Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,290 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I have such mixed emotions about this. I actually think it's a good thing when the real villains come and go. It allows them to remain as true villains without being redeemed so they can eat chowder at the pub. This gives Kristen the chance to go out in the blaze of glory that is worthy of one of Days' best villains of all time. On the other hand, I will miss her greatly. ED makes Kristen so much fun to watch.

Once she exits, I hope they bring in another great villain who can stir up shit in Salem for a year just like Kristen did. Andre anyone???
Edited by tomsawyer, Jul 30 2013, 11:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I wish ED the best,but I am not sad at all to see Kritter bitch go.

Ellie

Wonder if the look a like(s) are to finish off the story for those characters. I don't know if Blake is leaving - this is just a total guess.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson
You're all so awesome! I didn't get fired. My family is fine. Thanks for your love and support! xoxoxo

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I didn't like what the show became in featuring her so much... not sure it will be any better without her, but I'm still okay with this.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm very interested in SOD this week now because this blurb seems to indicated Corday may have some sort of interview addressing the show in general. I'm guessing he's addressing cast changes, most notably the exits of Massey/Banus/Deidrick/and now Davidson.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 30 2013, 11:18 PM
You're all so awesome! I didn't get fired. My family is fine. Thanks for your love and support! xoxoxo
to me this means Days was offering her practically nothing to stay. Or (my hope) this is all a red herring to Kristen's return in lets say February.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 30 2013, 11:16 PM
I have such mixed emotions about this. I actually think it's a good thing when the real villains come and go. It allows them to remain as true villains without being redeemed so they can eat chowder at the pub. This gives Kristen to go out in the blaze of glory that is worthy of one of Days' best villains of all time. On the other hand, I will miss her greatly.

Once she exits, I hope they bring in another great villain who can stir up shit in Salem for a year just like Kristen did. Andre anyone???
If they brought Tondre back AFTER Kristen left town I would cry for like a month.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jul 30 2013, 11:16 PM
Wonder if the look a like(s) are to finish off the story for those characters. I don't know if Blake is leaving - this is just a total guess.
idk now the lookalike makes no sense to me. if she's already gone from the show, why bother with a lookalike? Unless Kristen leaves b/c the Eric thing gets found out, then Stefano hires this woman to take the fall to try to get her back but she won't? idk...spinning hay right now.

Daysofold

DJsMommy
Jul 30 2013, 11:01 PM
Bullshit! The ONLY reason I stuck around after they killed off Nicole's baby & PR left was Eileen. This sucks! :flipoff:

Not surprised. Corday ALWAYS manages to screw things up.

AFaithL

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:20 PM
Matt
to me this means Days was offering her practically nothing to stay. Or (my hope) this is all a red herring to Kristen's return in lets say February.
I hope they just "rest" Kristen for 3 months and then bring her back. This show NEEDS her. I am very angry at this development!!!

Nate
Member Avatar

NONONONONONONONONONO OMFG NO

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:20 PM
Matt
I don't see how you can conclude that from her tweet. To me, it just indicates this is nothing but her run is done. All is fine. It backs up the idea that this was the plan all along or was something the show and/or Eileen felt would be the case all along IMO. This just seems very clean and without controversy to me.

Romancer66

Supergirlx2
Jul 30 2013, 11:09 PM
I think i'm probably about the only person not heartbroken about Eileen leaving, but I always felt that Eileen returning to Days forced other actors (farther) into the background in order to feature Kristen. I'm interested to see how the balance of airtime changes or does not after Kristen/Eileen's departure. (though, i'm sure there are 2 whose airtime and position won't change with her departure....)
The drugging/raping of Eric took Kristen a bit too far for any kind of believable redemption, so I'm not overly surprised to hear that the character is being written out (November sweeps exit would be my guess). And ED may only have committed to a year with the show in any case. It's a pity in that DAYS could use a strong villain in his/her prime, as age has blunted both Stefano and Victor's fangs. But it'll be interesting to see who comes on in the wake of all these exits--not just ED, but CD, CB, CM, and BB as well.

DAYS' four-months-ahead taping schedule continues to be MADE OF FAIL.

Nate
Member Avatar

DAYS is just stupid to let Eileen go. She really has made the show good again. I cannot believe this.

Kriss4

Who would you want back, if you could have your wish?

We're losing several cast members in the coming months. Good performers. Well liked. Some characters might be recasted.

Maybe others will fill a hole or two.

Shawn and Belle? Philip?

Nate
Member Avatar

So her final airdate will be mid November?

eyebrowns

I'm so thankful for her stint on the show! I literally think she saved the show and I'm so glad the writers didn't eff her over like they did with Vivian. I just wish she could have stayed for at least one more year... :( But the leave sounds amicable and I really do hope she comes back! She's just too amazing not to be on TV.

But I do hope we get some other big past names coming back to ease me through this... :drunk:
Edited by eyebrowns, Jul 30 2013, 11:29 PM.

LovingDays

Nate
Jul 30 2013, 11:28 PM
So her final airdate will be mid November?
Yup :'(

Jason47
Member Avatar

eyebrowns
Jul 30 2013, 11:29 PM
But I do hope we get some other big past names coming back to ease me through this... :drunk:
Well, Eileen last taped July 16 and Patsy Pease first taped on July 17, so at least there will be that return to look forward to!
Edited by Jason47, Jul 30 2013, 11:58 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply