Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: August Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 3 2013, 11:53 AM (6,166 Views)
SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Ok, too much Sharon, Nick and Avery........give Katherine a tribute she deserves!!

Mrs. C :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Edited by SnowAngel, Aug 19 2013, 03:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Faith has had so much sleep in her short little years. She's always sleeping.
Sharon thinks she is so coy and unaware that she is a pain in the ass.
Noah has Sharon pegged and between him and his Dad they will get Mommy Bobble-head locked up!
Will be a relief.
As for Murphy, I think he was doing just as Katherine wanted him to do it. Straight from the hip and tell em!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I made the wise choice to tune in today.

Wise not because Katherine's death was the focal point but because I lucked out and managed to eyewitness an episode sans Dullan.

Why can't everyday be Dullan-free? Why?

Bremol
Member Avatar

I think the bits where the family learn of Katherine's death were well done on Friday and today. First off, Murphy is from a generation where men didn't cry. They were raised to believe that real men didn't show that sort of emotion. Murphy is also a vet, one from a different era...they don't break down in front of people (most of them). It's something they learned during their time in service. I know because my father is the same way. He's a vet of the same war Murphy is and when my mother died, a woman he'd been married to for 43 years, he cried once...and just barely...in front of a friend, my sister and I. What he did when he was alone, none of us know. Same goes for Murphy, no one knows how he reacted when Katherine died, because it was just him. And the way he was while telling the family, he was doing exactly what Katherine said to do...no tears, happy thoughts.

As for Jill's reaction - it didn't need to be tamed down. Grief comes in all forms. Some rage, some cry, some laugh...I've seen it all - I've been there with the loss of my mother. You make it about you at some point because it is about you. You've lost someone you love. You're not crying for them, you're crying for yourself and your loss.

They actually did a very good job portraying the different ways people react from barely crying, making it about yourself, to crying so much you can barely speak, to no crying at all. It was all there and done just right.

The only thing not done right was that those scenes weren't the focus of the show on both today's episode and Friday's. Katherine Chancellor/Jeanne Cooper was the matriarch of the show. This story shouldn't be taking last place to the crazySharon, Nick/Avery, etc. stuff. Those should all have been in the background.
Edited by Bremol, Aug 19 2013, 06:38 PM.

celine12

Dakota
Aug 4 2013, 03:52 PM
BlissfulLily
Aug 4 2013, 06:27 AM
That would be the cowardly way for Sharon to do it. When Phyllis can't fight back.
I don't think she's on life support though. A nasal cannula is about it.
I mean she won't fulfill Sharons wishes if the janitor trips over the cord.
Seeing as how coo coo for coco pop Sharon is nowadays I would not be put it past her now. LOL.
I don't put anything past miss crazy pants. Rumor has it things are going to get VERY bad for Sharon. I wonder what if she does something to Avery, before she gets shipped away to the loony bin or Paul, the clueless wonder, throws her in the clink again.
Edited by celine12, Aug 20 2013, 10:01 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

celine12
Aug 20 2013, 10:00 PM
Dakota
Aug 4 2013, 03:52 PM
BlissfulLily
Aug 4 2013, 06:27 AM
That would be the cowardly way for Sharon to do it. When Phyllis can't fight back.
I don't think she's on life support though. A nasal cannula is about it.
I mean she won't fulfill Sharons wishes if the janitor trips over the cord.
Seeing as how coo coo for coco pop Sharon is nowadays I would not be put it past her now. LOL.
I don't put anything past miss crazy pants. Rumor has it things are going to get VERY bad for Sharon. I wonder what if she does something to Avery, before she gets shipped away to the loony bin or Paul, the clueless wonder, throws her in the clink again.
OMG, how can it get any worse without her jumping out a window?
It would be funny if she tried to smother Phyliss, and Phyliss regained consciousness long enough to put her in a stranglehold and choke her to death. :popcorn:
Then she falls back into a coma and nobody can figure out how Sharon died. :lol:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

and Phyllis with an award winning smirk on her face :) That would be justice :)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Oh I'm betting she tries to do away with Avery, get's caught and blames all THIS on the influence of Cassie. That will definitely get her locked up in the :boobs: hatch.
I hope Nick is the one that catches her and saves Avery.
Lock that loony b**** up.

LPS
Member Avatar

LMAO @ Faith not like Avery. Faith is thinking in her head "beat it you buzzard"

Dylan knows he's not the daddy.

Chelsea has zero chemistry with Adam.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

LPS
Aug 24 2013, 01:03 AM
LMAO @ Faith not like Avery. Faith is thinking in her head "beat it you buzzard"

Dylan knows he's not the daddy.

Chelsea has zero chemistry with Adam.
Wow, Adam and Chelsea have more chemistry than anyone on the show right now, in my opinion. Dylan and Chelsea have 0.

LPS
Member Avatar

^I'm not exactly rooting for Dylan and Chelsea, either.

LPS
Member Avatar

Victor said Adam had a tough childhood. Call me crazy, but didn't Adam have a good childhood?

ratfink
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 24 2013, 01:38 AM
Victor said Adam had a tough childhood. Call me crazy, but didn't Adam have a good childhood?
We were always told that he had a good childhood..but ya know..things can change in a minute, depending on who is the Head Writer of the moment. There have been so many different ones, that us as the fans are the only ones that really remember what went on in the past........the new, or interim regime don't even look at the past IMO. They just try to write it as they want it to be and think we are to stupid to remember years gone by... :shrug:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Well we need more characters on the show than just Sharon, Faith, Noah and Nick. Fantasy family that just isn't going to cut it. Sharon is no better than Chelsea. Sharon has a rap sheet that puts a halo above Lindsay Lohan.
Sharon will die a lonely old bat with STD's and latex abrasions.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Aug 24 2013, 08:09 AM
Well we need more characters on the show than just Sharon, Faith, Noah and Nick. Fantasy family that just isn't going to cut it. Sharon is no better than Chelsea. Sharon has a rap sheet that puts a halo above Lindsay Lohan.
Sharon will die a lonely old bat with STD's and latex abrasions.
and that kid will be starring in some horror movie about children who do evil things to people they don't like.
Did you see the look on her face when she saw nick and avery kissing?
If I were avery, I'd make sure there was no rat poison in the house and don't eat anything the kid gives you.

I think Chelsea has good chemistry with both adam and Dylan.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

The new little Faith can sure play a mean little girl! Yes Sammie, see can give out the death stares that even gave me cold chills :scared:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Can anyone say Poltergeist. Good little actress acting like a snot.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Aug 25 2013, 07:44 AM
Can anyone say Poltergeist. Good little actress acting like a snot.
children of the corn. lol

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

LMAO, Faith has died and been buried at the Pet Semetary. She looks possessed and may push Avery down some steps too. And Sharon is enjoying it. Like mother like daughter. Faith and Sharon are actually entertaining me. As long as I don't try to look for the "real" Sharon I used to know, I can enjoy this Sharon on crack with a side of whacko.

What the hell is going on?? I guess I gave up on getting Sharon back and I don't want Shick with Sharon in her current state of mind. Maybe one day this show can get it right, but for now, there's no way in hell I want this Sharon and Nick together. She's in an alternate reality all her own. So if I can't root for Sharon at the moment, I'm just gonna have to make fun of her.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Have to wonder if this wasn't the real Sharon all along and the earlier one was the fake.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply