Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, July 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:29 AM (9,090 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

KateDiMera
Jul 31 2013, 10:27 AM
De-lurking.

Let me get my thesis out of the way first: I hate where Kate's character is and is presumably heading.
Sub-thesis: I hated yesterday's Kate scenes.

I enjoyed me some Rate in the beginning. They were funny, light, somewhat interesting (which was incredibly surprising given Rafe's penchant for making me nod off). But if you're going to give them next to no non-bedroom scenes, there's little territory to cover, and they need to either move on or start utilizing other settings. I was hoping for the latter, but would have settled for the former.

What I can't oblige now is Kate being simultaneously watered down and crazi-fied to suit the dramatic irony of the physical therapist setup. And for what is she sacrificed? To watch the new romance brought on for a seemingly always comotosed character who everyday manages to be less compelling than Jennifer's library card. Yipeeeeee!

Finally, though my posting name would suggest otherwise, Stefano and Kate's relationship status should remain enemies. The list of shit he's put her through makes EJ's 'courtship' of Sami look totally innocuous. And though my inaugural griping post would suggest otherwise, I still hold out hope that my dear Ms. Roberts will find herself a man who is intelligent, sophisticated, attractive, cutthroat, and completely unwilling to use those attributes against her.

'Tis all for now.
:hail: :hail:

Great post. I'm glad you have delurked.
Looking forward to more of your insights.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

six
Jul 31 2013, 08:17 AM
BeeBee
Jul 31 2013, 01:43 AM
six
Jul 30 2013, 01:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 01:15 PM
Ms Trask=smug
I wish they'd explain why she's so strident. Salem really does need an outsider to stop the years worth of corruption and incompetence, but it'd be nice if she had more of a backstory to explain why she's been so worked up about this particular case from day one.
I don't see her as being any more strident than Justin.She is vigorously representing the people of Salem and Justin is vigorously defending Sami.Melinda Trask is doing her job just like Justin is doing his job.Most prosecutors want to win and most get upset when a police office is killed and the person responsible for the death appears to get off.I think this explains her behavior.If she did not argue that bail should be denied and the defendant was given bail and actually did go on the run,the prosecutor would be blasted by the citizens of the community and the newspapers. Sami lied to the police,lied to the grand jury,lied to her attorney,and she is charged with first degree murder.Most defendants charged with first degree murder are denied bail.There is more evidence against Sami than there was against EJ when they went on the run.EJ has been involved in criminal activity in the past and would not balk at having Sami get on a plane out of the country at the first opportunity.Everything the prosecutor said about Sami and EJ was true.
She's not strident because she wants to do her job, and I'm talking about her behavior as a whole, not just yesterday's scenes. She's strident because she arrived on the scene looking for a fight. Her mind was made up from day 1. And she should be in this to get justice, but instead, she comes off as if she's in it to win and to grab a a piece of the spotlight for herself. IDK who posted this earlier, but they're right in that Days has made her into the stereotypical one note prosecutor villain instead of making her an actual character. She's working with the most honest police officer in the universe, aka Abe Carver, and she's riding him like he's the Mickey Horton/Stefano Dimera of the SPD. If she'd just calm the heck down and work with the cops instead of working against them, maybe she won't end up looking foolish when this is all over. They are supposed to be on the same side, after all. Then, there's the way she chose to ruin an event that was doing something positive for the city, because she just had to have Sami arrested at the school opening. This woman acts like Sami ran over her dog.
I guess we just view her differently.All Melinda Trask "knows" is that Sami shot a policeman in the back claiming the policeman was about to kill another policeman with a weapon that was not found at the scene of the homicide then lied to police and under oath at a grand jury proceeding .The evidence shows Sami had a dispute with the police officer prior to shooting him .Under the circumstnances she would not be performing her duty as a prosecutor if she did not charge Sami with first degree murder and argue for denial of bail.Under these circumstances I don't see why Melinda Trask should be sensitive to Sami's feelings and wait until her social event to end to arrest a person she believes committed a premediated murder.I am only surprised that Sami is not charged with perjury as well as murder.Sami did not mind ruining the school opening by prancing around in cuffs making a speech instead of leaving quickly and quietly.I don't see Melinda as any kind of villain.I see her doing her job.

six
Member Avatar

Yes, we do. Like I said, one of the things that irritates me is her behavior toward the cops. I don't mind her charging Sami, I just think her interactions with the rest of the town are needlessly antagonistic. And I don't consider the church opening Sami's social event. It's not like they interrupted Sami's birthday party. That party, which was basically a charity function was not about Sami and Eric and everyone else who worked hard to get the school up and running didn't deserve to have it marred that way. And no, Sami didn't help the situation, but that is another topic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply