Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, July 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 31 2013, 08:21 AM (7,488 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 31 2013, 09:23 PM
OliveAnn
Jul 31 2013, 09:06 AM
Oh, Wally Kurth, don't grow a beard ever again. You're much better-looking when you're clean-shaven and your dimples are exposed.
One of the very few men I can say looks better without facial hair!!
Galen Gering and JKJ are two others.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

scifi7
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 31 2013, 09:43 PM
gailwinters
Jul 31 2013, 08:51 PM
It doesn't matter who hears EJ.....you know there isn't going to be a body to exhume.
You think there's not gonna be a body?

Did I miss something?
There is a spoiler for next week that implies as much.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

scifi7
Jul 31 2013, 09:22 PM
Kayla cannot stand EJ and even in her interaction with him today you can tell, but ultimately he is the one leading Sami's defense and Sami's freedom is more important than snarking at EJ's actions from six years ago. They may not like the man, but they know that he loves Sami very much and she is the most important thing in his life.

Justin is her lawyer not Ej....and Justin was really close to walking away from the case because of Ej and Sami concealing info from him... Id say that Ej has done more to screw Sami's chances than anything else. He's a lawyer and he knows the importance if telling lawyers everything, he purposely told people to destroy the video and say nothing about it

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I thought the scenes between Rafe and Nick were one of the best out of the episode.
I like how they set it up with Rafe recounting the facts so we the viewers knew he was up to speed. Rafe calling Nick on the carpet for his lies and manipulations while not listening to excuses and apologies was spot on for Rafe's character. Rafe's angry with Nick for the promises Nick made which Rafe believed were earnest. Rafe gave him his trust and was deceived. But, even in his anger Rafe is willing to give Nick another chance. Nick has to prove himself not with words, but with action and Rafe will be watching. It was well written and true to the man Rafe is known to be. I'm so glad they included this exchange between the two men.

(BTW - Had he known about it, Rafe would never have supported Nick blackmailing Will no matter how he felt about Sami.)

Edited by Hamilton, Jul 31 2013, 09:57 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kriss4
gailwinters
It doesn't matter who hears EJ.....you know there isn't going to be a body to exhume.

Did I miss something?
I think they had Joe's body cremated. It's such a soapy twist to have.

I would pay to see Marge hold Joe's ashes to Sami's face and go, "ASHES, SAMI. AAAASHES!!" :laugh:

Kriss4

Yeah.

Kayla will put Sami first. You can tell Kayla doesn't like EJ. Her life, and Steve's, got directly impacted by his actions. But she was civil, and EJ didn't really deserve it, or even appreciate her efforts on Sami's behalf.

scifi7
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 09:48 PM
scifi7
Kayla cannot stand EJ and even in her interaction with him today you can tell, but ultimately he is the one leading Sami's defense and Sami's freedom is more important than snarking at EJ's actions from six years ago. They may not like the man, but they know that he loves Sami very much and she is the most important thing in his life.

Justin is her lawyer not Ej....and Justin was really close to walking away from the case because of Ej and Sami concealing info from him... Id say that Ej has done more to screw Sami's chances than anything else. He's a lawyer and he knows the importance if telling lawyers everything, he purposely told people to destroy the video and say nothing about it
Even after their lies, if Justin had a problem with EJ meeting Kayla he would not have allowed him to go off on his own and see her since Justin was the one Kayla called in the first place, so not really seeing what is the point here. After all EJ himself being a lawyer, got right on it and had Justin start the process via filing the paperwork.

Secondly there was a very valid reason for destroying the video and if Adrienne and her issues had not intervened they would have gotten away with it, not to mention the fact that Justin knowing about the video would not have changed the impact of Adrienne's reveal; Sami would be exactly where she is now. So that is not on EJ either.

marie1969

TreasureCove
Jul 31 2013, 09:08 PM
marie1969
Jul 31 2013, 08:50 PM
Hamilton
Jul 31 2013, 02:03 PM
:yawnz: pretty dull episode with a few exceptions.

Nick and Gabi and that look shared between them. Don't abandon this couple!
Rafe not letting Nick speak and giving him what for.
Lucas giving Sami his support.
The cop dropping the water bottle instead of handing it to Sami.
Lastly, Sami admitting she do the same thing again. At least she's sticking to her convictions.

I think Gabi could manage for two weeks without Sonny and Will if they wanted to travel. So that whole 'holding him back' set-up is falling flat. Will's constant insecurity with Sonny is annoying.

I'd rather Justin be the one Kayla talked to rather than Ej. Her confiding in him all this information felt wrong.

Ej is the one paying for Sami's defense. he is one who hired justin which makes him his boss. Besides, the bradys know that Ej would do anything to get Sami out of this jam. They seem to count on him to fix this mess.

It was obvious that Kayla can not stand Ej (for good reason), but I was impressed that she was willing to put her personal feelings aside to help her niece. Go Kayla.
If EJ had found out Sami wanted to hide his child from him just because she and Rafe were getting back together, he could easily be setting Sami up while making it appear that he was helping her.

Kayla should be side-eyeing EJ and talking directly to Justin, not trusting the man who tortured her husband and tried to murder their daughter and nephew, after dating their daughter no less!

we will have to agree to disagree on this one.:)
TreasureCove
Jul 31 2013, 09:26 PM
Or he wanted to protect his pregnant sister from the woman who kept attacking her over-and-over. He fully trusted that his sister would make sure that Will would be a part of the baby's life. And Gabi, even while being railroaded by Nick, was still determaned that Will be a part of the baby's life. Such as going against Nick to insist that Will be the Godfather.

on her own terms and as she sees fit. if she changes her mind down the line, Will would have no legal recourse.

Wow how generous of Gabi to let the biological father be the Godfather. Isn't ironic though that she is now smooching off of wilson after she let Nick treat them like dirty while she turned the other way.

marie1969

LuvingLumi
Jul 31 2013, 09:48 PM
scifi7

It seems to me that Ej is acting co-counsel. he is very involved in her defense. he is only letting Justin be lead counsel because he is too emotional involved. Besides, he is the one who hired Justin and er is the one writing the big check. I don't see anyone offering to pay for Sami's defense or her bail.

Most importantly Sami has no problem having Ej heavily involved in the investigation. She trusts him and relies on him 1000%. They are in this together.

lysie
Member Avatar

I haven't gotten the impression that EJ is actually working on Sami's case at all as anything more than her fiancÚ. He wanted Justin because the DiMera name wasn't going to help. He's doing what most romantic interests do in these stories, and yes it's overstepping bounds and yes it's normal. And yes, EJ is at fault for choosing to conceal evidence. I don't even see why that's debatable. That's on EJ, Sonny, Will, Sami, Chad, and Abby. Not Adrienne. Adrienne is being a shrew about it but that doesn't take the blame away from the people who chose to withhold evidence and/or lie under oath. It'd crack me up if Sami was freed from the mirder charge and then imprisoned for obstruction of justice. Sami does look pretty dumb for trusting EJ though since so far he's only made things worse.

I think a lot of people are missing the point of discussion though. Big fat duh that Sami doesn't mind EJ being overly involved. Just because she doesn't mind doesn't mean it makes sense or is less stupid. If Sami would like to chime in, then that would be a relevant observation. Obviously Justin didn't stop EJ from talking to Kayla. That doesn't change what was being discussed which is that Justin is her lawyer, not EJ.

I'm going to remind y'all one more time that this is not a fanbase board. If you think your favorite character can do no wrong, you probably don't need to be discussing here. There are boards that are much better suited for that.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Jul 31 2013, 02:01 PM
Will what are you doing, there is NO way I would send Sonny off alone with Brent. Sonny may not be interested but Brent sure is and Will you better be careful before you push Sonny away. I don't like Brent knew he was up to something another Brian. I wish Sonny would tell Will NO I don't want to go, and I wish instead Sonny would get a babysitter since Gabi is always gone and he and Will go away together for a few days that would be good;writers when are we going to see Will and Sonny have some much needed alone time and that talk they really, really need to have. Will stop pushing the man you love away didn't Marlena already warn you about this. Stop being insecure Will and get in the game with your man. Sonny is the man everybody wants him!!! Even if Sonny does go I trust Sonny, Will has nothing to worry about but he needs to set Brent straight just like he did Brian. When is Brent going away I don't like him, at least Brian I could tolerate but Brent I see no chem with him and Sonny. Sonny looked like he didn't even want to let Brent come in when he came to the door. Come on Will stop feeling sorry for yourself and be that confident guy we know you are.
Baby Arianna has a town full of relatives who would happily watch her for a couple of weeks if Will and Sonny wanted to head off to Bryce Canyon with Brent. They do not need to hire a babysitter. Hell, they could let Maggie take care of her while they were gone as it would give Maggie something worthwhile to do besides pimping Salem's worst couple. Kate, Lucas and Marlena would all gladly keep her for a week or two.

Will's insecurities are going to turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy if keeps pushing Sonny away from him. How in the hell is someone as spineless as Will actually the son of Sami and Lucas?

camera shy

Is Brent Sonny's old boyfriend or is he just an old friend?

zyona

Honeybees
Jul 31 2013, 02:31 PM
LonePirate
Jul 31 2013, 01:16 PM
If Will was anything like some of the gay men I know, he would invite Brent over for a threesome with him and Sonny. Then Brent would go back to his life after having the opportunity to climb Mt. Sonny. Of course that would require the writers to actually write Will as a confident and sexual gay man instead of this insecure, spineless, asexual jerk that he currently is.
We've had two love scenes with Wilson, and they were pretty naked in both of them. I think we're due for another one, but I don't think Will has been portrayed as asexual where Sonny is concerned. Remember when he tried and failed to use sex to get them back together? Also, I liked that his first kiss was not with Sonny but some random guy he met at a party, and there was at least a hint that Will was out doing stuff with guys other than Sonny before they got together. Also, the show made a point of Sonny saying he'd had a sex life all those months when he was rarely onscreen.

I'm not terribly fond of the Will insecurity thing, but I do think it makes sense that Will is insecure about everything that he has put Sonny through. I also like that Will has been pulled into a bit of Kiriakas family drama and was not an a-hole about Sonny accidentally sending the video or Adrienne coming forward with it. In the latter case, he simply admitted that her actions hurt his mom, and therefor hurt him. Sonny appeared more upset.

Will and Sonny are now young parents, so it stands to reason that sex would be a little harder to make time for. It wasn't that long ago when Sonny was trying to get alone with Will and they kept getting interrupted by visitors.

Will and Sonny are in the middle of an umbrella story, and they've got a little side story of their own. It's not perfect, but it's still entertaining to me.
I am not that crazy of insecure Will, but look who his parents are? The kid can use a lifetime pass of therapy.

Sevprince

camera shy
Jul 31 2013, 11:01 PM
He is just an old friend.

camera shy

Sevprince
Jul 31 2013, 11:06 PM
camera shy
Thanks. Will's so threatened I thought he was an old boyfriend.

Sevprince

camera shy
Jul 31 2013, 11:09 PM
Sevprince
Jul 31 2013, 11:06 PM
camera shy
Thanks. Will's so threatened I thought he was an old boyfriend.
I know right. I can't imagine how Will would react to an ex-boyfriend of Sonny's. I would love to see it especially if he turned out to be a Dimera. I also would love to see Adrienne's reaction to that. She would be in predicament.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

scifi7
Jul 31 2013, 09:45 PM
Kriss4
gailwinters

Did I miss something?
There is a spoiler for next week that implies as much.
I know there wont be a body to exhume.
I think :flipoff: Stefeno may have ordered his goons
to take the body.I guess Stefeno plans to get back
at EJ by causing havock for Sami.

am103
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 31 2013, 09:50 PM
Kriss4
gailwinters

Did I miss something?

I would pay to see Marge hold Joe's ashes to Sami's face and go, "ASHES, SAMI. AAAASHES!!" :laugh:
Oh my God. YES.

Kriss4

Well, I wonder if there's another way to pull it off. No body...no evidence of foul play.

Now I wonder EJ and Justin will do in response. TPTB have to have some idea, since they took the story in this direction.

Edited by Kriss4, Aug 1 2013, 12:55 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

scifi7

I do think the Bradys/Marlena/Will believe that EJ will do anything to help Sami. And maybe they are desperate enough to be okay with that. But I'm also hoping that their willingness to let EJ take the lead comes back to bite them in the ass because they should know that EJ is an end-justifies-the-means type pf guy. So yeah, EJ is willing to do ANYTHING to free Sami and if the story is written properly, then that anything should end being something very, very bad. :popcorn:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply