Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EXCLUSIVE! Eileen Davidson Off DAYS; *UPDATED* with TV Guide interview
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 10:47 PM (28,314 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

Can't say I'll miss Kristen. She's always been too campy and overexposed for me. I am glad this was announced early so I can at least tolerate her for the remaining months. I was on the verge of tuning out completely after she pulled out the teeth last week. I was afraid she was bringing back the multiple roles again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

Ok now
I can retire this show from my life....finally

Kriss4

I still say days has really improved as a whole. It isn't just Kristen that's made it good. They've done a ton of things to improve it. Remember when there was seldom any payoff?
Remember when every story fell flat?

I've been impressed for awhile, and not just because of Kristen, but because somebody did their homework, and made this show worth watching. They've made Salem a town again.

They should get kudos for the work they've done behind the scenes. I hope they make it to 50, because look at all the effort they put forth. They're facing big challenges with so much of the cast exiting.

What are they likely doing to make it survivable? They have little choice about actors leaving.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 31 2013, 09:16 AM
I still say days has really improved as a whole. It isn't just Kristen that's made it good. They've done a ton of things to improve it. Remember when there was seldom any payoff?
Remember when every story fell flat?
Like, 2 months ago?

tylerbo20

No Kristen no marlena and no need for John back to Daniel/Jen/Sami/race shit show

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Kristian Alfonso @KJAlfonso @eileen_davidson We miss u already .XO Hope to see u soon!;)
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/362581696429834240

jdawg1077

My .02 cents:

This definitely comes as a surprise. I just assumed she was on a 2-year contract. Perhaps she was, and she approached the show months ago about the possibility of being trimming that to one year, and the writers decided that it might not be that bad of an idea to rest the character after her latest round of shenanigans is exposed. I'm sure the payoff in November will be spectacular, because Days typically does payoffs very well.

Going with the "advanced notice" theory, I can't also help but wonder if that impacted the story. My hope was that Brady and Kristen would adopt a certain one-year-old baby boy in what would have been an umbrella story to end all umbrella stories. Now with ED leaving, I don't see how that story could possibly play out in the time given. That would require a 6-month build at the very least from the time of the adoption to the time of the reveal. I'm not so sure that we're going to get that now. Or perhaps we will later on if ED's exit is temporary. It doesn't sound like it is, but perhaps after some time off she will be amenable to returning.

As for the canvas, that's two DiMeras gone within weeks of one another, leaving only Stefano (whose appearances are irregular at best) and EJ. If I were the writers, I would consider a way to concoct another young DiMera. Perhaps a long-lost child of Tony's? The family needs to be strengthened, in my opinion.

ED's exit also brings to mind (although not directly related to ED and by no means her fault) the ruining of John Black. If there is a big November payoff, he deserves to be there for it, but judging from this tweets the last few days, I doubt DH has been taping. To some his tweets might seem desperate, but in his case I think they are spot-on. A character he portrayed for nearly 30 years was written in a way that was alien and unidentifiable. I'm not a huge DH fan, but as a longtime Days fan, the character's treatment was absurd and insulting.

As for the Kristen doppelganger, I'm at a loss. Perhaps Kristen will still be around, but we'll only see the back of her head? Maybe she becomes injured and her face is bandaged? I'm definitely curious to find out.

ShaneDOOLFan

Honestly Im not too suprised. They worked her to death, but I am hopeful that they came to the agreement to rest the character for a little while. I think she will definitely be back down the road. It makes sense really. It sounds like Eileen wanted a break and TPTB decided to rest the character for a bit.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Well that sucks. Kristen and Chad will both be gone and the only Dimera left is a wuss and I could give a shit less about.

ShaneDOOLFan

I am worried about Deidre's airtime and story opportunity with her leaving. God this sucks. Hopefully Eileen sees the support she is getting and will for sure come back. Im hopeful as long as she stays of YR.

am103
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Jul 31 2013, 08:49 AM
Well, there goes everything interesting. Back to the Sami/Dannifer show. :x
Exactly. Ever since Eileen came back, I felt like there was a nice balance between things. Stories crossed over and not too much attention was focused on just two of three key characters. We didn't see Dannifer every day, we didn't see EJami every day... It seemed like everyone got a fair amount of airtime (except for a few obvious people). It's going to go right back to the EJami/Dannifer show as soon as Kristen walks out that door.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Maybe now Deidre will get the story focus she deserves. She really hasn't played a huge role in this story even though the revenge plot is supposedly focused on her. Marlena has plenty to offer to the canvas sans Kristen.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

It's a shame, but maybe Eileen can work it the way the show has used Stefano in the past, with long absences and then her character coming back to shake things up. I really enjoy Kristen, but there's only so many schemes she can get away with before things start to get implausible even for a soap. If she wants to take some time off to be with her kids and come back in six months to a year, I don't see how that wouldn't work out for everyone. Or maybe she could come back as the real Susan for her next stint. There are many possibilities, especially if she's not going to another show.

Ellie

Sorry if this was posted already - but from Eileen's facebook

Eileen Davidson
Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left DOOL. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on DOOL this year.....

Eileen

Pookie
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 30 2013, 10:54 PM
I wonder if this was the plan all along. To only keep her around for a certain period of time. I bet what she did to Eric will be her undoing.
She'll probably get busted for raping Eric.

bygnedys

I thought SONY only loaned her out to Days. I always figured that Y/R would put her back on there after they have a storyline for Ashley.

Is Eileen still writing books? I haven't bought any of her books. I don't use credit cards.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Blake Berris
@eileen_davidson to a gorgeous woman and a true artist. you'll be missed. #days

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Team WilSon
Jul 31 2013, 09:34 AM
Kristian Alfonso @KJAlfonso @eileen_davidson We miss u already .XO Hope to see u soon!;)
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/362581696429834240
eileen_davidson: @KJAlfonso Miss you all too! Love you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
https://twitter.com/eileen_davidson/status/362585934367162368

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson
@KJAlfonso Miss you all too! Love you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

JoeBucs32

confusedbyitall
Jul 31 2013, 07:33 AM
Supergirlx2
Jul 31 2013, 12:13 AM
Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 12:01 AM
If Hope, Marlena, Nicole, Eric, Victor, Abe, or Stefano get more substantial screen and story time of their own then I would definitely continue to tune in daily. Still November's still a ways off so we'll see what happens between now and then.
i second this motion! none of those people you listed would be people i would not want to see more of.
In my OPINION :) , when Alice died Doug, Julie and Bo and Hope should have been the front and center of this show. The Horton's are the core family that Days of Our Lives was built on. The Brady's, Dimera's and Kiriakis' should be there, too, but I believe the Horton's should be the powerful family in Salem. The Dimera family used to scare me...not so much anymore. Victor needs to get his balls back. Combining him with Maggie shouldn't have taken his edge away. Anyhow, back on topic....I love the character of Kristan. But, to me, something was a tad off this go round. :unsure: Eileen Davidson is the bees knees as Kristan and I am sorry to see her go. :'(
Couldn't agree more that Corday should have made Julie & Doug the matriarch/patriarch of this show a long time ago. We can only hope that he gets his act together and begins to give them the screen time they deserve. He did just say in a recent interview that he knows "veterans" need more storylines...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply