Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,425 Views)
Graceland
Member Avatar

I really hope this was Eileen's decision and not the show's because if it was there's it is going to cost them dearly! We're about to have Chandler Massey and Camila Banus departing too. Wilson could be over. Wilson and Kristen renewed this show. I don't know what they're going to do now. I mean, do they think Theresa and Dannifer is going to make us keep tuning, along with EJ and Sami jumping all over one another? The show is going to have to start over from scratch essentially. We don't even have Bo!

This lookalike this is now REALLY weird. I would say that they're recasting the role, but then they were casting a Blake Berris lookalike. I haven't heard that he's leaving too. They're saying that they're wrapping this story up, so I would think a recasting for Kristen would be unnecessary.

I really wanted Eileen to win her first Emmy with "Days" this time. She can still submit her material next year, but it's going to be such a long time in between.

I would love for her to do Y&R/Days, but she could have done that without leaving "Days," so it doesn't sound as if she's leaving to go to that show, or she's leaving to just do Y&R. Sony forced her out. How could they think Y&R needs her more than "Days"? That wouldn't make sense.

I hope she's all right. She sounds fine on Twitter.

Mean, mean, mean!!!

BTW, she returned last July, and recently hit a year this month. As someone pointed out, maybe she signed for a year? She said that her contract was fluid.

She talked about the workload she had at "Days" which sounds massive. Maybe she got burned out like she did back in the 90s doing all the characters.
Edited by Graceland, Jul 31 2013, 02:38 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Well I'm heartsick over this but what can I do? I just love ED and Kristen...always have always will. I'm so thankful she was here while she was.

Graceland
Member Avatar

They did the hard work, bringing her back 14 years later, brought her back to reintroduce to an totally new generation of viewers. That'll make it easier to bring her back in the future. The hard part is over.

So, how are they going to explain her departure? Snd her to an island again? lol
Edited by Graceland, Jul 31 2013, 02:40 AM.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jul 30 2013, 11:14 PM
As sad as I am about this, more than anything I'm just grateful to have had her back at all. I honestly never expected to see her on this show again so to have her back for even a day was a dream come true. To have her back for a whole year has been wonderful. She stuck around longer than I expected her to, and although I'm sure she'll end up on Y&R in no time (surely they won't be stupid enough to let her go again), maybe she'll be back again one day -- even for just a guest stint or two.

Hopefully she'll win the Emmy next year!
Totally agree! :applause: :cheers:

I hope they don't kill her off.
Edited by Graceland, Jul 31 2013, 02:43 AM.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Well there goes my reason for watching this show :(. This Sucks.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Wwwwhaaaaaaat?!! This sucks! ED is too good of a talent and a very valuable asset to the show!

Graceland
Member Avatar

Maybe the show was looking for an Eileen-type. They put out a call for a character that sounded very much like Chad Dimera. Casey Deidrick left. Maybe that's what's going on.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh
Jul 31 2013, 12:21 AM
I'm hoping that clown ham Eric Martsolf/Brady isn't too far behind
I hate that she was brought back only to spend most of her time with Brady. When will this show stop wasting good actresses like Eileen, Lindsay Hartley, and Sarah Brown on Eric Martsolf?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Jul 30 2013, 11:44 PM
Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:43 PM
We do need another villain.

Who?
the real Nicole
I'm over Nicole as a villain. Same goes for Kate, Stefano and Victor. They were all great in their prime but it's time to get a new villain (hello Vargas) or bring back someone from the past.

camera shy

Wel now after all the attention she's received here on Days, if she returns to the Y&R they'll have to good sense to really write for her and give her a great story.

Salem
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 30 2013, 11:16 PM
Once she exits, I hope they bring in another great villain who can stir up shit in Salem for a year just like Kristen did. Andre anyone???
Hmm. Who could they bring back? I'm hoping to see Anjelica Devereaux, I know she was infatuated with Justin. It might be fun to see Adrienne squirm a little, considering Anjelica tried to ELIMINATE Adrienne back in the day. Or Eve Donovan is particularly relevant to the Theresa/Jen storyline considering the family ties and her past with Jen. Anyone have a specific villian/villainess return you'd like to see?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Salem, Jul 31 2013, 04:26 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I knew it will happen it days after all
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Jul 31 2013, 01:06 AM
ED wants to spend time with her family & I respect her decision. I just hope she returns to DAYS soon because the character of Kristen has been fun to watch!
if that's the real reason I respect that, however it seems like this is the standard line for basically any reason someone leaves a job in public life (politics, sports, etc). Sometimes it's to save them from an embarrassing firing (not what i think happened here).

Anyway, I was in denial 4 hrs ago, and now I've moved right into depression. I liked denial better, can't I go back there?

This sucks.

Graceland
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 31 2013, 03:48 AM
Wel now after all the attention she's received here on Days, if she returns to the Y&R they'll have to good sense to really write for her and give her a great story.
Doubtful. Playing the bad girl is always a million times more fun than playing the angel. So much has changed on that show anyway, and they were never going to give Eileen the material "Days" has given her. I mean, "Days" has been spotlighting her week after week, giving her one explosive scene after the next. "Y&R" is never going to be able to pull that off. She was on "Y&R" for 13 years. In less than a year, "Days" has done more for her than that show ever did in terms of the amount of material worthy of multiple Emmys.

Keep in mind that by the time Eileen's last scene airs, she will have been off the air for four months. Who knows what she'll decide to do after that. She may reevaluate things. She may go back to work again.

What we know is that because "Days" shoots incredibly fast, and the amount of work she was being given, not to mention that she commented on how the show changed her personal life, she might want/need to take a break for a bit.

But hey, at last we've gotten to see the teeth! :blulaugh: Maybe Susan will make a one-off appearance.

Eileen said she finally figured out who Kristen is, and has been able to explore her unlike the first time around which became the Susan Banks show.

thepadange

Graceland
Jul 31 2013, 02:35 AM
I really hope this was Eileen's decision and not the show's because if it was there's it is going to cost them dearly! We're about to have Chandler Massey and Camila Banus departing too. Wilson could be over. Wilson and Kristen renewed this show. I don't know what they're going to do now. I mean, do they think Theresa and Dannifer is going to make us keep tuning, along with EJ and Sami jumping all over one another? The show is going to have to start over from scratch essentially. We don't even have Bo!

This lookalike this is now REALLY weird. I would say that they're recasting the role, but then they were casting a Blake Berris lookalike. I haven't heard that he's leaving too. They're saying that they're wrapping this story up, so I would think a recasting for Kristen would be unnecessary.

I really wanted Eileen to win her first Emmy with "Days" this time. She can still submit her material next year, but it's going to be such a long time in between.

I would love for her to do Y&R/Days, but she could have done that without leaving "Days," so it doesn't sound as if she's leaving to go to that show, or she's leaving to just do Y&R. Sony forced her out. How could they think Y&R needs her more than "Days"? That wouldn't make sense.

I hope she's all right. She sounds fine on Twitter.

Mean, mean, mean!!!

BTW, she returned last July, and recently hit a year this month. As someone pointed out, maybe she signed for a year? She said that her contract was fluid.

She talked about the workload she had at "Days" which sounds massive. Maybe she got burned out like she did back in the 90s doing all the characters.
Love your post :hug: . ICAM with all you've said.

She really did sound happy but pretty exhausted in her resent interviews because of the enormous workload she had. I was wondering if the show is "using" her as much as possible because TPTB know that they have her only short-term because no single person can carry half of the whole show by herself on a long-term basis. If it wasn't the case they really should have been more careful with that. Things looked especially forced with the sudden Kristen/Eric storyline just after the big reveal.

I don't agree that Kristen as a villain can't stay interesting for a long period of time. I think the character has multiple layers and is grey so they can write lots of different stories for Kristen.

Eileen may not be on YR right now but I don't think it takes long till we read the message about it. Not that I'm not happy to see ED on YR, but Kristen is just so much more needed there in Salem. I think ratings will show it. I don't think there is much of a hope (they did a big wrap-up) but I would wish ED would come back to Days full-time and have proportional screen time as other contract and recurring actors.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Fucking travesty. She's been PHENOMENAL on DAYS since she came back. While she can't be solely credited with reinvigorating the show, anyone who thinks she hasn't been a HUGE part of it is DEAD WRONG. I am so bummed about this...

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2013, 11:02 PM
Well, when she returned she did say her situation was "fluid." It's been a year. Honestly, I feel like this is for the best because after this story with Eric is over, where do you go? That would've been two huge schemes that were failures of her's and her latest scheme was very extreme that it would be hard for her to get one over on anyone in Salem or get redeemed. It may be best for the character to be rested because otherwise you pretty much have to soften her too much to keep her around and the audience doesn't want that. They want her to keep her edge. Villains and vixens are so much better when they are given rests every now and then so they aren't watered down. Bring them in, have them stir the pot, give them a rest, and bring them back with a triumphant return. Plus, it continues to suggest Days has a plan and when a character's run is up, they're done. I would rather a character get written out than for the show to go through hoops just to keep a character around. Characters always end up damaged when that happens.
Thank you for providing some much needed perspective. Still completely crushed though. :badmood:

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 30 2013, 11:34 PM
I don't think she saved the show. She gave the show a boost, but I think the stories, the planning, the cast integration, the cohesiveness is what's been improving the show. She wasn't working in isolation.

I think Lorraine Broderick's influence has made all the difference in the world.
I fully agree with this. Perfectly stated.

I wish Eileen nothing but the absolute best with all of her endeavors, whatever they may be. She has been a joy to watch (again) and she seems like an awesome lady.

michr544125

This really sucks. All off the good actors are leaving. I didn't see this one coming at all.

First Cassie. Now, Blake, Chandler and Eileen are all leaving???

Makes me think there may be some kind of mass event on the show where a bunch of characters all wind up leaving.

I agree, they almost need to revamp this entire show to replace what they are losing because they are losing some main characters that helped bring life back into this show.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm not shocked. At all. I mean, I am in a way, of course lol. And I will be posting my thoughts on this. After I read all of the thread. If I can get back to it before it balloons, lol.

This. F'ING SUCKS!

But I knew it was all too good to be true.

They kinda wrote her in a corner, although, IMO, she probably wouldn't have been. I think it was planned for a year and that's that, IMO (unless I missed seeing a fuller explanation, which I might've).

Sigh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply