Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford (ex-Phyllis, Y&R) Exit Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM (3,609 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

Queen B
Jun 16 2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry but that would be the dumbest thing for JG to do, ever. Lets not forget that MAB is no longer at the helm so this type of wacky shit that makes no sense probably won't happen. Phyllis has been written in character these past few years so for them to do that just wouldn't make sense and wouldn't be right
Granted Phyllis may have been written in character all of this time, but her actions also wouldn't totally be out of character for Sheila Carter either. The Sheila that's written in character, and not the terrorist cartoon she became in the 00s, defined her happiness through marriage and family but always sabotaged it trying to force what didn't need to be forced. If she had the chance to be Phyllis she would cling to Nick, Summer and Daniel for dear life.

Nelson's also known for talking out his ass, so ....
Edited by Drew, Jun 18 2013, 07:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

It could even be explained that her hostility toward Daisy and Ryder was to solidify her relationship with Daniel and Summer and cling to that "happiness". There's instant love and affection from those two, and baggage and resentment from the twins.

Daisy and Ryder can go the way of Cassie and Rex as far as I'm concerned, reaborted retcons.

Drew
Member Avatar

Shick
Jun 16 2013, 04:24 PM
It's okay to wish a character dead. It's about separating real from reel. It's a character, not an actor :shame:
It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Death is a vital ingredient in drama, and something the US soaps have been lacking for a long time. We used to get all these great poignant deaths of leading characters that were remembered for years and now the attention span of a soap writer is so short that characters are thrown away at the end of a contract cycle like I drown Sims in the pool that I'm bored with.
Edited by Drew, Jun 18 2013, 07:27 PM.

soapflake02

celine12
Jun 18 2013, 06:53 PM
HotPepper
Jun 16 2013, 07:35 PM
celine12
Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM
After reading Nelson Branco's spoiler about a HUGE (bad) twist coming on a soap. I think I know what it is. Lauren killed the real Phyllis years ago. Shelia Carter has been living a pretty darn good life pretending to be Phyllis all these years. I think Shelia will become very sick (cancer?) and will decide to tell the truth (even on her deathbed, Shelia would brag about fooling everyone). That would also explain the rather unfriendly tweeting between Kimberlin Brown and Nelson Branco last week.

I know it's wild, but hey, stranger things have happened on soaps!
I don't believe not even half of what Nelson Branco has to say. He is a wanna be soap columnist and is hardly ever right. He claims to know so much but most of the time it is just things he wants to happen and not even things that might happen.
This is true. But in this case he is at least half right. Hunter King (Summer) said there will be many twist and turns in this paternity story. There is no way Phyllis would willingly leave Summer NOW. Even is something bad happened with Daniel or Lucy, she would leave take care of them and come right back. I really believe Phyllis is going to be killed off.
you think so? Well let's hope the paternity is out by the time she leaves because if not then summer will never know because the way it looks now Nick won't tell on his own. If anything even if Phyllis were to leave town she would take Summer with her but there's nothing about Summer leaving so it's gotta be something bigger.
Edited by soapflake02, Jun 18 2013, 08:42 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Sorry guys but rumour has it, Phyllis is gonna die.

Daniel will also be returning for 4 episodes which will definitely tie into Phyllis' exit(death) :)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yeah, we know she's going to die. Can't recast and compare to MS and Jill can't stand competition in the men's attention category.

LPS
Member Avatar

Queen B
Jun 19 2013, 07:18 PM

Daniel will also be returning for 4 episodes which will definitely tie into Phyllis' exit(death) :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

where did you read this?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Jun 19 2013, 10:02 PM
Queen B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

where did you read this?
wow, I can't believe they're going to kill off the character, I thought sure they'd recast in a few months.
Sure hope she tells Jack about summer, because if she dies before he finds out, chicken shit nick will never spill the beans.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

But the mouth of Genoa City suspects, therefore, EVERYONE in GC will know. Someone will find the report that Nick bunched up and tossed in a 2 year olds temper tantrum.
Maybe the town tramp and the town 2 year old should get together. Hopefully they won't spawn.

Manny
Member Avatar

I'm shocked that they would kill Phyllis off. But with how everyone's coming back from the dead these days on soaps, does it even matter? It's sad that death has become so marginal, because you know that no matter how a character dies, they can bring that person back in some stupid storyline in the future.

metitle
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo

wow, I can't believe they're going to kill off the character, I thought sure they'd recast in a few months.
I dont believe it, but if it does happen - she can always come back from the dead. Victor has done it several times.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Jun 20 2013, 07:40 AM
Sammie Jo

I dont believe it, but if it does happen - she can always come back from the dead. Victor has done it several times.
and john and cassie keep visiting! :shame:
I wonder if it will be an accident or a murder, I pick christeeeeeeeeeeeen to be the murderer. :applause: lol

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

celine12
Jun 18 2013, 06:43 PM
Sammie Jo
Jun 18 2013, 12:10 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 17 2013, 09:39 PM
In speculation, Phyllis really being Sheila all these years sounds deliciously soapy. I'm just not sure I would want to see it actually executed though. I think they can come up with a better exit for Phyllis. I'm not sure if I want her to be dead or not. Would Phyllis really leave town right after such an upheaval with her family? And I'm not sure I want her to die either. Death would make more sense for Phyllis to no longer be on the show though. Like I said, I can't see Phyllis ever leaving Summer. I don't care how old she is. Especially now. I wouldn't mind Griffith going the cliche soap route and have Phyllis "die." While the characters in Genoa City mourn, the audience knows she's alive. Perhaps she has amnesia and Stafford's last scene is her approaching someone, unsure who she is. That way, Phyllis fans (and there are many despite the hate she receives here) will know there's always a chance for her to come back when Stafford is ready to return.

Hell no to a recast! I never accepted Sandra Nelson as Phyllis. The years she played the role mean nothing to me.
I think Daniel will call with some crisis and she'll leave to go be with Daniel. She'll stay away long enough to find a good recast. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if she took summer with her, but, Jack probably won't let that happen.
I wish they had cast the actress who is going to play Rose in Phyliss's part, she looks like she could pull it off with no problem.
According to a CBS executive who was asked about that at the Emmys, there will be no recast of Phyllis.
....For now

My guess is Phyllis wakes up form a coma in 6 months with a new face/actress...

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'd be shocked if the rumors were true Phyllis is gonna be killed off. I hoped she would finally go to prison for trying to kill Chris & Paul years ago.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Queen B

Never thought they'd kill her off.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

She disappears, meets up with Dru, become the best of friends and come back and haunt their enemies.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I saw on cover on soap mag Phyllis leave town

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't JFP at the helm of GL when they killed off Maureen and wasn't she the one at AW when they killed off Frankie Frame? Seems like she has no problem killing off popular leading ladies. It wouldn't surprise me if she killed off Phyllis too.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Crazygirl
Jun 20 2013, 08:09 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't JFP at the helm of GL when they killed off Maureen and wasn't she the one at AW when they killed off Frankie Frame? Seems like she has no problem killing off popular leading ladies. It wouldn't surprise me if she killed off Phyllis too.
You are correct on that one.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Like I said, JFP doesn't like competition and beautiful talented women scare her and she has to get them out. She leaves the homely, plain, ho hum on because they aren't a threat.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply