Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, July 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:29 AM (9,290 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I appreciate that they brought back Cecily and continue to use her as a recurring character for Stefano.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I wonder who the witness is? Wouldnt it be awesome if it were Carrie or someone from Sami's past when Sami escaped with Austin when she was on trial for Franco's murder? A fan can dream ha.

KAM

Poor Abe. He's gonna be the witness that slams the cell door shut on Sami because of her last escapade with EJ.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 12:15 PM
Honeybees
Jul 30 2013, 12:13 PM
Do Asian actresses get to play anything but Geishas or Ball Busting Tiger Mom types?
the DA is Asian. and there have been Chinese/Japanese/Korean/etc actresses playing all sorts of roles on other shows - ER & Grey's Anatomy, for instance, both had Asian doctors.
I think Ciara's teacher was Asian too. Could be mis-remembering though.

naptown
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 30 2013, 12:25 PM
I appreciate that they brought back Cecily and continue to use her as a recurring character for Stefano.
I just hope they don't go there and make her the prosecutor's sister. It would be nice to not have every non-white character be somehow related.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 12:28 PM
Supergirlx2
Honeybees
Do Asian actresses get to play anything but Geishas or Ball Busting Tiger Mom types?
the DA is Asian. and there have been Chinese/Japanese/Korean/etc actresses playing all sorts of roles on other shows - ER & Grey's Anatomy, for instance, both had Asian doctors.
You're welcome to disagree with me, but when I was referring to the ball-busting Tiger Mom type, I was referring to the DA. It's also a very common stereotype of Asian women and many of the roles you mention fit right into it. Understand what I was saying and then disagree.

LovingDays

This is Kate we know....keep her away from Rafe

six
Member Avatar

On a shallow note, Days' wardrobe failed. Chad is under 50 and should have been inexplicably shirtless for his exam.
Edited by six, Jul 30 2013, 12:39 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

That look Kayla just gave to Kate was AMAZING.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, this is a very balanced episode today between the high drama of Sami's hearing & other, lighter stories with a NICE storyflow

naptown
Member Avatar

six
Jul 30 2013, 12:32 PM
On a shallow note, Days wardrobe failed. Chad is under 50 and should have been inexplicably shirtless for his exam.
I was thinking the same thing. And they also would have found a lame excuse for Cameron to be shirtless too.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jul 30 2013, 12:31 PM
blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 12:28 PM
Supergirlx2
Honeybees
You're welcome to disagree with me, but when I was referring to the ball-busting Tiger Mom type, I was referring to the DA. It's also a very common stereotype of Asian women and many of the roles you mention fit right into it. Understand what I was saying and then disagree.
I understand what you're saying I was just adding to what the other person was commenting.

I don't see how any of these characters would be different if white/black/other. I mean not that I think Days is overly sensitive to counteracting stereotypes, I don't think they are, but I'm not seeing the issue here either.

blueskies
Member Avatar

naptown
Jul 30 2013, 12:34 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 12:32 PM
On a shallow note, Days wardrobe failed. Chad is under 50 and should have been inexplicably shirtless for his exam.
I was thinking the same thing. And they also would have found a lame excuse for Cameron to be shirtless too.
"Okay so let's check out your head....sorry I'm shirtless I got blood on my lab coat from my last patient and thought this would be more hygienic"
Edited by blueskies, Jul 30 2013, 12:43 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

BWAHAHA. Trask just brought up how EJ fled custody with Sami's help! "Bail denied."

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Hahaha. Kate is offering to underwrite Rafe 's physical therapist. Wonder if this will wind up biting her in the ass.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

This all pretty elaborate for a bail hearing and since was Mr Walsh a judge?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I would not be opposed to a shirtless Cameron examining a shirtless Chad.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

It's very nice that they are bringing up characters' past actions.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I love that they milked this supposedly simply bail hearing for all the drama it was worth. Well done!

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 30 2013, 12:41 PM
I would not be opposed to a shirtless Cameron examining a shirtless Chad.
When the air conditioning malfunctions and they need to use body heat to keep each other warm...

*ahem*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply