Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: August Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 3 2013, 11:47 AM (9,359 Views)
EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Dakota
Aug 15 2013, 08:53 PM
JarlenaLante
Aug 15 2013, 04:18 PM
I think I compared the two couples because both have 2 adult women who are acting like teenagers in the throes of their first crush. They aren't acting like grown-ups in an adult relationship. Also there's been too much propping for both couples by other characters IMO. For instance, I kind of rolled my eyes when Noah spent some of his limited time on GH praising Sabrina based on some Skype chats. So, those are the two things I find to be similar for both couples, but that's just my opinion.

I never saw Sabrina as an adult. She look like she should be on a teen show instead.
IA. She would fit right in on Disney.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

My issue with Sabrina isn't Disney, its that she's so damn boring. Monotonous voice, always right, always whining, self-righteous, etc. She doesn't make for great TV. Not all characters have to be bad asses, but Sabrina needs to have a little fire in her. Plus, I'm not in love with the actresses. I haven't seen her pull any emotional scenes.

I LOVED the Loving references. That was a good TV show.

I take it Richard Simmons should be back on GH pretty soon?

I like Lucy's hair.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

"Daddy,what's a tramp" hahaha.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm sitting here still trying to figure out if Bellatrix used Floo Powder or apparated from Britt's apartment in New York to Corinth, PA.

LPS
Member Avatar

LOL....I love Richard Simmons! Was he this psychotic on GH 20 years ago? LOL @ the Demi Moore comment and everyone's reaction.

I still don't like Marcy Rylan.
Edited by LPS, Aug 16 2013, 11:09 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 15 2013, 11:41 PM
I take it Richard Simmons should be back on GH pretty soon?
:fp2:

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'll admit it's hard for me to be objective about Emme Rylan because I was so invested in classicLante. I still miss Julie a lot and wish she was still on, but it was her decision to leave, so I wish her nothing but the best. I still prefer classicLante to nuLante.

I wish we knew for sure that a Spencer/Corinthos grandchild was coming into the world soon. I'd love to see Grandpa Luke telling his grandchild all about the bald crested turns and sending him/her off to Grandpa Sonny to describe its mating calls. This is demonstrated in the following clip:

Loons Sonny and Luke Go Birdinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPiWiDw8L5U

natdot99
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 15 2013, 11:41 PM
My issue with Sabrina isn't Disney, its that she's so damn boring. Monotonous voice, always right, always whining, self-righteous, etc. She doesn't make for great TV. Not all characters have to be bad asses, but Sabrina needs to have a little fire in her. Plus, I'm not in love with the actresses. I haven't seen her pull any emotional scenes.

Post of the year. :hail:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Dakota
Aug 14 2013, 02:51 PM
Someone needs to kill Franco, Kiki, Sabrina, and Felix off. They should do a mass murder where a serial killer off each one of them one by one. Making RH Franco was stupid than on top of that they had Kiki be his daughter and then not his daughter while still interested in Michael, boring and contrived. Then you have teeny bopper Sabrina whose sole focus in life is finding dirt on Britt while being prop up by Felix. If you can't trust your man around Britt than you should not be with him. I just don't see what Patrick see in Sabrina, she is so immature, they need to bring back Robin or move him with someone else that is more his equal. Robin was his equal in every way, but Sabrina, she looks as though she belongs in Nickeloden or Disney.
Just let Franco be the killer and then kill him off! I'd kill off Silas as well as Taylor & AJ!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Aug 18 2013, 05:19 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Have to say it was totally awesome seeing Anna, Holly, and Laura in action today! Three of the best female characters to ever grace GH.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Kevin_Buchanan
Aug 18 2013, 05:15 PM
Dakota
Aug 14 2013, 02:51 PM
Someone needs to kill Franco, Kiki, Sabrina, and Felix off. They should do a mass murder where a serial killer off each one of them one by one. Making RH Franco was stupid than on top of that they had Kiki be his daughter and then not his daughter while still interested in Michael, boring and contrived. Then you have teeny bopper Sabrina whose sole focus in life is finding dirt on Britt while being prop up by Felix. If you can't trust your man around Britt than you should not be with him. I just don't see what Patrick see in Sabrina, she is so immature, they need to bring back Robin or move him with someone else that is more his equal. Robin was his equal in every way, but Sabrina, she looks as though she belongs in Nickeloden or Disney.
Just let Franco be the killer and then kill him off! I'd kill off Silas as well as Taylor & AJ!
I like AJ, but the jury is out for me on Silas.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Sonny/Olivia/Connie reminded me of a another triangle from hell from a CBS daytime drama.
Britt and Nik scenes made my day, :wub:
Liz, STFU and stop dumping AJ crap on Nik. Nik poured his heart out to you telling her that he wanted to take her dancing, to parties, and returning home to make love to her, and she still chose AJ and he invited her to sleep with her in New York, and she chose AJ. I loved how he just rolled his eyes at her.
Britt and Nik are good for each other because of their families. Britt mother didn't care about her and Nik spent his whole life trying to get his mother love, perfect match, IMO.
Anna is being prejudice and malicious toward Britt due to what she did to Emma.
I found the Holly/Laura/Luke stuff boring but Dr. O made it interesting and i knew that Holly was faking her incident.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

I don't get why Liz was dumping everything about AJ onto Nik? Seemed strange to me. Speaking of strange, I find the amount of hatred that Tracy has for her own nephew disturbing. Yes, I know AJ has done awful things to his own family, but so has Tracy. I don't like all my relatives either, but her nastiness towards him is so over the top and she really enjoys tormenting him. I don't find it entertaining at all. I really wish someone, anyone, would spill the beans about the baby Maxie is carrying. It's not fair and downright cruel of her to do this to Lante and Spinelli.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

These scenes with Maxie's labor are so painful to watch. Because, not only are Lante invested in this baby girl, so are their family members, especially the grandparents. God how I wish we could see Sonny and Luke smoking some cubans together over the birth of their actual grandchild. And to see Laura and Olivia fussing over the kid and giving out advice.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Aug 20 2013, 07:57 PM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 20 2013, 12:02 PM
I don't get why Liz was dumping everything about AJ onto Nik? Seemed strange to me. Speaking of strange, I find the amount of hatred that Tracy has for her own nephew disturbing. Yes, I know AJ has done awful things to his own family, but so has Tracy. I don't like all my relatives either, but her nastiness towards him is so over the top and she really enjoys tormenting him. I don't find it entertaining at all. I really wish someone, anyone, would spill the beans about the baby Maxie is carrying. It's not fair and downright cruel of her to do this to Lante and Spinelli.

Because Liz like keeping Nik on a leash. She tells him that she wants AJ, but signals to him that she still wants him. I watched several youtube videos of NIZ, and they were a trainwreck. Liz slept with Nik after she accepted Lucky marriage proposal and she still uses Lucky as a excuse to get Nik on her leash.

That why i am Team Brik/Nitta all the way. :wub:

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

natdot99
Aug 20 2013, 10:46 PM
JDeveraux_91

Because Liz like keeping Nik on a leash. She tells him that she wants AJ, but signals to him that she still wants him. I watched several youtube videos of NIZ, and they were a trainwreck. Liz slept with Nik after she accepted Lucky marriage proposal and she still uses Lucky as a excuse to get Nik on her leash.

I hated Liz and Nik during that time! They were awful in the way they betrayed Lucky, and yes I know Lucky was no saint, but he and Liz agreed to put the past behind them and move forward. Then she started screwing his own brother. :flipoff: Did you ever see the scene where Lucky found out and verbally beat down Liz and Nik? That was epic. You had people bitching about how Lucky was supposedly "verbally abusive" to poor wittle cheating Elizabeth. :eyeroll: Please, she deserved every bit of it!!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 21 2013, 08:12 AM
natdot99
Aug 20 2013, 10:46 PM
JDeveraux_91

I hated Liz and Nik during that time! They were awful in the way they betrayed Lucky, and yes I know Lucky was no saint, but he and Liz agreed to put the past behind them and move forward. Then she started screwing his own brother. :flipoff: Did you ever see the scene where Lucky found out and verbally beat down Liz and Nik? That was epic. You had people bitching about how Lucky was supposedly "verbally abusive" to poor wittle cheating Elizabeth. :eyeroll: Please, she deserved every bit of it!!
I hated Niz back then, too. Thought Lucky's calling them out on the betrayal was great, and it was the scene that earned Jonathan Jackson his 4th daytime Emmy, if I'm not mistaken. One aspect of Niz I hated is how it distanced Nikolas from the Spencer family. It took so many years for Luke to accept him as Laura's son and all that got ripped away. I also really didn't like how Lulu turned on Nikolas after all the loving support he gave her over the years, but in a way I could understand her outrage over the whole situation.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

There you have it, folks. The destruction of A.J. continues apace as he throws Jake's death into Elizabeth's face. Ain't no gettin' back from that.

Ugh, what a mess.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Aug 21 2013, 01:43 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Wow. Just Wow! I was a Quiz stan, but after AJ has the nerve to throw Liz's dead child in her face, I'm done.
Quiz won't come back from this. Liz needs to move on.
Edited by bellajewel, Aug 21 2013, 01:59 PM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Ugh, I'm so disappointed in the writing for AJ. The character made so much progress, now TIIC have undone all the good in one episode. :soapbox:

I feel awful for Lulu, Dante and Spinelli. Lante are going to have their hearts ripped out once the truth about the baby comes to light.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply