Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, July 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:29 AM (9,294 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:36 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 12:10 PM
i just can't with the direction the Kayla/Abe investigation is going. why can't we just leave it at Sami shooting Bernardi and him dying of the gunshot wound? do we really have to make it such that, while Sami shot him, it's not the bullet that killed him? there's no way all this manipulation would be in the story if it weren't poor innocent "i can't handle jail" Sami. RME!
I bet Bernardi medical records disappear.
That would provide me with even more Honey
from the :shrug: Sami Bee.I am sure I am not the only one :cheer: dipping
from the pot of Sami Bee Honey.I don't hate Sami,I would like
to know why some do hate her?Ah let me guess maybe Sami
haters are getting tired of her getting a free pass.Add to the list
of reasons.
Some of us hate her because she's always being shoved down our throats by being on all the time and chewing up airtime. We see more miniscule aspects of Sami's life than any other character's (& that includes Fetch). it's not about Sami always getting a "free pass" for her crimes. Hell, pretty much everyone in Salem who's committed a crime has gotten at least somewhat of a free pass at one point or another. At this moment, it's the fact that we have this whole scenario of Sami shooting & killing Bernardi that's now gonna be modified into "yes Sami shot him, but she's not the one that killed him" just so that TomSell don't end up in a situation where Sami's going to prison for 25 years and now what do they do since they can't not have Sami ever-present on the show (this from KC's most recent interview). Most of us that dislike Sami at certain times would like to see the character rested for a while so that other characters can lead for a while, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards, which gets a little annoying because it takes away from all the other actors and results in the under-utilization of beloved characters, such as Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kayla, Abe, etc.
not everyone that hates Sami hates her for the same reasons, and some only hate her for certain things. it all comes down to personal preference. and on this board, everyone's allowed to like who they like and hate who they hate, and no one should feel like they can't state that they like someone or that they don't like someone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Soap net...

Love the way they're involving Kayla.

Kate v. Stefano...and a smashed cigar!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ej, "this is an outrage!" ....slowly pushes papers off table.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm not generally a big fan of Justin but I like him today. Then again anyone who tells off Ej is okay in my book.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I love that Stefano's only going to be honest for one question, lol.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I thought it was sweet to see Gabi so concerned over her brother. They're close and he's been teetering emotionally since coming out of the coma. I can understand her entering his room, seeing him very still and panicking that he may have slipped away. I'm glad they are showing the strength of their sibling relationship even if it may be just an excuse to throw Cameron and Gabi together in a scene.

I'm hoping when Nick returns to talk with Rafe Gabi is hanging around. I'd love to see Gabi and Nick interacting again.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I like the sound echoing in the jail. This is the first I've noticed it.

Kriss4

Justin's terrific!

Nice to see "Mr. Walsh" from 90210.

Now I think I know why Abe is at the bail hearing.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Chad you really made your question too narrow. And never a yes/no with absolute truth!

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 07:18 PM

Posted Image
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 30 2013, 07:36 PM.

Sparrow

six
Jul 30 2013, 12:51 PM
naptown
Jul 30 2013, 12:45 PM
I can't remember, but was Sami ever charged with attempted murder when she shot EJ in the head?
No.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow Sami shooting EJ comes to light during this trial? That would be. Just so. Freaking. Fantastic.

six
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 30 2013, 05:53 PM
Graceland
Jul 30 2013, 05:45 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 12:32 PM
On a shallow note, Days' wardrobe failed. Chad is under 50 and should have been inexplicably shirtless for his exam.
and pantless.
He should have been checked all over for bruises in case he fell again, but didn't remember. Way to drop the ball, Cam!
We really wouldn't need an explanation imo. It could have gone like this.

*Abby walks in* " Chad why aren't you wearing pants?"
Chad - "...Because."
Abby - "Oh, that makes sense." *exits scene*
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Jul 30 2013, 08:13 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 12:51 PM
naptown
Jul 30 2013, 12:45 PM
I can't remember, but was Sami ever charged with attempted murder when she shot EJ in the head?
No.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow Sami shooting EJ comes to light during this trial? That would be. Just so. Freaking. Fantastic.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Oh I wished I lived in this alternate universe.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I have been enjoying this Sami story. Not for Sami specifically. I mean, she's fine. I have nothing against her. But I like the way they're using the cast. They're using some of my long-time favorites, and I had almost given up hope that they would. Justin, Adrienne, Kayla...they're being used effectively in this story.

I like most of the younger cast now, too, and for so long I just didn't. But Nick, Chad, Will, Sonny...even Gabi's grown on me. I like all of them.

More, I like the way Salem really feels like a community again. Everyone knows what's going on with everyone else. People who are supposed to be in a scene often are. It's not perfect, because I could see that there should have been more people at Sami's bail hearing. Will, Marlena, Roman, maybe Caroline, Hope...although maybe NOT Hope, because she has to walk such a fine line. Supporting Sami, but still maintaining some kind of objectivity...because you know Melinda Trask will be keeping an eye on everything. But would a cop like she is show up at a bail hearing? Is that customary? I don't know. But I do know Hope can work behind the scenes regardless, and I'd like to see her doing that.

Speaking of Melinda Trask. I understand that she's doing her job, but she seems to take a particular glee in sticking it to Sami and her legal team. That smile she got when Sami was denied bail? I wanted to slap it off of her...because it doesn't seem like it's all about doing her job. It's personal for her...and she's after publicity. It's all a career move for her...but she's messing with Sami's LIFE.

It isn't that Sami's entirely innocent. She's been wrong. She lied, too, and at the very least should have to answer for the perjury...but not with life behind bars.

I love how they're using history too. Pointing out things that happened on the show to explain why Sami shouldn't get bail. Last week, bringing up history with the Kiriakis clan.

One thing...I thought we were gonna get a meaningful Justin/Kayla scene, and I didn't. I would have enjoyed that immensely. Justin was at her wedding. She, Steve, Adrienne and Justin once went on the run together. They're old friends, and I would have loved to see them meeting on a professional matter.

Whenever I see Kayla being civil with EJ, I think he should apologize to her for the things he did to Steve. I'm sorry. I don't even hate EJ. But he hurt her husband, and messed up their lives. I wish it mattered enough to him for him to offer her that.
Edited by Kriss4, Jul 30 2013, 08:25 PM.

Marlene

Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 06:11 PM
Fantastic66
Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 12:46 PM
Trask is overdoing the Cruella Deville routine.
EJ take over of DE was ligit.Stefeno
is lucky EJ didn't do worse to him.
It's true and Rachel belongs with Russ and not Steve.

Is this an Another World reference or am I missing something?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Marlene
Jul 30 2013, 08:24 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 06:11 PM
Fantastic66
Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 12:46 PM
Trask is overdoing the Cruella Deville routine.
EJ take over of DE was ligit.Stefeno
is lucky EJ didn't do worse to him.
It's true and Rachel belongs with Russ and not Steve.

Is this an Another World reference or am I missing something?
It is and you're not.

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 01:27 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 01:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 01:15 PM
Ms Trask=smug
I wish they'd explain why she's so strident. Salem really does need an outsider to stop the years worth of corruption and incompetence, but it'd be nice if she had more of a backstory to explain why she's been so worked up about this particular case from day one.
I thought it was because she was on a winning streak until she lost to Justin?
Maybe, but she still seems too invested in winning. Almost seems personal.

Mouse Mom

six
Jul 30 2013, 12:32 PM
On a shallow note, Days' wardrobe failed. Chad is under 50 and should have been inexplicably shirtless for his exam.
Okay, this is a valid point, someone slipped up big time. No excuse is too small to have a shirtless scene and they missed one? Wow. :blulaugh:

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 01:47 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 01:33 PM
Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 01:27 PM
six
Jul 30 2013, 01:23 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I thought it was because she was on a winning streak until she lost to Justin?
She came to town and became a special prosecutor on this case just to try and show up Justin? Okay, I'll go with that.
That's kinda how they initially portrayed it though. That she was this hard ass competitive Prosecutor who won all of her cases and now she's up against another renowned Lawyer in the form of Justin. She's deadset on winning and is confident she will, however she ends up losing the case to Justin even though it was supposed to be a guaranteed win for her. Now she's given a second chance with a new reveal of evidence that proves she should have originally won the case.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if they gave her a backstory as well but from what we've seen of her so far her reasoning for being so annoyingly adamant in her prosecution is pretty valid.

Although, the days writers are taking things a little too far too soon. Same thing they did to Adrienne. Valid and sound argument in the beginning but they made it seem like Adrienne was on crack about half-way through the s/l.
Good points. I do appreciate the judge pointing out her unprofessional attitude.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 30 2013, 07:35 PM
blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 07:18 PM

Posted Image
Haaaaaa!! This is such a perfect example! :blulaugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply