Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 7/29
Topic Started: Jul 29 2013, 03:26 AM (29,528 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
ShaneDOOLFan

the whole Drake status with the show is mind boggling. I almost feel like they told him they are resting his character for a couple months and will contact him when they are ready to bring him back. Now that his contract is up, and probably hasnt even been in negotiations or in talks with DOOL, he has no choice but to find other work. This may be the most quiet and bizarre "letting go" of an actor at DOOL in the show's history in my opinion.

Jason any hint for the good news? Im sure it regards what we know with Patsy ( ;) ). I just wish they would bring her and someone else back for more than a couple holiday appearances. They should up Judi Evans, Wally Kurth, and Mary Beth Evans to contract status in my opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Could the worst of his acting have stemmed from the other actors continuing to get scripts, while he was given nothing? knowing that he had been given his last script, and the entire point of it was to destroy the character he had put so much of his life into must have hurt like hell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jul 31 2013, 09:01 PM
talbab1994
Jul 31 2013, 06:45 PM
Poker Face
Jul 31 2013, 06:35 PM
I can understand why Drake couldn't give his 100% to this John/Kristen/Brady mess, bc he knew how wrong and disgusting that was. It's kind of hard to play a scene when you despise the story underneath so of course that emotion it does show on screen. This year was a bad one for John. Big time. And it sucks that now Drake can't even "fix that" and show the REAL John Black and not this person, we've seen for months. It's truly sad. He deserves another shot.
It really was a crappy storyline but I would think that there has been many actors on soaps that have looked at their script and thought "Really? My character would never do that " but they still hit it out of the park. I don't know if I could really say that about him. He can do a good job at acting but this go around I had a hard time finding that in him.
I am curious. Can you give me an example, and it should be just as bad as the one that was written for John.
The one that jumps out at me was Kim Zimmer's Reva playing the clone. I've read where she HATED that storyline, thought it was stuipd BUT she still did her job. That was one bad storyline!

Even as a viewer, I look at RH on GH playing Franco playing Jason. I really have to wonder if he looks at this and think Jesus take the wheel BUT he does his job. Heck, even Allison Sweeney has said that there's been storylines for Sami that she didn't get and hated but she still did her job.

Look, I know that the character of John had crappy writing but I still contend that if you look at other shows and other actors they've had some storylines that they hated but they still gave it their all and we as viewers didn't know until after.

James Scott has complained about storylines he had to do on Days-- hated the writing, didn't fit his character. Did he even say that some of the writing "Sucked"?

Just curious-- has anyone else read interviews from soap actors that have said that they didn't like a storyline they were in but still did it ?

Edited by talbab1994, Jul 31 2013, 09:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Roger Howarth HATED the Todd/Marty "romance" storyline on OLTL but he still did his job. Sharon Case strongly disliked her storyline on Y&R last year but still did her job. Thaao Penghlis didn't like a lot of his material in his 90's and 00's stint on Days but he still delivered. The same goes for Joe Mascolo.

There are plenty of soap actors whose characters get majorly shafted but they still do their job by putting effort into their on screen portrayal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 09:48 PM
Roger Howarth HATED the Todd/Marty "romance" storyline on OLTL but he still did his job. Sharon Case strongly disliked her storyline on Y&R last year but still did her job. Thaao Penghlis didn't like a lot of his material in his 90's and 00's stint on Days but he still delivered. The same goes for Joe Mascolo.

There are plenty of soap actors whose characters get majorly shafted but they still do their job by putting effort into their on screen portrayal.
What about the actors that continue to perform spendidly even after they've been told their character is about to bite the dust?

Its called professionalism.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I do like Drake, honestly. In all of the interviews I've read, he's always come across as a very nice, kind man. Truly. I just think that, as in any job you do, where ever it is, we're paid to do a job, regardless if we like certain aspects of the job or not.

I appreciate the conversation, even if we don't agree. Thank you for that. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

Becki
Jul 31 2013, 09:11 PM
Dee-ann, what about when Jack was given the horrible storyline of having to date Jennifer,while Jennifer dated Daniel at the same time? I think Jack acted like his normal good actor self in that storyline, even though the storyline was ridiculous.
What Drake had to do was far worst. Jack was competing with Daniel for Jennifer, and throughout it all he showed that he loved Jennifer. It was Jennifer that was terrible in that story. The story was that she was dating both guys because it was difficult for her to choose between the two men, but she portrayed it as if she preferred Daniel and was just tolerating Jack out of courtesy to their long history together. It was horrible to watch because of how Jennifer played it, and I just wanted Jack to walk away and find someone new. I am not a Jack and Jen fan, not watched their story before, but I thought her treatment of him was awful and the only scene I liked and I thought they really should be together was when Jack had an attach of the ptsd and Jennifer was their to help him through it. They were both good in that scene.

Now John has loved Marlena for a long while, they have been through a lot together, their relationship was so strong, and yet we are expected to believe that John who is normally intelligent would come up with such a silly plan as to cheat on Marlena and hurt her in that way by having sex with Kristen her worst enemy to stop his 30+ year old son from being any more involved with Kristen. It is more stupid than the story of Jen being torn.

Just like Jennifer who has loved Jack for years and has had children with him, yet she seemed to prefer Daniel who she has only known for a short while. She was suppose to be torn but, by just watching her performance. One could argue that she was not doing a very good job of being torn between two men when we could see that she preferred Daniel more than Jack, and treated Jack sometimes with little respect.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

There's just no defense for Drake. He didn't suck in all of his final scenes. He managed to wake up to work with Eileen. He phoned the other stuff in and lost my support. So while better performances might not have helped him with tptb, it might have helped with some of his fan support.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

DrakeHogestyn: Ok...back to baseball. Yankees vs Dodgers again tonight! A lot of you are mistaking my clubhouse jargon for compromising situations...Great!
https://twitter.com/drakehogestyn/status/362768604854353920
Online Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

talbab1994
Jul 31 2013, 09:41 PM
Dee-anne
talbab1994
Poker Face
Jul 31 2013, 06:35 PM
I can understand why Drake couldn't give his 100% to this John/Kristen/Brady mess, bc he knew how wrong and disgusting that was. It's kind of hard to play a scene when you despise the story underneath so of course that emotion it does show on screen. This year was a bad one for John. Big time. And it sucks that now Drake can't even "fix that" and show the REAL John Black and not this person, we've seen for months. It's truly sad. He deserves another shot.
It really was a crappy storyline but I would think that there has been many actors on soaps that have looked at their script and thought "Really? My character would never do that " but they still hit it out of the park. I don't know if I could really say that about him. He can do a good job at acting but this go around I had a hard time finding that in him.
I am curious. Can you give me an example, and it should be just as bad as the one that was written for John.
The one that jumps out at me was Kim Zimmer's Reva playing the clone. I've read where she HATED that storyline, thought it was stuipd BUT she still did her job. That was one bad storyline!

Even as a viewer, I look at RH on GH playing Franco playing Jason. I really have to wonder if he looks at this and think Jesus take the wheel BUT he does his job. Heck, even Allison Sweeney has said that there's been storylines for Sami that she didn't get and hated but she still did her job.

Look, I know that the character of John had crappy writing but I still contend that if you look at other shows and other actors they've had some storylines that they hated but they still gave it their all and we as viewers didn't know until after.

James Scott has complained about storylines he had to do on Days-- hated the writing, didn't fit his character. Did he even say that some of the writing "Sucked"?

Just curious-- has anyone else read interviews from soap actors that have said that they didn't like a storyline they were in but still did it ?

Alice Sweeney and James Scott has put on some terrible performances sometimes, so I personally would not use them as an example. I can still think of recent scenes where they have been awful but,you might not think the story line was awful.

The story of RH playing Franco is still different from what John had to do. RH was playing Franco but, I was still seeing Todd in his portrayal. And I would not exactly say that story was awful, it was boring but it's was a way to insert RH back on the show. He had a functioning brain. They took John's brain away from him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jul 31 2013, 10:09 PM
talbab1994
Jul 31 2013, 09:41 PM
Dee-anne
talbab1994

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Alice Sweeney and James Scott has put on some terrible performances sometimes, so I personally would not use them as an example. I can still think of recent scenes where they have been awful but,you might not think the story line was awful.

The story of RH playing Franco is still different from what John had to do. RH was playing Franco but, I was still seeing Todd in his portrayal. And I would not exactly say that story was awful, it was boring but it's was a way to insert RH back on the show. He had a functioning brain. They took John's brain away from him.
Todd isn't supposed to be Franco, that's just it. You may see Todd in him but that's not who he's doing.

I would think that every actor, soap or otherwise, have had things that aren't proud of....the point is they did their job. There were times when I felt like he didn't even want to do that. I know it was the storyline but as a viewer, I want an actor playing a part to suck me in to their point of view...help me understand where that person's motivation is coming from and why they are doing this. I didn't get that from Drake. On the flip side, ED, had to sell the same reasoning and I felt like she did.

I'm not going to argue. I know how much you like Drake and I respect that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Sparrow
Jul 31 2013, 08:22 PM
You can't because you're not allowed to yet? Or you can't because you don't have any good news to report?

Ask me in a month or two? It's still 107 or so days away. Have to leave some mystery and intrigue??
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2013, 11:24 PM
Sparrow
You can't because you're not allowed to yet? Or you can't because you don't have any good news to report?

Ask me in a month or two? It's still 107 or so days away. Have to leave some mystery and intrigue??
so that would make whatever it is you have scoop on take place on November 15th?!
(yes, i admit, i did the calculation. lol.)
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 31 2013, 11:28 PM
Jason47
Jul 31 2013, 11:24 PM
Sparrow

so that would make whatever it is you have scoop on take place on November 15th?!
that should be right around Eileen's last day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
November 15th?!
Wow, that's so far away.

Yum, a few weeks before turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and cranberry sauce!!

Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, Jul 31 2013, 11:56 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Meanwhile, even NBC's media site has removed Drake already...yet a faceless bio of Renee Jones remains. :shrug:

Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2013, 11:36 PM
Supergirlx2
November 15th?!
Wow, that's so far away.

Yum, a few weeks before turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and cranberry sauce!!

:popcorn:
or about 5 weeks after, depending on what side of the border you're on. ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2013, 11:39 PM
Meanwhile, even NBC's media site has removed Drake already...yet a faceless bio of Renee Jones remains. :shrug:

Posted Image
looking at the NBC media site itself, why is Kristian's pic the only one that's 6-7 years old? it's not that it's a bad pic, it's just that it doesn't really seem fair that everyone else has a recent (aka taken within the last 2 or so years), yet she doesn't. and it's not like there aren't any more recent pics.

i do agree that it's a bit strange that Renee's bio is still there.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Did Drake make somebody angry?

I don't necessarily think so...but if his information was taken off so quickly while Renee's is still there, that's odd.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2013, 11:36 PM
Supergirlx2
November 15th?!
Wow, that's so far away.

:popcorn:
Posted Image

At least you have news that you're looking forward to telling us. Hopefully you'll find more good news to post.
Offline Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic