Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD speaks to Charles Shaughnessy in 8/5/13 issue; 8/8 UPDATE: Charlie tweets photo of Shane
Topic Started: Jul 27 2013, 06:41 PM (3,271 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

In the new August 5 edition of Soap Opera Digest, the magazine speaks with Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan). With Patsy Pease (Kimberly)'s return to Salem in November already announced, Shaughnessy had this to say: "If Days is interested...having Shane involved, yeah, I would go back. I would be happy to play Shane again, especially at this current time in my career...I would jump at the chance." For more of what Shaughnessy has to say, pick up the August 5 edition of Soap Opera Digest. In the meantime, Shane and Kimberly fans, keep your fingers crossed...
Edited by Jason47, Jul 27 2013, 06:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

When Charles was in Toronto and promoting his interactive stage production Game Show, he mentioned the same thing - he'd love to return to Days if asked. He, like many others, praises how it feels like family and that everyone's always so welcoming when he returns. With Jeannie/Theresa in Salem and there being a need to address Bo's absence, Shane could return to help Hope with trying to find Bo (assuming he were missing) and then bump into Jeannie/Theresa and have an uncomfortable encounter with her. Maybe, just maybe, TPTB could get both Patsy & Charles to return for the Christmas episodes.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 27 2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe, just maybe, TPTB could get both Patsy & Charles to return for the Christmas episodes.

It's always fun to have lots of family around for Christmas.
Edited by Jason47, Jul 27 2013, 07:00 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind Shane coming back long term. Create some hamfisted way for him to become the new Salem PD comissioner

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 27 2013, 06:59 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 27 2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe, just maybe, TPTB could get both Patsy & Charles to return for the Christmas episodes.

It's always fun to have lots of family around for Christmas.
Oh, Jason, you tease! :wub2:

Jason47
Member Avatar

:bye:
Edited by Jason47, Jul 27 2013, 07:09 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

He's coming back! I've been in this tease game for far too long to not see a bright red flag in front of my face! :). Very excited for Shanberly!!!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Please bring Shane back!

Kriss4

The idea is story-rich. Rich for Shane, rich for Kimberly, rich for Theresa. Rich for all the Bradys if they play it right. Bring some history in for them to deal with.

I'd think the show would consider it.

tylerbo20

Just like they dealt with Lawrence/Vivian/Carly and messed that up big time not to mention Carrie/Austin/jack/Billie/Laura/and sadly Kristen

BradyB

I'd love to see Shane back!!!

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Hope he does return.

am103
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Jul 28 2013, 11:18 AM
Just like they dealt with Lawrence/Vivian/Carly and messed that up big time not to mention Carrie/Austin/jack/Billie/Laura/and sadly Kristen
To be fair, Vivian/Lawrence/Carly 2.0 had incredible promise when it first started. Carly killing Lawrence in a fit of rage to protect her daughter and Vivian hunting her down to get revenge? Fantastic story set-up. It was the rushed reunion of Bo/Carly, the terrible writing for Hope, cartoonish writing for Vivian, and the insertion of Daniel (as always) that ruined that story.

Really hope Shane is returning with Kim and that we get a flawless story for the two of them. I really do trust these writers to pen a good story for the two of them, as I have really been impressed by the writing for 2013. So, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Donovanfan

I hope you're right, I really do. I've also like the writing under these writers much more than in the past. However, I've not cared for the way jack and John have been thrown under the bus to move a story forward(JMHO). I was beyond disappointed in Shanes last portrayal, so im not getting my hopes up. I think the story is there. When Shane came home from South America he acknowledged that he had let his family down. Whether they go from there or someplace else, I guess it's well have to wait and see.

I'm happy for both Charlie and patsy. I know they both want to work and they love what they do. Whatever they are given, I know they'll do their best.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I don't understand why anyone would want this regime to write Shane. Have you not seen what they've done to all of the supercouples? Especially the men? Shane would come back a wife beater with a drug problem or anti-American terrorist. Or worse. Longing to be with EJ or Daniel.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 29 2013, 09:34 PM.

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind Shane back. Maybe to sweeten the deal, they can have Shane hit and run over Daniel on the road back into Salem.

kimandshane

Jason47
Jul 27 2013, 06:41 PM
In the new August 5 edition of Soap Opera Digest, the magazine speaks with Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan). With Patsy Pease (Kimberly)'s return to Salem in November already announced, Shaughnessy had this to say: "If Days is interested...having Shane involved, yeah, I would go back. I would be happy to play Shane again, especially at this current time in my career...I would jump at the chance." For more of what Shaughnessy has to say, pick up the August 5 edition of Soap Opera Digest. In the meantime, Shane and Kimberly fans, keep your fingers crossed...

Thanks, Jason! You're the best! Charlie's response is especially interesting given the hints / not hints you've left us! ;)

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think it's probably a given he'll at least make SOME appearance, IMO, if not that's a huge oversight, but I guess it could play out in the future that Shane might not be around again. I mean, this is Tomsell, and we all know what happened to Steve, Jack, Bo and John. And Tony.

And plus, with several cast members exiting like a decade from now because of the tape schedule, it's not like the money shouldn't be there. Technically, lol.
Edited by KMan101, Jul 31 2013, 03:06 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Was just watching this clip

and apart from the god awful hair style was reminded that I could listen to Shane speak all day long.
Love that voice.

Hope he is coming back.... it would be lovely to have an intelligent male back on the canvas.

(apologies to Blake Berris.. Nick is intelligent but slightly off kilter I am still enjoying his intelligence)

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Oh, please say it's so. I loved Shane/Kim. Kim/Shane's return would be perfect timing since their wildchild is already in salem. And can he bring back the ISA, too? Seriously miss those adventures of old.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply