Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kristian Alfonso re-signs contract
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 03:12 PM (2,027 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-new-days-deal-kristian-alfonso
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Its nice to have a re-signing just fall into our laps instead of sweating it out for months or worrying about a departure. Or hearing about contract negotiations for weeks on end. Of course her last pay cut and airtime cut was likely pretty big so they probably agreed to the same exact terms. I hope this happened a bit ago and that's why she's been taping everyday. Maybe her re-upping with the show will lead to a real story.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

not surprised in the least, but still super happy! :)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

KJAlfonso: I'm incredibly excited abt fture stry!Thnk U4 having me@days RT@SoapDigest:Exclusive!New DAYS Deal ... http://t.co/ubWvOtOp4T
https://twitter.com/kjalfonso/status/360855616702517249

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Now that Kristian's resigned, step 1: Free Hope from Bo, preferably by "killing" him.
seems TPTB have already figured out step 2: give Kristian/Hope a story.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I hope this means that the show will finally put the character of Hope to good use. Kristian Alfonso deserves better than what they have been giving her.

Marlene

Happy to hear this.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Great news! Kristian is such a classy lady and Hope is even more of a core Horton than Jennifer. Of course, I also love all KA's cast tweets! Just hope (pun intended) they give her some good material that properly deals with Bo's absence.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 26 2013, 04:07 PM
Great news! Kristian is such a classy lady and Hope is even more of a core Horton than Jennifer. Of course, I also love all KA's cast tweets! Just hope (pun intended) they give her some good material that properly deals with Bo's absence.
How exactly is she more of a Horton than Jennifer? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jul 26 2013, 04:10 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Excellent news!

Kriss4

Bright Eyes
Jul 26 2013, 04:09 PM
JarlenaLante
How exactly is she more of a Horton than Jennifer? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Yeah. Hope is not more of a Horton than Jennifer. They're both equally Hortons.

However, I don't enjoy Jennifer with Daniel, and I might very well enjoy Hope with someone other than Bo, because they didn't shove Hope into a new relationship with a guy before Bo was gone a month, as they did with Jen.

It makes a difference somehow. It just does. Plus, Daniel and Jennifer just don't have anything compelling between them. If they DID, I might be drawn to them. But all they do is break up and make up. What's compelling about that?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 26 2013, 04:16 PM
Bright Eyes
JarlenaLante
Yeah. Hope is not more of a Horton than Jennifer. They're both equally Hortons.

However, I don't enjoy Jennifer with Daniel, and I might very well enjoy Hope with someone other than Bo, because they didn't shove Hope into a new relationship with a guy before Bo was gone a month, as they did with Jen.

It makes a difference somehow. It just does. Plus, Daniel and Jennifer just don't have anything compelling between them. If they DID, I might be drawn to them. But all they do is break up and make up. What's compelling about that?

I was just asking because of the technicality of that inane statement. Ones subjectivity about the actual characters had nothing to do with it.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
JarlenaLante
i think that they mean that Hope is more of a "next in line to be the Alice of Salem" than Jen is. Hope is more mature, has a more level head on her shoulders, etc. Meanwhile Jen is currently somewhat acting like a little child - especially when it comes to Daniel.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I've always preferred Hope over Jennifer but I don't think one is more Horton-like than the other.

AFaithL

Good. Now please give Hope a new love interest.

ShaneDOOLFan

Was she even up for renewal? I wonder why we havent heard about Deidre Hall. Isn't her contract up this month? I hope they dont put her on reoccuring.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/kristian-alfonso-signs-new-deal-with-days-will-hope-get-a-major-story/2013/07/26/
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jul 26 2013, 06:14 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

To clarify a bit, I think the terrible, atrocious writing for Jennifer since she came back around 2011 has really tarnished her as a character for me. It's really sad but as touched as I was to see her at the Tom and Alice plaque today, I did have the thought of how far she has strayed from the standard set by Alice. It might not make much sense, I know, but I haven't seen the Horton inside Jennifer Rose the last year or so.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Jul 26 2013, 07:46 PM.

chinkybig

Great news. Writers, give her some great material to work on. She didn't sign on again just to be a prop and a doormat for other Z stories. Thanks.
Edited by chinkybig, Jul 26 2013, 07:02 PM.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

I wonder if she'll finally get a story and they can do something about the Bo situation?!?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply