Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,565 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 4 2013, 03:07 PM
Rosebud
Aug 4 2013, 02:32 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 3 2013, 11:36 PM
I hope he stays single. I can't deal with Brady when he's "in love" anymore.
If John is gone, I don't see any reason for Brady to be around either. His only other real connection is to Victor, and that's hardly enough to keep him around. The sister he grew up with isn't around either.
I disagree Brady has connections with a lot of ppl in Salem.
I'm talking family and close relations. He barely regards Marlena as family, and his step sibs aren't the ones he grew up with or are genuinely close to. Just because they aged the character into his forties, which is bizarre to say the least, doesn't mean his connections are real connections. They are fake or reinvented. They don't reflect history, which this genre is suppose to be all about.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Aug 4 2013, 03:56 PM
blueskies
Rosebud
Panda Panda
If John is gone, I don't see any reason for Brady to be around either. His only other real connection is to Victor, and that's hardly enough to keep him around. The sister he grew up with isn't around either.
I'm talking family and close relations. He barely regards Marlena as family, and his step sibs aren't the ones he grew up with or are genuinely close to. Just because they aged the character into his forties, which is bizarre to say the least, doesn't mean his connections are real connections. They are fake or reinvented. They don't reflect history, which this genre is suppose to be all about.
technically, Hope & Ciara are family, as are Sami, Eric, all of Sami's kids, & Arianna Grace. i guess Maggie & Taniel are family as well, since Victor's married to Maggie.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Panda Panda
Brady's been around since 2008. He was in Salem when both John and Marlena weren't and he did just fine (well...) on his own. Like, I know Salem is a genetic cesspool but I'm pretty sure Brady can have connections to the town that doesn't involve family. Even though he'll have Eric, Will, Maggie, Victor, Sami, and Marlena there with him.
Edited by Panda Panda, Aug 4 2013, 05:51 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Rosebud
blueskies
Rosebud
Panda Panda
how do we know he isn't genuinely close to them? He may not have grown up with Eric and Sami, but it certainly seems as though they're close now, especially him and Eric. My sister is 13yrs younger than me & I live 7hrs away and that doesn't diminish our relationship as less than genuine.

And I don't agree about him barely regarding Marlena as family. He may not call her mom, but before all this happened with Kristen, they were close.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Alright so after Kristen leaves Brady's options are officially (single or otherwise, ignoring only those related),

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

I think that's it. Obviously most will never happen (Marlena, Caroline, Maggie). I don't think he has chemistry with Kate Mansi. Anne & Maxine will probably never get love interests, and Hope's still married unless they kill off Bo. So Brady has a whole four people to choose from (not including Abby). Jen, Gabi, Kate, and Nicole.

And this is why having a dearth of 30something women is so wrong.

Oh wait! Jordan is coming to the show. For Rafe though sadly it seems...

camera shy

blueskies
Aug 4 2013, 05:40 PM
Alright so after Kristen leaves Brady's options are officially (single or otherwise, ignoring only those related),

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

I think that's it. Obviously most will never happen (Marlena, Caroline, Maggie). I don't think he has chemistry with Kate Mansi. Anne & Maxine will probably never get love interests, and Hope's still married unless they kill off Bo. So Brady has a whole four people to choose from (not including Abby). Jen, Gabi, Kate, and Nicole.

You know I always thought he should have been a little attracted to Gabi since he once was in love with her sister and maybe something about Gabi reminded him about Arianna. And what about Theresa? She's not blood related to him and she's suppose to be about twenty-six.....I think Abby said something about her being ten years older than JJ.....and they do have drug use in common. :D
Edited by camera shy, Aug 4 2013, 06:23 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 4 2013, 06:19 PM
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

You know I always thought he should have been a little attracted to Gabi since he once was in love with her sister and maybe something about Gabi reminded him about Arianna. And what about Theresa? She's not blood related to him and she's suppose to be about twenty-six.....I think Abby said something about her being ten years older than JJ.....and they do have drug use in common. :D
I wish they weren't related, but Santeen retconned them and now Brady and Theresa are 2nd cousins. Granted it's legal, but still...

camera shy

blueskies
Aug 4 2013, 06:29 PM
camera shy
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

I wish they weren't related, but Santeen retconned them and now Brady and Theresa are 2nd cousins. Granted it's legal, but still...
Oh that's right, they went and made John a Brady. And I know she adopted, but Kristen is John's niece and Brady's first cousin.....ick.
Edited by camera shy, Aug 4 2013, 06:36 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 4 2013, 06:34 PM
blueskies
camera shy
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

Oh that's right, they went and made John a Brady. And I know she adopted, but Kristen is John's niece and Brady's first cousin.....ick.
she was Tony's sister, i don't think it gets closer than that, lol.

given the limited # of ppl in Salem though, I've given up on caring abt ppl who are related through adoption/marriage, dating each other.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 4 2013, 08:19 PM
camera shy
Aug 4 2013, 06:34 PM
blueskies
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
she was Tony's sister, i don't think it gets closer than that, lol.

given the limited # of ppl in Salem though, I've given up on caring abt ppl who are related through adoption/marriage, dating each other.
You can cross Gabi off because Camila Banus is leaving too.

am103
Member Avatar

blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate
I'm officially a Brady/Caroline shipper. Bradiline FTW!

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 4 2013, 10:49 PM
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate
Braggie is a better shipper name.

And it puts Maggie in the running to win that coveted 3 generations title.

am103
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 4 2013, 11:19 PM
am103
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

Maggie makes me want to tear my eyes out these days. I'll pass, lol.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

I wish they would do some kind of a Toscano story for Brady -- I know Isabella turned out to be Victor's daughter but there was a lot of history there.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 4 2013, 04:14 PM
Rosebud
blueskies
Rosebud

technically, Hope & Ciara are family, as are Sami, Eric, all of Sami's kids, & Arianna Grace. i guess Maggie & Taniel are family as well, since Victor's married to Maggie.
If you read my post, I never said that he didn't have family, just that they aren't close as in people he has interacted with for years and years. They recast him with a forty year old actor and then tried to connect him to people like Eric whom he didn't grow up with. But if you were a new viewer you would think he was very close with Marlena's children with Roman, as though he grew up with them. He even seems older than them which is crazy. It's so irritating when a character born in 1992 is suddenly in his early forties, then they bring back Jeanie and she's, what, nineteen or twenty? :drunk:

My point really is that they have a forty year old Brady so they want to get rid of John so that nobody will notice or care how crazy old Brady shouldn't be. They take John off canvas so that people will forget that Brady's having sex with a woman who wanted with all her heart to be his Mother. :drunk:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Aug 4 2013, 05:06 PM
Rosebud
Panda Panda
Brady's been around since 2008. He was in Salem when both John and Marlena weren't and he did just fine (well...) on his own. Like, I know Salem is a genetic cesspool but I'm pretty sure Brady can have connections to the town that doesn't involve family. Even though he'll have Eric, Will, Maggie, Victor, Sami, and Marlena there with him.
He was also gone for years and I know I didn't miss him.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 4 2013, 05:08 PM
How do we know he isn't genuinely close to them? He may not have grown up with Eric and Sami, but it certainly seems as though they're close now, especially him and Eric. My sister is 13yrs younger than me & I live 7hrs away and that doesn't diminish our relationship as less than genuine.

And I don't agree about him barely regarding Marlena as family. He may not call her mom, but before all this happened with Kristen, they were close.
I have a brother 14 years younger and we're very close. Not sure what that has to do with soap opera land. I'm talking about on screen character closeness/connection. I am not denying that he has family or that the writers have created a closeness that didn't exist ON SCREEN until they decided to create it. Wallah, suddenly Brady and Eric are as close as though they've been there for each other always, which didn't happen on screen in any way shape or form.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Aug 5 2013, 12:24 AM
I wish they would do some kind of a Toscano story for Brady -- I know Isabella turned out to be Victor's daughter but there was a lot of history there.
I like that idea.

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 4 2013, 11:58 PM
concerned
am103
blueskies

Jennifer
Abby
Gabi
Hope
Maggie
Nicole
Caroline
Marlena
Anne
Maxine
Kate

If she hooks up with Brady she'll probably be off the show within 6 months.

It might be win win for all of us.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

concerned
Aug 5 2013, 01:03 AM
am103
Aug 4 2013, 11:58 PM
concerned
am103

If she hooks up with Brady she'll probably be off the show within 6 months.

It might be win win for all of us.
Not for me. Both Maggie and Jennifer, in my opinion, can be redeemed in the long-run if Daniel is eliminated from the picture.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply