Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (27,291 Views)
Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Mason
Aug 6 2013, 05:23 PM
Sable Colby
Aug 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Ugh. Y&R doesn't deserve her. They treated her like crap. I hope she gives them a big :flipoff: .
I'm no supporter of Jill Farren Phelps, but neither she nor Josh Griffith have done a thing to Eileen.
I don't blame the current regime at Y&R (even though I do blame JFP for about a million other crimes against soap operas). I guess I should say that CBS Daytime doesn't deserve her. I just don't think they've treated ED very well the last few years storyline-wise and then letting her go in 2006 and again in 2012.
Edited by Sable Colby, Aug 6 2013, 05:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Sable Colby
Aug 6 2013, 05:42 PM
Mason
Aug 6 2013, 05:23 PM
Sable Colby
Aug 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Ugh. Y&R doesn't deserve her. They treated her like crap. I hope she gives them a big :flipoff: .
I'm no supporter of Jill Farren Phelps, but neither she nor Josh Griffith have done a thing to Eileen.
I don't blame the current regime at Y&R (even though I do blame JFP for about a million other crimes against soap operas). I guess I should say that CBS Daytime doesn't deserve her, I just don't think they've treated her very well the last few years--letting her go in 2006 and then again in 2012.
And how many actors have come back to this show after being mistreated by it? To work for the same man who fired them multiple occasions in the past? I don't recall there being much righteous indignation in those instances.

tylerbo20

She will be back at snooze fest yr by Halloween

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Aug 6 2013, 03:37 PM
The head of CBS daytime tweeted this today:

"Dedicating the song "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners to @eileen_davidson! #YR #AshleyAbbott"

https://twitter.com/AngelicaMcD/status/364829751191412736

Which is kind of random, unless it's a hint, although it would be no surprise that some over there want her back.
A few other people at/connected to Y&R have tweeted it too. Betting next 2 weeks we hear from SOD she's back there. I also doubt Sony-Days can pull that stunt again & not renew her contract at YR, so unless YR decides to share (and she agrees) this is prob it.
Edited by blueskies, Aug 6 2013, 08:44 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Its all in SONY's hands I guess. ED deserves better so I wish all the best to her even if she goes back to Y&R. As a DAYS fan, I will be disappointed but it was nice to see "Kristen" again.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I wish I could be Eileen Davidson. Leave one job, have the other tweeting what seems to be an offer for your old job back. Have fans on both sides clamoring for you (us Days fans for over a decade). All in an industry that tosses dozens of people aside, especially women over a certain age.

I'm kind of amazed she's not more full of herself, or at least she's never come off that way to me in interviews. I know I'd be struttin' around like I was the best thing ever if people were acting like I kinda was.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Y&R will treat her like wallpaper. That show will never give her meaty material. Days gave her material any actor would kill to receive. Y&R will no doubt not allow her to do both shows like Days was willing to give her.

Wait though, wasn't Sony the one who demanded her contract be cancelled because they felt Days needed her more? If so, why would they let her go back to Y&R now??

I hope Eileen can still get an Emmy nom next year. I don't know if that's ever occurred before -- an actor nominated after having been off a show awhile before the awards ceremony.

thepadange

Graceland
Aug 7 2013, 05:35 AM
Y&R will treat her like wallpaper. That show will never give her meaty material. Days gave her material any actor would kill to receive. Y&R will no doubt not allow her to do both shows like Days was willing to give her.

Wait though, wasn't Sony the one who demanded her contract be cancelled because they felt Days needed her more? If so, why would they let her go back to Y&R now??

I hope Eileen can still get an Emmy nom next year. I don't know if that's ever occurred before -- an actor nominated after having been off a show awhile before the awards ceremony.
Yes, it was SONY who terminated her contract in 2012 and they also arranged her brief return to Y&R in 2013. However, she is not a slave and they can't force the actress to work on Days if she doesn't want to because of the schedule and workload interfering with her personal life even if TPTB at SONY see (and I hope they do) that she is more needed there.

It looks like it couldn't be so difficult to come to an agreement - for example, Days could offer a financially acceptable contract with significantly less number of episodes (maybe with some months off) and allow her go for some story arcs on Y&R. That would be good for both shows. So if I was TPTB at Sony ;) ...., but I'm not :unsure: :unsure: Who knows how it works in this industry. Personally, I have no idea.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 7 2013, 06:41 AM
Graceland

Yes, it was SONY who terminated her contract in 2012 and they also arranged her brief return to Y&R in 2013. However, she is not a slave and they can't force the actress to work on Days if she doesn't want to because of the schedule and workload interfering with her personal life even if TPTB at SONY see (and I hope they do) that she is more needed there.

It looks like it couldn't be so difficult to come to an agreement - for example, Days could offer a financially acceptable contract with significantly less number of episodes (maybe with some months off) and allow her go for some story arcs on Y&R. That would be good for both shows. So if I was TPTB at Sony ;) ...., but I'm not :unsure: :unsure: Who knows how it works in this industry. Personally, I have no idea.
yeah, i mean, i suppose they could still do whatever they want at Sony, but even if they don't allow her to go back to YR, there's no reason she'd have to then go to Days. She played their game & did what they wanted so at this point if Sony continued to play games I'd feel really bad for her.

Graceland
Member Avatar

This is what I was getting at - Sony could say it's "Days" or nothing, right? I know they can't force her to stay at "Days," but they definitely wanted her there and not on Y&R.

Is Sony somehow in control of the financial aspect of the show? How come they haven't had the same hand in "Days" as NBC does? Why haven't they gotten involved in "Days," making sure the decisions made keep the show on the air? I mean, they forced Eileen out at Y&R because they felt "Days" needed her for ratings, right? Are they agreeing to contracts at "Days" as well? Do they get the final say as to whether an actor returns or not?

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Graceland
I don't know if that's ever occurred before -- an actor nominated after having been off a show awhile before the awards ceremony.
Yes, it's happened before.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DS1126
Aug 4 2013, 10:25 AM
Supergirlx2
Aug 4 2013, 02:01 AM
TreasureCove
Aug 4 2013, 01:36 AM
And once she started taking the pills, she kept taking them because she was physically exhausted every morning and thought they would fix the problem by giving her a good night's sleep. She didn't realize that she was so tired because she was up half the night playing little bunny Foo-Foo.
as i recall, she did stop taking them for a while before she started up again.
there were many parts of the whole Bo/Hope/Carly shell story that i disliked (Bo's OOC behavior being one of the main issues), but they really did do a good job of creating this "NT Hope" persona that fed off of Hope's internalized anger. the reveal scenes were really well done, and Hope's "i'm not gonna use the pills as an excuse" attitude was actually true to character. how Kristian didn't get the nomination for these, i don't understand. (at least she got a pre-nom.)
(of course, i don't get how a certain someone's "detox" scenes got them a nomination either....)
Because Crystal Chappell did a great job in those scenes!
Good job? If flailing yourself around on a bed and overacting to the point of laughable embarassment is good...than I guess anyone truly could get a nomination.

CC was nominated because of her name and recognition only.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 7 2013, 09:12 AM
This is what I was getting at - Sony could say it's "Days" or nothing, right? I know they can't force her to stay at "Days," but they definitely wanted her there and not on Y&R.

Is Sony somehow in control of the financial aspect of the show? How come they haven't had the same hand in "Days" as NBC does? Why haven't they gotten involved in "Days," making sure the decisions made keep the show on the air? I mean, they forced Eileen out at Y&R because they felt "Days" needed her for ratings, right? Are they agreeing to contracts at "Days" as well? Do they get the final say as to whether an actor returns or not?
Sony wanted ED on both shows but the head honchos over at Y&R refused to share so Sony fired ED from one show and added her to the other.

Even if Y&R decides to ask her back (and she goes) I'm sure they would willing to share this time around if/when Days comes calling her again. Otherwise Sony could do the same thing they did before.

In any case, I hope ED enjoys her time off from soaps with her family.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Quote:

In any case, I hope ED enjoys her time off from soaps with her family.

I agree, I hope that too. I think ED really wanted to spend time with her family & that is understandable!

Becki

Mitchapalooza
Aug 7 2013, 12:32 PM
DS1126
Supergirlx2
TreasureCove
Aug 4 2013, 01:36 AM
And once she started taking the pills, she kept taking them because she was physically exhausted every morning and thought they would fix the problem by giving her a good night's sleep. She didn't realize that she was so tired because she was up half the night playing little bunny Foo-Foo.
as i recall, she did stop taking them for a while before she started up again.
there were many parts of the whole Bo/Hope/Carly shell story that i disliked (Bo's OOC behavior being one of the main issues), but they really did do a good job of creating this "NT Hope" persona that fed off of Hope's internalized anger. the reveal scenes were really well done, and Hope's "i'm not gonna use the pills as an excuse" attitude was actually true to character. how Kristian didn't get the nomination for these, i don't understand. (at least she got a pre-nom.)
(of course, i don't get how a certain someone's "detox" scenes got them a nomination either....)
Good job? If flailing yourself around on a bed and overacting to the point of laughable embarassment is good...than I guess anyone truly could get a nomination.

I was addicted to Percocet for years, due to a back injury. Withdrawal is Hell. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. That said Crystal did amazing in her scenes. In real life, withdrawal is worse that what CC acted out on screen. Withdrawal is a big reasons why addicts, whether it be pills, alcohol,etc cannot stop. Withdrawals can actually cause seziures and can stress your heart and kill you. So that being said, I don't think she was over acting.

Graceland
Member Avatar

CBS Soaps In Depth's new issue's cover has a photo of Eileen and says "Out at Days! In At Y&R?" Okay, has anyone read it yet? Did they get inside word that she's returning? I'm guessing if that were the case, we would have heard that by now.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Becki
Aug 9 2013, 06:27 PM
Mitchapalooza
Aug 7 2013, 12:32 PM
DS1126
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I was addicted to Percocet for years, due to a back injury. Withdrawal is Hell. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. That said Crystal did amazing in her scenes. In real life, withdrawal is worse that what CC acted out on screen. Withdrawal is a big reasons why addicts, whether it be pills, alcohol,etc cannot stop. Withdrawals can actually cause seziures and can stress your heart and kill you. So that being said, I don't think she was over acting.
Exactly she wasn't overacting that how people are when they are going through withdrawals.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Since basically all the Dimera's are leaving, I wonder if they're going to bring any other Dimera's back. All were going to be left with is EJ. Maybe Peter Blake, Andre Dimera, Tony Dimera, Megan Hathaway?? Hopefully they bring back one of these people even if that does mean they have to bring them back from the dead.
Edited by LovinXtina, Aug 9 2013, 09:17 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Bengy's still out there too, isn't he? He can make a comeback.

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Aug 9 2013, 09:12 PM
Bengy's still out there too, isn't he? He can make a comeback.
I know I just didn't feel like listing all of them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply