Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,568 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM
King
Jul 31 2013, 12:52 PM
I guess it's better that we are all sad about this then saying "Thank God. Her return was such a flop." :(

With Will and Kristen leaving, I just can't think of anything that is keeping me around. Ugh. I hope we get big DAYS news soon.
I feel the same way...we desperately need some very good casting news...like Shelle returns, or JKJ or PR or we need some SERIOUSLY good firing news like SC for example.
Or Mathew Ashford returning. ;) But this really sucks. I am going to miss Kristen. :( Wish ED the best though.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jul 31 2013, 02:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 31 2013, 02:28 PM
Mitchapalooza
King
I guess it's better that we are all sad about this then saying "Thank God. Her return was such a flop." :(

With Will and Kristen leaving, I just can't think of anything that is keeping me around. Ugh. I hope we get big DAYS news soon.
I feel the same way...we desperately need some very good casting news...like Shelle returns, or JKJ or PR or we need some SERIOUSLY good firing news like SC for example.
Or Mathew Ashford returning. ;) But this really sucks. I am going to miss Kristen. :( Wish ED the best though.
They could really make the majority of Days fans happy with the following and the majority can be done without putting too much thought into it.

-bring MA back
-Give BD, MBE, WK, JE a contract
-fire SC
-bring a male in for Hope and pair Marlena off with someone...then bring John back, at least on recurring I think Drake would be appreciative and try to nail his scenes

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jul 31 2013, 01:36 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2013, 12:34 PM
Initially, seeing the headline had me shocked. The shock wore off rather quickly though. Only seconds. The fact that DAYS got Davidson back at all trumps her exiting. And I have to agree with those saying that writing the character out after a year of wreaking havoc is the better choice. In the 90s, Davidson probably should've left a year before she did. However, Reilly's long, drawn out writing allowed her the show to continue using her longer. That writing no longer exists today. And after Kristen's latest act (raping Eric), I don't see how she could be redeemed after it's exposed. Years down the line, sure. But it could never be done right after the revelation.

I think had the show continued to write Kristen they way they were writing her when she first showed up, I would say that she still has a place on the show. Sure, she was still evil, but even having Brady attacked and planning to sleep with John isn't as bad as what she's done to Eric. But the audience was starting to get bored with Kristen back then. They wanted something bigger. It seems like they got it, and now we're heading towards her unavoidable exit.

As for what happens to Kristen, I don't want her to be presumed dead. Been there, done that. I would rather see Kristen exposed and deemed the town pariah with no choice but to leave Salem. Have one final showdown with Marlena before she leaves. Marlena telling Kristen that her return was pointless and she should've stayed gone. She accomplished nothing. Throughout Marlena's rant, Kristen would keep silent. Taking it all in. Adding a few jabs in her Kristen-like manner, but taking all Marlena gives for the most part. And then, once Marlena is home, enjoying her victory over her worst enemy, we cut to a shot of Kristen boarding a jet where a baby awaits her. Her baby with Eric. Marlena's grandchild! Fade to black.
I agree. I mean, she RAPED a PRIEST. You can't whitewash that. She's clearly going to be busted. She's probably gonna RUN before she gets thrown in jail. Maybe fake her death.
oh they can whitewash it if they really want to. Even though what she did to Eric was horrible it's hardly the worst thing that a character has done on this show in the past decade. If worse can be done by someone else and they're seemingly forgiven then Kristen can be too. Although I don't want her to be forgiven I mean she doesn't even care about these people outside of Brady and her family. Why would she care if they forgive her or not?

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

NOOO :(

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

I really wish the title of this thread was "Alison Sweeney OUT" or "Shawn Christian leaving DAYS".

newlabone

how about getting michelle Stafford to play Kristen lol ? :sweet:

AFaithL

Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 03:06 PM
Pookie
Jul 31 2013, 01:36 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 31 2013, 12:34 PM
Initially, seeing the headline had me shocked. The shock wore off rather quickly though. Only seconds. The fact that DAYS got Davidson back at all trumps her exiting. And I have to agree with those saying that writing the character out after a year of wreaking havoc is the better choice. In the 90s, Davidson probably should've left a year before she did. However, Reilly's long, drawn out writing allowed her the show to continue using her longer. That writing no longer exists today. And after Kristen's latest act (raping Eric), I don't see how she could be redeemed after it's exposed. Years down the line, sure. But it could never be done right after the revelation.

I think had the show continued to write Kristen they way they were writing her when she first showed up, I would say that she still has a place on the show. Sure, she was still evil, but even having Brady attacked and planning to sleep with John isn't as bad as what she's done to Eric. But the audience was starting to get bored with Kristen back then. They wanted something bigger. It seems like they got it, and now we're heading towards her unavoidable exit.

As for what happens to Kristen, I don't want her to be presumed dead. Been there, done that. I would rather see Kristen exposed and deemed the town pariah with no choice but to leave Salem. Have one final showdown with Marlena before she leaves. Marlena telling Kristen that her return was pointless and she should've stayed gone. She accomplished nothing. Throughout Marlena's rant, Kristen would keep silent. Taking it all in. Adding a few jabs in her Kristen-like manner, but taking all Marlena gives for the most part. And then, once Marlena is home, enjoying her victory over her worst enemy, we cut to a shot of Kristen boarding a jet where a baby awaits her. Her baby with Eric. Marlena's grandchild! Fade to black.
I agree. I mean, she RAPED a PRIEST. You can't whitewash that. She's clearly going to be busted. She's probably gonna RUN before she gets thrown in jail. Maybe fake her death.
oh they can whitewash it if they really want to. Even though what she did to Eric was horrible it's hardly the worst thing that a character has done on this show in the past decade. If worse can be done by someone else and they're seemingly forgiven then Kristen can be too. Although I don't want her to be forgiven I mean she doesn't even care about these people outside of Brady and her family. Why would she care if they forgive her or not?
Having 4 year old Belle poisoned with candy (in an attempt to kill her) is much, much worse. Probably THE worst. Not to mention the two failed kidnappings/attempted murder of Marlena in 1996 and 1997. The Eric stuff was just campy with an attempt to embarrass him. Not deadly.
Edited by AFaithL, Jul 31 2013, 03:23 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Belle being poisoned was an accident not intentional. But that's not really what I mean. Kristen was never forgiven for that stuff.

EJ, Kate, Sami, Nicole, Victor, ect have all done some really bad crap but they still got forgiven or at the very least, tolerated.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 31 2013, 03:37 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 02:50 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Mitchapalooza
King

They could really make the majority of Days fans happy with the following and the majority can be done without putting too much thought into it.

-bring MA back
-fire SC
-bring a male in for Hope and pair Marlena off with someone...then bring John back, at least on recurring I think Drake would be appreciative and try to nail his scenes

I'd rather they bring Peter back. As a long-time viewer I just can't see anyone with Hope but Bo. It just wouldn't feel right for me. :shrug:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 31 2013, 03:41 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 02:50 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Mitchapalooza

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

-bring MA back
-fire SC

I'd rather they bring Peter back. As a long-time viewer I just can't see anyone with Hope but Bo. It just wouldn't feel right for me. :shrug:
I'd rather they bring him back after Hope has had some time to be with someone else. She can fall in love too and THEN he returns....it'll give Bope something meaty to deal with and unlike Hope who's loved another two women in some capacity over the years, Hope hasn't really been shown to love like that except for Bo.

ShaneDOOLFan

Mitchapalooza
Jul 31 2013, 01:44 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 01:40 PM
Ellie
Jul 31 2013, 10:54 AM
Sorry if this was posted already - but from Eileen's facebook

Eileen Davidson
Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left DOOL. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on DOOL this year.....

Eileen
From this it certainly seems that she was on for a one year contract at Days and Days decided not to renew, or she decided to leave Days and see if other options opened up.
This 100% sounds like it was her decision...not the shows.

I hope she returns in 3 months.
Exactly! Eileen made this decision, I have no doubt the show would have renewed her contract. The fact that we are all dissapointed is a sign that the show was doing something right. I am VERY glad that it was Eileen's decision to leave and take a break from acting. It really depends on how Kristen is written off as to whether or not she can really return. Im hoping to see her return 6 months to a year from now.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jul 31 2013, 03:54 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

At the risk of beating a dead horse here, but here goes. As far as we know from various sources, Drake hasn't been taping since around March. Not having John Black as part of Kristen's exit story is a huge, epic fail IMO. There's a small part of me that is holding out a little bit of hope we are being misled on purpose and we will see him in November. Otherwise, I just can't with this show. Kristen leaving town without John Black on canvas? Big WTF there.

chinkybig

Why do the wrong people either leave willingly or get shafted by the producers? There are so many people I'd like to see go away rather than her seriously.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Very sad to see her go. I'm a little worried about Deidre Hall's future without Eileen and Drake.

AFaithL

DAYSisHOT
Jul 31 2013, 05:17 PM
Very sad to see her go. I'm a little worried about Deidre Hall's future without Eileen and Drake.
Her contract is up this month. Any word of her re-signing? We know Kristian Alfonso did.

Marlena has 3 kids and 4 grand kids on the show. Even if they just use her as a prop, there is still plenty for her to do involving Brady, Sami, Eric, and Wll.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

She had 2 kids on the show when she was canned last time. Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Sad too see her go, but Maybe they can bring back Peter Blake!
Edited by LovinXtina, Jul 31 2013, 06:05 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

DS1126
Jul 31 2013, 06:04 PM
Sad too see her go, but Maybe they can bring back Peter Blake!
Well once JJ & Teresa are done being angst for Dannifer
they could use a little Peter Blake interfering in their lives

trojangal
Member Avatar

Sad but not surprised that ED is leaving the show. I got the impression last year when she started on Days her status was fluid no definite time frame.

mirabella

LovingDays
Jul 30 2013, 11:44 PM
Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:43 PM
We do need another villain.

Who?
the real Nicole
The real Elvis DiMera would do!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply