Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, July 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 07:02 AM (11,286 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 30 2013, 12:56 PM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 12:35 PM
lysie
Jul 30 2013, 11:20 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 29 2013, 11:00 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's not the same at all. The circumstances have changed. EJ instructed them to obstruct justice. Justin is telling them not to talk about it. That's what a lawyer does.

Now would be the time for me to tell you to learn how lawyers work. But I won't. But don't expect to keep posting here if you're going to talk to other members like you did with Jason. Especially when you're wrong.
Excuse me are you the Administrator?If you are not
then you cannot tell me where to post.Now my post wasn't meant
to offend Jason.If Jason has a problem with it then why doesn't he have a talk with me?I have done research on how Agents work in show Biz.Now Jason, stated to me that he guesses if I were the agent for the kids,that they wouldn't get paid.If I were the Agent I wouldn't get paid until my client got on the job.I better hope they get the job if I want to put food on my table.If they don't get a job I don't
get paid its as simple as that.I am anxious to see how Justin
is going to defend Will knowing what he knows about Will.Justin
told :shrug: Will/Sonny not to tell anyone.Well its got to come out somehow
unless Justin wants to be disbarred for with holding info.Will will
probably go spill the beans to the DA.The DA will say well now
Will you can wear the blue suit.Now Bad in the future if you don't like
my comments then I would suggest you put me on your ignore list.
Uhm I really think you should check the title of the person you were replying to... Seriously you didn't start posting yesterday, so IDK
Must have missed those big red letters!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Oh, this thread is priceless. :popcorn:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

six
Jul 30 2013, 01:04 PM
Oh, this thread is priceless. :popcorn:
And someone is posting now!! Hee hee

lysie
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
lysie
Jul 30 2013, 11:20 AM
Fantastic66
badaddiction
Jul 29 2013, 10:45 PM
Gotta say I loved Justin calling Sonny, EJ, and Sami on their crap today. He has become my favorite male character on Days. The fact that he stood up for Adrianne made me like him even more. He was man enough to admit that his wife saw what he was too blind to see. Bravo, Justin.

I couldn't sit through the scenes with Adrianne and the two badly dressed dweebs - aka Will and Sonny - trying to lay the blame at feet. So, yeah, I hit the FF button, despite my admiration for Adrianne.

I'm so happy Maggie is there for Adrianne to talk to. She needs someone who is on her side.

My heart broke for Nick today. I think his ending things with Gabi is his way of punishing himself for what occurred in prison, as well as what he did to Will. I would hazard to say that he feesl that he's unworthy of love due to what happened in prison. Gawd, I could watch BB 's tormented Nick all day.
Yea now its funny Justin is doing the same
thing with Will that he was angry about.Justin
told both Will/Sonny to tell no one about what
lies beneath.Justin had alot of nerve speaking
to EJ like that!
It's not the same at all. The circumstances have changed. EJ instructed them to obstruct justice. Justin is telling them not to talk about it. That's what a lawyer does.

Now would be the time for me to tell you to learn how lawyers work. But I won't. But don't expect to keep posting here if you're going to talk to other members like you did with Jason. Especially when you're wrong.
to offend Jason.If Jason has a problem with it then why doesn't he have a talk with me?I have done research on how Agents work in show Biz.Now Jason, stated to me that he guesses if I were the agent for the kids,that they wouldn't get paid.If I were the Agent I wouldn't get paid until my client got on the job.I better hope they get the job if I want to put food on my table.If they don't get a job I don't
get paid its as simple as that.I am anxious to see how Justin
is going to defend Will knowing what he knows about Will.Justin
told :shrug: Will/Sonny not to tell anyone.Well its got to come out somehow
unless Justin wants to be disbarred for with holding info.Will will
probably go spill the beans to the DA.The DA will say well now
Will you can wear the blue suit.Now Bad in the future if you don't like
my comments then I would suggest you put me on your ignore list.
It says admin under my name. It's bright red. I'd refute what you're saying about Justin because it makes no sense, but it really doesn't seem necessary. Reread our rules and maybe familiarize yourself with who the admins and mods are on this board before you post again.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 30 2013, 03:56 AM
Jason47
Jul 29 2013, 08:27 PM
Will&Sonny
Jul 29 2013, 07:28 PM
Jason47
Jul 29 2013, 07:22 PM

That counts? Interesting.
It was a new scene, why would it not count? If that was the case, then you'd be saying I shouldn't count Johnny, Allie & Sydney as appearing today.
Yeah, it makes sense, especially when you put it that way (because I never expected you to not count that as an appearance for Johnny, Allie, and Sydney -- they have to get paid for filming that clip at some point, after all), but I just didn't expect the set to get counted, since I would have just considered it a scene within a scene or one of those Phone Limbo things that you sometimes mention when you're doing teasers (meaning that I would have assumed that, if anything, you'd count it as a Phone Limbo "set" instead of the actual set). Like I said, I just found it interesting, like most of your random tidbits of information.

Your later post, where you listed various examples of things that do and don't count as appearances, leaves me with a question -- how would you count an appearance on a webisode? It's technically new content, but it never airs on television. I can't even recall if Days has ever had any such content -- I think that they have, but I'm not sure what the content would have involved (although, for whatever reason, the first two things that spring to my mind are the Santo / Colleen debacle and the Touch the Sky debacle) -- but other soaps definitely have. I'm assuming that you'd count them (and, I suppose, the primetime Days episodes) as appearances on a different, but related, "television show", but that's just a guess. And would such appearances count against an actor's contractual guarantees?
I recognized it as the DiMera couch, so that's why I counted it as the DiMera Mansions set. If they just focused on the kid's faces and you couldn't really see any part of the set, then yes, you'd be correct. I'd have to list it as a Phone Limbo set.

I don't believe "Days" has ever had any webisodes before, but if they did, that would count as an entirely different series. The Primetime Emmys (and maybe the Daytime Emmys?) have a separate category for webisodes, so that makes it an easy distinction that the two (the series and the webisodes) are not technically related.

"Passions" has several internet-only series, one about the Monk, and a few others, and I never watched any of them, due to time constraints, so that's how I'd deal with it regarding "Days" (although I'd probably watch the Days ones). They wouldn't count in the rankings.

The 3 primetime "Days" specials do though, they are included in my rankings!

Jason47
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 30 2013, 05:35 AM
Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 01:11 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 29 2013, 10:29 PM
I really don't consider seeing the kids on the Video an appearance.
Good thing you're not their agent, or then the Kunitz twins/Rose twins/Hartounian twins wouldn't have gotten paid for their "non" appearance!! :)

If the actor works in new material, it's an appearance.

Newly-created flashback? New appearance.

Getting killed in the previous episode and then appearing as just a dead body lying on the floor in the next episode? New appearance.

Hearing someone's voice only (in new material)? New appearance. (JJ's recent message to Theresa was NOT new though, since it was the exact message he placed to her in the previous episode, so that was a flashback).

Pre-taped/re-aired footage of someone lying in a hospital bed (for the Marlena/Belle pre-taped episodes from years ago)? NOT a new appearance. Listed as RBO (rollback only).

Having the first scene of an episode be an airing of the last scene from the previous episode, such as for a wedding cliffhanger? NOT a new appearance. That's also known as rollback (and would account for someone being seen just in the rollback scene, such as Father Matt, and then he's not in the rest of the episode)

Just some of the things taken into consideration when compiling my daily cast lists!! PHEW! :chee:
Thanks, Jason! You answered quite a few questions for me.
You're welcome! I took 5 minutes to compose a lengthy answer to the original poster, describing all the different ways someone is counted or not counted in the episode rankings. I didn't expect the rude reply I got from that poster, but at least everyone else appreciates my efforts!! :hug:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 01:16 PM
gailwinters
Jul 30 2013, 05:35 AM
Jason47
Fantastic66
Jul 29 2013, 10:29 PM
I really don't consider seeing the kids on the Video an appearance.
Good thing you're not their agent, or then the Kunitz twins/Rose twins/Hartounian twins wouldn't have gotten paid for their "non" appearance!! :)

If the actor works in new material, it's an appearance.

Newly-created flashback? New appearance.

Getting killed in the previous episode and then appearing as just a dead body lying on the floor in the next episode? New appearance.

Hearing someone's voice only (in new material)? New appearance. (JJ's recent message to Theresa was NOT new though, since it was the exact message he placed to her in the previous episode, so that was a flashback).

Pre-taped/re-aired footage of someone lying in a hospital bed (for the Marlena/Belle pre-taped episodes from years ago)? NOT a new appearance. Listed as RBO (rollback only).

Having the first scene of an episode be an airing of the last scene from the previous episode, such as for a wedding cliffhanger? NOT a new appearance. That's also known as rollback (and would account for someone being seen just in the rollback scene, such as Father Matt, and then he's not in the rest of the episode)

Just some of the things taken into consideration when compiling my daily cast lists!! PHEW! :chee:
Thanks, Jason! You answered quite a few questions for me.
You're welcome! I took 5 minutes to compose a lengthy answer to the original poster, describing all the different ways someone is counted or not counted in the episode rankings. I didn't expect the rude reply I got from that poster, but at least everyone else appreciates my efforts!! :hug:
You're most appreciated, Jason47! Respected too. :)

Jason47
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 30 2013, 08:38 AM
Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 02:47 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 01:22 AM
Jason47

:lol: Corday Productions handles the
Actors contracts.Now the agent
only get paid when they find their
clients work.The agents do not pay
the clients.

Learn how show biz works.
No, my joke was that you were saying you didn't consider that an appearance for Johnny/Allie/Sydney, so if you were their agent, you would have misinformed them that it's not an appearance and that they shouldn't expect to be paid!

You seem to be a recently new poster here, so you may not know me, but I do know how show business works, as pretty much any of the other people here could vouch for. Don't forget to be respectful of everyone here, it's a nice message board to be a part of, with lots of exclusive scoops! :)
Jason...........may I shake your hand?
Sure!! :) :thankyou:

You have to deal with rude, insulting people this way. They feed off of getting people to fight with them. But, as most of you know me here, I don't go down that road. I treat rudeness with kindness.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 09:18 AM
Jason, where DO you get your knowledge/expertise on acting/theatre/soaps?!
I don't know. Just gain facts along the years. I never studied it in high school/college, but you just pick things up along the way in regards to how shows are taped, scripted, etc...

Jason47
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
to offend Jason.If Jason has a problem with it then why doesn't he have a talk with me?
Actually, she is one of the admins here. And like many of the admins here, is a friend of mine.

If you've yet to review the rules at DR, please do so now. http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/boardrules/

Please take note of the following ones:

"Daytime Royalty" welcomes all users to use and actively participate in the forums.

We encourage heated and healthy debates, but we reserve the right to remove posts that in our opinion are defamatory, bigoted, abusive or otherwise exist solely to insult or violate these rules.

The rules are as follows...

1.) Respect other members and the content of their posts.

2.) Do not bait other posters with the sole intent of causing trouble.

8.) Harassing members or staff of Daytime Royalty using the PM System will not be tolerated. Respecting other members and staff as mentioned in our #1 rule also applies to Private Messages.

If and when any of these rules are broken, Daytime Royalty staff will decide the course of action to take on a case-by-case basis, depending upon how severe the offense is.

The "laughing in my face" emoticon you used with me in your response (after I spent over 5 minutes creating a list of how appearances are counted) would be considered breaking rules 1, 2 and 8.

So, if you'd like to continue posting here, please review the rules at the link above.

concerned
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Jul 30 2013, 09:11 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 01:06 AM
badaddiction
Jul 29 2013, 11:20 PM
Fantastic66

Yes, what Justin did took nerve. He dared to look the man in his eyes and tell him exactly what would happen if he interfered with his child's freedom/safety, again. Unlike EJ, who hid behind an indirect threat when threatening Justin's wife who - by the way - was courageous when choosing not to inform her husband of said threat.

:angry: EJ isn't hiding behind an underlying threat.
EJ is use to being nice/Nasty.
I think its Justin that needs to also be afraid
and not of EJ.I cant wait to see Justin accept
EJs business offer.EJ didn't interfere with Sonny
freedom and safety.EJ told Chad to delete that
video.Chad accidentally emailed it to Sonny.Sonny
was told to delete the video and refused before emailing
it to that :flipoff: Bitch mother of his.If Sonny had of kept his.
Justin cant blame EJ for that.Who is going to blame
Justin,because he is doing the same thing by telling
Will Sonny to keep el mouth shutto!
Justin was right so in telling Sami/EJ not to put Sonny in the situation again he is his father and he would protect Sonny just like Sami would protect Will so I say bravo Justin for putting it out there and letting them know what the deal was.

Chad didn't accidentally send it to Sonny he sent it to Sonny to see and to show Will before he knew what was going on. Sonny accidentally sent it to Adrienne before he even saw the video and he didn't know his mom had it. Will was right she could have waited if she really wanted to talk to Sonny as badly as she said she would have waited. Sonny was right she wanted to do it, yes she wanted to protect Sonny but she wanted to get Sami too. Adrienne is not fooling anyone it goes back to her wanting Sonny away from Will and his family mainly Sami just like Justin said yesterday.

EJ better step back and not start a war with the K, Stef may side with them to get back at him so he needs to be careful. Loved Will and Sonny the way they care about eachother and still trying to protect eachother and the people around them.
Alternatively perhaps when your mum turns up telling you she needs to talk to you about something important you prioritise that over attending a catholic school opening where you are not one of the required participants.

I don't see the essential need for will and sonny to be there
It was hardly like they were going to cease the opening of the new school because sonny and will weren't there.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 09:22 AM
SoapGal1
Jul 30 2013, 08:44 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 01:22 AM
Jason47

:lol: Corday Productions handles the
Actors contracts.Now the agent
only get paid when they find their
clients work.The agents do not pay
the clients.

Learn how show biz works.
Maybe you should learn how this message board works.

Jason is one of the most knowledgable posters on here about "show biz".

He's been around a long time & most of us look to him for any info regarding the show.
I think we should follow Jason's example in our responses. As much as I'd like to defend as well.
I appreciate the sentiment, but sometimes you just got to be direct.

And I appreciate Jason's restraint.

I'm just not that nice.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jul 29 2013, 03:40 PM
Justin you are my everything. Telling Sonny forget that we are in a crowded square I'm going full throttle on you for withholding the truth, Awesome! Kudos for writing this father/son relationship complex and totally believable. Justin's mad, but he is not beyond reason. The Greek reference and threatening Ej was beyond superb! It clinched the top spot of the episode hands down.

Yes a Nick sighting! Blake Berris just sucked me in with his wounded performance. I found Maggie more tolerable trying to reach through to Nick, but I agree that Hope would have been a much more engaging person to have in these scenes instead. I think Nick and Hope could really carry some much needed weight to the material.

They sure messed up bringing in Cameron and not writing a proper story much earlier for Chad and Abby focusing on, as seen today, the natural chemistry they share.

Kate :shame: No to this version of her. NO

Rude much Marge? The dude was in a coma, he has no idea what the facts are and Hello?! did ya notice he's still recovering?

At least Rafe had sense enough to ask for Sami for her side and I did smirk at his 'hatred' of Maxine as she administered the sedative. I thought his confusion, compassion and frustration all played really well.

Wonderful Will telling Adrienne exactly how he felt with such focus. The heart and the head! Excellent!

I thought they could have come up with something better for the kids video message to Sami. It did make it seem like it was Mommy's choice being away. I also remember Rafe telling Sami the exact same thing about liking her focusing on being mad rather than sad to get through a bad situation. Repetitive stuff like that makes it hard for me to get past the Ej cloning Rafe version I keep seeing pop up.

Hope questioning Ej on Bernardi being dirty was good and I also liked her intuitive final scene (even with it feeling as a jumpy edit) foreshadowing Rafe being called upon to testify. I'm happy to see a smart on-the-ball Hope.

Speaking of foreshadowing . . . Kate. Obsession much?
I'm all for wicked Kate emerging and kicking this unappealing version of Kate to the curb.

Forgot to mention. I loved Ej's eyeroll! Perfect ^_^

I like Abby and Cameron.I like Kate and Rafe.I like the fact that Marge is fighting to protect her son.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 29 2013, 06:44 PM
AFaithL
Jul 29 2013, 06:22 PM
Matt
Jul 29 2013, 12:38 PM
Kate is acting like Rafe's own personal Florence Nightingale. Where's Sami's gun when I really need it?
:applause: :applause: :applause:

I cannot stand this version of Kate.Reunite her with Stephano. . The longer they act like Rafe and Kate are "true love" the more Kate is FF material for me. She needs to be a villainous, meddling mother again.
Reunite her with Stephano.
It would be interesting to have a Stephano/Kate/Rafe love triangle.
Do not re-unite Kate and Stefano.Stefano is a pig.An elegant pig but still a pig.No,No,No,and no to Kate and Stefano.I would rather she be alone than re-united with him.
I do not like weak woman and to have Kate return to Stefano after the way he treated her would be worse than seeing her with Rafe who actually cares about her as a person even if she is not the love of his life.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply