Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD interviews Ken Corday in new issue
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM (13,924 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

six
Aug 5 2013, 07:43 AM
I really hope Days never tries to do a cancer story again.

Actually, what happened to that story where Sami had a cancer scare? I remember safe praying with Lexie, but not the resolution.
I think it was a false positive.....rumor had it that Dena was going to go with Sami becoming pregnant and the who's the daddy would center around Rafe 2 and Rafe 1, so thank God for that small miracle...
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 5 2013, 08:59 AM
six

Actually, what happened to that story where Sami had a cancer scare? I remember safe praying with Lexie, but not the resolution.
I think it was a false positive.....rumor had it that Dena was going to go with Sami becoming pregnant and the who's the daddy would center around Rafe 2 and Rafe 1, so thank God for that small miracle...
I remember that rumor too. Phew, thank God that didn't happen! Lol. Seriously, what would have been the point? R2 was dead!

I wouldn't mind another cancer story for Days, if it's done right and by the right actress (hint, hint: Deidre Hall). I didn't really like when Kate had it because it ended up all being about Lucas/Chloe/Daniel when it should have been about Kate. And I don't doubt that Lauren Koslow could have knocked that story out of the park. However, she wasn't given the chance.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 5 2013, 08:59 AM
six

Yeah, I'm glad MarDar stepped in before that story was told. They should have at least had Sami mention getting follow up tests every so often...although it's probably best that they leave it alone after all this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM

Be sure to check out SOD for more details about every one of these items, and a few extras. SOD doesn't let him get away with anything in this interview!
Somehow I doubt SOD "doesn't let him get away with anything".

Corday is a complete dumbass.

1) Drake still not taping, and he doesn't explain why. And then even if he DOES come back, it will just be for "beats"?!?!? Give me a break. Don't "praise the character" out of one side of your mouth, Corday, when you are shitting on it through the other.

2) Marlena. Oh great. She's "very involved" in what's going on with Sami & Eric. I don't mind her being involved, but her character deserves more!

3) Strong women on the show. Hope, yes. Jennifer, NO. Sami, HELL NO! (and once again, Marlena left out? Are you kidding me Corday?!)

4) We will get to see MORE screentime for Sami & EJ, and Daniel and whoever the fuck those other people are!? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like we don't see Sami and Daniel enough already! Disgusting.

5) I like Nicole, but as someone else mentioned, I bet she will be thrown under the bus for the sake of Sami or Daniel or Jennifer or someone else no one likes just like all the other good characters.

Looks like I won't be watching this show for a long time (at least November as it stands now), and a very long time if they don't fire these horrible writers and have someone pull Ken's head out of his clueless ass.

Edited by Josephinejms, Aug 5 2013, 11:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 02:57 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
He didn't say that. Seriously, this is what I meant in the post in the twitter thread. Please read it if you haven't yet.
His answer to the Drake question made it seem like even though he personally wants certain characters to be shown but he doesn't always have the choice in the matter. It reminded me of his Michael Fairman interview where he said something similar like how he would like certain characters to be shown more or have story play out in one way but the writers/whatever would kind of disagree and make changes or keep things the way they want it. It's not like he sounded bitter or anything and it's not like I think it would be good for him to be more assertive with the dool storylines, but I just find it weird that he doesn't have more of a presence in the shows production when he has things that he wants put into play. :shrug:
Corday doesn't want Drake in play. He just pretends like that in interviews so he can look like the good guy. He uses the writers as scapegoats (sometimes they are just as guilty as him and sometimes not).

He just can't stand thinking people will blame him for unpopular decisions. If he really wanted Drake back, then he'd be back. Notice he didn't mention Marlena as one of the strong women of Salem. He hates J&M and the fact that Drake and Deidre are popular.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Josephinejms
Aug 5 2013, 11:40 AM
Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 02:57 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
He didn't say that. Seriously, this is what I meant in the post in the twitter thread. Please read it if you haven't yet.
His answer to the Drake question made it seem like even though he personally wants certain characters to be shown but he doesn't always have the choice in the matter. It reminded me of his Michael Fairman interview where he said something similar like how he would like certain characters to be shown more or have story play out in one way but the writers/whatever would kind of disagree and make changes or keep things the way they want it. It's not like he sounded bitter or anything and it's not like I think it would be good for him to be more assertive with the dool storylines, but I just find it weird that he doesn't have more of a presence in the shows production when he has things that he wants put into play. :shrug:
Corday doesn't want Drake in play. He just pretends like that in interviews so he can look like the good guy. He uses the writers as scapegoats (sometimes they are just as guilty as him and sometimes not).

He just can't stand thinking people will blame him for unpopular decisions. If he really wanted Drake back, then he'd be back. Notice he didn't mention Marlena as one of the strong women of Salem. He hates J&M and the fact that Drake and Deidre are popular.
:cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 5 2013, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't mind another cancer story for Days, if it's done right and by the right actress (hint, hint: Deidre Hall).
I think Deidre Hall would NAIL a breast cancer storyline for Marlena. They'd have to have Drake back so John could support Marlena through it though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 5 2013, 08:01 AM
six

I think it just turned out she didnt have it. That was all the resolution, lol. Except I think I remember Lexie saying Sami should get checked more often b/c of the scare, that was really it though.
Which is my major problem with a lot of the recent Sami storylines.

All this major angst and build up and then flip the switch problem gone off on our merry way we go.

There needs to be more follow through, more long term consequences.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Who would take over the show if Ken was no longer around?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Graceland
Aug 5 2013, 06:37 PM
Who would take over the show if Ken was no longer around?
Anyone is better than Corday. He has managed turn off this viewer for good after 30 years. So sad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic