Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (27,901 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Initially, seeing the headline had me shocked. The shock wore off rather quickly though. Only seconds. The fact that DAYS got Davidson back at all trumps her exiting. And I have to agree with those saying that writing the character out after a year of wreaking havoc is the better choice. In the 90s, Davidson probably should've left a year before she did. However, Reilly's long, drawn out writing allowed her the show to continue using her longer. That writing no longer exists today. And after Kristen's latest act (raping Eric), I don't see how she could be redeemed after it's exposed. Years down the line, sure. But it could never be done right after the revelation.

I think had the show continued to write Kristen they way they were writing her when she first showed up, I would say that she still has a place on the show. Sure, she was still evil, but even having Brady attacked and planning to sleep with John isn't as bad as what she's done to Eric. But the audience was starting to get bored with Kristen back then. They wanted something bigger. It seems like they got it, and now we're heading towards her unavoidable exit.

As for what happens to Kristen, I don't want her to be presumed dead. Been there, done that. I would rather see Kristen exposed and deemed the town pariah with no choice but to leave Salem. Have one final showdown with Marlena before she leaves. Marlena telling Kristen that her return was pointless and she should've stayed gone. She accomplished nothing. Throughout Marlena's rant, Kristen would keep silent. Taking it all in. Adding a few jabs in her Kristen-like manner, but taking all Marlena gives for the most part. And then, once Marlena is home, enjoying her victory over her worst enemy, we cut to a shot of Kristen boarding a jet where a baby awaits her. Her baby with Eric. Marlena's grandchild! Fade to black.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

...April fools?

Please?

King
Member Avatar

I guess it's better that we are all sad about this then saying "Thank God. Her return was such a flop." :(

With Will and Kristen leaving, I just can't think of anything that is keeping me around. Ugh. I hope we get big DAYS news soon.

ShaneDOOLFan

DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2013, 12:34 PM
Initially, seeing the headline had me shocked. The shock wore off rather quickly though. Only seconds. The fact that DAYS got Davidson back at all trumps her exiting. And I have to agree with those saying that writing the character out after a year of wreaking havoc is the better choice. In the 90s, Davidson probably should've left a year before she did. However, Reilly's long, drawn out writing allowed her the show to continue using her longer. That writing no longer exists today. And after Kristen's latest act (raping Eric), I don't see how she could be redeemed after it's exposed. Years down the line, sure. But it could never be done right after the revelation.

I think had the show continued to write Kristen they way they were writing her when she first showed up, I would say that she still has a place on the show. Sure, she was still evil, but even having Brady attacked and planning to sleep with John isn't as bad as what she's done to Eric. But the audience was starting to get bored with Kristen back then. They wanted something bigger. It seems like they got it, and now we're heading towards her unavoidable exit.

As for what happens to Kristen, I don't want her to be presumed dead. Been there, done that. I would rather see Kristen exposed and deemed the town pariah with no choice but to leave Salem. Have one final showdown with Marlena before she leaves. Marlena telling Kristen that her return was pointless and she should've stayed gone. She accomplished nothing. Throughout Marlena's rant, Kristen would keep silent. Taking it all in. Adding a few jabs in her Kristen-like manner, but taking all Marlena gives for the most part. And then, once Marlena is home, enjoying her victory over her worst enemy, we cut to a shot of Kristen boarding a jet where a baby awaits her. Her baby with Eric. Marlena's grandchild! Fade to black.
Holy Shit that would be epic or the results of a pregnancy test being positive. This is the type of ending Im hoping for and hopefully her and DOOL will resume talks when she is ready!

ShaneDOOLFan

The fact that Eileen is also tweeting NBC tells me that the exit was on very good terms and and return down the road is likely.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jul 31 2013, 05:58 AM
Well, it's been a fun ride but honestly what else is there for Kristin to do? She's destroyed John so much that he's off screen. Brady has been branded a fool for life. And, we have yet to see the fallout from her rape of Eric. With Kristin's goal being to destroy Marlena, she has certainly made her mark, effectively destroying all the men who mean anything to Marlena. Who's left? Will? Johnny? And in some alternate universe, Roman?

I totally agree with the poster above who stated that villains like Kristin, and Stefano in his prime, need to be rested from time to time to keep them sharp. She just can't be redeemed. There's absolutely nothing that she can do to warm her way into Marlena's good graces.

When we first heard of ED's return we all hoped for a great story for John & Marlena, but that really didn't happen. How many times in the daily thread has someone commented on Marlena's limited involvement in a story that's aimed at her destruction?

Maybe with Kristin gone, we can see the return of the real John Black. Perhaps we'll see Marlena's triumph. A girl can only hope.
Well said! I was very tired of Kristen by the time she finally left last time, but I was excited for her return because it had great potential for another round with John and Marlena, but instead they stuck her with the boy she mothered in the 90s and simply destroyed John and Marlena. What a let down. And the story became the same old routine of Kristen getting into trouble each week and having to get out of it. It gets OLD really fast. I wouldn't blame Eileen if she got tired of that circus. But for me, if you have the story centered on the villain without her victims getting equal airtime then it's a major bust and not worth my time.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jul 31 2013, 08:54 AM
Can't say I'll miss Kristen. She's always been too campy and overexposed for me. I am glad this was announced early so I can at least tolerate her for the remaining months. I was on the verge of tuning out completely after she pulled out the teeth last week. I was afraid she was bringing back the multiple roles again.
She pulled out teeth last week? Oh good grief. :huh:

Pookie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2013, 12:34 PM

I agree. I mean, she RAPED a PRIEST. You can't whitewash that. She's clearly going to be busted. She's probably gonna RUN before she gets thrown in jail. Maybe fake her death.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Ellie
Jul 31 2013, 10:54 AM
Sorry if this was posted already - but from Eileen's facebook

Eileen Davidson
Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left DOOL. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on DOOL this year.....

Eileen
From this it certainly seems that she was on for a one year contract at Days and Days decided not to renew, or she decided to leave Days and see if other options opened up.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

King
Jul 31 2013, 12:52 PM
I guess it's better that we are all sad about this then saying "Thank God. Her return was such a flop." :(
Well, personally speaking, I am definitely sad about her leaving because I love Kristen any way I can get her, but I'm also severely annoyed that she was only brought back for what we've seen this past year. Putting 90% of her screentime alone with Eric Martsolf in generic, sappy scenes definitely constitutes a flop in my book for this particular character.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

King

With Will and Kristen leaving, I just can't think of anything that is keeping me around. Ugh. I hope we get big DAYS news soon.
I feel the same way...we desperately need some very good casting news...like Shelle returns, or JKJ or PR or we need some SERIOUSLY good firing news like SC for example.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 01:40 PM
Ellie

Eileen Davidson
Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left DOOL. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on DOOL this year.....

Eileen
From this it certainly seems that she was on for a one year contract at Days and Days decided not to renew, or she decided to leave Days and see if other options opened up.
This 100% sounds like it was her decision...not the shows.

I hope she returns in 3 months.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm still shocked they addressed this so early given how tight lipped Days has been regarding casting lately.

AFaithL

We knew far in advance when Casey was leaving, too.

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 31 2013, 12:31 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 11:55 AM

WHY must the GOOD actors always leave this show and we are left with absolutely SCUM actors and characters like Alison Sweeney, Shawn Christian and Eric Martsolf...ugh...just FUCK YOU DAYS!!

There's not a damn thing wrong with Eric Martsolf.

Now the other two? They could leave tomorrow, and I would be fine.
I like EM and Brady but there's plenty wrong with him. He's a pretty weak actor and he can't hold his own with any of the actresses they've paired him with. They really should have tried broe again, IMO. Two pretty people with no acting skills. Honestly, of he didn't look so much like I think Brady should and if EM weren't so dadgum charming and personable, I'd be wanting him gone, too.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Mason
Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM
King
Well, personally speaking, I am definitely sad about her leaving because I love Kristen any way I can get her, but I'm also severely annoyed that she was only brought back for what we've seen this past year. Putting 90% of her screentime alone with Eric Martsolf in generic, sappy scenes definitely constitutes a flop in my book for this particular character.
Yep, putting her with Brady was the end of my interest in Kristen this go round. It still really creeps me out and it made her return a complete flop for me. Going after Eric in the first place would have made more sense and wouldn't have had the ICK factor. But she really should have just gone after John and Marlena. Such a disappointing story.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 31 2013, 01:52 PM
AFaithL
Jul 31 2013, 12:31 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 11:55 AM

WHY must the GOOD actors always leave this show and we are left with absolutely SCUM actors and characters like Alison Sweeney, Shawn Christian and Eric Martsolf...ugh...just FUCK YOU DAYS!!

There's not a damn thing wrong with Eric Martsolf.

Now the other two? They could leave tomorrow, and I would be fine.
I like EM and Brady but there's plenty wrong with him. He's a pretty weak actor and he can't hold his own with any of the actresses they've paired him with. They really should have tried broe again, IMO. Two pretty people with no acting skills. Honestly, of he didn't look so much like I think Brady should and if EM weren't so dadgum charming and personable, I'd be wanting him gone, too.
:blulaugh: :blulaugh: :blulaugh:

thepadange

Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 01:44 PM
LuvingLumi
Ellie

Eileen Davidson

Eileen

IDK it sounds quite neutral. It's very subjective but I got the impression the show could have tried harder and offered more (whatever it is - vacation, less workload or idk what) if they wanted her to stay but they didn't.

AFaithL

Rosebud
Jul 31 2013, 02:05 PM
Mason
Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM
King
Yep, putting her with Brady was the end of my interest in Kristen this go round. It still really creeps me out and it made her return a complete flop for me. Going after Eric in the first place would have made more sense and wouldn't have had the ICK factor. But she really should have just gone after John and Marlena. Such a disappointing story.
I agree she should have gone after Eric originally when she came back. It would have made more sense, because he is Marlena's son. I still think Kristen having Marlena's grandchild would be epic storytelling, for multiple reasons. It would tie the women together for life, and it would add another layer to Kristen. It could definitely still happen somewhere down the line. Kristen could come back in 6 months with a baby, and really shake up Eric, Marlena, and Brady's worlds.

I agree that EM isn't the best actor, but I find him likable, down-to-earth, and hot. And Brady is never boring. I find EJ very, very boring though.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

thepadange
Jul 31 2013, 02:08 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 01:44 PM
LuvingLumi
Ellie

Eileen Davidson

Eileen

IDK it sounds quite neutral. It's very subjective but I got the impression the show could have tried harder and offered more (whatever it is - vacation, less workload or idk what) if they wanted her to stay but they didn't.
IDK about vacation....this show gets so many dark weeks a year and some of them are 2 straight back to back weeks around the biggest holidays that I find it hard to believe that if Eileen wanted some time to spend with her family that she couldn't have scheduled that in the weeks they get off as it is....even then if she wanted a few months straight to spend with her family, I'm sure Days could have written the character out for a period of 3 to 6 months while this current story wrapped it and then had her return in 6 months time. I just got the feeling that Days and Eileen knew going in a year ago that it was just a one year deal and neither wanted to break from that. Maybe we'll learn in the current weeks/months that the deal between Y&R and Days was for Days to have Eileen for one year and then Y&R had the option of bringing her back after that. But since then the writers/EP's have changed at Y&R and the plan might have changed, but maybe Days was still honoring the deal....who knows....

I certainly didn't get a feeling that Days tried to keep her, or that Eileen wanted to stay at Days.....I just think both sides are sticking to whatever deal they worked out a year ago.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply