Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD interviews Ken Corday in new issue
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM (13,416 Views)
Ellie

In the new issue of SOD on sale tomorrow, there is an interview with Ken Corday about the state of the show.

Among the topics covered are:

- The state of the show as a whole. Corday shares that he's excited that the show is doing well overall, and that the network is "thrilled" as well. Morale is up among the actors.

- What's they're taping now. "There will be a lot more airtime for certain characters like Sami/EJ, a lot more of Nicole." Corday also mentions Daniel, Eric, Brady, Rafe and Jordan. He then says with the Kristen story wrapped up, the show can "breathe a little bit into new areas".

- Drake's status. He's not taping right now. "There is a very good chance he will come back and have beats", but for now he's not taping. Corday goes on to praise the character and say he hopes he's featured again soon. SOD then presses him on whose decision it was...

- Marlena. She'll be involved with Sami and Eric, since she's "very involved" with what's going on in their lives.

- Hope. Bo is not coming back at present. Corday mentions "Sami, Hope and Jennifer" as the strong women of Salem and says they need to be seen more.

- Bo. Corday says there were discussions with Peter and describes that an agreement was not reached.

- Chandler and Camila's exits. Corday is not bringing in replacements. JJ and Theresa will be featured, and Rafe and Jordan will as well. But Nick, Sonny and Will will be involved in a story in the meantime.

- The tape schedule. Corday says it is difficult, but then he describes a big mystery storyline that's coming up. (ie, the storyline is about a mystery.)

- Corday is optimistic about hitting the 50th anniversary.

- SOD asks him if awards mean something now that he's won one. In a lengthy answer, he says yes.

Be sure to check out SOD for more details about every one of these items, and a few extras. SOD doesn't let him get away with anything in this interview!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. I just do not understand the Drake situation at all. They won't say he's not with the show, just that he is not taping.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. Still nothing there I want to tune in for. no mention of my favs. :(

I do hope for the show's sake, they will hit the 50th anniversary. :)

Thanks again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

More EJ and Sami scares me. As a Nicole fan, "a lot more Nicole" scares me because I know they are going to throw her under the bus for somebody else. Rafe/Jordan could be interesting. More JJ/Theresa/Nick/Will/Sonny isn't bad. Still no John. And it doesn't really sound like Marlena is going to have story either outside of Sami/Eric. And any time Daniel is mentioned I cringe.

I really don't like Sami's name mentioned in the same category as Hope and Jennifer. Something about that doesn't seem right to me, especially since Sami isn't supposed to be a "good" girl.

After Eileen's exit, there better be some REALLY good stuff going on for me to even consider tuning in. Because, other than a few small changes, this sounds exactly like last Fall. And last Fall was terrible.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

No mention of my Kayla, either, mirage. I share your disappointment.

Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I just wish that they would have involved Marlena all this time in Sami and Eric's life.....seriously....she's been around but not around if you know what I mean...case in point...Sami's bail hearing....

It does look like from what they are filming now...(November sweeps or so) Ejami will be getting more screen time....which I already suspected as their wedding or non wedding whatever it turns out to be will likely take place around October or so....he didn't really say that Kristen's departure was going to lead to more air time for EJ/Sami did he? Good!

I would have loved for SOD to mention something about Bryan....it's strange that they didn't take the opportunity to ask him but they asked him about Drake? . Hmmmm....

So from what I gather...is the December 'mystery' going to be that Kristen is 'killed' and somehow there is a who killed Kristen storyline? I can see so many people gunning for her when the truth about Eric comes out.....you have Brady, Nicole, Marlena, maybe EJ if Sami leaves him do to what his sister did, then you got Eric himself, Roman maybe? It seems like the mystery could be tied to whatever happens to Kristen....then we know of those lookalikes....who knows.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Aug 1 2013, 01:54 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Marlene

This makes it sound like Drake's absence is temporary (however long that is).

But, it's probably my J&M loving heart that's reading between the lines when there is no between the lines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

I don't want more Sami/EJ.

I do want more Nicole, but I won't get my hopes up. Like I said in the other thread, airtime doesn't equal story. Nicole shuffling papers every week is a waste of Ari Zucker's talent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

am103
Aug 1 2013, 01:49 PM

I really don't like Sami's name mentioned in the same category as Hope and Jennifer. Something about that doesn't seem right to me, especially since Sami isn't supposed to be a "good" girl.

The mention of her name with Hope/Jen leads me to believe that again she will turn and blame Ej for something.....maybe Eric's situation with Kristen is just too much for Sami to bear and blasts Ej for being a Dimera and fears that no matter what he'll end up being just like Stefano or Kristen.....I think that the Ejami will see after NOvember is not going to be the lovey dovey Ejami we see now....I can see the wedding not taking place and Sami running out of the Dimansion blaming Ej and the Dimeras for all her families problems. If you read and take a slice of this Corday interview and the Fairman one where he pretty much compared Ejami to the Godfather couple.....you see what might be coming...and in terms of screen time...Ejami have gotten the most screen time when they've been at odds with one another...fighting and not loving...so that also makes sense.

Online Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

This doesn't sound too bad.

I'll just say as an Ejami fan, I don't want them on everyday. I don't want anyone on everyday. What I would rather see for Ejami, as opposed to just more airtime, is an actual couple centric story.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 01:53 PM
So from what I gather...is the December 'mystery' going to be that Kristen is 'killed' and somehow there is a who killed Kristen storyline? I can see so many people gunning for her when the truth about Eric comes out.....you have Brady, Nicole, Marlena, maybe EJ if Sami leaves him do to what his sister did, then you got Eric himself, Roman maybe? It seems like the mystery could be tied to whatever happens to Kristen....then we know of those lookalikes....who knows.
I want Kristen to go out with a bang, but I hope that's not what they've written as Kristen's exit. If they're leaving the door open for her to come back like it sounds, then we know Kristen wouldn't really be dead, and then it would just be a (poor) copy of the last time she was written off the show. If it really is a murder mystery, then I'd prefer that Kristen be actually, legitimately dead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ej Fan
Member Avatar

KC seriously doesn't get it at all. :shame:
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

This doesn't help my perception at all. I might think it's worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM
- The tape schedule. Corday says it is difficult, but then he describes a big mystery storyline that's coming up. (ie, the storyline is about a mystery.)
I wonder if the mystery will turn out to be Bo's death/disappearance? Patsy Pease is coming back for some November episodes, so maybe Kim returns for Bo's funeral or for some tragedy related to Bo. (Granted, Kim might just be returning for Thanksgiving.) And perhaps Hope's new storyline is connected to some Bo-related tragedy? (I'd love to see a Hope/Vargas storyline where Vargas uses his underworld contacts to help Hope discover what happened to Bo.)
Edited by Carly, Aug 1 2013, 02:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

It's also interesting that he doesn't mention Kim or Shane. Justin and Adrienne also didn't get a mention. If the writers don't have another story planned for them after all the great angst they've have been having lately, they're all fools. Justin and Adrienne are the ONLY interesting part about EJ and Sami's current story, imo.

It's also almost comical how Corday dances around the fact that Hope has no story. Still no Peter Reckell. That's FINE, just DO something with his character so Hope can have some movement on the canvas! This whole "absentee" husband/father thing is the slow death of Bo Brady's character.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Can't someone else give these interviews from now on?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 1 2013, 02:00 PM
This doesn't help my perception at all. I might think it's worse.
I have to agree. It seems worse lol.

Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 1 2013, 01:58 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 01:53 PM
I want Kristen to go out with a bang, but I hope that's not what they've written as Kristen's exit. If they're leaving the door open for her to come back like it sounds, then we know Kristen wouldn't really be dead, and then it would just be a (poor) copy of the last time she was written off the show. If it really is a murder mystery, then I'd prefer that Kristen be actually, legitimately dead.
I agree. I'm sick of people coming back from the dead. It's a tired soap cliché. I hope they have something more creative for Kristen's exit, and I hope it's dramatic as hell. And it better involve Marlena.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

am103
Aug 1 2013, 01:49 PM
More EJ and Sami scares me. As a Nicole fan, "a lot more Nicole" scares me because I know they are going to throw her under the bus for somebody else. Rafe/Jordan could be interesting. More JJ/Theresa/Nick/Will/Sonny isn't bad. Still no John. And it doesn't really sound like Marlena is going to have story either outside of Sami/Eric. And any time Daniel is mentioned I cringe.

After Eileen's exit, there better be some REALLY good stuff going on for me to even consider tuning in. Because, other than a few small changes, this sounds exactly like last Fall. And last Fall was terrible.
I co-stamp this X 10000000000000!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 1 2013, 02:02 PM
It's also interesting that he doesn't mention Kim or Shane. Justin and Adrienne also didn't get a mention. If the writers don't have another story planned for them after all the great angst they've have been having lately, they're all fools. Justin and Adrienne are the ONLY interesting part about EJ and Sami's current story, imo.

I agree. Justin and Adrienne have been the best part of this whole umbrella story and yet it looks like they stop writing for them afterwards. That's just crap. Corday is an idiot. Why I hate this man right now lol. Why end something that was actually interesting for a change, instead reverting back to the same crap as usual. It makes no sense. Idiots.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic