Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (27,897 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jul 30 2013, 11:30 PM
Nate
Jul 30 2013, 11:28 PM
So her final airdate will be mid November?
Yup :'(
Yes, always use the "four month" approach when figuring out an airdate. Eileen's last date was July 16, so November 15 would be right around her final airdate (November 16 is a Saturday).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Kristen could pull a Chloe, get some therapy, and come back in a few months. I am PISSED.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

While I'm sad for her to go so soon I can't help but to feel it was kind of inevitable. Since Kristen has been back in town her character has always seemed in flux. No real direction, no lasting ties, or no grounded reason to stay in Salem so I was wondering what they planned to do with her character after the Bristen Wedding and now the Eric thing. So the next few months should be interesting at least and it seems that Kristen and Chad leave around the same time (If there's no recast for his character yet).
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 30 2013, 11:42 PM.

Ellie

Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 11:32 PM
LovingDays
Jul 30 2013, 11:30 PM
Nate
Jul 30 2013, 11:28 PM
So her final airdate will be mid November?
Yup :'(
Yes, always use the "four month" approach when figuring out an airdate. Eileen's last date was July 16, so November 15 would be right around her final airdate (November 16 is a Saturday).
So why would Corday say the end of the year? That's why I'm thinking maybe the lookalikes are really fill-ins.

Kriss4

I don't think she saved the show. She gave the show a boost, but I think the stories, the planning, the cast integration, the cohesiveness is what's been improving the show. She wasn't working in isolation.

I think Lorraine Broderick's influence has made all the difference in the world.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM
Who would you want back, if you could have your wish?

We're losing several cast members in the coming months. Good performers. Well liked. Some characters might be recasted.

Maybe others will fill a hole or two.

Shawn and Belle? Philip?
honestly after all the ppl leave, i don't even feel like there will be a cast anymore. I mean, Marlena and Hope (but they don't get used much). And Rafe/Sami/EJ/Daniel who I all wish would go away. Jen...I like...mostly...

But they'll need a new villain once Kristen leaves & Theresa does not fill that void and Nicole/Sami/Kate have been it too long.

Kriss4

I wish they'd get rid of Daniel.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I am literally stunned by this news. I don't know what to say or how to even react. :huh:

LovingDays

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:37 PM
I wish they'd get rid of Daniel.

omg please god it will make my freaking day i mean no my yearrrr

AFaithL

I can think of 10 characters I want gone instead of Kristen.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't think she filled the villain role. I think she's another example of Days mistaking their villains for protagonists, and sidelining or failing to develop the actual protagonists.

LovingDays

AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:40 PM
I can think of 10 characters I want gone instead of Kristen.
lets start

daniel
rafe
jen

enough said

Kriss4

We do need another villain.

Who?

LovingDays

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:43 PM
We do need another villain.

Who?
the real Nicole

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Eh, instead of a new villain. I'd prefer better heroes.

But they should take the time to rebuild the DiMera legacy into what it was and should always be.

am103
Member Avatar

This is seriously a huge punch in the gut. I freaking LOVE Eileen Davidson. I am grateful she was able to return and give us all this fabulous story, but I don't want it to end after a year! This sucks! She literally breathed new life into the show.

There is going to be a very big hole in the villain department now. I am not looking forward to Days after November.

AFaithL

I am VERY angry at Tomlin, Corday, and whoever else made this decision. It's beyond abysmal.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not even the slightest bit disappointed.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well that blows!

I find it odd that we heard this now when she airs until November... yet we haven't heard anything one way or another about Drake! It pisses me off that John won't even be apart of Kristen's departure!

GOD this show SUCKS!!!!!! :flipoff:

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 11:44 PM
Eh, instead of a new villain. I'd prefer better heroes.

But they should take the time to rebuild the DiMera legacy into what it was and should always be.
no, that would mean likely more EJ and I have had more than my fill of him thanks. I'd rather a Kiriakis go dark. Or get Jan back! Yeah, I want Jan. Heather Lindell version.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply