Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford (ex-Phyllis, Y&R) Exit Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 16 2013, 02:23 PM (4,084 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Jul 21 2013, 10:05 PM
Sammie Jo
Jul 21 2013, 06:59 PM
LPS
Jul 21 2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:

There will never be another Phick

I thought Chelsea was going to fill that role? :P
how, she's not dating Nick.
You don't remember hearing how "Chelsea will be the new star of YR"?
yes I do, but somebody said, "there will never be another phick" and then you said "I thought Chelsea was going to fill that role?"

I'm saying how is Chelsea going to fill the phick role if she's not dating nick, you don't have to be with nick to be a star, if you do, then I guess avery is the star now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

celine12

Shick
Jul 21 2013, 03:23 PM
The hate on Phyllis is okay. She's a nasty bitch of a character, it's not crazy that many people don't like her. And Phick is hated too, and that's alright. She looks way older than him, and he turned her into a stepford wife type character. Ruined both of them in a lot of people's opinions.
Forget the bus, Sharon is about to get thrown under a 747 during take off. I thought MAB had contempt for Sharon but her contempt pales in comparison to JFP. SC you might think about sending out feelers to B&B and Days!

I just love how the Shick fans demanded Summer's paternity SL be revisited. lol!!
Edited by celine12, Jul 22 2013, 12:59 AM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

celine12
Jul 22 2013, 12:57 AM
Shick
The hate on Phyllis is okay. She's a nasty bitch of a character, it's not crazy that many people don't like her. And Phick is hated too, and that's alright. She looks way older than him, and he turned her into a stepford wife type character. Ruined both of them in a lot of people's opinions.
Forget the bus, Sharon is about to get thrown under a 747 during take off. I thought MAB had contempt for Sharon but her contempt pales in comparison to JFP. SC you might think about sending out feelers to B&B and Days!

I just love how the Shick fans demanded Summer's paternity SL be revisited. lol!!
Laughing at the Shick fans over this paternity SL makes no sense. It ruined everyone! Not just Shick (who aren't a couple anyways), but we also lost MS in the process so there goes Phick too. We also had Nick looking like a tool (not much of a loss there honestly) and we had Phyllis kissing Kyle, Kyle wanting her. Should I go on? This SL was a bust for everyone involved. An absolute waste of time and I'm hoping this had nothing to do with Michelle actually wanting to leave, that would just be terrible IMO. Whether I love Phyllis or not I know Y&R can't lose an actress of her caliber and the character without taking a huge hit.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I just read in DC that Y&R and B&B had a big boom in ratings and watching. Well, lets see how the ratings really are when MS is gone for a while.
Many will say that it won't change, or if it does it will get better cuz "she was hated."
Sharon might as well pack her ditty bag too. She isn't as popular as MTS and JW.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Jul 22 2013, 12:53 PM
celine12
Shick

Laughing at the Shick fans over this paternity SL makes no sense. It ruined everyone! Not just Shick (who aren't a couple anyways), but we also lost MS in the process so there goes Phick too. We also had Nick looking like a tool (not much of a loss there honestly) and we had Phyllis kissing Kyle, Kyle wanting her. Should I go on? This SL was a bust for everyone involved. An absolute waste of time and I'm hoping this had nothing to do with Michelle actually wanting to leave, that would just be terrible IMO. Whether I love Phyllis or not I know Y&R can't lose an actress of her caliber and the character without taking a huge hit.
I'd love to know whether the SL drove MS out or if they built the SL around her leaving.
I hope phyliss leaves her dumpster behind, pretty sure the "demented bitch" will need a place to hide from everyone when the Posted Image hits.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Quote:

I'd love to know whether the SL drove MS out or if they built the SL around her leaving.
I hope phyliss leaves her dumpster behind, pretty sure the "demented bitch" will need a place to hide from everyone when the Posted Image hits

:hail: :cheer: :popcorn: :cheers:

All hail Sammie! All Hail Sammie!

:laugh:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

MCE will take MS' spot beautifully though right? I mean she is WAY younger than her and has more fans I believe, at least that's what I heard from some fans.. YAY for Chelsea! :D

Shick
Member Avatar

celine12
Shick

I'm glad we demanded it. Phyllis is finally cast off in a coma, to be silenced forever LOL. Although they could've killed her off in many different ways.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Little Miss Psychotic Sunshine isn't too far behind Phyllis.
Getting a little long in the tooth. As for Chelsea, she isn't taking Phyllis's "spot", but I do think she will have better and more important parts.
MCE is 31, EH is 34, JC is 37.But of course, age doesn't matter.

metitle
Member Avatar

This is ridiculous, soap stars leave their jobs and move onto other jobs and yet the soaps continue. For example, when Shemar Moore left, plenty folks were saying well the show is going to take a big hit. Well Y&R is still on. The same goes for all the other actors/actresses who have come and gone. The show will continue until CBS/Sony decides they no longer want to run it because it is not feasible anymore.

If Ms. Stafford is leaving to pursue other projects, I am certainly glad for her and wish her well. When she came to Y&R, she was received in the same way as all other newbies, which was half the viewers viewed her with contempt, a quarter of the viewers were curious and another quarter were excited because she was there to throw a wrench in Cricket's and Danny's relationship. Ms. Stafford eventually worked her way to the point where she has a regular fan base.

Both Ms. Case and Stafford have joined the show in 1994 and they both managed to build up a fan base. Both women's characters have been Wife more than once, sluts, villains etc. It is a soap opera and it is expected that every character will have a storyline to reflect wife, slut, villain etc. So let's just let it go that Sharon is today's crazy slut etc. Once upon a time Phyllis had all those labels.

As for soap ratings, I don't believe it's one variable (soap stars leaving) cause the decline in ratings. Other variables cause ratings to decline such as:
Variable 1: Viewers lifestyle change and they can no longer watch soaps, unless its DVR or online.
Variable 2: More people are back at work and therefore no time to watch.
Variable 3: More TV programs are available and therefore people switch to watch something else.
Etc.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

So let's just let it go that Sharon is today's crazy slut etc. Once upon a time Phyllis had all those labels.

But it's out of character for Sharon, Phyliss had the villain label from day one, and then bounced around from villain to good mom, to home wrecker, to whatever, she always walked on the wild side.
Sharon didn't, although I always felt she had an agenda, but being a "demented bitch" never crossed my mind.

Shick
Member Avatar

metitle
Jul 22 2013, 08:45 PM
It is a soap opera and it is expected that every character will have a storyline to reflect wife, slut, villain etc. So let's just let it go that Sharon is today's crazy slut etc. Once upon a time Phyllis had all those labels.
Couldn't agreed more! And it doesn't matter if Sharon was the "good girl" all these years, characters go through shit and do shit and eventually get redeemed if they are decent people deep down inside. And I believe that Sharon is a good character at the core of it.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

^^In this storyline, the things that Sharon has done and the length that she has gone through does not make her a good girl. As a Sharon fan I can admit this. I don't what tptb will do to try to redeem Sharon, but what she did and the lives she destroy to get her happily ever after with Nick is just extreme. Not only is she is hurting herself, she is hurting others who have never done anything to her, such as Faith, Noah, Kyle, and Summer.

arespiratory
Member Avatar

I hope Phyllis is written out in a way that allows her to return later if she wants to. Y&R WOn't be the same without her. :-/

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

But that doesn't matter! If they don't catch her real soon, the next victim will be Avery. All women she see's as a threat.
The look on her face when Nick and Avery were kissing in the stairwell...

amethyst

I looked on IMDB and Jessica Collins is 42, not 37.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

:offs: You are right, I'm sorry for the error. :facepalm:

Nate
Member Avatar

Now I know why everyone calls the Y&R forums "rough" :shame:

Never seen such a hatred for an actress and character... Guess I'm the only Shick fan who also loves Phyllis...

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Hate is such a rough word. We intensely dislike her behavior and the lengths the character will go to get her way.
The actress isn't being mentioned, just the character.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

God, hasn't she left yet?!

I can't believe this argument is still going on.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply