Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Kristian Alfonso re-signs contract
Topic Started: Jul 26 2013, 03:12 PM (1,994 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

chinkybig
Jul 26 2013, 07:02 PM
Great news. Writers, give her some great material to work on. She didn't sign on again just to be a prop and a doormat for other Z stories. Thanks.
i wouldn't be surprised if she used her lack of airtime and story since Peter's departure as a bargaining chip.

KC talking about how Kristian deserves a meaty story, Kristian working for almost 3 weeks straight, & now news of her contract renewal all within the last month sounds like negotiations lit a fire under the writers' feet & got them to do something.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/07/days-kristian-alfonso-sticking-to-salem

Holena
Member Avatar

Great news :D I hope (as a few) that she will be divorced from Bo AND bring on Holena (Hope & Marlena) :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Very very happy to hear this. Never doubted though because KA has always been loyal to DOOL & happy to be there!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I can't imagine KA ever not re-signing with DAYS. She's the epitome of a professional team player, always putting in the work to maintain her fanbase and playing it up when representing the show. I can't ever recall her complaining, I always felt she intends to be around a long time.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Jul 26 2013, 10:33 PM
I can't imagine KA ever not re-signing with DAYS. She's the epitome of a professional team player, always putting in the work to maintain her fanbase and playing it up when representing the show. I can't ever recall her complaining, I always felt she intends to be around a long time.
she's human, so i suspect there are times when she does complain, but it's never in public - no negative tweets, no negative comments in magazines, no negative statements to people at events. it doesn't matter how ridiculous the storyline she's given, she's always saying she's enjoying what she's doing & she can't wait for us to see it (regardless of what her true feelings about the story).

AFaithL

I want to know why she only re-signed for a year....

She usually only signs multi-year contracts

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Supergirlx2
Jul 26 2013, 04:36 PM
. Meanwhile Jen is currently somewhat acting like a little child - especially when it comes to Daniel.
Her constant "Oh my GOSH!" was nails on a chalkboard to me.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DS1126
Jul 26 2013, 07:22 PM
I wonder if she'll finally get a story and they can do something about the Bo situation?!?
Bo will now be a cardboard cut out of a 1995 Peter Reckell still, with the mouth animated and voiced ala South Park.
Edited by Drew, Jul 27 2013, 02:13 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Yeah... :) I love her.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Wonderful news to read!! Smiles all over. :D I can't picture DOOL without KA, and I'm so thrilled to hear that she loves working with the cast/show.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I really wish they would make Bo "lost at sea" or something so this woman can have a storyline and her character can move forward!!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 27 2013, 02:01 AM

the length of her contract may have something to do with how long Days is renewed for, or maybe either side wanted the ability to amend the contract in a year if need be. we know from Peter that while he & Kristian has signed 2 year renewals, there was some sort of negotiation or something that happened after 1 year that allowed him to leave at that point. i have no actual knowledge of contract-related matters.

Jason, anything you can tell us?

tylerbo20

speaking of HOrtons...id like Bill/Marie to return it was nice having them for alice's funeral.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 27 2013, 11:01 AM
AFaithL
Jul 27 2013, 02:01 AM

the length of her contract may have something to do with how long Days is renewed for, or maybe either side wanted the ability to amend the contract in a year if need be. we know from Peter that while he & Kristian has signed 2 year renewals, there was some sort of negotiation or something that happened after 1 year that allowed him to leave at that point. i have no actual knowledge of contract-related matters.

Jason, anything you can tell us?
No, the length of her contract would have nothing to do with how long the show is renewed for.

Contracts can always have outs in them, especially with vets, so that's not surprising. It's usually mostly the newbies who don't have any outs for their first 4-year cycle on the show.

michr544125

So glad she re-signed. I've always loved Hope with Bo, but I'm a bigger fan of Hope. I hope that Days allows Hope to move onto a new love interest without Bo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply