Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, August 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 09:08 AM (6,913 Views)
Romancer66

jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Does Maxine ever talk about anything else but Fetch? Give it a rest already.
You'd think some of these Fetch proppers were living through them vicariously. It's moving past annoying into seriously creepy territory.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

Bright Eyes
Aug 1 2013, 08:00 PM
Jennifer needs to see Daniel cheating on her with Theresa, have a mental breakdown and in a haze shoot and kill him, a la Susan Hunter Martin Peters. Then, after a solid recovery and some time to find herself and deal with J.J., she'll get back her REAL career at The Spectator, fall in love with some new guy, have to deal with his crazy ass wife, THEN Jack can come back from the dead, leaving Jennifer in emotional turmoil once again.

:D
I was going to ask whatever happened to Jenn's career as a reporter?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

Bright Eyes
Aug 1 2013, 08:00 PM
Jennifer needs to see Daniel cheating on her with Theresa, have a mental breakdown and in a haze shoot and kill him, a la Susan Hunter Martin Peters. Then, after a solid recovery and some time to find herself and deal with J.J., she'll get back her REAL career at The Spectator, fall in love with some new guy, have to deal with his crazy ass wife, THEN Jack can come back from the dead, leaving Jennifer in emotional turmoil once again.

:D
You had me up until Jennifer falling in love with some new guy. Been there, done that, too many times to mention, and it's gotten progressively suckier with repetition. How about The Spectator gets purchased by an anonymous buyer who turns out to be an amnesiac Jack, now romantically involved with a rich, powerful woman who gave him new life and a purpose during his recovery from his injuries and continued memory loss?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Aug 1 2013, 12:43 PM
bwahaha Hope to Jennifer: "Do you know who you sound like? You sound like Jack." lol
i'm working on it.... ;)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
Aug 1 2013, 12:50 PM
Are we on a new day? It's different characters than yesterday so I can't tell.
it's morning, so i'm assuming that it is a new day.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Aug 1 2013, 08:07 PM
jb1183
You'd think some of these Fetch proppers were living through them vicariously. It's moving past annoying into seriously creepy territory.
I used to like Maxine. We only saw the actress for a few minutes at a time but she made the most of it. She had a "take-no-bullshit" attitude, but with a softening of her voice and a twinkle in her eyes she showed real heart.

I liked the time that Stefano threatened her job and she stood up to him without fear, and without posturing or false bravado. She simply looked him in the eye and stated the truth-That she wasn't afraid of him or what he could do to her career. She'd walked in the hospital door on her own for a job, and she had no problem walking right back out it to find another one.

Why the hell did they have to ruin Maxine by making her so obsessed with fetch? She should be giving Taniel and podifer attitude for their unprofessional bullshit.

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Aug 1 2013, 09:08 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Ohhhhhhhhhh how I miss him!!!

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Aug 1 2013, 12:01 PM
Both Jennifer & Hope look AMAZING today! I absolutely LOVE that dress on Jenn!
Hope for sure! But never surprised at that. Jennifer, I'm still studyin'

Sweet and Salty

Cute hair on Abigail!

Sweet and Salty

YES!!! JJ and Uncle Lucas....the only two sane ones left on the show!!

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Aug 1 2013, 12:12 PM
Anne & Theresa sniping at one another is HIGHLY amusing & entertaining. lol
TOO funny!! THIS is gonna be fun!!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I found today's show much better than yesterday. As others have stated nothing really happened storyline wise but the scenes/dialogue and acting were pretty good.

I liked the Chad/Cameron/Abby/Theo scenes. It's nice to see these people doing summer stuff the way we all do. It's good for the show to showcase that from time to time....too bad that we know Chad is leaving, it would have been nice to have Chad and Abby be an official item when Chad is diagnosed with whatever it he has....but alas, another missed opportunity by Days.

I was swooning today.....OMG.....and my Ericole loving heart was in full pitter patter mode. The way he looked at her, the way her eyes teared up realizing that she effed up when she criticized Sami to Eric the other day. Damn Ari is amazing.....and finally someone that Eric trusts told him what he already knows....why do I think that finally this confirmation from Hope coupled with the news that Brady was with Nicole sexually might send Eric into his own fantasy filled August....HOPING!!

I was actually astounded at how many good scenes they gave Bryan today. It just can't be that I'm a fan, or maybe it is....but I just find that Bryan's line delivery has always been pretty good, but he's gotten better the last couple of times we've seen him on air. Today was great because we actually saw enough of him to be able to critique his acting and boy was I pleased with what I got. I loved both the JJ and Jennifer scenes with Lucas. These need to happen more often. You know, I love Drake, I really am a John fan (always have been), but I can see where some people are criticizing his acting. For the most part, Bryan was put in the same boat as John was in back around the time these scenes were filmed, and back then Drake had no clue if he would be popping up on occasion but still put in virtually no effort in his scenes the last few months.....however, compare that to Bryan's acting from the moment his airtime was reduced last year up until the time these were filmed when he was clearly already made aware that we had been bumped to recurring and you can only see him get better, not worse. Granted, we haven't really seen a lot of him to be able to tell but from the little he's given, he's nailed all the scenes. If the show is looking for feedback on Bryan's performance I haven't seen one single post anywhere saying anything negative about him....so that must be good right?

jb1183

TreasureCove
Aug 1 2013, 08:39 PM
Romancer66
Aug 1 2013, 08:07 PM
jb1183
I used to like Maxine. We only saw the actress for a few minutes at a time but she made the most of it. She had a "take-no-bullshit" attitude, but with a softening of her voice and a twinkle in her eyes she showed real heart.

I liked the time that Stefano threatened her job and she stood up to him without fear, and without posturing or false bravado. She simply looked him in the eye and stated the truth-That she wasn't afraid of him or what he could do to her career. She'd walked in the hospital door on her own for a job, and she had no problem walking right back out it to find another one.

Why the hell did they have to ruin Maxine by making her so obsessed with fetch? She should be giving Taniel and podifer attitude for their unprofessional bullshit.
So true. There used to be more to her and she brought a nice energy to her scenes, but now her entire onscreen existence revolves around propping Daniel and Fetch. The same thing has happened to Maggie, and it's made both characters extremely annoying. And, as Romancer 66 stated so well, it's moved into the point of creepy how overly preoccupied these people are with this relationship. I've never seen a couple on a soap opera break up and have this many people constantly harping on them to get back together.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Kriss4
Aug 1 2013, 07:58 PM
I don't see why they can't cast Autumn for Lucas, Mike Horton for Kayla, bring Vargas back for Hope.
They should really bring Autumn with a kid in tow.

Sweet and Salty

LOL@Nicole's "Maybe I shouldn't talk this way about the big church guy".

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

Best parts of today's show for me was:
1. NO SAMI
2. NO EJ
3. LUCAS
4. Loved Jen's dress
5. Loved Hope's shirt
6. Did I mention LUCAS?
7. Loved Nicole's hair
8. Loved conversation between Hope and Eric.
9. Oh...and Lucas.
10.Theo and Abe
11.And did I mention no SAMI or EJ
That is all :$

jb1183

LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 09:38 PM
Kriss4
I don't see why they can't cast Autumn for Lucas, Mike Horton for Kayla, bring Vargas back for Hope.
A long lost child for Lucas would be a great potential storyline for him, although I think I'd prefer an older one that he fathered before being introduced onto the show.

Kriss4

Oh. You know what I did like?

Well, aside from seeing Lucas and Hope, which is always good...I liked that Hope had talked to "Kimber" about Theresa, and that Kimber told her that Theresa had had a bumpy time.

I'm still unhappy that we didn't get to see the lunch between Jennifer, Hope, Kayla, and Caroline the other day. We HEARD about it, and I would have wanted to see it, and hear their discussion, which I think would have been great to gain some insight into their thoughts about Theresa and how they might help her.
"

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 09:43 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 09:38 PM
Kriss4
A long lost child for Lucas would be a great potential storyline for him, although I think I'd prefer an older one that he fathered before being introduced onto the show.
Even better.....when he was introduced he was doing Cherish the rock star.....how about if Cherish had a kid from that encounter 20 years ago and this girl is older than WIll....shows up in town with alcoholism issues......he meets her at an AA meeting....that is a very good potential storyline for him....link this chick to Franco somehow and you got a good freaking story....she had a relationship with Franco's younger brother, who hired her to kill Lucas in revenge for killing his brother.....but somehow she turns out to be his daughter and as she's about to kill him she finds out who he is....then she has issues with gay men...but now with Will leaving we won't get that opportunity, not that Days would even attempt to give Lucas a story...but as we see it's not too hard

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Aug 1 2013, 09:54 PM
Oh. You know what I did like?

Well, aside from seeing Lucas and Hope, which is always good...I liked that Hope had talked to "Kimber" about Theresa, and that Kimber told her that Theresa had had a bumpy time.

I'm still unhappy that we didn't get to see the lunch between Jennifer, Hope, Kayla, and Caroline the other day. We HEARD about it, and I would have wanted to see it, and hear their discussion, which I think would have been great to gain some insight into their thoughts about Theresa and how they might help her.
"
wait wait wait wait... what supposed lunch?? i'm totally bummed that the audience wasn't invited!
Jen/Hope/Kayla/Caroline lunch chit chat >>>>>> EJ/Sami or Jen/Dan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply