Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (27,882 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

Casey
Aug 5 2013, 01:11 AM
concerned
Aug 5 2013, 01:03 AM
am103
Aug 4 2013, 11:58 PM
concerned
Aug 4 2013, 11:19 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maggie makes me want to tear my eyes out these days. I'll pass, lol.
If she hooks up with Brady she'll probably be off the show within 6 months.

It might be win win for all of us.
Not for me. Both Maggie and Jennifer, in my opinion, can be redeemed in the long-run if Daniel is eliminated from the picture.
Same here. Jennifer and Maggie are both great characters when they're not obsessing over Daniel. That much has been proven in the past couple of months the way Jennifer comes to life in scenes with JJ and other people. Maggie, however, has been obsessing over Daniel for almost two years now, so it's hard to tell with her. I did see a glimpse of the old Maggie in the scenes where Nick confessed his prison rape to her. So, like you said, there is still hope for Jennifer and Maggie. They just have to get rid of Daniel.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jen can be, not Maggie for me. Granted I never really liked her o begin with. Replace her airtime with Julie I'll be much happier.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Whenever someone starts discussing how a character has no family connection and therefore, may not be relevant, I always go back to Marlena.......when she was introduced, she had no connection except being Mickey's psychiatrist. Now, granted, the writing was better back then, but still.....Brady can be relevant if they chose to make it so.He always has his addiction storylines, and I'm sure there were the Chloe years in Switzerland or wherever that can come back to haunt him, especially considering the addiction he supposedly went through. If people in my town who didn't have close family connections were eliminated, that would be me, LOL. So, it's sort of nice not to have this continual incestual thing going on. They just have to CHOOSE to make it work.Now, whether they CHOOSE to make it work remains to be seen.

six
Member Avatar

Nobody who was born on the show legitimately has decades-old bonds with their relatives, so Brady's just as connected to his family as everyone else is, imo. ITA that there's plenty for him to do. Now that you mention Chloe, LotL, it's reminded me that EM and NB did have a bit of chemistry.

Graceland
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 4 2013, 07:24 AM
Graceland
Aug 2 2013, 10:15 PM
Eileen is certainly getting the message now. I hope she recalls this when she's ready to work again -- remember the show that not only gave her the best material, but had such a massive appreciative response from viewers. Critics and viewers are still having meltdowns. I'm all for shorter story arcs. I would love Kristen to return, with her first scene featuring a "proper" reveal such as turning around in a swivel chair in an office, shocking someone like Marlena. We really need to find out what the big exit is before coming up with some ideas though.

I started my Facebook page the moment it was announced that Eileen had been axed from "Y&R." It was to petition the show to bring Kristen back. Now, the show will probably be more than interested in having Kristen return, and the person that will decide if that happens is Eileen. Can't petition her. lol

Do you think we didn't get anymore promotional photos because the show knew that she was leaving? We got two photos of her in the green top, one feature her with Brady. Then we got a small one of her against the glass on the hospital set, and then we got that red dress diva pose. That was it. It's starting to all make sense now.

Did anyone know that in the last 7 years, "Y&R" has gone through 5 head writers?!
That's the norm for promo pics. That has nothing to do with this.

Technically Days has gone through send head writers in seven years. JER/Milstein/Sheffer/"Mark" Higley/Dena/MarDar/TomSell
Since 2010, can you post the timeline of writing teams?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 5 2013, 04:39 PM
lysie
Aug 4 2013, 07:24 AM
Graceland
Aug 2 2013, 10:15 PM
Eileen is certainly getting the message now. I hope she recalls this when she's ready to work again -- remember the show that not only gave her the best material, but had such a massive appreciative response from viewers. Critics and viewers are still having meltdowns. I'm all for shorter story arcs. I would love Kristen to return, with her first scene featuring a "proper" reveal such as turning around in a swivel chair in an office, shocking someone like Marlena. We really need to find out what the big exit is before coming up with some ideas though.

I started my Facebook page the moment it was announced that Eileen had been axed from "Y&R." It was to petition the show to bring Kristen back. Now, the show will probably be more than interested in having Kristen return, and the person that will decide if that happens is Eileen. Can't petition her. lol

Do you think we didn't get anymore promotional photos because the show knew that she was leaving? We got two photos of her in the green top, one feature her with Brady. Then we got a small one of her against the glass on the hospital set, and then we got that red dress diva pose. That was it. It's starting to all make sense now.

Did anyone know that in the last 7 years, "Y&R" has gone through 5 head writers?!
That's the norm for promo pics. That has nothing to do with this.

Technically Days has gone through send head writers in seven years. JER/Milstein/Sheffer/"Mark" Higley/Dena/MarDar/TomSell
Since 2010, can you post the timeline of writing teams?
Here's a list of all the writers:

https://sites.google.com/site/jason47days/writers

Here's since 2010:
Dena Higley...........................................1/25/08*-8/25/11.......10748-11659 (912 episodes)
Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr.......8/26/11-8/16/12.........11660-11898 (239 episodes)
Gary Tomlin & Christopher Whitesell....8/17/12-Present..........11899-Present (243 episodes as of today, 8/5/13)

*Higley's start date is listed as 1/25/08, although she was not credited on-screen until 4/23/08.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

six
Aug 5 2013, 03:07 PM
Nobody who was born on the show legitimately has decades-old bonds with their relatives, so Brady's just as connected to his family as everyone else is, imo. ITA that there's plenty for him to do. Now that you mention Chloe, LotL, it's reminded me that EM and NB did have a bit of chemistry.
I think there's tons of story but my question is...would it really be interesting to watch?

Sometimes a character/actor pops. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm thinking that at this point Brady is in the camp of "doesn't work," for reasons I can't quite pinpoint. As much as people are saying there's too many leaving at once, I kind of think Brady needs to be rested (or at least recast). Nothing against the actor, I just think it's time to pull the plug, move on. At least for a few months.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Jason47
Aug 5 2013, 07:04 PM

Here's since 2010:
Dena Higley...........................................1/25/08*-8/25/11.......10748-11659 (912 episodes)
912 episodes too long.

thepadange

Dreamy
Aug 1 2013, 06:46 PM
From the that interview, my impression was she will be back on DAYS again & not Y&R. IMO
Idk. There were some more interviews with ED published in June and based on them I would say she will go to Y&R if they ask (maybe they already did it after this TV guide interview). She was speaking about doing double duty a lot then. And given that the Days schedule alone is too exhausting for the actress I doubt it was actually about doing both soaps.
I think both shows could use her talent. It's however very interesting what's SONY's position in all this because they own both shows. It was the TPTB at Sony who terminated her Y&R contract (after Y&R refused to "share" the actress with Days) so she could return to Days 2012. And it was a very smart decision on their part, it helped Days a lot. I wonder how they see it now - is she needed on both soaps or is she needed on Days more than on Y&R.
I would prefer the latter, LOL :).

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 6 2013, 02:32 AM
Dreamy
From the that interview, my impression was she will be back on DAYS again & not Y&R. IMO
Idk. There were some more interviews with ED published in June and based on them I would say she will go to Y&R if they ask (maybe they already did it after this TV guide interview). She was speaking about doing double duty a lot then. And given that the Days schedule alone is too exhausting for the actress I doubt it was actually about doing both soaps.
I think both shows could use her talent. It's however very interesting what's SONY's position in all this because they own both shows. It was the TPTB at Sony who terminated her Y&R contract (after Y&R refused to "share" the actress with Days) so she could return to Days 2012. And it was a very smart decision on their part, it helped Days a lot. I wonder how they see it now - is she needed on both soaps or is she needed on Days more than on Y&R.
Yeah, that's basically what I figure too. We'll see what happens, maybe she is trying to deal directly with Sony for a contract that will let her do both, but I won't be shocked if she just goes back to YR.

six
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 6 2013, 01:01 AM
six
Aug 5 2013, 03:07 PM
I think there's tons of story but my question is...would it really be interesting to watch?

Sometimes a character/actor pops. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm thinking that at this point Brady is in the camp of "doesn't work," for reasons I can't quite pinpoint. As much as people are saying there's too many leaving at once, I kind of think Brady needs to be rested (or at least recast). Nothing against the actor, I just think it's time to pull the plug, move on. At least for a few months.
Personally, I enjoyed Brady and bristen very much this year, so he's working just fine for me. I wouldn't be opposed to him leaving town for a couple of months though, not because the character is a failure, but because he's been front and center for awhile and Kristen's exit could provide a natural reason for him to leave the canvas.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I do agree that Kristen is the kind of character that is hard to keep on for a long time, hard for DAYS anyway, because they don't think ahead very long-term as I see it. But I really like Eileen and think she's one of the best actors on the show. I didn't like everything about her plot, some of the details were off, but I did like the general gist of certain flourishes. I wish she had a better acting partner to work off of than Eric Martsolf, and what I wanted most was for her to struggle for domination against EJ, I would've loved to see her wipe the floor with him instead. They've never had any bonding time, why should two competitive schemers like them get along? That was what I wanted most from Kristen, a war between her and EJ. My complaints about her story aside, it was hardly my least favorite part of the show. I hope Eileen can come back some day, I wish her well and hope this move makes her happy. I also wonder how much of John and Marlena we will see after she leaves.

rae

DesignatedShelley
Aug 6 2013, 11:50 AM
I do agree that Kristen is the kind of character that is hard to keep on for a long time, hard for DAYS anyway, because they don't think ahead very long-term as I see it. But I really like Eileen and think she's one of the best actors on the show. I didn't like everything about her plot, some of the details were off, but I did like the general gist of certain flourishes. I wish she had a better acting partner to work off of than Eric Martsolf, and what I wanted most was for her to struggle for domination against EJ, I would've loved to see her wipe the floor with him instead. They've never had any bonding time, why should two competitive schemers like them get along? That was what I wanted most from Kristen, a war between her and EJ. My complaints about her story aside, it was hardly my least favorite part of the show. I hope Eileen can come back some day, I wish her well and hope this move makes her happy. I also wonder how much of John and Marlena we will see after she leaves.
We hardly saw John and Marlena when she was on and now Drake is just gone....no explanation. Such great writing....

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

rae
Aug 6 2013, 12:33 PM
We hardly saw John and Marlena when she was on and now Drake is just gone....no explanation. Such great writing....
I know, but there's "hardly" and then there's "never". But point taken.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Even though I don't believe for a second that it was solely Kristen being in town that gave John and Marlena screen time and a story line. I just want to say that if she hadn't come back and started trouble then the chances of those two getting all the time they got may not have happened. They may have been still together but there's no guarantee that they would be used frequently and judging by DHer's facebook photos she's going to be used A LOT in the upcoming months (or maybe weeks?). And honestly, I think the writers just wanted to break John & Marlena up (even temporarily) no matter who they had to use.

Once Kristen is gone it'll be interesting to see how they'll try to keep Marlena on screen more. Maybe she can share a story with Eric? I would love that!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 6 2013, 06:35 AM
thepadange
Aug 6 2013, 02:32 AM
Dreamy
Yeah, that's basically what I figure too. We'll see what happens, maybe she is trying to deal directly with Sony for a contract that will let her do both, but I won't be shocked if she just goes back to YR.

There is just no real story for ED as Ashley on Y&R though.

six
Member Avatar

The head of CBS daytime tweeted this today:

"Dedicating the song "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners to @eileen_davidson! #YR #AshleyAbbott"

https://twitter.com/AngelicaMcD/status/364829751191412736

Which is kind of random, unless it's a hint, although it would be no surprise that some over there want her back.
Edited by six, Aug 6 2013, 03:38 PM.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

six
Aug 6 2013, 03:37 PM

"Dedicating the song "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners to @eileen_davidson! #YR #AshleyAbbott"

Which is kind of random, unless it's a hint, although it would be no surprise that some over there want her back.
Ugh. Y&R doesn't deserve her. They treated her like crap. I hope she gives them a big :flipoff: .

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Aug 6 2013, 03:37 PM

As unshocked as I am, it's still rather depressing to see as a Days fan.

Mason

Sable Colby
Aug 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Ugh. Y&R doesn't deserve her. They treated her like crap. I hope she gives them a big :flipoff: .
I'm no supporter of Jill Farren Phelps, but neither she nor Josh Griffith have done a thing to Eileen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply