Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,149 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Jul 31 2013, 09:43 AM
Well that sucks. Kristen and Chad will both be gone and the only Dimera left is a wuss and I could give a shit less about.
Sadly, the crappiest DiMera is the one left standing (no matter how hot James is). Maybe they'll re-cast Chad with someone surprisingly charismatic? Hope springs eternal.

I'm coming round to the idea that it's better to rest true villains like Kristen than watch them be de-clawed and de-fanged so that they can play nice/fit in with others.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jul 31 2013, 11:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jen Lilley
@eileen_davidson you're captivating on and off screen. Enjoy your time off :) Fingers crossed I get to work with u in the future @nbcdays

Rosebud
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 30 2013, 11:16 PM
I have such mixed emotions about this. I actually think it's a good thing when the real villains come and go. It allows them to remain as true villains without being redeemed so they can eat chowder at the pub. This gives Kristen the chance to go out in the blaze of glory that is worthy of one of Days' best villains of all time. On the other hand, I will miss her greatly. ED makes Kristen so much fun to watch.

Once she exits, I hope they bring in another great villain who can stir up shit in Salem for a year just like Kristen did. Andre anyone???
Orpheus!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 31 2013, 09:19 AM
Kriss4
Jul 31 2013, 09:16 AM
I still say days has really improved as a whole. It isn't just Kristen that's made it good. They've done a ton of things to improve it. Remember when there was seldom any payoff?
Remember when every story fell flat?
Like, 2 months ago?
That the quality has improved so noticeably in such a short span of time is only something to marvel at, IMO. Hope it continues the upward tick despite recent losses (Eileen is definitely the most painful one; losing Chandler and Camila, and to a lesser extent Casey, will be pretty easy to cope with.)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 31 2013, 11:29 AM
daysmemories
Jul 31 2013, 09:43 AM
Well that sucks. Kristen and Chad will both be gone and the only Dimera left is a wuss and I could give a shit less about.
Sadly, the crappiest DiMera is the one left standing (no matter how hot James is). Maybe they'll re-cast Chad with someone surprisingly charismatic? Hope springs eternal.

I'm coming round to the idea that it's better to rest true villains like Kristen than watch them be de-clawed and de-fanged so that they can play nice/fit in with others.
I want Tony back. :( I don't care how many times he died. Jacks organs were given away and he came back so, HA!

The last time we saw Anna, she opened a door, looked surprised and said "It's you!" In my mind, it was Tony, and they are living the highlife somewhere. But we need Tony back.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 11:53 PM
blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:34 PM
Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM
Who would you want back, if you could have your wish?

We're losing several cast members in the coming months. Good performers. Well liked. Some characters might be recasted.

Maybe others will fill a hole or two.

Shawn and Belle? Philip?
honestly after all the ppl leave, i don't even feel like there will be a cast anymore. I mean, Marlena and Hope (but they don't get used much). And Rafe/Sami/EJ/Daniel who I all wish would go away. Jen...I like...mostly...

But they'll need a new villain once Kristen leaves & Theresa does not fill that void and Nicole/Sami/Kate have been it too long.
Sami hasn't really been a villain for a good 4-5 years. they keep writing her as some sort of heroine that simply gets herself into trouble because of her impulses and the fact that she associates herself with EJ.
it would actually be nice to see Sami as evil and plotting to make people's life hell again.

Hope & Marlena need viable romantic pairings, not because that's the only story that can be written for them, but because it gives them the ability to have that person they can talk to about things that are going on, bump into people while on dates, or whatever. Hell, it could be fun to see Hope & Marlena crush on the same guy and not know about it.

I'd love to see Shawn, or even JT return to the screen. We'll have to see what TPTB do to fill the voids being left by the younger actors leaving - which characters will they recast, which characters will simply leave Salem, what characters (if any) will "replace" those characters.
Marlena needs John back and the writers need to give them a story to reunite. They've been through too much to just be over because of this lame-@ssed Kristen story :bs:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 30 2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not her biggest fan, but I think the character of Kristen added a lot to the show this year. I also think, however, that if Days were to write for some of their existing actors the way they wrote for Eileen/Kristen, they'd be in much better shape.

Amen, the whole story was focused on Kristen, and John and Marlena were sacrificed at her alter. She was given ever beat in the story and we never got to see the other side of the story.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am SO incredibly GUTTED by this....Eileen's return (and the anticipation that she was coming) literally stopped me from quitting this show after MarDar's exit last summer.

WHY must the GOOD actors always leave this show and we are left with absolutely SCUM actors and characters like Alison Sweeney, Shawn Christian and Eric Martsolf...ugh...just FUCK YOU DAYS!!

Fire 5 people and THROW that money at her!

Ugh - day RUINED!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jul 31 2013, 11:58 AM.

ShaneDOOLFan

I dont think this is about money. I think she saw a real opportunity to take some time off and not work at all. She has a young son and two older sons transitioning into adulthood. I sincerely believe this is only a break. Its clear DOOL wanted her to stay. Now if she goes back to Young and the Restless, that is shady and I would be pissed at her.

A rest for her character could do some good and build anticipation for her reappearance. Should be some good scenes come November!

King
Member Avatar

I'm absolutely devastated. So crushed.

King
Member Avatar

Between her and Massey, this is awful. We need Reckell back or someone. I can't just wait Alison Sweeney all day every day.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

If Y&R gets their grubby hands on her again...I will be PISSED!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

ShaneDOOLFan
Jul 31 2013, 12:00 PM
I dont think this is about money. I think she saw a real opportunity to take some time off and not work at all. She has a young son and two older sons transitioning into adulthood. I sincerely believe this is only a break. Its clear DOOL wanted her to stay. Now if she goes back to Young and the Restless, that is shady and I would be pissed at her.

A rest for her character could do some good and build anticipation for her reappearance. Should be some good scenes come November!
Doesn't she only have one son?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 31 2013, 03:48 AM
Wel now after all the attention she's received here on Days, if she returns to the Y&R they'll have to good sense to really write for her and give her a great story.
I like her on Y&R and hope she goes back there, or maybe GH, because they don't seem to know what to do with Ashley :shrug:

IIttu
Member Avatar

What a shame.. I'm really gonna miss her talent but I foolishly hope this would help get my J&M back..

AFaithL

I honestly believe her heart is with Y&R. It's only a matter of time before she winds up back over there. And it saddens me.

I don't want to watch the Ejami show. Not invested in that couple. Not invested in Dan and Jen. Don't care about Rafe. I was interested in Chabby, but with Casey gone, that seems unlikely.

They need to bring the real John back for Marlena. I know Drake sounds desperate and begg-y, but he deserves to be pissed off after the character assassination heaped on his character. His likeability suffered big time. I am happy for Hope getting a story, but I NEED to see more Marlena with a strong story of her own.

AFaithL

Casey
Jul 31 2013, 12:06 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Jul 31 2013, 12:00 PM

Doesn't she only have one son?
She has two step-sons she helped raise.

AFaithL

Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 12:06 PM
If Y&R gets their grubby hands on her again...I will be PISSED!
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

But unfortunately, I see it coming.....

AFaithL

Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 11:55 AM

WHY must the GOOD actors always leave this show and we are left with absolutely SCUM actors and characters like Alison Sweeney, Shawn Christian and Eric Martsolf...ugh...just FUCK YOU DAYS!!

There's not a damn thing wrong with Eric Martsolf.

Now the other two? They could leave tomorrow, and I would be fine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply