Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD interviews Ken Corday in new issue
Topic Started: Aug 1 2013, 01:43 PM (14,185 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

How is it possible to give Elvis & Sami, Daniel, and Nicole more airtime? I don't even know who freaking Jordan is.

His show is wasting Deidre Hall. I'm not interested in watching her supporting her rotten daughter Sami zzzzzzzzz. Bring Drake back, what the hell would it hurt?

All Corday truly cares about are awards.

Edited by Rosebud, Aug 3 2013, 02:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:tears:
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 02:51 PM

How is it possible to give Elvis & Sami, Daniel, and Nicole more airtime? I don't even know who freaking Jordan is.

His show is wasting Deidre Hall. I'm not interested in watching her supporting her rotten daughter Sami zzzzzzzzz. Bring Drake back, what the hell would it hurt?

Nicole could use more airtime. she's not on nearly as much as EJ, Sami, & Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
He just likes to pretend he makes no decisions, so he blames others for his mistakes.
Edited by Rosebud, Aug 3 2013, 03:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 3 2013, 02:57 PM
Nicole could use more airtime. she's not on nearly as much as EJ, Sami, & Daniel.
She's had plenty in recent years, though, and, IMO, has benefitted from not having as much of it this year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Ellie
Aug 1 2013, 02:57 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Did anyone else find it discouraging when he said he didn't really have much control over actors getting screen time(I.E. Bryan & Drake) and that the writers/other people tend to make the contract choices?
He didn't say that. Seriously, this is what I meant in the post in the twitter thread. Please read it if you haven't yet.
His answer to the Drake question made it seem like even though he personally wants certain characters to be shown but he doesn't always have the choice in the matter. It reminded me of his Michael Fairman interview where he said something similar like how he would like certain characters to be shown more or have story play out in one way but the writers/whatever would kind of disagree and make changes or keep things the way they want it. It's not like he sounded bitter or anything and it's not like I think it would be good for him to be more assertive with the dool storylines, but I just find it weird that he doesn't have more of a presence in the shows production when he has things that he wants put into play. :shrug:
He's owner of the show, and gives himself the title of executive producer, yet he can't make the writers do what he wants? I personally think he doesn't care and is never around.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 1 2013, 03:08 PM
Sigh. You know, it's not exactly a secret that I'm a fan of Marlena/Deidre. But I've never been the type to think she needs to be front and center 24/7 or get special acknowledgement from tptb or whatever.

But...

He lists Sami, Hope, and Jennifer as his triumvirate that should be seen all the time? Really? First of all, someone should let Hope know that. But second, what about Marlena? Marlena is Days' icon character. She just is. Bope is the couple. Marlena is the character. Deidre has been the soap icon on NBC for decades. Yeah. She's not a spring chicken anymore. I get that. But still. Until the last couple of years I've never gotten the impression that Corday had any kind of issue with Deidre or Marlena and he still may not. But I'm starting to wonder.
Isn't it the writers there now who wrote her and Drake out in 2009? Writers who don't want to write for a character simply don't do it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Once Kristen is gone and Marlena is relegated to mothering her grown children, I have no reason to watch anymore. At least with Drake on Marlena had a well rounded life and some romance. I don't see any romance on this show. At least I will get a much needed rest from the Ali Sweeney Show, ahhhhh :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 02:51 PM

Has he watched the show? Those four are not the way to go if he wants awards.
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

I'm not too upset about not having the old character/couples off the show or backburned. They were popular in the 80s and maybe very early nineties, so I'm fine with that. They will always have their fans, but new characters/couples is good for the show. It's the destruction of those beloved couples/characters that bothers me.

For example Payla: did we need to find out that they were divorced in a telephone text?
Bo is just out there.
John just took off.

It's the fact that the writing is lame, that they can't come up with storylines that could have brought the same results with more imagination and detail in a way that the viewers could accept the changes. It's lazy and thoughtless, so it doesn't engage the audience.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 3 2013, 03:06 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 3 2013, 02:57 PM
She's had plenty in recent years, though, and, IMO, has benefitted from not having as much of it this year.
I agree. She was on my last nerve a year ago, and I've always been a fan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovejustink

outrageous
Aug 3 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm not too upset about not having the old character/couples off the show or backburned. They were popular in the 80s and maybe very early nineties, so I'm fine with that. They will always have their fans, but new characters/couples is good for the show. It's the destruction of those beloved couples/characters that bothers me.

For example Payla: did we need to find out that they were divorced in a telephone text?
Bo is just out there.
John just took off.

It's the fact that the writing is lame, that they can't come up with storylines that could have brought the same results with more imagination and detail in a way that the viewers could accept the changes. It's lazy and thoughtless, so it doesn't engage the audience.
I have to disagree with this. I began watching the show in the 80's and still love those characters. There needs to be a balance between veterans and new characters. It also helps if the new characters have a connection to the veterans and share scenes with them. I can get invested in new characters when my fav veterans care about them. I think it is good for the show to keep the veterans important to the show. The long time viewers are the ones that bring in new viewers!
Offline Profile Goto Top

rae

I would like to know how John's long absence will be explained. Hope it's better than what they did with Bo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

King
Aug 3 2013, 12:15 PM
DAYS really needs to do something really big.

No Will, No Bo, No John, No Kristen.

This is scary.
Days needs to do a murder mystery again....well written though, with twists and turns unexpected. They should also do something like a big fire takes out half the town (everything is so close together), or a huge fire burns down the Dimansion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

rae
Aug 3 2013, 11:38 PM
I would like to know how John's long absence will be explained. Hope it's better than what they did with Bo.
Bo technically had an official exit. it's what's happened since that's become annoying. the writers had him come back with Caroline & be off-screen but in Salem for a month or so, before he headed off to spend time with Shelle & Claire. The problem is that that's basically where it ended. we had Victor & Rafe ask Hope about Bo in Feb & from the way the scenes were written, it was almost like Hope was hiding something, but nothing came of that. we didn't hear about Bo until Hope was on the phone with him saying she & Ciara couldn't wait for him to come home, and then the following call about how he had promised. and then again, nothing after that.
i'm starting to wonder if those starts & stops were somehow related to previous occasions of Ken & Peter trying to work something out. i guess we'll have to see if there's movement on the Bo front in just under 4 months to line up with this failed talk.

John just seems to have disappeared after his chat with Brady. to be honest, that's worse than going to get the mail and never being seen on-screen again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 3 2013, 11:43 PM
King

This is scary.
Days needs to do a murder mystery again....well written though, with twists and turns unexpected. They should also do something like a big fire takes out half the town (everything is so close together), or a huge fire burns down the Dimansion.
with Sami inside???
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 4 2013, 12:22 AM
LuvingLumi
King

This is scary.
with Sami inside???
If that's what we want I propose they burn down the jail instead. Locked in means much less chance she'd get out ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
King

This is scary.
That would be AWESOME! Imagine it: Kristen gives up revenge for Brady and stashes away the only evidence left of her tryst with Eric. A spy working for John breaks into the mansion, retrieves the evidence, and takes it back to John. Brady and Kristen have the wedding of their dreams, only for John to show up and play the video for EVERYONE. All of Salem is shocked and stunned and begging for answers. Kristen is basically exiled from Salem and in a last-ditch effort for revenge, kidnaps Marlena to the DiMera mansion and sets the whole place ablaze, only for John to come rescue his Doc at the last minute, and Kristen is believed to have burned up in the fire and is presumed dead... Or is she?

I know with Drake Hogestyn still gone that this could never happen, lol. But a soap fan can dream. Plus it would have to give TPTB a reason to re-do that awful DiMansion set and we all know it's never going to look any different, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
King

This is scary.

When a mystery story in Salem was mention in the Corday interview I thought about a murder mystery but then I realized we just had that a year ago with Stefano, so I think itīs something else now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Aug 4 2013, 12:36 AM
LuvingLumi
King

This is scary.

When a mystery story in Salem was mention in the Corday interview I thought about a murder mystery but then I realized we just had that a year ago with Stefano, so I think itīs something else now.
That story was terrible. It could have been so much better. I'll settle for another murder mystery, but only if it's done right.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic