Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 2 2013, 07:21 AM (7,717 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 4 2013, 12:19 AM
six
Aug 3 2013, 03:33 PM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 02:16 PM
six
Aug 3 2013, 08:09 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yea, we'll agree on disagreeing. However, LOL... Do the people of Salem know Kristen is "known for using wigs and fake teeth as a disguise"? I'm trying to remember back in the 90's if anyone ever knew she impersonated Susan. I don't think so. Far as anyone knew it was Susan there in Salem after Kristen "drowned". Correct me if I'm wrong.
They probably know about that switch now that the storyline has been rewritten to say that no one ever thought Kristen was dead. They also know about the time Kristen faked being Susan and signed away her rights to EJ (leading to jarlena running the same scam and signing him back over to Susan).
i don't know that John and Marlena ever told anyone else or Eric about that. All Eric cared about back then was getting Marlena to dump John and get back with clayface. He was almost a Kristen supporter.

Still a HUGE stretch, IMO
Okay. I find it a lot easier to believe that Eric and Marlena talked about things besides Roman in 1998, especially something weird like Kristen's antics and that Kristen would take precautions not to be caught, because she thinks Eric is capable of recognizing people even if they're wearing a couple of small disguises. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

double post.
Edited by six, Aug 4 2013, 10:56 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 4 2013, 10:21 AM
TreasureCove
Aug 3 2013, 11:24 PM
She isn't allowed the last word against anyone. She even had to beg Maggie for forgiveness. Maggie did what Adrienne is trying to do. When Jack died she ran like hell to break up Danicole. Nicole lost the most out of everyone, yet no one else accepted their part in the blame. Nicole is the one who is still apologizing, and singing the praises of everyone else while they still look down on her.
While JJ may have emotional and psychological scars because of the death of his father and separation from his family during his grieving period,that does not give him license to unleash his anger and verbal abuse upon Nicole.When the show allows a lying manipulative drug dealing high schooler to look down on her,that is where I believe the writers have crossed the line with Nicole.As I indicated earlier,she could have been allowed to put in his place without being abusive.In their encounter,I think JJ was abusive and I know very few adults who would allow that behavior to be directed toward them by a teenager without a strong verbal ,if not physical,response.
I'm going to disagree. JJ has always been - to the point of irrationality - protective of his family, even Abby and Jennifer when they don't deserve it. It's a good trait that the writers are building into his character, and it makes him a lot more compelling than the so-far one note vixen that is Jeannie Theresa.

If I knew someone had falsely accused my mother of causing a stillbirth and tried to send them to jail, there would be no way I would show them any respect, even if my mother had for some reason forgiven them.

Don't get me wrong. I loathe that Sami, for all the wrongs she's done, gets portrayed as a heroine and true love, while Nicole is always the town pariah and I really, really and I mean really hated that she was turned into angst for Dannifer about two minutes after Jack's death. I hated, hated, hated (Roger Ebert, RIP) that Nicole lost her baby in service of Dannifer. I totally agree that Nicole too often gets the short shrift.

But I kind of loved the JJ and Nicole scene, because Nicole had his number, she called him out on his BS but she didn't make excuses for her own behavior and understood where JJ's attitude was coming from. This kind of complicated thinking is one of the reasons Nicole is such a compelling character.

I always thought that if the show didn't want Jack and Jennifer anymore that Nicole would have been a fabulous love interest for Jack. It pains me to see Nicole propping Dannifer, and I have hopes that as Jack's friend and someone who knows a little bit about being a screw up and turning oneself around, Nicole could be a positive force in JJ's life.

Add to that, Casey Moss is doing great in his scenes, but he's even better when he's with the show's best actors. So, I'm all for JJ and Nicole conflict turning into her helping him, for Jack's sake.

Keith
Member Avatar

The name Mrs. Winston is rather spot on considering Kristen brought Winston to town.

Dee-anne

Honeybees
Aug 4 2013, 10:53 AM
BeeBee
TreasureCove
She isn't allowed the last word against anyone. She even had to beg Maggie for forgiveness. Maggie did what Adrienne is trying to do. When Jack died she ran like hell to break up Danicole. Nicole lost the most out of everyone, yet no one else accepted their part in the blame. Nicole is the one who is still apologizing, and singing the praises of everyone else while they still look down on her.
While JJ may have emotional and psychological scars because of the death of his father and separation from his family during his grieving period,that does not give him license to unleash his anger and verbal abuse upon Nicole.When the show allows a lying manipulative drug dealing high schooler to look down on her,that is where I believe the writers have crossed the line with Nicole.As I indicated earlier,she could have been allowed to put in his place without being abusive.In their encounter,I think JJ was abusive and I know very few adults who would allow that behavior to be directed toward them by a teenager without a strong verbal ,if not physical,response.
I'm going to disagree. JJ has always been - to the point of irrationality - protective of his family, even Abby and Jennifer when they don't deserve it. It's a good trait that the writers are building into his character, and it makes him a lot more compelling than the so-far one note vixen that is Jeannie Theresa.

If I knew someone had falsely accused my mother of causing a stillbirth and tried to send them to jail, there would be no way I would show them any respect, even if my mother had for some reason forgiven them.

Don't get me wrong. I loathe that Sami, for all the wrongs she's done, gets portrayed as a heroine and true love, while Nicole is always the town pariah and I really, really and I mean really hated that she was turned into angst for Dannifer about two minutes after Jack's death. I hated, hated, hated (Roger Ebert, RIP) that Nicole lost her baby in service of Dannifer. I totally agree that Nicole too often gets the short shrift.

But I kind of loved the JJ and Nicole scene, because Nicole had his number, she called him out on his BS but she didn't make excuses for her own behavior and understood where JJ's attitude was coming from. This kind of complicated thinking is one of the reasons Nicole is such a compelling character.

I always thought that if the show didn't want Jack and Jennifer anymore that Nicole would have been a fabulous love interest for Jack. It pains me to see Nicole propping Dannifer, and I have hopes that as Jack's friend and someone who knows a little bit about being a screw up and turning oneself around, Nicole could be a positive force in JJ's life.

Add to that, Casey Moss is doing great in his scenes, but he's even better when he's with the show's best actors. So, I'm all for JJ and Nicole conflict turning into her helping him, for Jack's sake.

Personally, I did not enjoy that exchange between JJ and Nicole. If after meeting Nicole for the first time and she was being rude about his family in his presence, then maybe I would see it as him defending them, but that was not the case. If the writers thought that allowing JJ to be outright rude to Nicole would endear him to more people, well it did not work with me. I did not find him compelling, I found him obnoxious and I wish Nicole had more to say to put him in his place.

I saw it as another opportunity used by the writers to throw Nicole's past in her face, and to have Nicole singing Jennifer praises. She was so wonderful to forgive me, as if Jennifer was a total innocent in what happened, and she hardly spent anytime in jail. Was it one night or less. So it's funny how he hears what Nicole did & that little information about them being on good terms now did not get communicated to him.

So far I continue to think JJ is a one note character. I am not sure about Theresa as yet. They certainly haven't fleshed him out, so at the moment there is not really much to like, He is cute, and I don't mind him hating on Daniel, not because I don't like Daniel, but it's because I want Dannifer to end for good but, not even JJ is successful at doing that it seems.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

They've muzzled Nicole and that's a shame.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Aug 4 2013, 10:49 AM
Rosebud
six
Rosebud
Aug 3 2013, 02:16 PM

They probably know about that switch now that the storyline has been rewritten to say that no one ever thought Kristen was dead. They also know about the time Kristen faked being Susan and signed away her rights to EJ (leading to jarlena running the same scam and signing him back over to Susan).
i don't know that John and Marlena ever told anyone else or Eric about that. All Eric cared about back then was getting Marlena to dump John and get back with clayface. He was almost a Kristen supporter.

Okay. I find it a lot easier to believe that Eric and Marlena talked about things besides Roman in 1998, especially something weird like Kristen's antics and that Kristen would take precautions not to be caught, because she thinks Eric is capable of recognizing people even if they're wearing a couple of small disguises. :shrug:
We never saw anything like it on screen. I did however see lots of Eric's obsession over his father getting back with Marlena. :shrug:

Sweet and Salty

Honeybees
Aug 4 2013, 10:53 AM
BeeBee
TreasureCove

Totally THIS!

Jason47
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 2 2013, 04:57 PM
am103
Aug 2 2013, 02:37 PM
So, does Mrs. Winston count as Eileen Davidson's 6th Days character or are we just going to chalk this up to Susan Banks?
I'd say it's her sixth. That wasn't Susan Banks. Except Susan Banks evolved over time so who knows. :shrug:
Not for the records, no. That was just Kristen impersonating someone, as other characters have impersonated people in the past.

scifi7
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Aug 4 2013, 12:37 PM
I saw it as another opportunity used by the writers to throw Nicole's past in her face, and to have Nicole singing Jennifer praises. She was so wonderful to forgive me, as if Jennifer was a total innocent in what happened, and she hardly spent anytime in jail. Was it one night or less. So it's funny how he hears what Nicole did & that little information about them being on good terms now did not get communicated to him.

She should not have spent anytime in jail. Nicole did not do her a favour by telling the truth, the lying bitch was caught out.

I was cheering JJ on, its the reaction I would expect from anyone having to deal with someone who willfully set out to hurt their mother and add to that Nicole putting her nose where it did not belong, GO JJ :cheer: besides, what would Nicole zing him with exactly?

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 4 2013, 01:24 PM
six
Rosebud
six

We never saw anything like it on screen. I did however see lots of Eric's obsession over his father getting back with Marlena. :shrug:
And yet, Eric appears to be aware of Kristen's (and everyone else's) past.

On JJ, he reminds me of Nicole, in that he gets to say how he feels, while everyone else has to let things go and move on. And Nicole isn't the only one who gets reminded of her past.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Aug 5 2013, 08:04 AM
Rosebud
Aug 4 2013, 01:24 PM
six
Rosebud

And yet, Eric appears to be aware of Kristen's (and everyone else's) past.

On JJ, he reminds me of Nicole, in that he gets to say how he feels, while everyone else has to let things go and move on. And Nicole isn't the only one who gets reminded of her past.
Going back a bit, but was it actually rewritten that they never thought Kristen was dead? John mentioned it back in May.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply