Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD interviews Ken Corday in new issue
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM (13,888 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 1 2013, 01:49 PM
I really don't like Sami's name mentioned in the same category as Hope and Jennifer. Something about that doesn't seem right to me, especially since Sami isn't supposed to be a "good" girl.
Alison, Kristian and Missy have always been Cordays favorite so no suprise there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 1 2013, 02:21 PM
The thing is, I don't think they care that Wally and Judi are being well received. Their goal wasn't to make fans happy. It was to keep another soap from snatching up Wally. It's rarely about us.
That maybe true lol. I would hope they would care, but the way Corday runs things I highly doubt it lol. Instead he continues to cater to his little pets. Gag me lol.

And I'm sure they truly did get scared when Wally was doing GH at the same time and realized they could lose him and they brought up this story, which is fine, but why not continue it?!! LOL Corday is an idiot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 01:53 PM
I would have loved for SOD to mention something about Bryan....it's strange that they didn't take the opportunity to ask him but they asked him about Drake? . Hmmmm....
I don't think it's strange at all. Drake's situation is very different from Bryan's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I think SOD asked about both Bryan and Drake but KC only answered the Drake portion
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

GMAFB!! What a load of horseshit!! "More beats ". He "hopes he'll be featured". (If he wanted him to appear, he would be on. ) Marlena "will be involved in Sami and Eric's lives " Big deal. So she will continue to be a rarely seen supporting player. Hope will still be tied to "invisible Bo " so no real story for her but she'll be "one of the strong women of Salem "! Yay. No mention of Doug, Julie,Victor, Maggie(I know) Justin, Adrienne, Kayla, Abe, Lucas, Caroline, Kate (although I'm sure she'll be the spoiler in Jordan's romance with Rafe), Stefano, Vargas, Abigail, Cameron (I know ) Kimberly or Roman (I know) . So the show will continue to feature the same faces minus the ones who are leaving and all of the others will be "pop ups " and won't take up the "air " left by the departures. Very exciting, Kenneth!
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Aug 1 2013, 11:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:36 PM
I think SOD asked about both Bryan and Drake but KC only answered the Drake portion
Nope. They just asked about Drake and Deidre. Nothing mentioned about Bryan or Lucas. Directly or indirectly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Good to know Will/Sonny will be involved in a story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
He didn't say that. Seriously, this is what I meant in the post in the twitter thread. Please read it if you haven't yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:36 PM
SOD did not mention Bryan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Ken has no power. He just doesn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

It's a bit early to worry about this, but what will become of Sonny if they're not adding to the cast?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 02:57 PM
Panda Panda
He didn't say that. Seriously, this is what I meant in the post in the twitter thread. Please read it if you haven't yet.
His answer to the Drake question made it seem like even though he personally wants certain characters to be shown but he doesn't always have the choice in the matter. It reminded me of his Michael Fairman interview where he said something similar like how he would like certain characters to be shown more or have story play out in one way but the writers/whatever would kind of disagree and make changes or keep things the way they want it. It's not like he sounded bitter or anything and it's not like I think it would be good for him to be more assertive with the dool storylines, but I just find it weird that he doesn't have more of a presence in the shows production when he has things that he wants put into play. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sigh. You know, it's not exactly a secret that I'm a fan of Marlena/Deidre. But I've never been the type to think she needs to be front and center 24/7 or get special acknowledgement from tptb or whatever.

But...

He lists Sami, Hope, and Jennifer as his triumvirate that should be seen all the time? Really? First of all, someone should let Hope know that. But second, what about Marlena? Marlena is Days' icon character. She just is. Bope is the couple. Marlena is the character. Deidre has been the soap icon on NBC for decades. Yeah. She's not a spring chicken anymore. I get that. But still. Until the last couple of years I've never gotten the impression that Corday had any kind of issue with Deidre or Marlena and he still may not. But I'm starting to wonder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Aug 1 2013, 01:58 PM
am103
Aug 1 2013, 01:49 PM

I really don't like Sami's name mentioned in the same category as Hope and Jennifer. Something about that doesn't seem right to me, especially since Sami isn't supposed to be a "good" girl.

The mention of her name with Hope/Jen leads me to believe that again she will turn and blame Ej for something.....maybe Eric's situation with Kristen is just too much for Sami to bear and blasts Ej for being a Dimera and fears that no matter what he'll end up being just like Stefano or Kristen.....I think that the Ejami will see after NOvember is not going to be the lovey dovey Ejami we see now....I can see the wedding not taking place and Sami running out of the Dimansion blaming Ej and the Dimeras for all her families problems. If you read and take a slice of this Corday interview and the Fairman one where he pretty much compared Ejami to the Godfather couple.....you see what might be coming...and in terms of screen time...Ejami have gotten the most screen time when they've been at odds with one another...fighting and not loving...so that also makes sense.

In the Fairman interview he said that EJ would break Sami´s trust and that it would be continual, which sounds to me that they will continue to write for them as a couple at least for a fiew months before a possible break up, and adding the godfather referrence to it I think Ejami probably will get married which would make it harder for Sami to leave EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Ellie
Panda Panda
His answer to the Drake question made it seem like even though he personally wants certain characters to be shown but he doesn't always have the choice in the matter. It reminded me of his Michael Fairman interview where he said something similar like how he would like certain characters to be shown more or have story play out in one way but the writers/whatever would kind of disagree and make changes or keep things the way they want it. It's not like he sounded bitter or anything and it's not like I think it would be good for him to be more assertive with the dool storylines, but I just find it weird that he doesn't have more of a presence in the shows production when he has things that he wants put into play. :shrug:
Right. That's all your take on his one-sentence answer. I agree with some of what you're saying, but that's very different than your post, which made it sound like you'd seen the article and he said all (or any) of that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 03:14 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Ellie
Panda Panda
Right. That's all your take on his one-sentence answer. I agree with some of what you're saying, but that's very different than your post, which made it sound like you'd seen the article and he said all (or any) of that.
My apologies. The response to Drake's departure reminded so much of the fairman interview that I just mixed both pieces of info into one statement without taking the time to clarify what I meant, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

six
Aug 1 2013, 03:06 PM
It's a bit early to worry about this, but what will become of Sonny if they're not adding to the cast?
Is not early to worry at all. I wish that an interviewer would ask someone this question. What their plans are for him.
Edited by Sevprince, Aug 1 2013, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

It sucks Camila is leaving because Gabi really grew on me during the past year. I also like her & Nick together and thought Camila also step it up and grew as an actress with Blake. I hope both get some really great material together/sl before she leaves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Sevprince
Aug 1 2013, 03:23 PM
six
Aug 1 2013, 03:06 PM
Is not early to worry at all. I wish that an interviewer would ask someone this question. What their plans are for him.
I agree. They've got an awful lot of bachelors/bachelorettes wandering around, whether gay or straight. It doesn't make sense to me that they'd freeze the cast size.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic