Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, July 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 07:07 AM (8,668 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 27 2013, 05:04 PM
Kayla and hope don't have a man.

I was thinking Mike Horton for Kayla, and they should develop Vargas and Hope.

They need a new guy for Abby.

I'm not sure who for Nicole.
I absolutely loved Steve and Kayla but if there's no chance of getting Stephen Nichols back, then I could go for Mike Horton (Michael T. Weiss) for Kayla. I think I would like Vargas and Hope too. New guy for Abby - absolutely. Maybe Alexander Kiriakis.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 06:15 PM
Kriss4
Jul 27 2013, 06:07 PM
Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 05:59 PM
Kristen was the focus of his life for the better part of his 90's return. And having one part of a pairing move onto another doesn't "trash" it's predecessor.
That depends on how it's handled.

I think the jack and Jennifer pairing was hurt by the powers that be's insistence on having Daniel for Jennifer...and the WAY it was done made things worse.

There was this rush to pair them.
True. What they did with Jen, Jack, and Dan was such blatant dannifer propping by making it seem as though Jennifer only stayed with Jack out of obligation and not the love that they shared over the years. Then having Dan come off as the good guy because he stopped trying to steal another man's wife. :glare:

lmao, the more I think about this couple the more I hate them.
Definitely how it's handled. Look what they just did with Jarlena.

It's mindboggleing how the writers made it out that Daniel was the good guy during that storyline when all we saw was him being a total creep!

He had no empathy for the man who was tortured for a year.

He made up the stuipid rules for the dating situation, than he broke the rules while Jack followed them, and he's the hero?!

For example, when one had a day with Jennifer, the other was supposed to stay away. Not only would Daniel call her on Jack's days, Daniel once jogged all the way to her house and looked through the window, where he saw Jack kiss Jennifer.

It was no accident, he didn't walk into the same diner as them by chance or bump into them on the street. He purposely went out of his way to be a peeping tom on a PTSD man trying to reconnect with the woman he left behind. Instead of Jennifer calling him out on his blatent rule breaking, she apologized to him for what he saw

And we're supposed to be okay with this?

We see the man who uses his power and authority as a doctor to prey on vulnerable patients, and we're told that we're wrong for objecting to it. He's a saint because everyone in Salem says so.

Every time we take a closer look at the Daniel character, and the Sami character too for that matter, and point out exactly where the writers are completely wrong, we get smacked in the face with:

"You're wrong! They're the bestest most greatest characters Ever!!! YOU WILL WORSHIP THEM!"

Posted Image

Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 27 2013, 07:21 PM.

Sweet and Salty

am103
Jul 26 2013, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna need Theresa to punch Abigail in the face as soon as she's done tearing Jennifer and Daniel apart for good.
:applause: Now THAT I GOTTA see!!!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Jul 27 2013, 07:03 PM
New guy for Abby - absolutely. Maybe Alexander Kiriakis.
They're adoptive cousins, and Alexander's real mother was Abby's step-grandmother. Biologically it's kosher, but realistically, eh.

Having never cared much for Phloe or Phelanie and in the absence of Phelle I could totally be down with Philip/Abby. Or Abby and Andrew Donovan.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 26 2013, 12:43 PM
Kristen could spend all day debating what disguise would be best for an impromptu trip back to the hotel in the capital.
Kristen might find herself going somewhere
if she doesn't leave those Bradys alone.EJ
wont stand for it.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ has no room to talk. He threatened Sonny's mother. Sonny needs to find out and knock EJ down a peg. It doesn't matter how mad he is at her, Sonny will protect his family.

thepadange

Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 04:49 PM
trojangal
Jul 27 2013, 11:09 AM
blueskies
Jul 27 2013, 09:09 AM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jul 27 2013, 09:00 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
miracle babies are almost a given in Salem though. Chloe has Parker, Nicole, well, she almost had Daniel Rafael (which I'm convinced the name is what did him in). With Kristen I feel like her age is almost more of an issue than the fact that the doctors told her "15 years ago" (apparently) that she couldn't have a baby. I admittedly, like everyone else, am very done with these baby storylines since that's all they seem to do on Days, with the exception of a Kristen baby-storyline. That is my one exception b/c I think it would be freaking awesome. I do think with her age she's teetering on the age of plausibility though.
One of my neighbors got pregnant at 51 years old after years
of various fertility treatments, so it is possible for Kristin to get pregnant
but not likely without a doctor's help.
Hm, for Kristen's circumstances she probably would need a doctor's help in getting pregnant. However, I don't believe that always the case whe it comes to older women in general. Their age decreases the chances of them getting pregnant naturally but it doesn't necessarily full-stop a pregnancy from occurring.
I remember as ED said in one of the tweets that Kristen/Susan are (or are suppossed to be) 45ish, I thought why this age? Maybe it's because of the possible pregnancy story?

BTW I dont know how old was supposed to be Marlena in 2005 when she became pregnant with Roman's baby. (DH was 57 yo at the time).

It looks like age doesn't matter and miracle babies "happen" in Salem, the only thing I'm not happy with (and it's my problem) are the circumstances how this pregnancy "happened" if we really have it.

camera shy

TreasureCove
Jul 28 2013, 02:27 AM
EJ has no room to talk. He threatened Sonny's mother. Sonny needs to find out and knock EJ down a peg. It doesn't matter how mad he is at her, Sonny will protect his family.
I wish Sonny would also hear Sami's big talk about Will being the best thing to ever happen to him. In my opinion it's pretty much a put down of Sonny. In that relationship I'd say Sonny is the one who brings the most to the table and WIll is lucky that Sonny even looked his way. And even if Will is pissed with Adrienne for her actions, if he was even kind of boyfriend who cared for Sonny's happiness he would tell him not to let anything come between him and his mother and not do that 'fuck you smirk' behind Sonny's back to Adrienne's face and dismiss her like she was nothing. And I bet we don't get Adrienne telling Justin and Sonny with EJ and WIll standing there about Ej's threat to her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 27 2013, 12:15 PM
With 4 months advanced tape time they've had plenty of time to do the story before Casey even thought about leaving. They didn't bother.
Even with 4 months of advance film time they're not going to waste their time paring a couple when half of that couple won't be around in the near future. It would just be a bunch of build up with no payoff when Chad leaves. What they should have done is not waste Chad on Melanie. But Melanie was the female version of her father and everyone man just had to love her. They had their chance to fully explore Chabby and they wasted it (and Chad) on Melanie. With 4 months left to film I imagine their focus was on writing a proper exit for the character. And even if they did recast the character, there's no guarantee that the new guy will work out. Remember when they recast Philip? 'Nuff said.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jul 28 2013, 08:17 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I didn't mean writing Chabby now, I mean they've had plenty of time this last year when all they had Chad doing was sitting around the coffee shop talking to people once a month. If they'd written him a real story before contract time he may have decided to stay. Hell, they took him right out of Sami's baby story as soon as he dropped the bomb at the wedding. He should have been more involved with that.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 28 2013, 07:35 AM
TreasureCove
I wish Sonny would also hear Sami's big talk about Will being the best thing to ever happen to him. In my opinion it's pretty much a put down of Sonny. In that relationship I'd say Sonny is the one who brings the most to the table and WIll is lucky that Sonny even looked his way. And even if Will is pissed with Adrienne for her actions, if he was even kind of boyfriend who cared for Sonny's happiness he would tell him not to let anything come between him and his mother and not do that 'fuck you smirk' behind Sonny's back to Adrienne's face and dismiss her like she was nothing. And I bet we don't get Adrienne telling Justin and Sonny with EJ and WIll standing there about Ej's threat to her.
I would suggest staying out of
:angry: EJ way when he is in Solider
mode.Adrianne is no match for the Mafia.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 28 2013, 11:02 PM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jul 28 2013, 11:02 PM
camera shy
Jul 28 2013, 07:35 AM
TreasureCove

Adrianne probably will have a restraining
order placed against EJ.EJ did give her
a good scare.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 28 2013, 11:15 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ is no match for the Kiriakis family.

concerned
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Jul 27 2013, 07:03 PM
Kriss4
Jul 27 2013, 05:04 PM
Kayla and hope don't have a man.

I was thinking Mike Horton for Kayla, and they should develop Vargas and Hope.

They need a new guy for Abby.

I'm not sure who for Nicole.
I absolutely loved Steve and Kayla but if there's no chance of getting Stephen Nichols back, then I could go for Mike Horton (Michael T. Weiss) for Kayla. I think I would like Vargas and Hope too. New guy for Abby - absolutely. Maybe Alexander Kiriakis.
I don't necessarily need a man for Kayla and Hope.

I'd prefer some story.

In fact I'm happy for Nicole to have some non man related story time as well.

Kriss4

Yeah, but the difference is Nicole always has a man. She just hasn't had a man who wanted HER as much as she wanted him...which I hate, because Nicole SHOULD get to win her heart's desire one of these days.

Kayla, on the other hand, hasn't had a relationship in the entire time she's been back, which has been over a year and a half. She hasn't even gone on a date, and I'd like her to. I'd like her to try...to reach out for personal happiness, you know? I don't think it's unreasonable for me to want that for her, since I love her. I don't want her to spend the rest of her life alone. To my way of thinking, she's spent so much of her life alone. Remember that she was without Steve for sixteen years...and according to her, she really only tried to be happy with one other guy in all that time...and we know that didn't work out. It ended in 1992. We heard she dated some guy in California, but she wasn't happy.

So I'd like her to decide to try. It doesn't have to go well. Blind dates or something. I could so see Hope setting her up. Could even be funny. But I'd like her to take a chance. It's story. It's a potential relationship story.
Edited by Kriss4, Jul 29 2013, 12:20 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

How about a man AND a story?

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

There is so much potential story for her!

am103
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jul 29 2013, 01:32 AM
How about a man AND a story?
Blasphemy! ;)

I feel the worst for Kayla and Hope. Both of them have no man AND no story.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 28 2013, 12:05 PM
I didn't mean writing Chabby now, I mean they've had plenty of time this last year when all they had Chad doing was sitting around the coffee shop talking to people once a month. If they'd written him a real story before contract time he may have decided to stay. Hell, they took him right out of Sami's baby story as soon as he dropped the bomb at the wedding. He should have been more involved with that.
Just checking.Did you mistakenly post "Sami's baby story"freudian slip) instead of "Gabi's baby story" or was that part of the post sarcasm?
Edited by BeeBee, Jul 29 2013, 11:57 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Abigail needs a major comeuppance scene for me to ever enjoy her again....the Daniel cheerleading is just too much for me...it has destroyed her character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply