Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, July 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 31 2013, 08:21 AM (7,794 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

today's show was directed by Albert Alarr with a lackluster (imo) script by Janet Iacobuzio
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will and Sonny, you can take a baby hiking and camping. You really can. And you can leave the baby with its mother or with its grandparents or greatgrandparents for a couple days. In fact, that's kind of a healthy thing to do - get away for a few days.

But that was still a nice, well-played scene. CM played both love for Sonny and crippling insecurity. I don't like the insecurity part so much, but at least it was well-played.

six
Member Avatar

Will should just go ahead and book Sonny and Substitute Will a hotel room.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Today was boring. :sleep2: :yawnz:

jb1183

I miss Lumi.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Today may have been slow, but Kayla's all around awesomeness and smarts plus a lovely lumi scene made it worth watching.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

If Will was anything like some of the gay men I know, he would invite Brent over for a threesome with him and Sonny. Then Brent would go back to his life after having the opportunity to climb Mt. Sonny. Of course that would require the writers to actually write Will as a confident and sexual gay man instead of this insecure, spineless, asexual jerk that he currently is.

Mouse Mom

Matt
Jul 31 2013, 12:10 PM
am103
Jul 31 2013, 12:09 PM
WHY are EJ and Kayla having a civil conversation right now?! I don't even care that it's about Sami's case. HE TORUTED HER HUSBAND.

And now they're re-writing it to say that Sami didn't kill Bernardi after all. Well, this story just lost its potency.
But this "re-writing" was actually foreshadowed when Bernardi actually died so I don't view this a re-writing as much as a reveal of what had already been planned.
I totally agree, we sort of knew Sami wouldn't be the cause of his death because of the way it all played out, going to be ok and then oops, dead. Don't think this is rewrite, just the way it was planned to play out all along.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 31 2013, 12:48 PM
Rafe is doing a bad impersonation of Grandma Walton after the stroke.
But only sometimes. There's no continuity in Galen's acting. One second, he can barely gasp out two words together, then Nick shows up and he's all Macho Man, laying down the law with nary a trace of a problem.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 31 2013, 12:14 PM
Matt
Jul 31 2013, 12:10 PM
am103
Jul 31 2013, 12:09 PM
WHY are EJ and Kayla having a civil conversation right now?! I don't even care that it's about Sami's case. HE TORUTED HER HUSBAND.

And now they're re-writing it to say that Sami didn't kill Bernardi after all. Well, this story just lost its potency.
But this "re-writing" was actually foreshadowed when Bernardi actually died so I don't view this a re-writing as much as a reveal of what had already been planned.
Oh, I know! Lol. But the fact that Bernardi died of some other cause (probably Stefano) that didn't involve Sami kind of ruins the point of her going to jail. I wanted her to fry, lol.
I don't think it changes much at all. Either because Bernardi didn't die of a gunshot wound or because she was acting in self-defense, Sami was always going to have an "out." I mean, we've always known it wasn't pre-meditated murder, so I don't get how potentially changing her "out" matters much.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 31 2013, 12:43 PM
This show is SERIOUSLY dragging for me today.
Yep, watched the whole thing and didn't even bother to comment. It was complete filler. I don't mind a filler episode, but if you do one, you have to have really on point and interesting character interactions so the lack of plot isn't so noticeable. This episode definitely lacked that.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Good gawd...how long is this day anyway? Seems like we have seen Kate in that fugly gray outfit forever.

jb1183

Wow, we got Lucas for about four whole minutes today. I feel so spoiled! :rolleyes: If we're lucky, maybe we'll see him for FIVE whole minutes next month.
Edited by jb1183, Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

jb1183
Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM
Wow, we got Lucas for about four whole minutes today. I feel so spoiled! :rolleyes: If we're lucky, maybe we'll see him for FIVE whole minutes next month.
you don't have to wait till next month, he's on tomorrow, likely for 3 minutes, lol....

jb1183

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 01:43 PM
jb1183
Jul 31 2013, 01:42 PM
you don't have to wait till next month, he's on tomorrow, likely for 3 minutes, lol....
Although, technically speaking, tomorrow is the start of a new month, lol. But I'm glad to know he'll be on. Now if only he could get his OWN story....

lachelle73

Will what are you doing, there is NO way I would send Sonny off alone with Brent. Sonny may not be interested but Brent sure is and Will you better be careful before you push Sonny away. I don't like Brent knew he was up to something another Brian. I wish Sonny would tell Will NO I don't want to go, and I wish instead Sonny would get a babysitter since Gabi is always gone and he and Will go away together for a few days that would be good;writers when are we going to see Will and Sonny have some much needed alone time and that talk they really, really need to have. Will stop pushing the man you love away didn't Marlena already warn you about this. Stop being insecure Will and get in the game with your man. Sonny is the man everybody wants him!!! Even if Sonny does go I trust Sonny, Will has nothing to worry about but he needs to set Brent straight just like he did Brian. When is Brent going away I don't like him, at least Brian I could tolerate but Brent I see no chem with him and Sonny. Sonny looked like he didn't even want to let Brent come in when he came to the door. Come on Will stop feeling sorry for yourself and be that confident guy we know you are.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

:yawnz: pretty dull episode with a few exceptions.

Nick and Gabi and that look shared between them. Don't abandon this couple!
Rafe not letting Nick speak and giving him what for.
Lucas giving Sami his support.
The cop dropping the water bottle instead of handing it to Sami.
Lastly, Sami admitting she do the same thing again. At least she's sticking to her convictions.

I think Gabi could manage for two weeks without Sonny and Will if they wanted to travel. So that whole 'holding him back' set-up is falling flat. Will's constant insecurity with Sonny is annoying.

I'd rather Justin be the one Kayla talked to rather than Ej. Her confiding in him all this information felt wrong.

Marlene

Mirage75
Jul 31 2013, 11:50 AM
I loved scruffy Justin. :swoon: And absolutely loathed JC's Angelica lol. Jane Elliott will always be my favorite Angelica. JC's version was so over the top at times. But she did give Justin and Adrienne some high drama. And yes, Alexander needs to get his happy ass back into Salem and cause some major chaos in the Kiriakis mansion- anything to continue to have Justin and Adrienne front and center. And yes, even bring Angelica back too. If it would mean more story for Justin and Adrienne.

I want so much to agree with this, but as a J&M fan, I'm so afraid of what this might do to J&A.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Hamilton
Jul 31 2013, 02:03 PM
I'd rather Justin be the one Kayla talked to rather than Ej. Her confiding in him all this information felt wrong.

this!!! Kayla shouldn't be so willing to help EJ. It makes sense that Kayla would want to help her niece, but her & EJ teaming up doesn't make sense in the least. have the writers forgotten about EJ, Steve, & the mind control cards?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jul 31 2013, 02:05 PM
Mirage75
Jul 31 2013, 11:50 AM
I loved scruffy Justin. :swoon: And absolutely loathed JC's Angelica lol. Jane Elliott will always be my favorite Angelica. JC's version was so over the top at times. But she did give Justin and Adrienne some high drama. And yes, Alexander needs to get his happy ass back into Salem and cause some major chaos in the Kiriakis mansion- anything to continue to have Justin and Adrienne front and center. And yes, even bring Angelica back too. If it would mean more story for Justin and Adrienne.

I want so much to agree with this, but as a J&M fan, I'm so afraid of what this might do to J&A.
Isn't that sad too? I know what you mean.... :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply