Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: August Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 3 2013, 11:47 AM (12,606 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Been catching up after being out of town for a week, and I love seeing Luke's one true British lady helping him out. I love how Holly and Sean Donnelly have been brought in to this story. Speaking of Sean, his wedding to Tiffany was an absolute riot.

Becky Herbst has been phenomenal---loved her scene with Tracy, and the slap.

Yeah, I wish the writers hadn't gone there with AJ choking Connie, but hey, he's his father's son. Alan also had rather violent tendencies---didn't he once try to kill Rick by having the roof fall in on him? And Monica certainly was never clean and pure as the wind driven snow back in the day. I'm glad Michael and Elizabeth are sticking by him, especially Michael.

I do feel GH is getting back on its feet after the Franco recast clusterfuck. The Kiki-not-Quartermaine reveal has been well-played out (liked the montage with the newspaper deliveries). I do like seeing some corporate intrigue on my soaps, and Ron is certainly delivering with the relish and ELQ shares stuff. I also like having ELQ prominently featured.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Lante! :wub: When Dante came out of the elevator for a split second I thought he was Nikolas! Go figure.

Was also great seeing Sean, Luke, Holly, Anna and Duke on the same episode. Agree that once this plunonium poison story is over it would be great if Sean were seen around Port Charles more.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Here's an old GH clip in honor of Sean's reappearance to GH. Love seeing how young everyone looks---Alan, Duke, Robert, Anna, and of course, Robin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TbIvMhNC2Q

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

One thing I love about Frank and Ron is their choice of villains. It's been refreshing and great to see Faison back on canvas, and I am intrigued by the Jerome crime family. The Jeromes haven't been seen in about 2 decades, have ties to Anna and Duke, so they are kind of a new and old adversary at the same time. But steeped in GH history.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

As far as juvenile, fairy-dust romances go, :bedtime: Patrick/Sabrina are more watchable for me than Daniel/Jennifer on Days. This is partly because, with the exception of the Nurse's Ball, the Patrick/Sabrina propping hasn't permeated GH like Dannifer has on Days. Dear gods but you almost can't go three episodes on Days without some character bemoaning the fact that they are not together. I appreciate Ron's showing more restraint than Whitesell at Days.

Emma is awesome. She was so sweet in her concern for Uncle Duke. Speaking of Duke, I was almost afraid he would be in a long-term coma. Glad it's not, and now the hunt for Dr. Ohrbrecht is on.

Britt as a character is really growing on me.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I think I compared the two couples because both have 2 adult women who are acting like teenagers in the throes of their first crush. They aren't acting like grown-ups in an adult relationship. Also there's been too much propping for both couples by other characters IMO. For instance, I kind of rolled my eyes when Noah spent some of his limited time on GH praising Sabrina based on some Skype chats. So, those are the two things I find to be similar for both couples, but that's just my opinion.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I loved the scene between Maxie and Felicia right before the wedding, but found it odd that Patrick wasn't a stand-in best man for Duke.

The term "Britch" is starting to get way overused. Did we really need to see Anna use it today?

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm sitting here still trying to figure out if Bellatrix used Floo Powder or apparated from Britt's apartment in New York to Corinth, PA.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'll admit it's hard for me to be objective about Emme Rylan because I was so invested in classicLante. I still miss Julie a lot and wish she was still on, but it was her decision to leave, so I wish her nothing but the best. I still prefer classicLante to nuLante.

I wish we knew for sure that a Spencer/Corinthos grandchild was coming into the world soon. I'd love to see Grandpa Luke telling his grandchild all about the bald crested turns and sending him/her off to Grandpa Sonny to describe its mating calls. This is demonstrated in the following clip:

Loons Sonny and Luke Go Birdinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPiWiDw8L5U

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Have to say it was totally awesome seeing Anna, Holly, and Laura in action today! Three of the best female characters to ever grace GH.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

These scenes with Maxie's labor are so painful to watch. Because, not only are Lante invested in this baby girl, so are their family members, especially the grandparents. God how I wish we could see Sonny and Luke smoking some cubans together over the birth of their actual grandchild. And to see Laura and Olivia fussing over the kid and giving out advice.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Aug 20 2013, 07:57 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 21 2013, 08:12 AM
natdot99
Aug 20 2013, 10:46 PM
JDeveraux_91
Aug 20 2013, 12:02 PM
I don't get why Liz was dumping everything about AJ onto Nik? Seemed strange to me. Speaking of strange, I find the amount of hatred that Tracy has for her own nephew disturbing. Yes, I know AJ has done awful things to his own family, but so has Tracy. I don't like all my relatives either, but her nastiness towards him is so over the top and she really enjoys tormenting him. I don't find it entertaining at all. I really wish someone, anyone, would spill the beans about the baby Maxie is carrying. It's not fair and downright cruel of her to do this to Lante and Spinelli.

Because Liz like keeping Nik on a leash. She tells him that she wants AJ, but signals to him that she still wants him. I watched several youtube videos of NIZ, and they were a trainwreck. Liz slept with Nik after she accepted Lucky marriage proposal and she still uses Lucky as a excuse to get Nik on her leash.

That why i am Team Brik/Nitta all the way. :wub:
I hated Liz and Nik during that time! They were awful in the way they betrayed Lucky, and yes I know Lucky was no saint, but he and Liz agreed to put the past behind them and move forward. Then she started screwing his own brother. :flipoff: Did you ever see the scene where Lucky found out and verbally beat down Liz and Nik? That was epic. You had people bitching about how Lucky was supposedly "verbally abusive" to poor wittle cheating Elizabeth. :eyeroll: Please, she deserved every bit of it!!
I hated Niz back then, too. Thought Lucky's calling them out on the betrayal was great, and it was the scene that earned Jonathan Jackson his 4th daytime Emmy, if I'm not mistaken. One aspect of Niz I hated is how it distanced Nikolas from the Spencer family. It took so many years for Luke to accept him as Laura's son and all that got ripped away. I also really didn't like how Lulu turned on Nikolas after all the loving support he gave her over the years, but in a way I could understand her outrage over the whole situation.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Liked the moment with Sonny, Olivia, Luke, Laura, Mac and Felicia as they talked about the impending birth.

Tracy, Connie isn't Sonny's Laura. She's currently in Rome with her son.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Glad Ellie told Spinelli the truth.

What a touching moment between Georgie, Mac and Felicia. John J. York is such an underrated actor on this show.

Loved the soapiness of Connie putting together who Derek really is and seeing him looking into Sonny's business right before she is going to be unable to tell anyone.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

If Maxie really had carried Dante and Lulu's baby to term, I would have been grinning ear to ear as Sonny and Luke tried to outdo each other today: ice fishing vs building sandcastles. I hope GH is on the air long enough for us to see this happen with the actual Spencer/Corinthos grandchild.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

There was some great acting today by Bradford Anderson, Sean Kanan and Maurice Benard. BA nailed his scenes today. Fantastic cliffhanger in Sonny finding Connie and Dante and Lulu coming out to ask Spinelli why he was yelling. Glad we're getting some serious movement in a lot of stories at the end of the summer which will springboard everything nicely into the fall.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 26 2013, 02:07 PM
bellajewel
Aug 26 2013, 01:50 PM
Connie thought AJ shot her, but I don't think he did it.
BA is AWESOME :hail:
I don't think it was AJ either, too obvious. I've seen rumors that it's someone else whose name begins with A. ;)
I agree that BA was awesome again today. And AJ could stand for Ava Jerome.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Kudos to Chad Duell for wonderfully nailing his scenes today.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Sonny and Olivia seem more hysterical over what happened with Connie than both times their son Dante was shot? And one of those times it was by Sonny's own hand? Just seems a little over the top to me.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 28 2013, 07:50 PM

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I'm sold on NuLulu. I think she has chemistry with Dante and fits in great with the Spencer family.
I'm still getting used to the recast; then again, I was very invested in classicLante so that is coloring my judgement. I will say they did a much better job recasting Lulu with Emme Rylan than Kristina with Lindsay Morgan.

I'm so glad I found GH---it's the only soap right now that's got me invested in the stories and looking forward to the future (the only other soap I watch is Days and I'm about ready to take a long break from that show). I cannot wait till Robin gets back on the canvas.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply