Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, July 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:29 AM (8,777 Views)
Sweet and Salty

T-Love74
Jul 30 2013, 01:57 PM
jb1183
Jul 30 2013, 12:47 PM
I want Kate back with Stefano.

It's been embarrassing watching her sitting at Rafe's bedside the past couple of months like their casual fling was some great love story.
And u think Kate with stefano was a great love story.
:shrug:
I do!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mouse Mom

Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 04:36 PM
Principal Guest Stars: Week of Tuesday 7/30/13-Monday 8/5/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Johnson
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Wally Kurth - Justin Kiriakis
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Ralph Waite - Father Matt
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Sean Douglas - Vargas
Elizabeth Roberts - Marge Bernardi
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Tyler Sellers - Brent
Allison Paige - Bev
Riley Bodenstab - Cole
Laura Kai Chen - Melinda Trask
Ricardo Molina - Mason Ventura
James Eckhouse - Judge Griffin Sims (new)

They finally remembered to list Mary Beth in the credits!!

Vargas returns this week.
Please, please, please, if Marge is staying around for long, do a recast.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I'll tell you the truth....I think Days is boring now....it was good about 2 or 3 weeks ago but lately, it's just snooze for me. I was home from work today and I decided to watch it live. Boy what a mistake that was.....it's just boring...maybe it's just me and I don't like any of the stories at the moment, or it's the stupid court room cases that are really not my cup of tea, but I'm not finding ANYTHING about Days that I enjoy now....oh well....not the first time for me I guess, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Well, it's been awhile since they featured Lucas, and you love him. It's perfectly understandable when you have a special attachment to an actor or actress that the show doesn't have the same shine for you if they're not featured and you don't know when they'll get anything meaningful again.

I understand that completely. Makes sense.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 07:13 PM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:36 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 12:10 PM
i just can't with the direction the Kayla/Abe investigation is going. why can't we just leave it at Sami shooting Bernardi and him dying of the gunshot wound? do we really have to make it such that, while Sami shot him, it's not the bullet that killed him? there's no way all this manipulation would be in the story if it weren't poor innocent "i can't handle jail" Sami. RME!
I bet Bernardi medical records disappear.
That would provide me with even more Honey
from the :shrug: Sami Bee.I am sure I am not the only one :cheer: dipping
from the pot of Sami Bee Honey.I don't hate Sami,I would like
to know why some do hate her?Ah let me guess maybe Sami
haters are getting tired of her getting a free pass.Add to the list
of reasons.
Some of us hate her because she's always being shoved down our throats by being on all the time and chewing up airtime. We see more miniscule aspects of Sami's life than any other character's (& that includes Fetch). it's not about Sami always getting a "free pass" for her crimes. Hell, pretty much everyone in Salem who's committed a crime has gotten at least somewhat of a free pass at one point or another. At this moment, it's the fact that we have this whole scenario of Sami shooting & killing Bernardi that's now gonna be modified into "yes Sami shot him, but she's not the one that killed him" just so that TomSell don't end up in a situation where Sami's going to prison for 25 years and now what do they do since they can't not have Sami ever-present on the show (this from KC's most recent interview). Most of us that dislike Sami at certain times would like to see the character rested for a while so that other characters can lead for a while, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards, which gets a little annoying because it takes away from all the other actors and results in the under-utilization of beloved characters, such as Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kayla, Abe, etc.
not everyone that hates Sami hates her for the same reasons, and some only hate her for certain things. it all comes down to personal preference. and on this board, everyone's allowed to like who they like and hate who they hate, and no one should feel like they can't state that they like someone or that they don't like someone.
I don't think the writers are just now modifying the "killing" of Bernardi & Sami's role in it. If I remember correctly in
the hospital scenes when Bernardi survived surgery the doctors believed he was going to survive.
I actually find this twist interesting, we now have a possible rogue doctor or one of Stepahno's henchmen
getting to Bernardi in the hospital . Plus we get to see Abe & Kayla looking into this new development

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 08:23 PM
More, I like the way Salem really feels like a community again. Everyone knows what's going on with everyone else. ...

I love how they're using history too. Pointing out things that happened on the show to explain why Sami shouldn't get bail. Last week, bringing up history with the Kiriakis clan.
Agreed. The show is really better than it's been in a while. Days has become, dare I say it, mostly watchable. Utilizing show history, actions having (some) consequences, actually using old favorite characters like Justin and Kayla... Is there a reason for this, btw? Some recent shake-up in the writing staff that I didn't realize?

As for Sami today... Allison Sweeney did a good job with not chewing up the scenery and barfing it out. When she actually tries at acting, I find I like Sami so much more.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 08:55 PM
Well, it's been awhile since they featured Lucas, and you love him. It's perfectly understandable when you have a special attachment to an actor or actress that the show doesn't have the same shine for you if they're not featured and you don't know when they'll get anything meaningful again.

I understand that completely. Makes sense.
I'll tell you a little secret...in 2001, Bryan was fired...I was still a huge fan of his back then...I kept watching the show because I liked it....it was never about one actor or actress for me, and I loved many couples back then that were being featured so if something was on that I didn't like then I knew that something else was on that I would enjoy. I frankly have slowly become very frustrated with the show over the years for various reasons...and I can tell you in 25 plus years of watching this show I've only fully stopped on 2 occasions.....once was in 2010 and that was purely because Lucas was written out, but I can honestly tell you that if I had other stuff that would have kept me watching, other things I loved, other characters I was invested in that were given a story and were written in character I would have continued watching, as I've always been a Days fan first, but I had nothing back then.....then I began to watch again when the reset occurred...and I haven't really stopped since...although I found some rather stupid, boring, anti climatic stories to last me a lifetime under MarDar, but I never imagined they would be fired and replaced so soon with TomSell no less. I knew the minute those two came on board that my viewers days would likely be affected sooner or late, but lately I can honestly say if it wasn't for Ericole, I'd be gone....and I truly don't know how much longer I'll watch...this time, as in 2010, I am slowly finding myself not liking any of the stories, and they aren't even featuring characters I like.....so for me at least, that hour of my night when I usually come home from work and sit to watch the show can probably be better spent watching something else, or doing some laundry so I don't have to do it on the weekend....Days has a huge problem if they have a viewer that would rather do laundry than watch their show.....if they are trying to write for ALL fans as they keep saying, then start using every character and don't treat some like if they didn't belong on the show....it's upsetting that the only way to have Justin and Adrienne featured is to assist Ej and Sami, or they have to shove the likes of Dan and before him Rafe for years because the writers/EP's have a hard on for the characters....or why they have to push stories for Gabi and Melanie but refuse to feature Abby, seriously.....and don't even get me started on Eric and Nicole.....talk about frustration....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

SoapGal1
Jul 30 2013, 06:32 PM
Another good show today.

LOVED that the prosecutor brought up Ejami jumping bail for EJ a year ago. Good call.

Loving all the characters that are being pulled into this story. Also love that it's characters that don't necessarily work together or generally like each other.

Every scene with Chabby makes me want to throw something at my tv. I wish I didn't know CD was leaving. They really have potential & they might've actually gotten a good story this time around.

I'm going to need the prosecutor to take it down about twelve notches and quit eating the scenery so much. I get that she's got it out for SGB, but no prosecutor is going to behave that way. She can be ruthless without acting like a real housewife of Salem.
Exactly!!!

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 04:59 PM
Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 04:36 PM
Principal Guest Stars: Week of Tuesday 7/30/13-Monday 8/5/13

Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Johnson
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Wally Kurth - Justin Kiriakis
Aloma Wright - Maxine Landis
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Ralph Waite - Father Matt
Meredith Scott Lynn - Anne Milbauer
Sean Douglas - Vargas
Elizabeth Roberts - Marge Bernardi
Kevin Riggin - Rory
Tyler Sellers - Brent
Allison Paige - Bev
Riley Bodenstab - Cole
Laura Kai Chen - Melinda Trask
Ricardo Molina - Mason Ventura
James Eckhouse - Judge Griffin Sims (new)

They finally remembered to list Mary Beth in the credits!!

Vargas returns this week.
VARGAS!!!! :cheer: :cheer:
Oh yea :cheer: I am ready for the Vargus and Nick dynamic.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 08:41 PM
T-Love74
Jul 30 2013, 01:57 PM
jb1183
Jul 30 2013, 12:47 PM
I want Kate back with Stefano.

It's been embarrassing watching her sitting at Rafe's bedside the past couple of months like their casual fling was some great love story.
And u think Kate with stefano was a great love story.
:shrug:
I do!
I liked Kate/Stefeno.I cant wait until :flipoff: Kate
Hires this Physical Therapist for Rafe.That
ought to really put a jalepeno on things.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 30 2013, 09:52 PM
SoapGal1
Jul 30 2013, 06:32 PM
Another good show today.

LOVED that the prosecutor brought up Ejami jumping bail for EJ a year ago. Good call.

Loving all the characters that are being pulled into this story. Also love that it's characters that don't necessarily work together or generally like each other.

Every scene with Chabby makes me want to throw something at my tv. I wish I didn't know CD was leaving. They really have potential & they might've actually gotten a good story this time around.

I'm going to need the prosecutor to take it down about twelve notches and quit eating the scenery so much. I get that she's got it out for SGB, but no prosecutor is going to behave that way. She can be ruthless without acting like a real housewife of Salem.
Exactly!!!
That Prosecutor is after :shrug: Sami like a Hermit Crab in
a fish tank.He means to nail this case.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

My show was preempted today because of a visit from POTUS, so I just watched on soapnet. Even though I kind of knew from discussions and twitter what was going to happen, I still found myself wondering what was going to happen next in the courtroom scenes. The only thing I didn't enjoy at all was Gabi/Abby.....total waste of airtime for the two of them IMO. I love Eric, Abe, Kayla, and Justin all being part of the Bernardi story.....this is such a good umbrella story!

Kriss4

That prosecutor reminds me of Leslie Landman from the 80s. She was always eager to make a name for herself...didn't care too much if what she was fighting for was in the interest of justice. I get that feeling from Melinda Trask too.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 10:08 PM
That prosecutor reminds me of Leslie Landman from the 80s. She was always eager to make a name for herself...didn't care too much if what she was fighting for was in the interest of justice. I get that feeling from Melinda Trask too.

Posted Image
Leslie Landman

Posted Image
Melinda Trask

Kriss4

Well, not in looks...in attitude, LOL!

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jul 30 2013, 09:05 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 07:13 PM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:36 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 12:10 PM
i just can't with the direction the Kayla/Abe investigation is going. why can't we just leave it at Sami shooting Bernardi and him dying of the gunshot wound? do we really have to make it such that, while Sami shot him, it's not the bullet that killed him? there's no way all this manipulation would be in the story if it weren't poor innocent "i can't handle jail" Sami. RME!
I bet Bernardi medical records disappear.
That would provide me with even more Honey
from the :shrug: Sami Bee.I am sure I am not the only one :cheer: dipping
from the pot of Sami Bee Honey.I don't hate Sami,I would like
to know why some do hate her?Ah let me guess maybe Sami
haters are getting tired of her getting a free pass.Add to the list
of reasons.
Some of us hate her because she's always being shoved down our throats by being on all the time and chewing up airtime. We see more miniscule aspects of Sami's life than any other character's (& that includes Fetch). it's not about Sami always getting a "free pass" for her crimes. Hell, pretty much everyone in Salem who's committed a crime has gotten at least somewhat of a free pass at one point or another. At this moment, it's the fact that we have this whole scenario of Sami shooting & killing Bernardi that's now gonna be modified into "yes Sami shot him, but she's not the one that killed him" just so that TomSell don't end up in a situation where Sami's going to prison for 25 years and now what do they do since they can't not have Sami ever-present on the show (this from KC's most recent interview). Most of us that dislike Sami at certain times would like to see the character rested for a while so that other characters can lead for a while, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards, which gets a little annoying because it takes away from all the other actors and results in the under-utilization of beloved characters, such as Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Kayla, Abe, etc.
not everyone that hates Sami hates her for the same reasons, and some only hate her for certain things. it all comes down to personal preference. and on this board, everyone's allowed to like who they like and hate who they hate, and no one should feel like they can't state that they like someone or that they don't like someone.
I don't think the writers are just now modifying the "killing" of Bernardi & Sami's role in it. If I remember correctly in
the hospital scenes when Bernardi survived surgery the doctors believed he was going to survive.
I actually find this twist interesting, we now have a possible rogue doctor or one of Stepahno's henchmen
getting to Bernardi in the hospital . Plus we get to see Abe & Kayla looking into this new development

The lead Female/male Actors are featured in
more s/l.They can have more airtime sometimes.
The other actors revolving around them are supporting Actors.
Thanks for the comments.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 30 2013, 10:40 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 10:16 PM
Kriss4

Posted Image
Leslie Landman

Posted Image
Melinda Trask
Jason, sometimes it's scary how quickly you come up with stuff!

mollymay

gailwinters
Jul 30 2013, 10:17 PM
Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 10:16 PM
Kriss4

Posted Image
Leslie Landman

Posted Image
Melinda Trask
Jason, sometimes it's scary how quickly you come up with stuff!
I know...its like he knows something about the soap business.. ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 06:11 PM
Fantastic66
Jul 30 2013, 05:45 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jul 30 2013, 12:46 PM
Trask is overdoing the Cruella Deville routine.
EJ take over of DE was ligit.Stefeno
is lucky EJ didn't do worse to him.
It's true and Rachel belongs with Russ and not Steve.
Quite possibly my favorite post in this entire thread.

:hail:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kriss4

Yea, and Pat the DA in the 90's. it's such a cliche.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply