Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, August 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 09:08 AM (7,082 Views)
Kriss4

They think if they get the characters that we like to adore Dannifer, we'll fall in line. But that never works because there has to be something appealing about the pairing first.

I never objected when a character I liked encouraged a couple IF I already loved the couple. Then it was fine. But there's that pesky little detail, you know...LIKING the couple that they're pushing...it's a prerequisite.

Maxine can talk about how great Daniel is all she wants. Kayla can. Hope can.

It's not gonna work for me. I'll just roll my eyes and wait til they're done.

I wish TPTB would see that if they have to work so hard to make a pairing work, it's not really working at all. I wish they'd see that there's something about Daniel that many of us don't like. He's been written poorly, shown to be fickle and self-interested.

He's not evil, but he's written as if he's a gift to women everywhere. Everyone just loves him, and really, there should be some concerns out there by the people who love Jennifer. They should wonder when he's going to hurt her, because that's what he's done before, several times. If Jennifer makes a mistake, Daniel will drop her and then proceed to essentially ignore her existence while he scouts out his next female companion, which will happen within a week or two.

It's what he does.
Edited by Kriss4, Aug 1 2013, 10:05 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jb1183

LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 09:56 PM
jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 09:43 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 09:38 PM
Kriss4
Aug 1 2013, 07:58 PM
I don't see why they can't cast Autumn for Lucas, Mike Horton for Kayla, bring Vargas back for Hope.
They should really bring Autumn with a kid in tow.
A long lost child for Lucas would be a great potential storyline for him, although I think I'd prefer an older one that he fathered before being introduced onto the show.
Even better.....when he was introduced he was doing Cherish the rock star.....how about if Cherish had a kid from that encounter 20 years ago and this girl is older than WIll....shows up in town with alcoholism issues......he meets her at an AA meeting....that is a very good potential storyline for him....link this chick to Franco somehow and you got a good freaking story....she had a relationship with Franco's younger brother, who hired her to kill Lucas in revenge for killing his brother.....but somehow she turns out to be his daughter and as she's about to kill him she finds out who he is....then she has issues with gay men...but now with Will leaving we won't get that opportunity, not that Days would even attempt to give Lucas a story...but as we see it's not too hard
Yes, that would be too good to ever actually happen.

And you've also just demonstrated that it only takes a few minutes of thought to come up with an interesting storyline for Lucas that draws on his unique history. The professional writers have no excuse for not coming up with something more substantial for him.
Edited by jb1183, Aug 1 2013, 10:03 PM.

Kriss4

Supergirlx2
Aug 1 2013, 09:58 PM
Kriss4
Aug 1 2013, 09:54 PM
Oh. You know what I did like?

Well, aside from seeing Lucas and Hope, which is always good...I liked that Hope had talked to "Kimber" about Theresa, and that Kimber told her that Theresa had had a bumpy time.

I'm still unhappy that we didn't get to see the lunch between Jennifer, Hope, Kayla, and Caroline the other day. We HEARD about it, and I would have wanted to see it, and hear their discussion, which I think would have been great to gain some insight into their thoughts about Theresa and how they might help her.
"
wait wait wait wait... what supposed lunch?? i'm totally bummed that the audience wasn't invited!
Jen/Hope/Kayla/Caroline lunch chit chat >>>>>> EJ/Sami or Jen/Dan

Yeah. Last week, Theresa was lying to Jennifer as usual. She hadn't been in the office doing her job, and as an excuse, she told Jen that she'd needed to spend time with her family because they were so upset about Sami. But Jennifer replied that she'd JUST had lunch with Caroline, Kayla, and Hope, and they'd asked Jennifer how Theresa was doing, because they hadn't seen her recently.

Theresa was CAUGHT in a lie, which was great...except I would have LOVED to see that lunch and hear that conversation. It would have been nice. At least Jen and Hope got to spend time together today, and that was great. The only problem is, it was all about Daniel...and I don't like Daniel, LOL!

Sweet and Salty

I LOVE Jeanie's hair! I wish I could get mine to look like that!!

Sweet and Salty

Honeybees
Aug 1 2013, 12:43 PM
Oh FUCK NO! You are not invoking the name of Jack to prop Dannifer! FUCK THAT.

Really, this is such bullshit. It's making me completely hate Fetch more than is healthy.
The straw that my THIS camels back!!! :soapbox:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 10:02 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 09:56 PM
jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 09:43 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
A long lost child for Lucas would be a great potential storyline for him, although I think I'd prefer an older one that he fathered before being introduced onto the show.
Even better.....when he was introduced he was doing Cherish the rock star.....how about if Cherish had a kid from that encounter 20 years ago and this girl is older than WIll....shows up in town with alcoholism issues......he meets her at an AA meeting....that is a very good potential storyline for him....link this chick to Franco somehow and you got a good freaking story....she had a relationship with Franco's younger brother, who hired her to kill Lucas in revenge for killing his brother.....but somehow she turns out to be his daughter and as she's about to kill him she finds out who he is....then she has issues with gay men...but now with Will leaving we won't get that opportunity, not that Days would even attempt to give Lucas a story...but as we see it's not too hard
Yes, that would be too good to ever actually happen.

And you've also just demonstrated that it only takes a few minutes of thought to come up with an interesting storyline for Lucas that draws on his unique history. The professional writers have no excuse for not coming up with something more substantial for him.
That sounds awesome! And what if while observing and learning all she could about Lucas to make getting closer to him, thus killing him easier, she came to her own conclusions, without any bias from Lucas himself, that he was treated like absolute shit by Will, Sami, EJ, Podifer, and Dr. Douchebag.

Then Lucas would have a champion by his side, one who unbeknownest to him, decides to raise hell and get revenge for the father she was kept from. She would also want to save her little sister, the forgotten child.

We could have some truely heartwarming scenes between Lucas and his two daughters as they all get to know each other and form a solid family unit.

And some really fun scenes between her and Kate, who would delight in teaching her granddaghter and new confident the finer points in dishing out punishment to people who have it coming in spades.

Sweet and Salty

six
Aug 1 2013, 12:53 PM
Oh good Lord, they cannot be serious having Eric ask Hope this question. Are we sure he's not Brady's biological brother?
I LOVED IT!!! :whee:

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Okay, I almost skipped today after an opening with all that swooning over Daniel and did ffwd through a few parts.

A few thoughts:

* It's amazing that adding Lucas immediately improves the quality of the show. Same with Hope, although I'm less enthused about the Fetch conversation.

* I wonder if we've gotten some bread crumbs about Chloe. I zoned out, but I did catch that 1) Daniel apparently went to the ocean with Parker and Chloe, and 2) Chloe has shown a talent for photography. Please let her come back with a new confidence, free of Daniel, and with a new career path. I love her as a singer, but I think the character needs a fresh start.

* Theresa is REALLY reluctant to fill out that HR paperwork. I wonder if there's something in her records she's trying to avoid. An arrest warrant or criminal record, maybe?

* Two things need to happen -- Nicole needs to distance herself from Eric and Eric needs to just let that emotional dam break. And I need a serious fantasy on his part. Today he seemed cold to her and she was openly hurting from it. AZ does vulnerable SO well.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

i'm not a big fan of the Fetch conversation. However, Hope has always had the same position of thinking that Jen & Dan were a good match for each other (this going all the way back to Fetch 1.0 (aka the Higley Dannifer)), and she did somewhat call Jen out on her stupidity regarding the relationship. Ultimately, there are many worse Fetch pimpers than Hope. Yes, she wants them together, but she's not going out of her way to make them reunite, she's not running back and forth talking to both of them, and she's not talking to others (Maggie, JJ, Abby, etc) about them. She wants her cousin happy, and you can't really fault her for that.

am103
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 1 2013, 07:19 PM
what fling is this woman talking about? Chloe? Kate? Chelsea? I'll presume Chloe.
I assumed she was talking about Chloe's affair with Daniel while engaged to Lucas. I seriously don't get why everyone in that hospital worships that man. He's like the second coming of Christ. This is why I LOVE Anne Milbauer. PLEASE pair her with Lucas! Dannifer wouldn't stand a chance!

am103
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Kriss4
Aug 1 2013, 07:58 PM
I don't see why they can't cast Autumn for Lucas, Mike Horton for Kayla, bring Vargas back for Hope.
They should really bring Autumn with a kid in tow.
Secret son with Cherish?! I could see it, lol.

Salem
Member Avatar

I'm going to assume that if Daniel isn't treating Chad, then Chad will die.
Isn't that just sad?

Sweet and Salty

Kriss4
Jennifer needs jack. She's having a tough time.
Truer words could never be spoken. What if he were here. What a great presence he would have!!

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
Aug 1 2013, 07:23 PM
Okay, but seriously I need them to kill Bo. This is beyond frustrating. And especially with Eileen leaving, I need a good reason to watch. A Hope storyline would do that.
ED is leaving the show???

Sweet and Salty

jb1183
Aug 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Does Maxine ever talk about anything else but Fetch? Give it a rest already.
NO! And I'm flat SICK of it! And HER! Man, she's getting as bad....well GETTING as bad, as Maggie. And that's saying a lot! Come ON writers! Please!!

Sweet and Salty

countess_cutlass
Aug 1 2013, 07:53 PM
Lucas and JJ was nice. Bryan does a really great job with all of his scenes -- they need to put him back on contract, stat. Also loved Jennifer and Lucas's scenes; they seemed so natural and at ease with other each.

BUT LOL @ Jennifer's hilariously off-base assessment of Theresa to Hope. Has she permanently taken up in some bizarro la-la land of delusion? Where up is down, right is left, and Dan is somehow superior to Jack? Can't even with that craziness.

OMG Hope...NO. I love you, but STAHP with this Dannifer nonsense. Please, writers, give Hope a saucy romance of her to distract her from the Fetch propping.

Did Eric and Nicole actually have some good tension today? I really enjoyed their scenes together. I haven't said that in a while.
Rather than a love interest for Hope, more Ciara please! Hope is great without a romance for now! Later on down the road!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Aug 2 2013, 05:07 AM
Kriss4
Jennifer needs jack. She's having a tough time.
Truer words could never be spoken. What if he were here. What a great presence he would have!!
Remember how poorly written the end of the Abby stalker plotline was but how Matt Ashford did amazingly during the reveal and was such a caring parent to Abby, even though he recognized she had problems and had done wrong?

Yeah. That was amazing.

More amazing than anything that's happened between Dan and Jennifer.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 1 2013, 11:52 PM
blueskies
what fling is this woman talking about? Chloe? Kate? Chelsea? I'll presume Chloe.
I assumed she was talking about Chloe's affair with Daniel while engaged to Lucas. I seriously don't get why everyone in that hospital worships that man. He's like the second coming of Christ. This is why I LOVE Anne Milbauer. PLEASE pair her with Lucas! Dannifer wouldn't stand a chance!
Since they are not likely to pay to have someone new on the show for Lucas,I wouldn't mind if they tried putting Lucas and Anne in a story.Maybe if Lucas happened to hear Anne saying something bitchy about Jennifer as a starting point.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Aug 2 2013, 05:14 AM
countess_cutlass
Lucas and JJ was nice. Bryan does a really great job with all of his scenes -- they need to put him back on contract, stat. Also loved Jennifer and Lucas's scenes; they seemed so natural and at ease with other each.

BUT LOL @ Jennifer's hilariously off-base assessment of Theresa to Hope. Has she permanently taken up in some bizarro la-la land of delusion? Where up is down, right is left, and Dan is somehow superior to Jack? Can't even with that craziness.

OMG Hope...NO. I love you, but STAHP with this Dannifer nonsense. Please, writers, give Hope a saucy romance of her to distract her from the Fetch propping.

Did Eric and Nicole actually have some good tension today? I really enjoyed their scenes together. I haven't said that in a while.
Rather than a love interest for Hope, more Ciara please! Hope is great without a romance for now! Later on down the road!
I agree that Hope as a character should not need Bo or a new man to have a decent story.She just signed a new contract so there is time to resolve the Bo issue.Just write keep writing for her as a virtually single parent trying to balance working a challenging job and spending time with her daughter.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Sweet and Salty
Aug 2 2013, 05:14 AM
countess_cutlass

i'm sure that TPTB could do both. Ciara snarking about a new man in her mom's life would be priceless!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply