Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of July 15-19, 2013
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 04:43 AM (2,479 Views)
T-Love74
Member Avatar

Here it comes again!!! For weeks, it has been "DAYS is great!", "DAYS is on fire!". But, as soon as the ratings slide downward, it's back to the old, "Days sucks!", "Days is not good!" BS!!

#SoDamnPredictable
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bygnedys

General Hospital stinks right now, I don't understand their rise in ratings.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jdawg1077
Jul 26 2013, 09:34 AM
I don't think there's too much cause for concern. Ever since #priestsex, while the show has been good, there hasn't been much happening until this week with Sami being arrested. I don't think TPTB worry as much about ratings in the summer. It's September-March that they seem to be obsessed with. The "Sami Arrested" story is really just a summer story to keep things moderately interesting until autumn arrives. I think at that point you will really see stories kicking into gear.
Exactly. Honestly, all the soaps have been doing remarkably well this summer. I mean, are people forgettingt this is summer or something? Ratings usually tank for the soaps most weeks in summer especially for Days and GH in past years. Yes, Days had a huge jump last year for the Daysaster but that was only a 2 week period of ratings growth and they also did a huge marketing campaign and a huge cliffhanger to accomplish that. That is very rare to have a jump like that in the thick of summer and we are in that now. The fact that most of these soaps have shown stability and are up vs last year is amazing. GH started off bad in June but has rebounded a bit. Days had a fantastic June and even stayed stable the week of the 4th of July holiday and that is a week traditionally bad for most soaps but especially Days in past years. I don't see the negative here. Plus, while this is "sweeps" it's July. The networks know people aren't around the TV. It's summer. Sure, if the ratings increase, they are happy but they don't care right now. September-May they do. I mean, Corday even said as much a few years back in an interview that they don't get concerned over summer ratings. You won't see how well these stories resonate until Fall when they will likely pick up steam and climax. All we have to go on so far is June when these stories started and Days saw good ratings in June so it seems there is at least interest. And these ratings are for a week with minimal things happening. The show didn't pick up steam as far as story movement until Friday, which is traditionally a low ratings day anyway. We'll see what happens for this week, which has been amazing. Even if Days drops or gets no gains this week, I still think it's nothing. If it were the Fall or Winter, sure. In summer, no way.

Once you head into the heart of summer, if you can maintain most of your audience, take it and be happy. The soaps are doing that so there is really nothing concerning about any of this. Just my 2 cents from lurkdom.

Dee-anne

T-Love74
Jul 26 2013, 10:24 AM
Here it comes again!!! For weeks, it has been "DAYS is great!", "DAYS is on fire!". But, as soon as the ratings slide downward, it's back to the old, "Days sucks!", "Days is not good!" BS!!

#SoDamnPredictable
For months, I have never thought Days was great. I might say, not a bad week. There are certain aspecs of it that I have been enjoying, and that is everything that has Nicole in it, which includes Ericole, and I did enjoy the break up of Bristine, and all that occurred after until they turned Brady stupid again. There are other odd scenes too that has been good, and it is due more to the skill of the actors involved than it has to do with the stories being played out. I certainly do not like their A story, and I hate how they write the characters just to fit their plots, and the ones that are obviously the writers favorites, are certainly not mine.

Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 26 2013, 10:51 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

T-Love74

#SoDamnPredictable
So true. It always amazes me (and this is not just related to Days but all soaps) how you see different people comment in a thread when numbers are down than when they are up. That includes myself tho too because I only find reason to really post when numbers are down or when I see a topic that is rather controversial but I'm also pretty much a lurker now by my own choice. It is pretty amusing. This week Days takes it's turn in the hot seat. If it goes up next week, this thread will be completely the opposite but I guess that only makes sense. Not everyone likes the show and that will always be the case. You can't please everyone and, therefore, when ratings tumble, those displeased will feel validation. It makes sense.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Dee-anne
Jul 26 2013, 10:49 AM
T-Love74

#SoDamnPredictable
For months, I have never thought Days was great. I might say, not a bad week. There are certain aspecs of it that I have been enjoying, and that is everything that has Nicole in it, which includes Ericole, and I did enjoy the break up of Bristine, and all that occurred after until they turned Brady stupid again. There are other odd scenes too that has been good, and it is due more to the skill of the actors involved than it has to do with the stories being played out. I certainly do not like their A story, and I hate how they write the characters just to fit their plots, and the ones that are obviously the writers favorites, are certainly not mine.

Exactly...I hate when someone lumps all of us that post here together....just because one poster is saying Days is great, doesn't mean that all the other posters agree with that person. I personally only find the show acceptable because it's sucked so bad since 2010. That is by no means an endorsement of the current writing....I have liked some things and not liked other things but for the most part I'm not jumping up and down and anticipating the show to begin, but I do continue to watch.

I hate it when fans make assumptions...the only predictable thing is that not all of us agree......but the fact is the show has seen a decline in viewership the last 3 weeks, and this week is the first week for real concern as both demos declined...that's it....

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Days is so much better than GH right now. I honestly don't understand how GH went up...it's almost unwatchable for me. OTOH, I'm able to enjoy most of Days, even the characters who I don't care for, because I think the writing is good.

ShaneDOOLFan

Though Im disappointed to see DOOL slip to fourth, they are still up from last year and havent lost hardly any of the audience that they have gained since May. Now if this is the start of a trend I would be worried. DOOL is TEN TIMES better than GH right now. That show is a joke with the new OLTL alum characters.

ShaneDOOLFan

T-Love74

#SoDamnPredictable
I totally agree!! One week doesnt represent the state of the show at all. Lets be more positive DOOL fans.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 26 2013, 08:55 AM
Jair
Jul 26 2013, 08:30 AM
I must be an alien B&B it's so boring and bad written right now and it keeps getting up with the ratings
I must be one too---Days is a better show now that the Franco clusterfuck has engulfed GH, but GH gets better ratings. Go figure.
Maybe but unlike Days it doesn't turn me off. It's not just the s/ls but Days couples and love scenes are disgusting. I want romance, adventure...real suspense. I just don't get that from Days. And I hardly ever see characters I like, which also hurts the show for me.
So yeah these ratings seem correct.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Jul 26 2013, 10:40 AM
General Hospital stinks right now, I don't understand their rise in ratings.
Me either! I was Scracthing my head on this :shrug: it freaking sucks!

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Jul 26 2013, 06:43 PM
JarlenaLante
Jair
I must be an alien B&B it's so boring and bad written right now and it keeps getting up with the ratings
I must be one too---Days is a better show now that the Franco clusterfuck has engulfed GH, but GH gets better ratings. Go figure.
Maybe but unlike Days it doesn't turn me off. It's not just the s/ls but Days couples and love scenes are disgusting. I want romance, adventure...real suspense. I just don't get that from Days. And I hardly ever see characters I like, which also hurts the show for me.
And you think GH is bringing the romance? Cause IMO it is not. IMO the only couple who are close to being romantic on GH is Lante. Every other couple are either rushed, contrived,are in a triangle (ie. Kiki/Michael/Morgan-rushed/contrived/triangle, Quiz/Niz-triangle, Sabrina/Patrick-contrived and nauseating. I wouldn't even invest in a couple on GH cause RC can't write romance. And plus GH is now Franco Hospital :x .
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Jul 26 2013, 07:02 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

DAYS is still watchable for me & I am loving the fact that we are seeing different characters interacting. The ratings will be up & down for DAYS, but it is interesting soap right now than others! IMO

Dee-anne

EJ_SamiFF
Jul 26 2013, 07:00 PM
daysmemories
JarlenaLante
Jair
And you think GH is bringing the romance? Cause IMO it is not. IMO the only couple who are close to being romantic on GH is Lante. Every other couple are either rushed, contrived,are in a triangle (ie. Kiki/Michael/Morgan-rushed/contrived/triangle, Quiz/Niz-triangle, Sabrina/Patrick-contrived and nauseating. I wouldn't even invest in a couple on GH cause RC can't write romance. And plus GH is now Franco Hospital :x .
All these couples you have named on GH I also find boring, and they have been featuring them a lot. I am no longer enjoying Lante either. I miss the old Lulu, But recent developments have piqued my interest, and that is Brit and Nicolas sharing scenes. I like them a lot. I hope in the end they do end up as a couple but, I hope they don't rush it. I want to enjoy the journey. Also Sonny and Connie/Kate I always liked and they are sharing scenes again , but unfortunately the lady that plays Kate/Connie will be leaving soon and I will miss her. She is such a good actress. I am curious to see what happens with this Franco story. So, while I was bored with GH for weeks, they are now giving me something, I am interested in seeing.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
daysmemories
JarlenaLante
Jair
What I said was it doesn't turn me off. Dannifer sucks monkey balls, Bristen is Stoopid and EJ and Sami are fucking disgusting. I will say Wilson is about the only watchable one. I may not be a big fan of Patrick and Sabrina but it's a real romance. Dante and Lulu is too.. And there's great combos that are not couples in Britt and Nicolas , Liz and AJ...etc
Edited by daysmemories, Jul 27 2013, 12:32 AM.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

T-Love74

#SoDamnPredictable
Not me. I haven't enjoyed it much at all since last year with the exception of May sweeps.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Days have always floundered with their ratings. They need to free EJ from Sami because she thinks that she above reproach.
The only thing good about GH is Britt/Nik :wub:
B*B is full of wash/rinse/repeat storylines,
The Young and Restless is still putting out stagnant storylines :shrug:

Dee-anne

daysmemories
Jul 27 2013, 12:27 AM
EJ_SamiFF
daysmemories
JarlenaLante

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
What I said was it doesn't turn me off. Dannifer sucks monkey balls, Bristen is Stoopid and EJ and Sami are fucking disgusting. I will say Wilson is about the only watchable one. I may not be a big fan of Patrick and Sabrina but it's a real romance. Dante and Lulu is too.. And there's great combos that are not couples in Britt and Nicolas , Liz and AJ...etc
I agree with everything you said here.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

T-Love74

#SoDamnPredictable
DAYS is phenomenal right now and deserves so much more.

GH should be tanking right now.

I feel like I am in a parallel universe looking at these numbers.

crazy4sc

Well I like Gh a hell a lot better then Days but my head scratcher is all this Nik & Britt love . Lol don't see anything there but to each his or her own.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply