Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 2 2013, 07:21 AM (7,807 Views)
Sweet and Salty

Ewww, what's up with all the jewelry on the show! Adrienne's necklace, Abigail's ring. Why don't all the characters wear Kristians jewelry?!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Aug 2 2013, 06:27 PM
I think Eric would be a bit suspicious if he saw Susan leaving the office of the detective working on his case.
I don't think she looked like Susan. Long hair, no goofy knit hat, different glasses, and didn't she keep her hair blonde after leaving Salem?.... And she couldn't manage to keep her mouth closed and her head down? Why would they think she was Susan? When w the last time Eric saw Susan? Why would he even entertain the thought that Susan was back. Seems to me she just thought he would recognize it was her in a disguise or she just panicked. Doesn't make any sense to me, but then again these writers always have to put Kristen in a jam so she can once again get out of it.... :sarclap:

Sweet and Salty

:D Nicole is priceless!! When JJ calls her out on her episode with Jennifer, she stutters all around and finally admits that she would pretty much put it exactly the way JJ put it!

Sweet and Salty

Login' Anne today!!

Sweet and Salty

LonePirate
Aug 2 2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure if this Adrienne and Abby conversation will encourage Abby to keep her mouth shut or to blab to the police.
Abby? The queen of :blah: ??

Graceland
Member Avatar

It was pretty strange seeing Adrienne without Will, Sonny, or Justin included in the episode. That's not how it usually works. I know Abigail and Chad had a place in the whole leaked Sami video story, but that's not the focus of their (Abigail, Chad, Cameron) storyline when appearing as a solo trio on the show. It was an odd crossover today that didn't seem to go anywhere. It was all about Adrienne when Abigail was off to continue her love triangle. "Days" usually shows both sides, both sets of characters playing off one another even when they're not in the same scene. Bizarre. Maybe it was left over footage or something.

Graceland
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 2 2013, 06:47 PM
I love these "Mrs. Winston" scenes. This is sad though :( I really wish I was oblivious to the fact that Eileen is gone from Days.
Eileen said that she was told to keep the news under her hat, and then Ken goes and let's the cat out of the bag. They should have waited awhile longer. Maybe in September?

Sweet and Salty

Third bra sighting! My we're colorful today! Jeanie Theresa in hot pink!

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 2 2013, 09:26 PM
six
I think Eric would be a bit suspicious if he saw Susan leaving the office of the detective working on his case.
I don't think she looked like Susan. Long hair, no goofy knit hat, different glasses, and didn't she keep her hair blonde after leaving Salem?.... And she couldn't manage to keep her mouth closed and her head down? Why would they think she was Susan? When w the last time Eric saw Susan? Why would he even entertain the thought that Susan was back. Seems to me she just thought he would recognize it was her in a disguise or she just panicked. Doesn't make any sense to me, but then again these writers always have to put Kristen in a jam so she can once again get out of it.... :sarclap:
Eric wouldn't think it was Susan. The Susan line was in jest. If he saw someone who had a very similar facial structure to Kristen, he'd think it was Kristen, disguised as Susan. People don't become completely unrecognizable by removing a hat or wearing different glasses or going back to their original hair color. And if Kristen just ran out, she runs more of a risk of being seen than if she hides.

Edited by six, Aug 2 2013, 10:32 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

six
Aug 2 2013, 10:25 PM
Rosebud
six
Eric wouldn't think it was Susan. If he saw someone who had a very similar facial structure to Kristen, he'd think it was Kristen, disguised as Susan. People don't become completely unrecognizable by removing a hat or wearing different glasses or going back to their original hair color. And if Kristen just ran out, she runs more of a risk of being seen than if she hides.

She should have just impersonated Thomas. Ugh, the facial hair + tinted pilot glasses + the bad hair piece + those effed up teeth? It would have been perfect.

Sweet and Salty

am103
Aug 2 2013, 02:39 PM
jodi783
Aug 2 2013, 02:35 PM
jb1183
Aug 2 2013, 01:34 PM
Matt
Aug 2 2013, 12:56 PM
These intimate Brady/Jennifer talks are always unsettling since she's actually supposed to be old enough to be his mother.
But there's definitely much better chemistry between her and Eric Martsolf than with Shawn Christian, IMO. I'm surprised by how well they work together.
I know I'm in the minority but I think Shawn and Missy have great chemistry.
I don't deny that SC and MR have great chemistry. It's the obsessive writing for them and the way that countless other characters were thrown under the bus for them that destroyed any hopes of Dannifer being a successful pairing.
THIS!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Rosebud
six
Eric wouldn't think it was Susan. The Susan line was in jest. If he saw someone who had a very similar facial structure to Kristen, he'd think it was Kristen, disguised as Susan. People don't become completely unrecognizable by removing a hat or wearing different glasses or going back to their original hair color. And if Kristen just ran out, she runs more of a risk of being seen than if she hides.

I just think it's a HUGE stretch for him to even think it looked at all like Kristen, or Kristen in a disguise. It wouldn't even cross his mind. He doesn't even recognize the short haired brunette in his flashbacks to the hotel as Kristen, and she didn't have buck teeth. She wouldn't even have to run out, just demurely pass by with her head down. Just stupid, IMO

Rosebud
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Aug 2 2013, 06:30 PM
I liked the Brady and Kristen scenes. Brady loves Kristen, but he's also suspicious and reading her well. He knows she is hiding something from him. I like that he is being written as less of a dumbass.
He's still full on dumbass... For even going back to her, and so quickly.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 2 2013, 07:01 PM
damn Jen, way to throw Kristen under the bus, "if you feel Kristen's being less than honest with you, she probably is".

Granted it's true but still....
But she didn't say why. I'd bet she says something like, "she's not telling you she's feeling insecure and doubting your commitment to her, blah blah blah..."

S loves EJ

am103
Aug 2 2013, 02:52 PM
Jennifer looks simply stunning. I love that dress!

I love that there has been virtually no story movement in today's episode yet it is the best one of the week. It just goes to show what a strong script and good actors can do for a show. Eileen Davidson is going to be a huge loss for Days.

I liked the JJ/Nicole fight a little bit and when Susan spilled the coffe but it was mostly a boring episode. I have liked Theresa in some scenes, I liked her on thursday with Anne and that gossiping nurse but I thought she was boring on Friday´s episode.

The best episode this week was monday´s with EJ cheering up Sami, and Justin threatning EJ. The rest have been pretty boring to me.
Edited by S loves EJ, Aug 3 2013, 05:50 AM.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:49 AM
six
Rosebud
six

I just think it's a HUGE stretch for him to even think it looked at all like Kristen, or Kristen in a disguise. It wouldn't even cross his mind. He doesn't even recognize the short haired brunette in his flashbacks to the hotel as Kristen, and she didn't have buck teeth. She wouldn't even have to run out, just demurely pass by with her head down. Just stupid, IMO
Kristen almost got caught at the hotel, too; Eric thought there was something familiar about her, and he didn't even see her face. She didn't have buck teeth at the hotel, but that didn't matter, since Kristen kept her back to him the whole time. Kristen is known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise, so if he saw her face, he'd immediately realize what was going on. She could just try and pass by and run the risk of one of the guys trying to interact with her and recognizing her, or she could try and wait them out in the bathroom. The second option is less risky. Agree to disagree.
Edited by six, Aug 3 2013, 08:18 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:55 AM
blueskies
Aug 2 2013, 07:01 PM
damn Jen, way to throw Kristen under the bus, "if you feel Kristen's being less than honest with you, she probably is".

Granted it's true but still....
But she didn't say why. I'd bet she says something like, "she's not telling you she's feeling insecure and doubting your commitment to her, blah blah blah..."
well that's true. Guess we'll see Monday what she says to him re: Kristen's truthiness.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:52 AM
AFaithL
I liked the Brady and Kristen scenes. Brady loves Kristen, but he's also suspicious and reading her well. He knows she is hiding something from him. I like that he is being written as less of a dumbass.
. . . or at all for that matter!

camera shy

PALMommy
Aug 3 2013, 09:10 AM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:52 AM
AFaithL
. . . or at all for that matter!
Brady needs to ask to borrow the Salem brain from whoever has it at the moment....probably Father Matt......and put someone on her trail. I'm sure Victor could recommend someone who could do the job.

angie37
Member Avatar

This was by far my favorite show of the week. Nothing "big" happened, but each scene (sans cam/chad) was popping with snark and truth. Simply loved the Nicole/JJ, Anne/Jenn, and (gasp) Theresa/Daniel scenes because they had me LOL. Good writing and acting all the way around. [Loving Jen Lilley so far!!!]

Also, I now understand why Nicole is willing to let Eric believe she's sleeping with Brady--in order to divert his suspicions and to avoid another church scandal.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply