Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DOOL Stars on Top Chef: Masters; Updated with Video Clip on p2
Topic Started: Jul 31 2013, 10:02 PM (3,802 Views)
Salem
Member Avatar

Favorite line from Deidre was "I am tired of eating this..."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 8 2013, 12:17 AM
I also like when Bryan said that his babies had been switched.
Oh for the love of god please make this happen.
For ejami to have been lavishing all their love and attention on johnny ( seriously people the stature should be a give away ) only for their true child to be the much neglected allie. Priceless

concerned
Member Avatar

Clips ????

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 7 2013, 10:19 PM
Fun episode tonight! James Reynolds was there too. I didn't see him in the promo. One of the chefs said she was a closet Days fan, and one said, when asked if they recognized any of the Days cast, that he saw Marlena. He said it was his ex wife's favorite soap. Drake didn't like one of he dishes. He said something like it looked as bland as it tasted. I think he used a different word. Deidre didn't like a dish and said she got tired of eating it--it tired her out, LOL
Well, seriously, food can be tiring to eat if it isn't good. Why bother if the food is boring? I know I don't. Even when it's just for myself, there is always color and I always put it on a plate in a presentable way. Otherwise it's just eating to survive.

I'm a foodie, and this is like my fantasy come true, they've combined my two favorite things. Except we should just take out all the others, and just have it be D&D. Then it'd be a fantasy. My favorite ship and food. FOOD.
Edited by The Room Stops, Aug 8 2013, 07:55 AM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 8 2013, 12:14 AM
I am watching it now. They are complaining a lot. "The presentation is as bland as the taste". Ha!

That was the dish that just looked like bland coleslaw. I get it. COLOR, people. You are chefs, for frak's sake, you know that the presentation is half the battle. There were a couple who had pretty good presentations, but way too many that had messy ones. I liked the woman who had her concept dish, with the murder and the knife was still in. It's clever, and it allows for messy because it's a concept dish. But it makes it more important for her flavors to be well put together.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Aug 8 2013, 07:50 AM
Rosebud
Fun episode tonight! James Reynolds was there too. I didn't see him in the promo. One of the chefs said she was a closet Days fan, and one said, when asked if they recognized any of the Days cast, that he saw Marlena. He said it was his ex wife's favorite soap. Drake didn't like one of he dishes. He said something like it looked as bland as it tasted. I think he used a different word. Deidre didn't like a dish and said she got tired of eating it--it tired her out, LOL
Well, seriously, food can be tiring to eat if it isn't good. Why bother if the food is boring? I know I don't. Even when it's just for myself, there is always color and I always put it on a plate in a presentable way. Otherwise it's just eating to survive.

I'm a foodie, and this is like my fantasy come true, they've combined my two favorite things. Except we should just take out all the others, and just have it be D&D. Then it'd be a fantasy. My favorite ship and food. FOOD.
:hail: :hail: :hail: I don't think I stopped smiling once throughout the entire thing...the comments were unabashed - LOVED that..."Tired of eating it", "Bland as it looks", "Who'd want to cuddle with that", "I'm not going to tell you what it reminds me of" - GEMS every one of them. They all looked amazing & it was SO NICE to see some faces we haven't seen much of in months. Bravo, Bravo!!

blueskies
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 8 2013, 08:12 AM
The Room Stops
Aug 8 2013, 07:50 AM
Rosebud

:hail: :hail: :hail: I don't think I stopped smiling once throughout the entire thing...the comments were unabashed - LOVED that..."Tired of eating it", "Bland as it looks", "Who'd want to cuddle with that", "I'm not going to tell you what it reminds me of" - GEMS every one of them. They all looked amazing & it was SO NICE to see some faces we haven't seen much of in months. Bravo, Bravo!!
They did have some awesome comments, but Camilla's "I'm not going to tell you what this reminds me of" had me rolling with laughter.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I was rather curious for a moment...then it dawned on me & I'm REALLY glad I didn't wake up the kids or hubby with my guffaw.

I think the only comment I took exception to was made by one of the chefs who was up for elimination when he said something about the palate's of the diners were not sophisticated - I LOL'ed at that one - pretty much all of them have eaten across the country & globe at places from lunch trucks to fast-foods to "Look what I made!" from their kids/grandkids to five-star restaurants. It came across to me that he had sour grapes about the chance of being eliminated.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Aug 8 2013, 07:54 AM
Angie79
Aug 8 2013, 12:14 AM
I am watching it now. They are complaining a lot. "The presentation is as bland as the taste". Ha!

That was the dish that just looked like bland coleslaw. I get it. COLOR, people. You are chefs, for frak's sake, you know that the presentation is half the battle. There were a couple who had pretty good presentations, but way too many that had messy ones. I liked the woman who had her concept dish, with the murder and the knife was still in. It's clever, and it allows for messy because it's a concept dish. But it makes it more important for her flavors to be well put together.
Yes, that chef didn't take her concept very far. She did something safe because she knew she was good at making those. She deserved to be sent home.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 8 2013, 08:34 AM
I was rather curious for a moment...then it dawned on me & I'm REALLY glad I didn't wake up the kids or hubby with my guffaw.

I think the only comment I took exception to was made by one of the chefs who was up for elimination when he said something about the palate's of the diners were not sophisticated - I LOL'ed at that one - pretty much all of them have eaten across the country & globe at places from lunch trucks to fast-foods to "Look what I made!" from their kids/grandkids to five-star restaurants. It came across to me that he had sour grapes about the chance of being eliminated.
That was funny, but I watch a lot of these chef competitions and believe me, chefs have HUGE egos :blulaugh:

jwsel
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan

I understand your point about the sophisticated palate comment, but if everyone in the cast was really shocked by the raviolo with the egg yolk in it (Uova da Raviolo), it does signal that they may not have the breadth of food experiences one might expect of "celebrity" diners. Not only is it a rather famous dish from Italy, but it also has become fairly trendy at a number of high-end restaurants. In LA, for instance, it is one of the best-known dishes on the menu at Mario Batali's restaurant, Osteria Mozza, and it also is on the menu at the revamped Spago. I suspect the chefs assumed that TV actors probably eat all the time at restaurants like those, and it came as a shock to hear that the cast was unfamiliar with the dish.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 8 2013, 12:38 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan

That was funny, but I watch a lot of these chef competitions and believe me, chefs have HUGE egos :blulaugh:
Actually, I find we're not really that egotistical. I truly believe the people they choose could've done anything else and they also would have had egos - it's their personality, not because of their profession. You honestly cannot be egotistical and work in a kitchen, too much depends on how you work together, because no one works alone. You're too dependant on the others.

They do however, have a very keenly developed gutter-humor. And we can all be brash, just because that's the nature of the business.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

jwsel
Aug 8 2013, 12:49 PM
No1_ILoveLucyFan

I understand your point about the sophisticated palate comment, but if everyone in the cast was really shocked by the raviolo with the egg yolk in it (Uova da Raviolo), it does signal that they may not have the breadth of food experiences one might expect of "celebrity" diners. Not only is it a rather famous dish from Italy, but it also has become fairly trendy at a number of high-end restaurants. In LA, for instance, it is one of the best-known dishes on the menu at Mario Batali's restaurant, Osteria Mozza, and it also is on the menu at the revamped Spago. I suspect the chefs assumed that TV actors probably eat all the time at restaurants like those, and it came as a shock to hear that the cast was unfamiliar with the dish.
I don't remember anyone commenting on not liking the egg yolk (I could be wrong), just remember Drake saying it lacked flavor. Maybe it was one of the professional judges that quoted someone from the cast when informing the contestants about the cast's opinions on the dish, but it was a comment that was edited out of the final show. I'd have to watch the whole show again, LOL If you're right and they were shocked by the egg then I agree with you.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Aug 8 2013, 04:43 PM
Rosebud
No1_ILoveLucyFan

Actually, I find we're not really that egotistical. I truly believe the people they choose could've done anything else and they also would have had egos - it's their personality, not because of their profession. You honestly cannot be egotistical and work in a kitchen, too much depends on how you work together, because no one works alone. You're too dependant on the others.

They do however, have a very keenly developed gutter-humor. And we can all be brash, just because that's the nature of the business.
Oh, I wasn't talking about your average chef out there, I'm talking about some of the ones I see on these competition shows. Especially Top Chef and Chopped. And I'm sorry, I should have said SOME have huge egos. Certainly not all, that's not true at all. Some of them though are really egotistical.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Is this episode online now?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 8 2013, 05:31 PM
The Room Stops
Aug 8 2013, 04:43 PM
Rosebud
No1_ILoveLucyFan

Oh, I wasn't talking about your average chef out there, I'm talking about some of the ones I see on these competition shows. Especially Top Chef and Chopped. And I'm sorry, I should have said SOME have huge egos. Certainly not all, that's not true at all. Some of them though are really egotistical.
It sort of annoys that those are the ones chosen, because I've found that the most talented ones are also the ones who don't take a lot of room, if you know what I mean? Which means that, again, reality is just reality and not an accurate depiction. Which would have been nice to see.

I also feel that most reality competition stars seem to have huge egos, no matter which genre it's in. Sadly. Because I hate egos, and thus I don't watch.

concerned
Member Avatar

http://twitpic.com/d6ps5g

Galen and Curtis Stone pic from show.
Edited by concerned, Aug 8 2013, 08:37 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 8 2013, 08:36 PM
http://twitpic.com/d6ps5g

Galen and Curtis Stone pic from show.
Galen looked SO much better on this show than I think he ever has on Days. Reminded me why I loved him so much on Passions. I don't know if it was the lighting or the clothes, or just that he's shaved closer than Rafe generally does.

Ellie

This is the part where the Days stars were on. There was soap discussion in the rest of the episode as well; some of the "I know Bo and Hope" comments were in other segments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozYJc2qqJE

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

That was fun. A bit strange that Hope wasn't there flashing jewelry and whatnot, especially since the character got a shout out. Also- quite a bit of Datillo, all things considered. As far as promotional opportunities go, I feel like they made some odd choices.

I don't know where the comment came about the Days cast being shocked by the egg in the pasta, either.

The nice thing about the comment about unsophisticated palates was that one judge shot it down, the judge owned up to intentionally using a lot of spice, and another contestant said it was too strong. So, he kinda got shot down, imho.

Nice to see the Days crew out and about, though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply