Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, July 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 07:07 AM (8,777 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 27 2013, 01:23 AM
Why have we seen NO movement with Abigail and her men? I love Abby, but I am beyond ready for her to make a decision and stick to it.
Odds are whatever plans they had for Chad/Abby/Cameron had to be scrapped when Casey decided to leave the show. If Casey had chosen to stay I doubt we'd be having an illness storyline for Chad.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jul 27 2013, 12:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

With 4 months advanced tape time they've had plenty of time to do the story before Casey even thought about leaving. They didn't bother.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 27 2013, 12:16 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 27 2013, 09:09 AM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jul 27 2013, 09:00 AM
am103
Jul 27 2013, 12:26 AM
I love that the show keeps building the Eric/Brady relationship. And that Eric said he hopes Kristen will never come between him and Brady. Kristen is so, so, so pregnant.
Eh, I hope not, JUST because, part of the reason Kristen was SO freaked out when she lost her and John's baby was because she had... i forget... some kind of problem, that she only had "So much time" to get pregnant, and they said after she did she never could be again. So, if she IS pregnant, not only would that make, once again, writers not doing their homework and/or rewriting history, but also, it would make the urgrency of Susan impersonating her a little less.
miracle babies are almost a given in Salem though. Chloe has Parker, Nicole, well, she almost had Daniel Rafael (which I'm convinced the name is what did him in). With Kristen I feel like her age is almost more of an issue than the fact that the doctors told her "15 years ago" (apparently) that she couldn't have a baby. I admittedly, like everyone else, am very done with these baby storylines since that's all they seem to do on Days, with the exception of a Kristen baby-storyline. That is my one exception b/c I think it would be freaking awesome. I do think with her age she's teetering on the age of plausibility though.
Also around the time when Kristen found out that she was running out of time to have children, is when Tony was deadset on keeping Kristen with him. He was there after she got the bad news and he tried to convince her to stay married to him and have his children. They COULD say that Tony was behind the initial prognosis and that the later doctors were basing their judgments on that false information. It's a long shot but what hasn't been on this show for the past 8 years?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jul 27 2013, 11:09 AM
blueskies
Mean, Mean, Mean!
am103
I love that the show keeps building the Eric/Brady relationship. And that Eric said he hopes Kristen will never come between him and Brady. Kristen is so, so, so pregnant.
Eh, I hope not, JUST because, part of the reason Kristen was SO freaked out when she lost her and John's baby was because she had... i forget... some kind of problem, that she only had "So much time" to get pregnant, and they said after she did she never could be again. So, if she IS pregnant, not only would that make, once again, writers not doing their homework and/or rewriting history, but also, it would make the urgrency of Susan impersonating her a little less.
miracle babies are almost a given in Salem though. Chloe has Parker, Nicole, well, she almost had Daniel Rafael (which I'm convinced the name is what did him in). With Kristen I feel like her age is almost more of an issue than the fact that the doctors told her "15 years ago" (apparently) that she couldn't have a baby. I admittedly, like everyone else, am very done with these baby storylines since that's all they seem to do on Days, with the exception of a Kristen baby-storyline. That is my one exception b/c I think it would be freaking awesome. I do think with her age she's teetering on the age of plausibility though.
One of my neighbors got pregnant at 51 years old after years
of various fertility treatments, so it is possible for Kristin to get pregnant
but not likely without a doctor's help.
Hm, for Kristen's circumstances she probably would need a doctor's help in getting pregnant. However, I don't believe that always the case whe it comes to older women in general. Their age decreases the chances of them getting pregnant naturally but it doesn't necessarily full-stop a pregnancy from occurring.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 27 2013, 04:52 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 26 2013, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna need Theresa to punch Abigail in the face as soon as she's done tearing Jennifer and Daniel apart for good.
Come on writers Kate Mansi is better than this.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 27 2013, 12:09 AM
Oh my God. Theresa's eye-roll at Jennifer was my EVERYTHING! And Daniel signs his notes to Jennifer "DJ"? That's weird, lol.
I guess he has aspirations to take over a certain position.

Maybe initials are the way to do it.

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Why have we seen NO movement with Abigail and her men? I love Abby, but I am beyond ready for her to make a decision and stick to it.
I feel like this is my lot in life on this show.

Why have we seen NO movement with Nicole and her men? I love Nicole, but I am beyond ready for her to make a decision and stick to it.

Why have we seen NO movement with Kayla and her men? I love Kayla, but I am beyond ready for her to make a decision and stick to it.

Why have we seen NO movement with Hope and her men? I love Hope, but I am beyond ready for her to make a decision and stick to it.

And I'm not even sure where to start with Kate.

Kriss4

Kayla and hope don't have a man.

I was thinking Mike Horton for Kayla, and they should develop Vargas and Hope.

They need a new guy for Abby.

I'm not sure who for Nicole.

concerned
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 27 2013, 12:07 PM
AFaithL
Odds are whatever plans they had for Chad/Abby/Cameron had to be scrapped when Casey decided to leave the show. If Casey had chosen to stay I doubt we'd be having an illness storyline for Chad.
Odds on is that if they had of written a decent chunky storyline for Abby and Chad he would have stayed.

I think he's leaving because of the abysmal circling pattern he's been in.

He's probably heard don't worry we're writing you a "meaty frontburner storyline" enough times now to know it means nothing when coming from these mouths.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 04:08 PM
blueskies
Mean, Mean, Mean!
am103
Also around the time when Kristen found out that she was running out of time to have children, is when Tony was deadset on keeping Kristen with him. He was there after she got the bad news and he tried to convince her to stay married to him and have his children. They COULD say that Tony was behind the initial prognosis and that the later doctors were basing their judgments on that false information. It's a long shot but what hasn't been on this show for the past 8 years?
That would be awesome. This would be a great time for Tony/Andre to come back :)
Edited by blueskies, Jul 27 2013, 05:46 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 27 2013, 05:45 PM
Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 04:08 PM
blueskies
Mean, Mean, Mean!

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That would be awesome. This would be a great time for Tony/Andre to come back :)
I love Tony - but it would be ridiculous for him to come back at this time. There are undead and only barely dead characters that need to come back first.

Plus I wouldn't want to see Tony and Anna's love story trashed to make Kristen the focus of his life..

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kristen was the focus of his life for the better part of his 90's return. And having one part of a pairing move onto another doesn't "trash" it's predecessor.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 27 2013, 06:00 PM.

Kriss4

Panda Panda
Jul 27 2013, 05:59 PM
Kristen was the focus of his life for the better part of his 90's return. And having one part of a pairing move onto another doesn't "trash" it's predecessor.
That depends on how it's handled.

I think the jack and Jennifer pairing was hurt by the powers that be's insistence on having Daniel for Jennifer...and the WAY it was done made things worse.

There was this rush to pair them.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 27 2013, 06:07 PM
Panda Panda
That depends on how it's handled.

I think the jack and Jennifer pairing was hurt by the powers that be's insistence on having Daniel for Jennifer...and the WAY it was done made things worse.

There was this rush to pair them.
True. What they did with Jen, Jack, and Dan was such blatant dannifer propping by making it seem as though Jennifer only stayed with Jack out of obligation and not the love that they shared over the years. Then having Dan come off as the good guy because he stopped trying to steal another man's wife. :glare:

lmao, the more I think about this couple the more I hate them.

Kriss4

I hate the Daniel/Jennifer pairing, too.

They should have cast Shawn Christian as Mike Horton. Mike Horton wasn't a womanizer, and the rare times I can stand Daniel involve him being a doctor, which he would still be as Mike.
Plus, he would be Jen's brother, so we'd be safe.

concerned
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
I'm pretty sure they'd manage to find a way to make it that Tony only ever really wanted Kristen and he only settled for Anna because Kristen wasn't available.

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 27 2013, 06:29 PM
Panda Panda
I'm pretty sure they'd manage to find a way to make it that Tony only ever really wanted Kristen and he only settled for Anna because Kristen wasn't available.
i don't think so b/c we found out that Stefano had Tony on the island the whole time, so technically Andre impersonating Tony was with Kristen and Tony with Anna.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 27 2013, 06:26 PM
I hate the Daniel/Jennifer pairing, too.

They should have cast Shawn Christian as Mike Horton. Mike Horton wasn't a womanizer, and the rare times I can stand Daniel involve him being a doctor, which he would still be as Mike.
Plus, he would be Jen's brother, so we'd be safe.
That would make the sexual tension lingering in the air between Abby and SC even more awkward than it already is.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 27 2013, 06:36 PM
concerned
Jul 27 2013, 06:29 PM
Panda Panda
i don't think so b/c we found out that Stefano had Tony on the island the whole time, so technically Andre impersonating Tony was with Kristen and Tony with Anna.
I'm hoping if Tony/Andre is ever revisited they throw that out the window and go back to Andre replacing Tony during Aremid. It's less of a clucksterfuck than the trapped on an island for 20+ years crap they did.

concerned
Member Avatar

Kristen can have Andre. Happy with that solution.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply