Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,017 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I said when she first came back that I would tune back in to see her and tune back out when she left and unless the show pulls a serious rabbit out of its hat I think that's pretty much what I'm going to do. Minus a few characters here and there, I feel no real connection with the show anymore and as improved as the writing has been lately, it just isn't good enough to keep me watching. I've been spoiled with ED/Kristen and without her I just don't see myself being nearly as invested in the show as I have been for the last 9 months.

This sucks. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:34 PM
Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM
Who would you want back, if you could have your wish?

We're losing several cast members in the coming months. Good performers. Well liked. Some characters might be recasted.

Maybe others will fill a hole or two.

Shawn and Belle? Philip?
honestly after all the ppl leave, i don't even feel like there will be a cast anymore. I mean, Marlena and Hope (but they don't get used much). And Rafe/Sami/EJ/Daniel who I all wish would go away. Jen...I like...mostly...

But they'll need a new villain once Kristen leaves & Theresa does not fill that void and Nicole/Sami/Kate have been it too long.
Sami hasn't really been a villain for a good 4-5 years. they keep writing her as some sort of heroine that simply gets herself into trouble because of her impulses and the fact that she associates herself with EJ.
it would actually be nice to see Sami as evil and plotting to make people's life hell again.

Hope & Marlena need viable romantic pairings, not because that's the only story that can be written for them, but because it gives them the ability to have that person they can talk to about things that are going on, bump into people while on dates, or whatever. Hell, it could be fun to see Hope & Marlena crush on the same guy and not know about it.

I'd love to see Shawn, or even JT return to the screen. We'll have to see what TPTB do to fill the voids being left by the younger actors leaving - which characters will they recast, which characters will simply leave Salem, what characters (if any) will "replace" those characters.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:52 PM
Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 11:44 PM
Eh, instead of a new villain. I'd prefer better heroes.

But they should take the time to rebuild the DiMera legacy into what it was and should always be.
no, that would mean likely more EJ and I have had more than my fill of him thanks. I'd rather a Kiriakis go dark. Or get Jan back! Yeah, I want Jan. Heather Lindell version.
We're going to get more EJ regardless. They might as well DiMera him up. Correctly this time, lol.

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:33 PM
Kristen could pull a Chloe, get some therapy, and come back in a few months. I am PISSED.
i don't want to see her give her kid to Dan and Jen to raise.

Harmony233

blueskies
Panda Panda

But they should take the time to rebuild the DiMera legacy into what it was and should always be.
no, that would mean likely more EJ and I have had more than my fill of him thanks. I'd rather a Kiriakis go dark. Or get Jan back! Yeah, I want Jan. Heather Lindell version.
How about bringing on Alexander Kirikias he can follow in uncle victors footsteps lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 11:53 PM
blueskies
Panda Panda

We're going to get more EJ regardless. They might as well DiMera him up. Correctly this time, lol.
fine, but can he find someone else besides Sami? I can handle him much better when the two of them have no/very minimal interactions.

Jason47
Member Avatar

UPDATE FROM JASON47 REGARDING EILEEN'S DEPARTURE:

Just skimmed the old threads and found this tweet from Judie Henninger, tweeted on July 10, 2012:

Judie @heyjude14
Eileen Davidson's 1st day on set

So not much speculation is needed at this point. Eileen was obviously at the end of her first (or only) year of her contract. As stated on my "Days" site, the "contract status" for each actor is just an educated guess. Although I listed July 2014 as her end date, that again was just a guess. Most likely she signed for a one-year commitment, and that commitment was up as of July 16. Don't need to look much further than that in regards to her leaving. Of course it would be planned (and not abrupt) if her deal was done last week. So, we can sort of let any conspiracy theories as to her leaving rest!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:46 PM
I am VERY angry at Tomlin, Corday, and whoever else made this decision. It's beyond abysmal.
so you're angry at Eileen then, since she's the one who decided to leave and spend more time with her family.

Ellie

I'm not her biggest fan, but I think the character of Kristen added a lot to the show this year. I also think, however, that if Days were to write for some of their existing actors the way they wrote for Eileen/Kristen, they'd be in much better shape.

As for what Jason's saying about a year contract, I wonder if this is a financial dispute. It's interesting that with those, Days is quick to jump right out and confirm that someone is leaving. For example, Peter. Maybe Days doesn't want to look cheap/bad. Let's also remember that Eileen was 'traded' from Y&R, so perhaps her first year salary was intentionally close to her Y&R salary. Maybe Days wanted to lower it this year, for any number of reasons.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 30 2013, 11:53 PM
blueskies
Panda Panda

if EJ is ruthless and trying to ruin the lives of as many Salemites as possible, i will have no objections to lots of EJ. it's this sappy "hero EJ" that i've had more than enough of! (that said, i still think he & Sami need to go sit on the sidelines for a while)

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I think ED will return to DAYS soon!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kenny
I said when she first came back that I would tune back in to see her and tune back out when she left and unless the show pulls a serious rabbit out of its hat I think that's pretty much what I'm going to do. Minus a few characters here and there, I feel no real connection with the show anymore and as improved as the writing has been lately, it just isn't good enough to keep me watching. I've been spoiled with ED/Kristen and without her I just don't see myself being nearly as invested in the show as I have been for the last 9 months.

This sucks. :(
I feel the same actually. I watched Days on and off for a few years but when they announced Kristen's return I started watching daily again to see what they would do with her. While there have been plenty of other s/l's and actors to grab my attention I doubt I'll still watch regularly after Kristen leaves again. Unless they do a change up with the characters who are getting front and back burner s/l's.

If Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Eric, Victor, Abe, or Stefano get more substantial screen and story time of their own then I would definitely continue to tune in daily. Still November's still a ways off so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

So...I guess this takes the baby/WTD storyline off the table, right? Hmm. I have mixed feelings about that.

Kriss4

I think this is Eileen's decision. And who knows? Maybe she'll be back in a few months. I can't count the number of times someone was out for a period of time and then came back. If there's story, they ask them back, and they often come.

AFaithL

blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:54 PM
AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:33 PM
Kristen could pull a Chloe, get some therapy, and come back in a few months. I am PISSED.
i don't want to see her give her kid to Dan and Jen to raise.
I'm hoping she comes back in 6 months with Brady's baby in tow.

Please please please please!!!!!!!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Well this freaking sucks! Eileen is one of the major reasons that I've been loving Days this past year. I hope she does return, she adds a much needed spark to the canvas.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

The Brady curse continues.

I'll miss Eileen, but I'm just happy we got to see Kristen return!

blueskies
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jul 31 2013, 12:03 AM
The Brady curse continues.

I'll miss Eileen, but I'm just happy we got to see Kristen return!
she better not be actually dead like Ari and Madison though. Fake-dead, okay.

mollymay

Jason47
Jul 30 2013, 11:57 PM
UPDATE FROM JASON47 REGARDING EILEEN'S DEPARTURE:

Just skimmed the old threads and found this tweet from Judie Henninger, tweeted on July 10, 2012:

Judie @heyjude14
Eileen Davidson's 1st day on set

So not much speculation is needed at this point. Eileen was obviously at the end of her first (or only) year of her contract. As stated on my "Days" site, the "contract status" for each actor is just an educated guess. Although I listed July 2014 as her end date, that again was just a guess. Most likely she signed for a one-year commitment, and that commitment was up as of July 16. Don't need to look much further than that in regards to her leaving. Of course it would be planned (and not abrupt) if her deal was done last week. So, we can sort of let any conspiracy theories as to her leaving rest!!

So I guess its safe to assume that from the get go they knew a year was all they would probably get from her.

Kriss4

I think Alexander kiriakis would be a good character to bring back. Or Philip.

Mike Horton, too.

Shawn and Belle.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply