Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,111 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 31 2013, 12:02 AM
blueskies
Jul 30 2013, 11:54 PM
AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:33 PM
Kristen could pull a Chloe, get some therapy, and come back in a few months. I am PISSED.
i don't want to see her give her kid to Dan and Jen to raise.
I'm hoping she comes back in 6 months with Brady's baby in tow.

Please please please please!!!!!!!
This is my hope as to how this ends up. Maybe she'll finally do split time with YR/Days. (i'm going to try to keep myself in blissful ignorance of the truth as long as possible.)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 31 2013, 12:08 AM
AFaithL
blueskies
AFaithL
Jul 30 2013, 11:33 PM
Kristen could pull a Chloe, get some therapy, and come back in a few months. I am PISSED.
i don't want to see her give her kid to Dan and Jen to raise.

This is my hope as to how this ends up. Maybe she'll finally do split time with YR/Days. (i'm going to try to keep myself in blissful ignorance of the truth as long as possible.)
I'd prefer that to how they have her now anyway. She's just not the kind of character that can hang out in Salem all the time, drinking coffee, and going to parties. It does not work.

AFaithL

They can still do the WTD story. Have her come back with a baby and not know if the father is Brady or Eric's.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 12:01 AM
If Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Eric, Victor, Abe, or Stefano get more substantial screen and story time of their own then I would definitely continue to tune in daily. Still November's still a ways off so we'll see what happens between now and then.
i second this motion! none of those people you listed would be people i would not want to see more of.

BenjyM
Member Avatar

Fuck. This is actually depressing. Does the show not realize how much energy and life Kristen brought to it? I remember an early interview in which Eileen said--regarding her stay--that it's not what people would expect. Damn, she was right. I hate this, I hate this, I hate this. Fuck.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
1983-1987 | 1990 | 1994-2012

just woke up to read this news....what a sucky wedensday it already is!

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Posted Image

I am utterly shocked. Eileen Davidson has been a breath of fresh air for this series. I can remember how many times I watched those amazing New Year's Eve/Day scenes she had with DHim. She is SO GOOD. Why, ED, WHYYYYYYYY?

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I'm hoping that clown ham Eric Martsolf/Brady isn't too far behind

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

I'll miss her too, but not shocked. It's been a year. Suckage continues....

JoeBucs32

Corday better get ahead of this public relations nightmare quick! He need to somehow put a positive spin on all these actors leaving the show -- or tell us he has plans for other favorites to return. Seems like the only "news" we get lately is about another favorite leaving....

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm very bummed by this news. But like Kenny, I'm thankful that we got Kristen back for a year. Also, that Kristen got the best writing of the big returns the past few years (Vivian, Carly, Jack, Carrie, Austin, ect). Seriously, Eileen has gotten some amazing material. And I'm sure we've got some great stuff coming up this fall. Also, I really hope when they write Kristen off she's pregnant. Would be awesome knowing Kristen could come back with Marlena's grandchild at some point.

Kriss4

If she leaves pregnant, she will SO be back.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

ED wants to spend time with her family & I respect her decision. I just hope she returns to DAYS soon because the character of Kristen has been fun to watch!

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I can't decide weither to be extremely depressed about this, or greatful I got her back at all.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I was very very disappointed by the story so I'm fine with Kristen leaving.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Jul 31 2013, 12:12 AM
blueskies
Jul 31 2013, 12:08 AM
AFaithL
blueskies

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I'd prefer that to how they have her now anyway. She's just not the kind of character that can hang out in Salem all the time, drinking coffee, and going to parties. It does not work.
Exactly. That is not how it should be with characters like Kristen, Stefano, etc.

Bring them in for a story, give them a rest, and so on and so forth.

The only reason it worked for Kristen this past year is she was gone for more than a decade and they could play the whole "she has changed" card. Now, after what she's done, the character can't just roam around Salem. No one on the canvas will believe she has changed unless you keep her away another decade. Rest the character and bring her back when story calls for it. That is how it should be with any character but especially one like Kristen.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:27 PM
Who would you want back, if you could have your wish?

We're losing several cast members in the coming months. Good performers. Well liked. Some characters might be recasted.

Maybe others will fill a hole or two.

Shawn and Belle? Philip?
Belle without Shawn.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't really want her to go out pregnant with someone's kid. I want her to go out in a blaze of destructive glory. No more nice lovey-dovey feelings. Just a pure, unadulterated, clear-to-the-audience anti-Marlena rampage leading to an epic downfall.

thepadange

Chabby
Jul 31 2013, 12:18 AM
just woke up to read this news....what a sucky wedensday it already is!
Me too. So so sad :( :( :( :( :( . Unbelievably sad. I can't find the right words.

I've always been paranoid (some tweets, casting for a look-alike) but as she was still working the week after the 10th I was beginning to think maybe her contract is longer than for a year. And with the news of so many other cast members leaving I was hoping TPTB will do everything to keep her for longer. In general it's so not good for Days.

Quote:

I don't think it's ignorance it's the only hope ;) IMO. And she expressed the idea of playing both characters quite often in her resent interviews. As much as I would like to have Kristen full-time... it would be much better than nothing.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't want her to be pregnant... I am sick of re-written history. Kristen can't have children! That was a main point of Kristen's schemes and downfall in 1997, and it should remain true IMO! To change it now is stupid!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply