Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (27,310 Views)
Kansa
Member Avatar

:(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Now I am wondering about Nick. He also has a look alike.
Edited by MissLola, Jul 30 2013, 11:00 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Bullshit! The ONLY reason I stuck around after they killed off Nicole's baby & PR left was Eileen. This sucks! :flipoff:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, when she returned she did say her situation was "fluid." It's been a year. Honestly, I feel like this is for the best because after this story with Eric is over, where do you go? That would've been two huge schemes that were failures of her's and her latest scheme was very extreme that it would be hard for her to get one over on anyone in Salem or get redeemed. It may be best for the character to be rested because otherwise you pretty much have to soften her too much to keep her around and the audience doesn't want that. They want her to keep her edge. Villains and vixens are so much better when they are given rests every now and then so they aren't watered down. Bring them in, have them stir the pot, give them a rest, and bring them back with a triumphant return. Plus, it continues to suggest Days has a plan and when a character's run is up, they're done. I would rather a character get written out than for the show to go through hoops just to keep a character around. Characters always end up damaged when that happens.

Jason47
Member Avatar

PRESS RELEASE FROM JASON47 WITH ADDITIONAL INFO:

SoapOperaDigest.com has posted the exclusive that Eileen Davidson has wrapped up her one-year stint as Kristen Blake. She taped her last episode on July 16, so look for her final episode to air around the middle of November. Interestingly, the Kristen look-alike character whose casting call was announced earlier in the month had a first tape date of the week of July 22, so the two characters will not be appearing in the same scene (unless Eileen pre-taped scenes, such as on the phone, to air after mid-November). Ken Corday states: "The Kristen story wrap-up is just fantastic; she was just glorious." For more, please visit http://soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-eileen-davidson-days
Edited by Jason47, Jul 30 2013, 11:04 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Whoa, I did not see that coming at all. I thought she was still on contract until 2014?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 10:53 PM
Wow. That was abrupt. Very abrupt. There'd been no indication she was unhappy at all, had there?

Did something happen at home? Anywhere?
Agreed. There hasn't been any indication she was unhappy there.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Weather she goes back to work or continues simply being with her family, I wish ED all the best.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I'm gutted :(

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Although I'm utterly shocked and heartbroken about her departure I wish all the best to ED and her family.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

I think i'm probably about the only person not heartbroken about Eileen leaving, but I always felt that Eileen returning to Days forced other actors (farther) into the background in order to feature Kristen. I'm interested to see how the balance of airtime changes or does not after Kristen/Eileen's departure. (though, i'm sure there are 2 whose airtime and position won't change with her departure....)

AFaithL

Um, WTF....

Bring her back!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Classic
Jul 30 2013, 11:03 PM
Kriss4
Wow. That was abrupt. Very abrupt. There'd been no indication she was unhappy at all, had there?

Did something happen at home? Anywhere?
Agreed. There hasn't been any indication she was unhappy there.
she may not have been unhappy. she simply decided that after so many years of working so much, she wanted to take some time to just live life and enjoy her family.

LovingDays

please Eileen come back :(

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think she was unhappy. I believe this was the plan all along. Corday even makes it sound like it was in the quote, at least to me. Even if it wasn't the plan, they seemed to leave themselves outs so if she wanted to leave she could leave and it wouldn't hurt story too much.

Days has to do something tho because alot of the players that aided in the resurgence of the show are going to be gone. Eileen, Chandler, Camila...Days needs to get some players back to fill some holes. And Eileen, along with Blake Berris, really lit the show on fire and got it going so losing her right now is a loss because she brings an excitement that no one else brings.

concerned
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
Don't care what KC says. She'll be back taping on Y&R before she's done airing on DAYS.
I hope so.

Because if they pulled her out of her job at Y & R to use her and then dump her once they had finished with her up that's a bit rude.

Kenny
Member Avatar

As sad as I am about this, more than anything I'm just grateful to have had her back at all. I honestly never expected to see her on this show again so to have her back for even a day was a dream come true. To have her back for a whole year has been wonderful. She stuck around longer than I expected her to, and although I'm sure she'll end up on Y&R in no time (surely they won't be stupid enough to let her go again), maybe she'll be back again one day -- even for just a guest stint or two.

Hopefully she'll win the Emmy next year!

Alin89
Member Avatar

This will piss kenny and mitch for sure. It did for me she has brought life to this show. bye bye days.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 11:09 PM
I think i'm probably about the only person not heartbroken about Eileen leaving, but I always felt that Eileen returning to Days forced other actors (farther) into the background in order to feature Kristen. I'm interested to see how the balance of airtime changes or does not after Kristen/Eileen's departure. (though, i'm sure there are 2 whose airtime and position won't change with her departure....)
I actually think it may be worse. Marlena's minimal screen time has been pretty much tied to the Bristen/John/Kristen stuff for over 8 months so with both Kristen and John gone we may get Marlena in even smaller doses than we do now.

As for Hope and Abe they're wrapped up in the Sami s/l for the most part (with only Hope supposedly getting her own s/l soon) and from what we can tell from twitter pics the cast posts, Sami's legal drama should be done with by the fall. That leaves Sami and EJ freed up for even more airtime now.

Let's not even discuss Dannifer and the Theresa/JJ interlopers.
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 30 2013, 11:17 PM.

Kriss4

She gave some energy to the show.

As much as I appreciate that, though, I like what FOLLOWED her appearance. More cohesive writing, better utilization of the cast, storylines that have been planned out, umbrella storylines, the community feel. TPTB can still accomplish those things.

I am concerned. Not so much because she's leaving, but because several key members of the cast are leaving in the coming months.

That said, Marnie Saitta is an excellent casting director. She has a knack for finding talented performers.
Edited by Kriss4, Jul 30 2013, 11:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply