Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, July 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:29 AM (9,108 Views)
Mirage75
Member Avatar

Oh Justin Kiriakis- I just simply love you. Wally continues to rock this story. Love seeing Justin in lawyer mode and being snarky to pinhead EJ. Love it. Justin rocks! More please.

I love seeing Kayla and Abe more involved in this case too.

I could careless about Sami and EJ, but this story has been awesome with the involvement of Justin, Adrienne, Kayla and Abe- they are the ones that is making this story interesting and worth watching. I love it. I want more of these four awesome vets!

I so wanted that long over due Justin/Kayla scene. :( I miss seeing Wally and Mary Beth together. Need those scenes.

I need to for Justin to crush that prosecutor to little pieces. She is way over doing it. WOW. Get her, Justin!!!

Don't care about Rafe, Kate, Chad, Abby, and Stefano. Not interested at all.

Another good show minus a few things I could careless about lol.

The Culltions are on a roll! More please.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 10:17 PM
trojangal
Jul 30 2013, 09:05 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 07:13 PM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:36 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Some of us hate her because she's always being shoved down our throats by being on all the time and chewing up airtime. We see more miniscule aspects of Sami's life than any other character's (& that includes Fetch). it's not about Sami always getting a "free pass" for her crimes. Hell, pretty much everyone in Salem who's committed a crime has gotten at least somewhat of a free pass at one point or another. At this moment, it's the fact that we have this whole scenario of Sami shooting & killing Bernardi that's now gonna be modified into "yes Sami shot him, but she's not the one that killed him" just so that TomSell don't end up in a situation where Sami's going to prison for 25 years and now what do they do since they can't not have Sami ever-present on the show (this from KC's most recent interview). Most of us that dislike Sami at certain times would like to see the character rested for a while so that other characters can lead for a while, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards, which gets a little annoying because it takes away from all the other actors and results in the under-utilization of beloved characters, such as Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kayla, Abe, etc.
not everyone that hates Sami hates her for the same reasons, and some only hate her for certain things. it all comes down to personal preference. and on this board, everyone's allowed to like who they like and hate who they hate, and no one should feel like they can't state that they like someone or that they don't like someone.
I don't think the writers are just now modifying the "killing" of Bernardi & Sami's role in it. If I remember correctly in
the hospital scenes when Bernardi survived surgery the doctors believed he was going to survive.
I actually find this twist interesting, we now have a possible rogue doctor or one of Stepahno's henchmen
getting to Bernardi in the hospital . Plus we get to see Abe & Kayla looking into this new development

The lead Female/male Actors are featured in
more s/l.They can have more airtime sometimes.
The other actors around them are supporting Actors.
Thanks for the comments.
i must disagree with you once again. Deidre & Kristian are not, nor have they ever been, supporting. If/when they have submitted material for the Emmys, they have always submitted for Lead Actress. Most people would also agree that Ari Zucker should have submitted for Lead Actress for one of the last few years because her material was that strong.
There's a difference between being leads in stories, and having the writers center the entire show around a handful of characters. There used to be lead characters and supporting characters within each storyline. now it seems as though there are 4 lead characters (2 of them more "lead" than the other 2) and every other character, regardless of whether they have their own storyline or not, is just filling airtime because those 4 characters can't fill every minute of airtime.
Ultimately, regardless of whether characters/actors are considered lead or supporting, they all get rested so that other characters get the opportunity to be featured more. Unfortunately, neither Alison nor James have been rested in the 20 years & 7 years, respectively, that they have been on the show. They've always had a story and they've always been inserted into other people's stories, and that is unfair to all the other actors - some of which have been on the show a hell of a lot longer than Alison. And now with this new interview from Ken stating that TPTB do their best to jump through hoops to ensure that Sami is never missing from view is more evidence that says that TPTB are putting all their eggs in one basket and making it like the show would just wither and die if Sami or EJ were to ever be off-screen, even for a few weeks. The show survived for almost 30 years before Alison joined the show and about 40 years before James was added to the cast. It would surely survive even a brief intermission from Sami and EJ's constant presence. and THAT is my main point.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Well, not in looks...in attitude, LOL!
No, I didn't mean you meant they looked the same...I was just providing pics for those who might not know Leslie back from the 80s.

Jason47
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jason, sometimes it's scary how quickly you come up with stuff!
:chee:

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

trojangal
Supergirlx2
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:36 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 12:10 PM
i just can't with the direction the Kayla/Abe investigation is going. why can't we just leave it at Sami shooting Bernardi and him dying of the gunshot wound? do we really have to make it such that, while Sami shot him, it's not the bullet that killed him? there's no way all this manipulation would be in the story if it weren't poor innocent "i can't handle jail" Sami. RME!
I bet Bernardi medical records disappear.
That would provide me with even more Honey
from the :shrug: Sami Bee.I am sure I am not the only one :cheer: dipping
from the pot of Sami Bee Honey.I don't hate Sami,I would like
to know why some do hate her?Ah let me guess maybe Sami
haters are getting tired of her getting a free pass.Add to the list
of reasons.
Some of us hate her because she's always being shoved down our throats by being on all the time and chewing up airtime. We see more miniscule aspects of Sami's life than any other character's (& that includes Fetch). it's not about Sami always getting a "free pass" for her crimes. Hell, pretty much everyone in Salem who's committed a crime has gotten at least somewhat of a free pass at one point or another. At this moment, it's the fact that we have this whole scenario of Sami shooting & killing Bernardi that's now gonna be modified into "yes Sami shot him, but she's not the one that killed him" just so that TomSell don't end up in a situation where Sami's going to prison for 25 years and now what do they do since they can't not have Sami ever-present on the show (this from KC's most recent interview). Most of us that dislike Sami at certain times would like to see the character rested for a while so that other characters can lead for a while, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards, which gets a little annoying because it takes away from all the other actors and results in the under-utilization of beloved characters, such as Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kayla, Abe, etc.
not everyone that hates Sami hates her for the same reasons, and some only hate her for certain things. it all comes down to personal preference. and on this board, everyone's allowed to like who they like and hate who they hate, and no one should feel like they can't state that they like someone or that they don't like someone.
I don't think the writers are just now modifying the "killing" of Bernardi & Sami's role in it. If I remember correctly in
the hospital scenes when Bernardi survived surgery the doctors believed he was going to survive.
I actually find this twist interesting, we now have a possible rogue doctor or one of Stepahno's henchmen
getting to Bernardi in the hospital . Plus we get to see Abe & Kayla looking into this new development

Please keep comments on the line of
Sami Brady character.Lets talk about some of
the things that make you like or dislike Sami.
I am reading lot of comments that dont pertain
to the actual happenings in the s/l.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 31 2013, 12:09 AM.

Ellie

Fantastic66
Jul 31 2013, 12:03 AM
Please keep comments on the line of
Sami Brady character.Lets talk about some of
the things that make you like or dislike Sami.
I am reading lot of comments that dont pertain
to the actual happenings in the s/l.
Perhaps the comments you're reading are about today's show, which is the topic of this thread.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Great show today. The courtroom stuff was tons of fun. I love how they are milking all the little beats along the way for all they're worth. And I love how they used history with Ejami's little jaunt from last year biting them in the ass. Oh, AS was great in today's scenes. And JS needs to start handing back scripts that require EJ to express outrage.

Always great to see MBE - this really is turning into such an umbrella story. I was surprised by the little twist of what she discovered. I assumed I knew where this story is heading and it looks like I might be wrong. Yay for that, as I like it when the show actually surprises me.

Eric-Sami moments were awesome. I continue to love their sibling chemistry. And Eric continues to be goodness personified, but in such a REAL and GENUINE way, not in a surface way like so many other "good" people in Salem. I love him.

Stefano scenes with Kate and Chad were good. But I'm kinda bored with Stefano just randomly popping up in Salem laughing with his girlfriend. Either stay in Italy or do something evil, Steffy.

The only weak link was the Abby/Gabi scenes. Gabi was back to annoying me today. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like her much outside of her interactions with Rafe, Nick, Will and Sonny. I especially find her grating in "girlfriend" moments.

Ellie

tomsawyer
Jul 31 2013, 12:14 AM
And Eric continues to be goodness personified, but in such a REAL and GENUINE way, not in a surface way like so many other "good" people in Salem. I love him.
I haven't watched today's show yet, but I completely agree with this sentence. He's not a token 'good guy' - he just seems good to the core. They're writing the character very, very well, and you can't help but root for him.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 12:24 PM
Awwww....I love the sibling scenes between Eric and Sami. Also, it's time to reunite Stefano and Kate.
Stefano is treating Kate like crap.Now is not the time to reunite them.If she took him back after their last break up and that BS he is doing today,I will never respect Kate again.
Edited by BeeBee, Jul 31 2013, 01:13 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jul 31 2013, 01:12 AM
AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 12:24 PM
Awwww....I love the sibling scenes between Eric and Sami. Also, it's time to reunite Stefano and Kate.
Stefano is treating Kate like crap.Now is not the time to reunite them.If she took him back after their last break up and that BS he is doing today,I will never respect Kate again.
I liked Kate/Stefeno together.
They made a good pairing considering
that Stefeno use to be her pimp and
he :chee: blackmailed her into marriage.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jb1183
Jul 30 2013, 12:47 PM
I want Kate back with Stefano.

It's been embarrassing watching her sitting at Rafe's bedside the past couple of months like their casual fling was some great love story.
Stefano has been treating Kate like dirt since she had sex with Ian while they were married.Stefano ordered a special dinner for him and Kate,spit in the food,threw her clothes out of the mansion,he is flaunting Cecily in Kate's face,and taunting Kate by saying she is alone.He is behaving like a pig.This is Sftefano being Stefano but if Kate takes Stefano back after this,she is no longer Kate,she has lost all self respect.Rafe treats her with respect and cares about her.Why on earth would Kate turn her back on Rafe to go back to Stefano? It would be more embarassing to watch Kate accept Stefano's treatment in order to be with him.
Edited by BeeBee, Jul 31 2013, 01:26 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 10:37 PM
Fantastic66
trojangal
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

The lead Female/male Actors are featured in
more s/l.They can have more airtime sometimes.
The other actors around them are supporting Actors.
Thanks for the comments.
i must disagree with you once again. Deidre & Kristian are not, nor have they ever been, supporting. If/when they have submitted material for the Emmys, they have always submitted for Lead Actress. Most people would also agree that Ari Zucker should have submitted for Lead Actress for one of the last few years because her material was that strong.
There's a difference between being leads in stories, and having the writers center the entire show around a handful of characters. There used to be lead characters and supporting characters within each storyline. now it seems as though there are 4 lead characters (2 of them more "lead" than the other 2) and every other character, regardless of whether they have their own storyline or not, is just filling airtime because those 4 characters can't fill every minute of airtime.
Ultimately, regardless of whether characters/actors are considered lead or supporting, they all get rested so that other characters get the opportunity to be featured more. Unfortunately, neither Alison nor James have been rested in the 20 years & 7 years, respectively, that they have been on the show. They've always had a story and they've always been inserted into other people's stories, and that is unfair to all the other actors - some of which have been on the show a hell of a lot longer than Alison. And now with this new interview from Ken stating that TPTB do their best to jump through hoops to ensure that Sami is never missing from view is more evidence that says that TPTB are putting all their eggs in one basket and making it like the show would just wither and die if Sami or EJ were to ever be off-screen, even for a few weeks. The show survived for almost 30 years before Alison joined the show and about 40 years before James was added to the cast. It would surely survive even a brief intermission from Sami and EJ's constant presence. and THAT is my main point.
I thought Bernardi was finished washed up.
Now there is a twist indeed.Sami didn't kill
him.Bernardi having made it through surgery
then dying could only mean one thing.Once
:flipoff: Stefeno found out Bernardi had survived he
told one of his Goons
:bat: take care of him Right Boss!Next Stefeno will be
ordering Bernardi Hospital records to be stolen
providing me with more :OhMy: Sami Bee Honey.
Looks like Stefeno is dipping into the Sami Bee Honey
as a way of fixing EJ.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 31 2013, 01:49 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
Jul 30 2013, 01:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 01:15 PM
Ms Trask=smug
I wish they'd explain why she's so strident. Salem really does need an outsider to stop the years worth of corruption and incompetence, but it'd be nice if she had more of a backstory to explain why she's been so worked up about this particular case from day one.
I don't see her as being any more strident than Justin.She is vigorously representing the people of Salem and Justin is vigorously defending Sami.Melinda Trask is doing her job just like Justin is doing his job.Most prosecutors want to win and most get upset when a police office is killed and the person responsible for the death appears to get off.I think this explains her behavior.If she did not argue that bail should be denied and the defendant was given bail and actually did go on the run,the prosecutor would be blasted by the citizens of the community and the newspapers. Sami lied to the police,lied to the grand jury,lied to her attorney,and she is charged with first degree murder.Most defendants charged with first degree murder are denied bail.There is more evidence against Sami than there was against EJ when they went on the run.EJ has been involved in criminal activity in the past and would not balk at having Sami get on a plane out of the country at the first opportunity.Everything the prosecutor said about Sami and EJ was true.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jul 31 2013, 01:43 AM
six
Sweet and Salty
Ms Trask=smug
I wish they'd explain why she's so strident. Salem really does need an outsider to stop the years worth of corruption and incompetence, but it'd be nice if she had more of a backstory to explain why she's been so worked up about this particular case from day one.
I don't see her as being any more strident than Justin.She is vigorously representing the people of Salem and Justin is vigorously defending Sami.Melinda Trask is doing her job just like Justin is doing his job.Most prosecutors want to win and most get upset when a police office is killed and the person responsible for the death appears to get off.I think this explains her behavior.If she did not argue that bail should be denied and the defendant was given bail and actually did go on the run,the prosecutor would be blasted by the citizens of the community and the newspapers. Sami lied to the police,lied to the grand jury,lied to her attorney,and she is charged with first degree murder.Most defendants charged with first degree murder are denied bail.There is more evidence against Sami than there was against EJ when they went on the run.EJ has been involved in criminal activity in the past and would not balk at having Sami get on a plane out of the country at the first opportunity.Everything the prosecutor said about Sami and EJ was true.
I like how history was being brought up in the trial.
Yes it is true that EJ having the resources he has
could fly Sami to Moraco.I love how this jail s/l is
drawing in all the other actors.

MissLola
Member Avatar

I liked GV very much yesterday and I even liked his scenes with Sami. He comes off as a geniune nice, likable guy and not another overhyped, interchangable "good guy" that I just cannot get invested in. I am not sure how they will translate him into a romantic story if that is what they even have planned for him. But we will see.
As for JS. I did not think the pushing the papers off the table was that bad, but everything else he did was OTT and cringworthy. He really needs to start watching his scenes and learn what his strengths and weaknesses are. When he plays things more subdued he does quite well and is enjoyable to watch. I liked him a lot better from 2006-08. He has either gotten sloppy/lazy since then or the hectic taping schedule does not work for him.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

JUSTIN-- that's all I got! :)

six
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jul 31 2013, 01:43 AM
six
Sweet and Salty
Ms Trask=smug
She's not strident because she wants to do her job, and I'm talking about her behavior as a whole, not just yesterday's scenes. She's strident because she arrived on the scene looking for a fight. Her mind was made up from day 1. And she should be in this to get justice, but instead, she comes off as if she's in it to win and to grab a a piece of the spotlight for herself. IDK who posted this earlier, but they're right in that Days has made her into the stereotypical one note prosecutor villain instead of making her an actual character. She's working with the most honest police officer in the universe, aka Abe Carver, and she's riding him like he's the Mickey Horton/Stefano Dimera of the SPD. If she'd just calm the heck down and work with the cops instead of working against them, maybe she won't end up looking foolish when this is all over. They are supposed to be on the same side, after all. Then, there's the way she chose to ruin an event that was doing something positive for the city, because she just had to have Sami arrested at the school opening. This woman acts like Sami ran over her dog.
Edited by six, Jul 31 2013, 08:22 AM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

That courtroom set was a bit small. The prosecutor should have had her own table instead of a podium. Plus, where would they cram a jury into that set, let alone a full gallery of people that should be in attendance at a trial?

Justin in lawyer mode is always nice to see.

Sami being denied bail because she helped EJ jump bail last year was a wonderful and hilarious development. It was certainly appropriate.

It is such a pity that the show finally has a large developed and talented young cast - enough so to accomplish a generational shift in the show's focus - yet almost all of them are leaving. The show now has to start over. This scares me because the only alternative is more Sami and more Daniel, two characters who need less screen time, not more.

camera shy

Kate must have senior moment down the road when she hires someone as stunning as CS to be Rafe's PT......epescially when she plans on staying the woman in his life.

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

De-lurking.

Let me get my thesis out of the way first: I hate where Kate's character is and is presumably heading.
Sub-thesis: I hated yesterday's Kate scenes.

I enjoyed me some Rate in the beginning. They were funny, light, somewhat interesting (which was incredibly surprising given Rafe's penchant for making me nod off). But if you're going to give them next to no non-bedroom scenes, there's little territory to cover, and they need to either move on or start utilizing other settings. I was hoping for the latter, but would have settled for the former.

What I can't oblige now is Kate being simultaneously watered down and crazi-fied to suit the dramatic irony of the physical therapist setup. And for what is she sacrificed? To watch the new romance brought on for a seemingly always comotosed character who everyday manages to be less compelling than Jennifer's library card. Yipeeeeee!

Finally, though my posting name would suggest otherwise, Stefano and Kate's relationship status should remain enemies. The list of shit he's put her through makes EJ's 'courtship' of Sami look totally innocuous. And though my inaugural griping post would suggest otherwise, I still hold out hope that my dear Ms. Roberts will find herself a man who is intelligent, sophisticated, attractive, cutthroat, and completely unwilling to use those attributes against her.

'Tis all for now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply