Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 2 2013, 07:21 AM (7,727 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angie37
Aug 3 2013, 11:17 AM

Also, I now understand why Nicole is willing to let Eric believe she's sleeping with Brady--in order to divert his suspicions and to avoid another church scandal.
You know, I think she's being written as truly, truly loving this man, which is refreshing. I don't think it's solely because she wants a man. Sacrifice is normally not in Nicole's vocabulary.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

jb1183
Aug 2 2013, 03:37 PM
am103
Aug 2 2013, 02:12 PM
I really liked that Abigail/Adrienne scene. Sigh. It makes me wish we got more Jack/Adrienne scenes when Matt Ashford was still with the show.

Chad and Cameron in scenes together is like torture. I want a recording of Nathan Owens' voice to listen to at night to help me sleep.
Nathan Owens is an absolutely lifeless actor. No spark or charisma whatsoever. Every scene he's in drags.
I thought his somber demeanor was appropriate under the circumstances.He was giving a family connection what is likely dire news about a medical condition.Chad went into denial and lashed out at Cameron who responded with the kindness I would expect from any intern/physician with a sense of decency instead of arguing with Chad about Abby or some other sort of heated response.I liked Nathan's subdued performance in his scene with Chad under the circumstances.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 3 2013, 11:20 AM
angie37
Aug 3 2013, 11:17 AM

Also, I now understand why Nicole is willing to let Eric believe she's sleeping with Brady--in order to divert his suspicions and to avoid another church scandal.
You know, I think she's being written as truly, truly loving this man, which is refreshing. I don't think it's solely because she wants a man. Sacrifice is normally not in Nicole's vocabulary.
This is about the only good thing about this story. She's being incredibly selfless all things considered. It's not like she couldn't get Eric if she wanted, he's loved her before so it wouldn't take much for her to get him to love her again and I'm not talking about doing what Kristen did. Eric needs to go to her willingly, without any manipulations as she's prone to do from time to time. It's refreshing and so frustrating at the same time since all we see is Nicole being knocked down again and again for having inappropriate feelings for Eric instead of getting what she wants. I really wish they hadn't made him a priest it would've made this story just a little bit more enjoyable.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I really did not like the conversation between JJ and Nicole.JJ was allowed to direct quite a few harsh belitting remarks to Nicole.Her responses were basically you are being really mean to someone you are meeting for the first time,you are not forgiving and nices like your mother and father.I see this as another incident where the denizens of Salem are allowed to dump on Nicole and say all kinds of horrible things to her and she is not allowed to retaliate in kind.I think it is worse that other person in the conversation was young enough to be her son.Nicole should have been allowed to verbally smack JJ down hard.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Nicole is not allowed to stand up for herself, that's why people can say what they want to say and she just stands there and takes it. She never used to be like this but recently, this uncharacteristic behavior is getting out of hand.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Aug 3 2013, 01:06 PM
Nicole is not allowed to stand up for herself, that's why people can say what they want to say and she just stands there and takes it. She never used to be like this but recently, this uncharacteristic behavior is getting out of hand.
When they allow Nicole to be treated like this by a snot nosed high schooler,things are way way out of hand.They need to fix this ASAP.Nicole should be allowed to give back as good as she gets in the verbal sparring.The only time they even come close is when she is talking to/about EJ (How often is that going to happen) and even then she does not get the last word.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It isn't even funny how right you guys are. Nicole should not have been apologetically singing the praises of fucking Danifer Given the circumstances of Daniel using her and Jennifer attacking her like a starving hyena after a wounded deer during a high risk pregnancy, that confrontation should have looked like this:

Posted Image

After he got schooled with the other side of the story, J.J., would have had some real ammunition against the sleazey doctor and just how nasty his mother has become since Rusty orange balls started oozing his spray tan all over her.
Edited by TreasureCove, Aug 3 2013, 02:03 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Aug 3 2013, 08:09 AM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:49 AM
six
Aug 2 2013, 10:25 PM
Rosebud
Aug 2 2013, 09:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Eric wouldn't think it was Susan. The Susan line was in jest. If he saw someone who had a very similar facial structure to Kristen, he'd think it was Kristen, disguised as Susan. People don't become completely unrecognizable by removing a hat or wearing different glasses or going back to their original hair color. And if Kristen just ran out, she runs more of a risk of being seen than if she hides.

I just think it's a HUGE stretch for him to even think it looked at all like Kristen, or Kristen in a disguise. It wouldn't even cross his mind. He doesn't even recognize the short haired brunette in his flashbacks to the hotel as Kristen, and she didn't have buck teeth. She wouldn't even have to run out, just demurely pass by with her head down. Just stupid, IMO
Kristen almost got caught at the hotel, too; Eric thought there was something familiar about her, and he didn't even see her face. She didn't have buck teeth at the hotel, but that didn't matter, since Kristen kept her back to him the whole time. Kristen is known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise, so if he saw her face, he'd immediately realize what was going on. She could just try and pass by and run the risk of one of the guys trying to interact with her and recognizing her, or she could try and wait them out in the bathroom. The second option is less risky. Agree to disagree.
Yea, we'll agree on disagreeing. However, LOL... Do the people of Salem know Kristen is "known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise"? I'm trying to remember back in the 90's if anyone ever knew she impersonated Susan. I don't think so. Far as anyone knew it was Susan there in Salem after Kristen "drowned". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Aug 3 2013, 09:10 AM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 12:52 AM
AFaithL
Aug 2 2013, 06:30 PM
I liked the Brady and Kristen scenes. Brady loves Kristen, but he's also suspicious and reading her well. He knows she is hiding something from him. I like that he is being written as less of a dumbass.
He's still full on dumbass... For even going back to her, and so quickly.
. . . or at all for that matter!
Amen to that. And for ever going near the woman who was once to be his mommy....

camera shy

BeeBee
Aug 3 2013, 12:20 PM
I really did not like the conversation between JJ and Nicole.JJ was allowed to direct quite a few harsh belitting remarks to Nicole.Her responses were basically you are being really mean to someone you are meeting for the first time,you are not forgiving and nices like your mother and father.I see this as another incident where the denizens of Salem are allowed to dump on Nicole and say all kinds of horrible things to her and she is not allowed to retaliate in kind.I think it is worse that other person in the conversation was young enough to be her son.Nicole should have been allowed to verbally smack JJ down hard.
I guess JJ must not have heard about Nicole helping Daniel save his mother's life. Even Abby got around to thanking her for that.

concerned
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 02:16 PM
six
Rosebud
six

I just think it's a HUGE stretch for him to even think it looked at all like Kristen, or Kristen in a disguise. It wouldn't even cross his mind. He doesn't even recognize the short haired brunette in his flashbacks to the hotel as Kristen, and she didn't have buck teeth. She wouldn't even have to run out, just demurely pass by with her head down. Just stupid, IMO
Kristen almost got caught at the hotel, too; Eric thought there was something familiar about her, and he didn't even see her face. She didn't have buck teeth at the hotel, but that didn't matter, since Kristen kept her back to him the whole time. Kristen is known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise, so if he saw her face, he'd immediately realize what was going on. She could just try and pass by and run the risk of one of the guys trying to interact with her and recognizing her, or she could try and wait them out in the bathroom. The second option is less risky. Agree to disagree.
Yea, we'll agree on disagreeing. However, LOL... Do the people of Salem know Kristen is "known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise"? I'm trying to remember back in the 90's if anyone ever knew she impersonated Susan. I don't think so. Far as anyone knew it was Susan there in Salem after Kristen "drowned". Correct me if I'm wrong.
Someone on another site pointed out that those teeth are as old as ej.

Which just seems gross to me.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
six
Rosebud
six

They probably know about that switch now that the storyline has been rewritten to say that no one ever thought Kristen was dead. They also know about the time Kristen faked being Susan and signed away her rights to EJ (leading to jarlena running the same scam and signing him back over to Susan).
Edited by six, Aug 3 2013, 03:36 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 3 2013, 03:28 PM
Rosebud
six
Rosebud

Instead of throwing them away in a rage after everything blew up, she apparently carefully cleaned the teethPosted Image and lovingly stored them away in a box of keepsakes :facepalm:

Sweet and Salty

Laufeyson
I take it as Nichole maturing. I take it as Nichole ultimately having a tender heart and having more class than to verbally smack down a kid. (I know you didn't say that, but op did). I think the way Nichole handled JJ's rant was AWESOME and I applaud her for once again taking the high road and and knocking him down by simply acknowledging she totally knew what was in his pocket, and could be an ass too, if she wanted to! Way to go Nichole!!!

Sweet and Salty

BeeBee
Aug 3 2013, 01:11 PM
Laufeyson
When they allow Nicole to be treated like this by a snot nosed high schooler,things are way way out of hand.They need to fix this ASAP.Nicole should be allowed to give back as good as she gets in the verbal sparring.The only time they even come close is when she is talking to/about EJ (How often is that going to happen) and even then she does not get the last word.
This is REAL (soap) LIFE! What emotionally damaged teenager wouldn't do those things? The writers aren't LETTING JJ talk to Nichole in an abusive way, they're writing it that way for a reason we don't know yet! Nichole doesn't ever just stand there and take things! She's one of the toughest women on the show as far I'm concerned! She taken punch after punch and yet still has a tender heart. Now that's tough in the purest form. She didn't stoop down and return verbal barb for verbal barb and teach JJ by example that that's how a mature adult is supposed to handle pain when you experience it! Now we all know Nichole can give back very well, when it stands for it, with any adult! She CAN hold her own and could very easily have done so with JJ. But she has compassion, which is in character for Nichole. Of course there are exceptions to every personality. That's just my perspective.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

She isn't allowed the last word against anyone. She even had to beg Maggie for forgiveness. Maggie did what Adrienne is trying to do. When Jack died she ran like hell to break up Danicole. Nicole lost the most out of everyone, yet no one else accepted their part in the blame. Nicole is the one who is still apologizing, and singing the praises of everyone else while they still look down on her.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 3 2013, 03:41 PM
concerned
Aug 3 2013, 03:28 PM
Rosebud
six

Instead of throwing them away in a rage after everything blew up, she apparently carefully cleaned the teethPosted Image and lovingly stored them away in a box of keepsakes :facepalm:
LOL! And some people think she's not insane?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Aug 3 2013, 03:33 PM
Rosebud
six
Rosebud

They probably know about that switch now that the storyline has been rewritten to say that no one ever thought Kristen was dead. They also know about the time Kristen faked being Susan and signed away her rights to EJ (leading to jarlena running the same scam and signing him back over to Susan).
i don't know that John and Marlena ever told anyone else or Eric about that. All Eric cared about back then was getting Marlena to dump John and get back with clayface. He was almost a Kristen supporter.

Still a HUGE stretch, IMO

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Aug 3 2013, 09:14 PM
Laufeyson
I take it as Nichole maturing. I take it as Nichole ultimately having a tender heart and having more class than to verbally smack down a kid. (I know you didn't say that, but op did). I think the way Nichole handled JJ's rant was AWESOME and I applaud her for once again taking the high road and and knocking him down by simply acknowledging she totally knew what was in his pocket, and could be an ass too, if she wanted to! Way to go Nichole!!!
JJ's problem is with his mother and Daniel.While his grief over the loss of his father may justify him lashing out at his mother,Abby,and Daniel,it does not justify him lashing out at Nicole.She should have the right to smack him down hard for speaking to her in such a disrespectful manner.I know few adults in her situation that would allow a high schooler to speak to them in that manner.She is intelligent enough to put JJ in his place without becoming abusive.I don't see maturing.I see doormat.She knew he had something in his pocket ,I don't believe she actually knew what he actually picked up and put in his pocket.So I guess I will just agree to disagree on the Nicole/JJ conversation.
Edited by BeeBee, Aug 4 2013, 10:34 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 3 2013, 11:24 PM
She isn't allowed the last word against anyone. She even had to beg Maggie for forgiveness. Maggie did what Adrienne is trying to do. When Jack died she ran like hell to break up Danicole. Nicole lost the most out of everyone, yet no one else accepted their part in the blame. Nicole is the one who is still apologizing, and singing the praises of everyone else while they still look down on her.
While JJ may have emotional and psychological scars because of the death of his father and separation from his family during his grieving period,that does not give him license to unleash his anger and verbal abuse upon Nicole.When the show allows a lying manipulative drug dealing high schooler to look down on her,that is where I believe the writers have crossed the line with Nicole.As I indicated earlier,she could have been allowed to put in his place without being abusive.In their encounter,I think JJ was abusive and I know very few adults who would allow that behavior to be directed toward them by a teenager without a strong verbal ,if not physical,response.
Edited by BeeBee, Aug 4 2013, 10:31 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply