Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford (ex-Phyllis, Y&R) Exit Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM (3,867 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I wouldn't put Michelle Stafford in the top 5 list of beautiful woman on Y&R... she's lucky to reach top 10 to be honest. So I doubt it's jealousy based on appearance o_O
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

That's ok Shick, you don't have to put MS in the top anything. I wasn't ranking her.I was saying that it appears that Jill get's rid of popular beautiful women as stated by someone else. Besides when Michelle leaves sure I will miss her but my #1 is Chelsea and that's what matters. She isn't going anywhere but up.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Posted Image

There is that. I don't think they will recast either.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Glad she isn't being killed off like so many have said. That leaves the door open for her to pop in and see Summer. Wouldn't be the first time an actress or actor did that. Look at Father Todd, or Katherine's oldest son...

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Michelle Stafford finishes last day at Y&R
by Lynda Hirsch
Posted Thursday, June 20, 2013 2:14:21 AM 1:49:36 PM
Posted Image

Two-time Emmy winner Michelle Stafford has finished her last day at The Young and the Restless. Stafford joined the CBS soap in 1994. Earlier this spring, she revealed that she'd be leaving to pursue other opportunities.
It's officially a wrap for Michelle Stafford's (Phyllis Summers), who earlier today ended a 15-year run as Phyllis Summers on CBS's The Young and the Restless.

"Today i finish my 15 year gig at my job... Wow!! I'm excited and sad. I so LOVE the people I work with! I suppose if I was a person who didnít believe in future I would think that this was it for me... but i donít feel that way. There is SOOOO much out there. I am very excited to live a new life," Stafford wrote. "I am so grateful that these guys employed me for so many years. Honored and humbled that Bill Bell hand picked me to play this crazy, funny, damaged woman by saying in the meeting, 'I want the one in the red dress.' I suppose i should thank Calvin Klein as well. It's been a wild ride that has finally come to a stop. I feel nothing but love man. Nothing but love..."

In May, Stafford shocked the daytime community by confirming a rumor that she was, in fact, exiting Y&R. A short time before the announcement, Stafford chatted with soapcentral.com contributor Lynda Hirsch, and the actress gave no indication that she would be stepping away from the CBS soap.

Michelle Stafford joined Y&R in 1994, but exited the show three years later. Y&R recast the role briefly, with actress Sandra Nelson stepping into the role until 1998. Stafford returned in July 2000 and has been with the show ever since -- and she even had the opportunity to play a second role, Sheila Carter, for several months.

"[Michelle Stafford] has been a huge part of the Y&R family," CBS Daytime vice president Angelica McDaniel said on Twitter. "Respect her decision to move on, but will miss her. Wish her the very best always."

A final airdate has yet to be announced, though the actress' final scenes are expected to air in late July.

Soap Central
Edited by bellajewel, Jun 21 2013, 01:31 PM.

soapflake02

We don't know if she's being killed off or not. They may recast her but it will not be right away.. She's made it clear she won't be back so maybe she will be killed off. Nobody knows.
Edited by soapflake02, Jun 21 2013, 05:00 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Lord, how I wish she would take Steve Burton with her.

That exit alone would make this show 500x more enjoyable!

metitle
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Jun 21 2013, 05:00 PM
We don't know if she's being killed off or not. They may recast her but it will not be right away.. She's made it clear she won't be back so maybe she will be killed off. Nobody knows.
So true.
How many has characters get killed off and only to return later.
Hello, just recently they did that with Cane, Phillip, Victor etc.
So yes, characters are not killed off permanently.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Another legend leaves. Before anyone spazzes out, I mean to say another long acting actress leaves the show. Good luck Michelle and I see you doing great things in the future.
You will be missed by many!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Jun 21 2013, 06:38 PM
soapflake02
Jun 21 2013, 05:00 PM
So true.
How many has characters get killed off and only to return later.
Hello, just recently they did that with Cane, Phillip, Victor etc.
So yes, characters are not killed off permanently.

victor wasn't really killed off, they just thought he was.............about 15 times. lmao

metitle
Member Avatar

Victor's death or missing is always the fall back idea when Mr. Breaden takes his vacation. We will see what JFP does when he takes his next vacation. Maybe they will use the second fall back plan - that is Victor in a coma.

soapflake02

I read that SOD article with MS on the cover, it was nothing. It was more about the trip to chicago with Kyle.

Nicole Walker

I'm going to miss her! Phyllis fan forever!

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Me too, I like women with spunk and fire.
Not ones that whine, cry and want stranger sex.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I wish her the best and hope she returns one day! Otherwise, I really hope to see MS on primetime. I think she has the talent for it!

DDiva
Member Avatar

Let me guess... while "pretending" to seduce Kyle, Phyllis actually sleeps with him devastating both Jack and Summer and driving her out of town.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Jun 21 2013, 11:51 PM
Victor's death or missing is always the fall back idea when Mr. Breaden takes his vacation. We will see what JFP does when he takes his next vacation. Maybe they will use the second fall back plan - that is Victor in a coma.
I'm hoping the honeymoon is his vacation time, I can't deal with another missing/amnesia/finding myself story.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think something happens with Daniel and that is why she leaves and bids the CBS Studio adios and the :flipoff:

Queen B
Member Avatar

Phyllis should die a slow, painful and brutal death. It would be the best thing for Y&R and the character at this point!

soapflake02

The magazines for this week says there is talk of MS going to GH according to twitter spoilers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply