Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,232 Views)
Graceland
Member Avatar

Well, I'm still very excited to see the teeth in all their glory this Friday!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marlene

Well, it's been a fun ride but honestly what else is there for Kristin to do? She's destroyed John so much that he's off screen. Brady has been branded a fool for life. And, we have yet to see the fallout from her rape of Eric. With Kristin's goal being to destroy Marlena, she has certainly made her mark, effectively destroying all the men who mean anything to Marlena. Who's left? Will? Johnny? And in some alternate universe, Roman?

I totally agree with the poster above who stated that villains like Kristin, and Stefano in his prime, need to be rested from time to time to keep them sharp. She just can't be redeemed. There's absolutely nothing that she can do to warm her way into Marlena's good graces.

When we first heard of ED's return we all hoped for a great story for John & Marlena, but that really didn't happen. How many times in the daily thread has someone commented on Marlena's limited involvement in a story that's aimed at her destruction?

Maybe with Kristin gone, we can see the return of the real John Black. Perhaps we'll see Marlena's triumph. A girl can only hope.

spartan
Member Avatar

Well, even though this doesn't shock me, it still positively sucks.

ED is such a talent. She makes every scene she is in better. Days would be very wise to get her back again in another year.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I have to admit that I've never liked Kristin-- but I LOVE Eileen Davidson. She can make just about anything look good. ED is a rare actress in that, even though her character has done some crazy stuff, you still want to watch her-- know what I mean? I think it's ED and her presence and how she approaches the characters. I really am with PR when he said that they've really painted her into a corner-- what do you with a character that has raped a priest, made the priest's brother look like he's got a box of rocks for brains and caused trouble in about any other circle? At this point, it's good that she's taken off for a while. Maybe in a year or two, she can come back and we can play this game again! LOL

From reading her tweets and interviews, I always got the impression that she was having fun at Days but her heart was at Y & R. I'm with many who said she'll be back and I think that too. (kind of scares me with JFP over there though!) Josh Griffith, the head writer at Y & R, has said in interviews that he really wanted to write for ED's Ashley. He may just get his wish.

EDIT-- the part, to me, that is downright scary, is that I believe that this show will become all about Sami. That's it. From the looks of things, a large part of the younger crowd, CB, CJD,CM and, if the rumors are correct, BB, will be gone by early next year and now ED. If this happens, I'm absolutely done with this show. Is anyone wondering why there's such a mass exodus on this show?
Edited by talbab1994, Jul 31 2013, 06:51 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

just my opinion, but i do still hope they go the WTD route.

but seriously though, now how will Marlena deliver Kristen's kid/her grandkid at the Horton Cabin where they're trapped inexplicably together?

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

guess Im the only one that doesnt care :shrug: wasnt a fan of the character. goodbye. Kudos to ED. She did a great job...making me despise her character :hail: .

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

I HONESTLY DID NOT SEE THIS ONE COMING! I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO STAY FOR A LONG TIME. I'M GONNA MISS HER.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

EJ_SamiFF
Jul 31 2013, 07:05 AM
guess Im the only one that doesnt care :shrug: wasnt a fan of the character. goodbye. Kudos to ED. She did a great job...making me despise her character :hail: .
No, you aren't the only one that doesn't care...this might be one of the few things we ever agree on, lol....anyway, I was sort of indifferent to her return. I didn't hate it, but most definitely didn't love it and it's primarily my dislike for all things Dimera that had me thinking that way. The character of Kristen was always one of those characters that had a knack for taking over the show and I dreaded that....but I'll be honest and say that although she was prominently featured in the year that she's been on, they have made an attempt to also not make the show solely about her and her 7 million alter egos like they did in the 90s and I appreciated that.

That being said, I think it is a loss for the show, because I do think that Eileen brings so much to the table, she's such a good actress and the show did get a jolt of something with her return. Plus, with her loss, Days is now without a long term villain, unless they bring Ej back into the fold as one...who else is left long term? With Chad leaving, Kristen leaving and Ej and Stefano on the outs...maybe it's finally time to shift the focus away from the Dimeras and give it to another villain family for a while...introduce one or work on bringing the Kiriakis family back to the bad ways....

I don't believe for a minute that ED won't end up back on another show.....I think Y&R will take her back in a heartbeat....I don't even give it 3 months.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 31 2013, 12:13 AM
Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 12:01 AM
If Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Eric, Victor, Abe, or Stefano get more substantial screen and story time of their own then I would definitely continue to tune in daily. Still November's still a ways off so we'll see what happens between now and then.
i second this motion! none of those people you listed would be people i would not want to see more of.
In my OPINION :) , when Alice died Doug, Julie and Bo and Hope should have been the front and center of this show. The Horton's are the core family that Days of Our Lives was built on. The Brady's, Dimera's and Kiriakis' should be there, too, but I believe the Horton's should be the powerful family in Salem. The Dimera family used to scare me...not so much anymore. Victor needs to get his balls back. Combining him with Maggie shouldn't have taken his edge away. Anyhow, back on topic....I love the character of Kristan. But, to me, something was a tad off this go round. :unsure: Eileen Davidson is the bees knees as Kristan and I am sorry to see her go. :'(

S loves EJ

talbab1994
Jul 31 2013, 06:43 AM
I have to admit that I've never liked Kristin-- but I LOVE Eileen Davidson. She can make just about anything look good. ED is a rare actress in that, even though her character has done some crazy stuff, you still want to watch her-- know what I mean? I think it's ED and her presence and how she approaches the characters. I really am with PR when he said that they've really painted her into a corner-- what do you with a character that has raped a priest, made the priest's brother look like he's got a box of rocks for brains and caused trouble in about any other circle? At this point, it's good that she's taken off for a while. Maybe in a year or two, she can come back and we can play this game again! LOL

From reading her tweets and interviews, I always got the impression that she was having fun at Days but her heart was at Y & R. I'm with many who said she'll be back and I think that too. (kind of scares me with JFP over there though!) Josh Griffith, the head writer at Y & R, has said in interviews that he really wanted to write for ED's Ashley. He may just get his wish.

EDIT-- the part, to me, that is downright scary, is that I believe that this show will become all about Sami. That's it. From the looks of things, a large part of the younger crowd, CB, CJD,CM and, if the rumors are correct, BB, will be gone by early next year and now ED. If this happens, I'm absolutely done with this show. Is anyone wondering why there's such a mass exodus on this show?

I think this sucks since I like Kristen but as long as JS stays Im still interested in the show, but since so many characters are leaving especially from the younger crowd they need to bring in new actors to make up for the ones they loose. They have brought in JJ and Theresa, but that is hardly enough the show need a bigger younger crowd in order to survive so its time to sorased Theo, Cierra, johnny, Allie and Sydney.

six
Member Avatar

I saw this thread last night and hoped that there had been a mistake and it'd be gone by morning. It's going tbe hard to enjoy the show knowing that some of the best parts of it aren't going to be there a year from now. If goes back to Y&R, they'll waste her. They have no use for MTS, SC, MS, JW, etc.

I wish her the best, though. I never thought she'd return to Days at all and it's been great to have Kristen back for a short time.
Edited by six, Jul 31 2013, 09:39 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I loved Kristen when she first hit Salem - coaching little league, very religious & faithful, devoted to Tony & wanting nothing more than a family to love...she was very relateable and Eileen just portrayed it wonderfully. Then the character turned...after Tony/Andre and Aremid, she turned to the DiMera side of her persona - and still, Eileen just shined...her final (or so we thought at the time) downward spiral with the pillow baby & the secret room, those are a couple of my favorite storylines, she was just phenomenal. Even as Susan, she pulled off slightly loopy, beyond quirky and so damn nice you wanted to have coffee with her over the back fence when the sun rose. She's an amazing talent and I'll miss that, but I really respect & admire that she wants to spend time with her family. What really puts a bee in my bonnet is the fact that we know this SO FAR in advance that it's going to take the wind out of the sails of this storyline. Just wonder if they're going to kill her off or if they're going to ship her off to the looney bin.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 31 2013, 09:14 AM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It is too bad she is leaving; but at least it is by her own choice. I'm sure the show will take her back if she ever wants to return, no matter how ludicrous her return might be.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jul 31 2013, 02:12 AM
I don't want her to be pregnant... I am sick of re-written history. Kristen can't have children! That was a main point of Kristen's schemes and downfall in 1997, and it should remain true IMO! To change it now is stupid!
I could not agree more!

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm truly not surprised. Ever since they had Kristen rape a priest, I've kind of been waiting for this headline (though I was expecting it to be the show's decision, not Eileen's).

I'm more upset about the quality (or lack thereof) of her return than the duration. Minus some excellent scenes with Drake and Deidre, she's been largely wasted on possibly the most boring character on the show.

In any case, at least once she's gone, I can drop this show like a hot potato since she's the only reason I've been watching since last October.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 31 2013, 03:46 AM
AllmyDaysatGh
Jul 31 2013, 12:21 AM
I'm hoping that clown ham Eric Martsolf/Brady isn't too far behind
I hate that she was brought back only to spend most of her time with Brady. When will this show stop wasting good actresses like Eileen, Lindsay Hartley, and Sarah Brown on Eric Martsolf?
I like Eric Martsolf but I still agree. This time it was especially annoying because of the history between the tie characters that had to be ignored.

lachelle73

WOW, when is Days contract up? She has been good and will be missed but if she needs time for family wish her nothing but the best. It seems like people are leaving days what is going on.

salempc
Member Avatar

Best Days related news I've heard in ages, though I'd be much happier if it was the oversorased DiMera instead. #notaDiMerafan

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Well, there goes everything interesting. Back to the Sami/Dannifer show. :x

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Wow. I'm a bit shocked about this, but feel it will be better for Kristen's character in the long-term if she's like Stefano in the 1980's: briefly popping in to the Salemites lives to stir up all kinds of villainous shit, then leaving town with a trail of destruction in her wake. Seeing NonaStefano eating chowder at the Pub has really watered down his villain-cred, and I'd rather not see Kristen go down this route.

That said, there is a lot of talent leaving Days in the next 6 months; hope TPTB are far-sighted enough to bring on some veteran characters to fill the hole. It's a little worrisome that 2 of the actors (Chandler and Eileen) whose characters have driven a lot of story for about the past year will be gone. One thing I would be okay with is putting Wally and Judi on contract, but that would just be for starters.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply