Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of July 15-19, 2013
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 04:43 AM (2,447 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,553,000 (-101,000/+164,000)
2. B&B 3,596,000 (+87,000/+456,000)
3. GH 2,517,000 (+68,000/+72,000)
4. DAYS 2,416,000 (-34,000/+38,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/10 (-.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.1/+.3)
3. GH 1.9/6 (+.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/5 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 841,000 (-35,000/-11,000)
2. B&B 662,000 (+31,000/+32,000)
3. GH 617,000 (+7,000/+70,000)
4. DAYS 489,000 (-59,000/+36,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 1.0/7 (same/same)
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 260,000 (-15,000/+40,000)
2. B&B 201,000 (+5,000/+54,000)
3. GH 172,000 (-4,000/+20,000)
4. DAYS 146,000 (-11,000/+1,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.8 (same/+.1)
2. B&B 0.6 (same/+.2)
3. GH 0.5 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.4 (-.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,689,000
Tuesday: 2.6/3,604,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,666,000
Thursday: 2.6/3,624,000
Friday: 2.5/3,396,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,500,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,410,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,431,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,442,000
Friday: 1.7/2,299,000

GH
Monday: 2.0/2,666,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,659,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,470,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,384,000
Friday: 1.8/2,404,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,751,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,642,000
Wednesday: 3.3/4,433,000
Thursday: 3.3/4,446,000
Friday: 3.2/4,492,000

Source: SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Not a good week for Days at all, although they've been losing viewers for 3 straight weeks now, this is the first week that both demos were affected. This week was a good week but I wonder if some of these stories aren't resonating with the rest of the audience like they are with us. They are back to 1.8, and 1.7s...lets see what this week's numbers bring

blueskies
Member Avatar

wth?? this makes no sense to me at all...was this the Daysaster time period last year or something?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

blueskies
Jul 26 2013, 06:02 AM
wth?? this makes no sense to me at all...was this the Daysaster time period last year or something?
This was right before I believe Daysaster was end of July, they came back mid August. I suspect the numbers by mid August this year are not going to be good for Days

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Even though I enjoy some scenes from the shows, I can't honestly say that I'm enjoying any of the storylines in particular. None of these shows are "Must See TV" for me. Those that I record - Days & Y&R - I have no sense of anticipatory excitement over any of the storylines. And find myself FF thru or forgoing watching the episodes more times than not. I've given up on GH, but I do catch BB when possible, and again, certain scenes are riveting (notably, HT's Katie), but the overall storylines don't compel me to watch the show.
Edited by badaddiction, Jul 26 2013, 07:05 AM.

Evan
Member Avatar

Yay, B&B - it is on fire right now!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 26 2013, 05:28 AM
Not a good week for Days at all, although they've been losing viewers for 3 straight weeks now, this is the first week that both demos were affected. This week was a good week but I wonder if some of these stories aren't resonating with the rest of the audience like they are with us. They are back to 1.8, and 1.7s...lets see what this week's numbers bring
I think you hit the nail on the head about the stories not resonating with the audience. IMO the Wilson and Wabi baby stories were a big part of the reason for Days higher ratings. Now those stories aren't front and center anymore. I think many are bored with the Bristen story and don't really care about the Sami story and that's what seems to be front burner for summer. I do like JJ and Jennifer, but it isn't enough to override the other garbage for me.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

magicsteacher
Jul 26 2013, 07:38 AM
LuvingLumi
I think you hit the nail on the head about the stories not resonating with the audience. IMO the Wilson and Wabi baby stories were a big part of the reason for Days higher ratings. Now those stories aren't front and center anymore. I think many are bored with the Bristen story and don't really care about the Sami story and that's what seems to be front burner for summer. I do like JJ and Jennifer, but it isn't enough to override the other garbage for me.
and frankly this is nothing....

I suspect the month of August is going to be a bad month for Days. Not only did Days do rather well last year when the show came back after the Olympics, but it has sustainable growth the couple of weeks after they came back. For the week of July 23 (which would correspond to this week's ratings when they come out) Days had 2,481,000 total viewers.....the week of August 13 (when they came back post Olympics) they had 2,699,000.....let's see what happens....I've been trying to say this all along, Days might be better now because the show was shit last year and the year before...

badaddiction
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
I have to say I disagree about WilSon not being front and center because IMO they still are. Only this time Nick isn't the villain in the piece. It's supposedly Adrianne. RME. So, now it's WilSon/EJami vs Adrianne/the legal system, when before it was WilSon/EJami vs Nick.
Edited by badaddiction, Jul 26 2013, 08:18 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Jul 26 2013, 08:14 AM
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
I have to say I disagree about WilSon not being front and center because IMO they still are. Only this time Nick isn't the villain in the piece. It's supposedly Adrianne. RME. So, now it's WilSon/EJami vs Adrianne/the legal system, when before it was WilSon/EJami vs Nick.
There is just too much Sami in the Wilson story for me right now. Ultimately it's all about furthering Sami's story. Hopefully, that will change soon.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Jul 26 2013, 08:23 AM
badaddiction
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
There is just too much Sami in the Wilson story for me right now. Ultimately it's all about furthering Sami's story. Hopefully, that will change soon.
I honestly don't see a difference between her amount time spent in the WilSon storyline this go round vs. the last go round with Nick.
Edited by badaddiction, Jul 26 2013, 08:33 AM.

Jair

I must be an alien B&B it's so boring and bad written right now and it keeps getting up with the ratings

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

badaddiction
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
The A story at the moment appears to be Sami shooting Bernardi and the fall out from that....a few weeks ago it was Bristen/Kristen drugging and screwing Eric.....Wilson IMHO hasn't been the A storyline since Will's shooting happened and that was a while ago already. It's fine for them to transition in and out of the A story lines but IMHO they truly need to give something for Wilson to do that doesn't involve Brent or redecorating the coffee shop....

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 26 2013, 08:44 AM
badaddiction
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
The A story at the moment appears to be Sami shooting Bernardi and the fall out from that....a few weeks ago it was Bristen/Kristen drugging and screwing Eric.....Wilson IMHO hasn't been the A storyline since Will's shooting happened and that was a while ago already. It's fine for them to transition in and out of the A story lines but IMHO they truly need to give something for Wilson to do that doesn't involve Brent or redecorating the coffee shop....
Exactly. That was my point...you just said it much better!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Jair
Jul 26 2013, 08:30 AM
I must be an alien B&B it's so boring and bad written right now and it keeps getting up with the ratings
I must be one too---Days is a better show now that the Franco clusterfuck has engulfed GH, but GH gets better ratings. Go figure.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
badaddiction
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi
But even then, WilSon per se wasn't the A story IMO. They we're involved in it. If pushed, I would hazard to say that it was more a Will story with Sonny as support (just as right now, EJami's story, really is more a Sami story, with EJ as support). Outside of the shooting/Island drama, it was very much a shared WilSon/EJami vs Nick storyline with Sami and Nick seemingly the lead characters. The island/shooting drama lasted 1 - 2 weeks and I would say the numbers were good because there was to be a shooting/reveal/dramatic conclusion, especially regarding Nick.
Edited by badaddiction, Jul 26 2013, 09:02 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

badaddiction
Jul 26 2013, 08:56 AM
LuvingLumi
badaddiction
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But even then, WilSon per se wasn't the A story IMO. They we're involved in it. If pushed, I would hazard to say that it was more a Will story with Sonny as support (just as right now, EJami's story, really is more a Sami story, with EJ as support). Outside of the shooting/Island drama, it was very much a shared WilSon/EJami vs Nick storyline with Sami and Nick seemingly the lead characters. The island/shooting drama lasted 1 - 2 weeks and I would say the numbers were good because there was to be a shooting/reveal/dramatic conclusion, especially regarding Nick.
But it still had more of a Wilson focus than anything since....and I agree the story was more of a Will and Sami story with a side of Sonny, but Sonny was a very big side focus when he delivered the baby and then the tender moments at the hospital with them after the shooting, etc. It was a big moment for Wilson, they finally overcame Nick's blackmail and they patched things up with Gabi so that they can both be part of Arianna's life. We need something to drive these two into the A storyline more and more and not just fluff....but then what do we know....when Dannifer was hot and heavy a few months back the ratings weren't bad.....and IMHO there was really NO drama to whatever the hell was happening, lol. Maybe their decision to not make them more prominent has more to do with the impending Will exit and the fact that maybe the story the last 6 months of Will being in Salem will have him and Wilson focus so they need to save his airtime for then, but I'd like to see a bigger focus on others and not the same few that have been driving story for the past couple of years....

badaddiction
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 26 2013, 09:10 AM
badaddiction
Jul 26 2013, 08:56 AM
LuvingLumi
badaddiction

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
But it still had more of a Wilson focus than anything since....and I agree the story was more of a Will and Sami story with a side of Sonny, but Sonny was a very big side focus when he delivered the baby and then the tender moments at the hospital with them after the shooting, etc. It was a big moment for Wilson, they finally overcame Nick's blackmail and they patched things up with Gabi so that they can both be part of Arianna's life. We need something to drive these two into the A storyline more and more and not just fluff....but then what do we know....when Dannifer was hot and heavy a few months back the ratings weren't bad.....and IMHO there was really NO drama to whatever the hell was happening, lol. Maybe their decision to not make them more prominent has more to do with the impending Will exit and the fact that maybe the story the last 6 months of Will being in Salem will have him and Wilson focus so they need to save his airtime for then, but I'd like to see a bigger focus on others and not the same few that have been driving story for the past couple of years....
LOL, you kinda made my point, in that it was only the final two weeks of the baby drama that really focused on WilSon. And again, I would argue that as with most reveals and/or denouements to a multi month storyline, the numbers were good because of said reveals/drama/denouements.

Re: Dannifer.

Yeah, you never know what's going to resonate with the GA. To be quite honest, I can't imagine they are rooting against Adrianne, not if they are rooting for Dannifer.
Edited by badaddiction, Jul 26 2013, 09:24 AM.

jdawg1077

I don't think there's too much cause for concern. Ever since #priestsex, while the show has been good, there hasn't been much happening until this week with Sami being arrested. I don't think TPTB worry as much about ratings in the summer. It's September-March that they seem to be obsessed with. The "Sami Arrested" story is really just a summer story to keep things moderately interesting until autumn arrives. I think at that point you will really see stories kicking into gear.

lysie
Member Avatar

Hmmm. This is the first week that seems actually concerning. It's also sweeps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply