Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's a Wrap for Kelly Sullivan at General Hospital
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 03:52 PM (1,222 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

It's a wrap for Kelly Sullivan at General Hospital
by Dan J Kroll
Posted Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:05:56 AM

Posted Image

Kelly Sullivan has finished taping her final scenes at ABC's General Hospital. The actress, who joined the show in 2011, revealed last month that her contract had not been renewed.
Kelly Sullivan (Connie Falconeri) has taped her final scenes at General Hospital. Last month, the actress confirmed that her contract with the ABC soap had not been renewed.

"My last day. It's gonna be a good one," Sullivan shared on Twitter on Friday, July 26.

In an interview with Soap Opera Digest, GH's head writer Ron Carlivati revealed that it was not an easy decision to write Sullivan and her alter ego off the canvas.

"This is a very, very talented actress and it was an agonizing decision for ABC and for Frank [Valentini, GH's executive producer] and for me," Carlivati confessed.

In June, Sullivan said she had "no ill feelings towards any of the staff or crew" at GH over the decision to have her exit the show. Shortly thereafter, Sullivan's co-stars also took to social media to share their thoughts on the news. To read some of those messages, please click here.

Sullivan assumed the role of Kate Howard, and later her alter Connie Falconeri, in September 2011. The role marked Sullivan's first contract role in daytime. The actress has previously appeared as a day player on As the World Turns and One Life to Live.

After finishing her final scenes, Sullivan returned to Twitter with one final message, "Aaaaand that's a wrap!!"

A final airdate has yet to be announced.

Soap Central
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 29 2013, 03:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Agent.99
Member Avatar

It was time. I didn't dislike her the way I did when she first came, but Connie's character is really not needed anymore.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I will miss her.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

If this was a few months ago I would be ecstatic. Now I'm "meh" cause I feel there are 3 others that should get the boot.jmo

LPS
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Jul 29 2013, 05:36 PM
If this was a few months ago I would be ecstatic. Now I'm "meh" cause I feel there are 3 others that should get the boot.jmo
Totally agree, however, I'm still glad she is going. However, I would have written off Kiki, Silas, Ava, and Franco first.

IMO, Sullivan overacted.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

One of the worst actresses and characters ever. Good riddance.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply