Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Judi Evans
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 09:44 AM (2,176 Views)
Ellie

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Days-Lives-Judi-Evans-1068375.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Love her, love her, love her, love her!!!! She's just the coolest person. Go Adrienne! ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I like this as justification for all of Adrienne's behavior. It makes so much freaking sense:

V Guide Magazine: To the point where Adrienne sent Sami to the slammer. Isn't that going a bit far? And now, because of that, she's got E.J. [James Scott] on her ass. Not good.
Evans: No! She's not going too far! [Laughs] Okay, maybe Adrienne is a little off her rocker with this, but she's blowing up a lot of people's lives for all the right reasons. There are always bullets flying left and right when Sami and E.J. are around and she doesn't want Sonny in the crossfire. Sonny's so young. In Adrienne's mind, he needs to take his time with love. There are a lot of other guys for him out there. But, if he sticks with Will, he may as well be married to the mob!

What mother in their right mind would be okay with having their son/daughter in that lifestyle....

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! That was a nice interview. Judi is one of the few people on this show I would love to have lunch with and enjoy some friendly conversation. She seems like such a wonderful person.

lachelle73

She can't choose who Sonny loves. Sonny is grown and she can give her opinion yes but it is his choice. And couldn't the same be said for her she is married to a Kirikias. So couldn't people say Will is married to mob being with Sonny who is a Kirikias also. Double standard I hope Sonny and Will prove them all wrong and be happy together for a long time. Adrienne needs to chill.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 29 2013, 09:56 AM
I like this as justification for all of Adrienne's behavior. It makes so much freaking sense:

V Guide Magazine: To the point where Adrienne sent Sami to the slammer. Isn't that going a bit far? And now, because of that, she's got E.J. [James Scott] on her ass. Not good.
Evans: No! She's not going too far! [Laughs] Okay, maybe Adrienne is a little off her rocker with this, but she's blowing up a lot of people's lives for all the right reasons. There are always bullets flying left and right when Sami and E.J. are around and she doesn't want Sonny in the crossfire. Sonny's so young. In Adrienne's mind, he needs to take his time with love. There are a lot of other guys for him out there. But, if he sticks with Will, he may as well be married to the mob!

What mother in their right mind would be okay with having their son/daughter in that lifestyle....
The same mother married to a mob family herself! I like using Adrienne as Will and Sonny's angst/conflict, but I need someone to remind Adrienne that she's a part of a danger family as well. Sure, the Kiriakises have tamed down quite a bit from the 80s, but Victor still has an edge to him that comes out every now and then. Someone like Kayla, who has experienced the Kiriakis danger, needs to be the one to remind Adrienne.

Harmony233

shouldn't Adrienne hate the Dimerias for what they did to her brother?

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Harmony233
Jul 29 2013, 12:01 PM
Yes.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel like she takes things seriously and doesn't take them seriously, if that makes any sense. Like she'll have some background for the character but not be too worried that the whole thing is "out of left field." Kinda awesome, imho.

I wanna hang out with her, grab a drink or two.
Edited by px780, Jul 29 2013, 12:14 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Judi has more supporters with this storyline than she thinks :)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2013, 11:36 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 29 2013, 09:56 AM

The same mother married to a mob family herself! I like using Adrienne as Will and Sonny's angst/conflict, but I need someone to remind Adrienne that she's a part of a danger family as well. Sure, the Kiriakises have tamed down quite a bit from the 80s, but Victor still has an edge to him that comes out every now and then. Someone like Kayla, who has experienced the Kiriakis danger, needs to be the one to remind Adrienne.
Yes, no doubt, but that is a good a reason as any to try to keep your own son away from another mob family, no?

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Jul 29 2013, 10:20 AM
She can't choose who Sonny loves. Sonny is grown and she can give her opinion yes but it is his choice. And couldn't the same be said for her she is married to a Kirikias. So couldn't people say Will is married to mob being with Sonny who is a Kirikias also. Double standard I hope Sonny and Will prove them all wrong and be happy together for a long time. Adrienne needs to chill.
You know what?? I am so SICK of hearing that. Yes, she married a Kiriakis, but let's be real here.
Stefano makes Victor look like Papa Smurf.

jb1183

Team Adrienne! Judi is absolutely knocking this material out of the park, to such an extent that I have more sympathy for Adrienne than any other character in this story.

am103
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Yes, and I wish the show would address that kind of stuff. It seems like everyone has just glossed over everything EJ did in the 2006-2007 era. Torturing Steve, killing Eve Michaels, switching Belle and Mimi's petri dishes, shooting John... I feel like this stuff doesn't get addressed ENOUGH. Hope and Roman and the rest of the Brady gang should absolutely NOT be being civil to EJ. Like ever.

Loved this interview though. Hoping to see lots more story coming for Justin and Adrienne! And with Kim (and possibly Shane) returning, we may finally (FINALLY!) be getting one or two supercouples back in Salem with story!

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I'm Team Adrienne all the way. :cheer:

Great interview with Judi, TFP :)

ShaneDOOLFan

I totally understand Adrienne's point of view and if the writers are smart this will eventually lead to the exit of Will/Chandler and break-up of Sonny and Will (I know it sucks, but Id rather they keep Sonny on then have them both leave).

I am so glad they are giving Judi Evans and Wally Kurth great material to work with. It has been a long time coming and they are both giving this storyline LIFE in my opinion. I look forward to every scene of hers.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Brothers they mess with jack around 2003-2005

KMan101
Member Avatar

Someone should send Judi the link to DR. She has many fans here and no one really hating on Adrienne. It is interesting that she at least reads some.

Great interview. Has DR done an interview with her?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I think she's one of the bright spots of Days right now. Great interview, terrific actress!

badaddiction
Member Avatar

She sounds so down to earth. She's the first Days performer that I'd actually like to meet and hang out with. Love the answer about getting a job in the real world, and that said job makes her appreciate that real world.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply