Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapdom interview with Chandler Massey; "At this moment, nothing is official.”
Topic Started: Aug 6 2013, 06:06 AM (3,219 Views)
Team WilSon
Member Avatar

Soapdom.com interview with Chandler Massey, talking about his win, his role and his future

http://www.soapdom.com/Inside-the-Bubble/days-of-our-lives-two-time-emmy-award-winner-chandler-massey-his-win-his-role-his-future.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

I personally love Chandler so much for many reasons. He is so genuine, humble and warm-hearted person. I really hope that he can work things out and still stay on DAYS while studying. Still, whatever he decides to do I will support him and respect his decisions.

"I want them (Will and Sonny) to get married." :wub: :wub:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I think someone is back tracking a bit and I'm fine with it. Lets face it, if this show goes out if their way to accommodate Sweeney and her 7 million projects they can do the same for Chandler, although I think they shouldn't do it for ANY actor, the fact they do it for one should open up opportunities for them to do it for others.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 6 2013, 06:11 AM
I think someone is back tracking a bit and I'm fine with it. Lets face it, if this show goes out if their way to accommodate Sweeney and her 7 million projects they can do the same for Chandler, although I think they shouldn't do it for ANY actor, the fact they do it for one should open up opportunities for them to do it for others.
If it means he'll stay, I'm all for the show accommodating Chandler.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I hope he makes the best decision for himself. Acting is fleeting. A college degree in the area he's considering can open a lot of doors.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I like him, but I'm very okay with a recast. It's odd because I hated all the recasts of the Last Blast crew, but with Will he's been recast so many times already that if they recast one more time, I don't see an issue. That said if he decides to stay, that would be great too.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Aug 6 2013, 06:23 AM
LuvingLumi
Exactly. That is why I'm saying if the show has decided to accommodate Sweeney all this time then they should do the same for all the actors that want to do other things now.....Chandler, Eileen, etc.....the fact that they even started it and did it to one actress is really the problem. I would frown upon it if the show hadn't done this time of accommodating for anyone and all of a sudden did it for someone, but since they have already set the precedent, then why not accommodate others.

S loves EJ

I donīt think itīs wrong to make accommodations to a actor/actress if the character is important to the show, of course it can be discussed whether or not AS is important it seems like itīs only the Ejami fans that is enjoying her for the moment. It also depends on how other cast members feels about it. Anyway since they already made accommodations to her maybe makes it harder to make further accommodations to others even if they would want to. It must be near impossible to make three different schedules even if CM and ED is great losses.

A show shouldnīt be to depended on one character. The show just needs to cast good actors/actresses and give them interesting characters. At least that applies on viewers that are interested in more than one character.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Maybe he was trying to get a better deal? All the quotes about leaving seemed to come straight after his second Emmy win. Perhaps he thought that win would give him more leverage when it came to a renegotiation. It's strange though, because Chandler definitely said he was moving on, and Corday said the same thing. He even said that he keeps trying to convince him to stay, but his mind is basically made up. Maybe they're offering so much money that he's now seriously considering it.

Eileen, Chandler and Freddie made this show great again. I guess Camila's still going.

This is the first piece of hopeful news we've had when it comes to casting in a long while. There's still hope, even on Eileen's end! Sonny and Will ate THE Supercouple today!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Aug 6 2013, 07:31 AM
I donīt think itīs wrong to make accommodations to a actor/actress if the character is important to the show, of course it can be discussed whether or not AS is important it seems like itīs only the Ejami fans that is enjoying her for the moment. It also depends on how other cast members feels about it. Anyway since they already made accommodations to her maybe makes it harder to make further accommodations to others even if they would want to. It must be near impossible to make three different schedules even if CM and ED is great losses.

A show shouldnīt be to depended on one character. The show just needs to cast good actors/actresses and give them interesting characters. At least that applies on viewers that are interested in more than one character.
and Will would certainly be that important future character, he's the next important male leading man on this show....if it lasts for 10 years...Will is the one that will be front and center....I agree with you that the show shouldn't be to dependent on one character, but that is the way of soaps.....it is what it is..

IF Chandler needs accommodating then he should be accommodated, I would understand if the show had never done any accommodating for actors but they have, so they should now do it to others. HOwever, if he was just holding out for more money then I think it was a bad move on his part...the show was ready to see him go...unless it's a ploy by the show to stop everyone from thinking he's leaving so that the impact of how the character is written out takes the audience by surprise.....

six
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Aug 6 2013, 06:23 AM
LuvingLumi
That's how I feel as well. The show should do what's best for the show, including accommodating actors, if necessary. It might not be true, but I've heard that Days has lost some wonderful younger actors because they weren't willing to work with their schedule, like other soaps have, and its been to the show's detriment.

Marlene

I'm all for them working this out. The overwhelming majority of Will's scenes are not with AS anyway, so I'm sure scheduling wouldn't be that difficult.

I think we could say the same for ED if she decides to stay/return.

camera shy

Judging from that interview with ED it sounds like the ones who accomendated aren't well liked by the rest of the cast. What did she say? She didn't want to be the one hated because acommendating one actor or actress led to the others having a longer work day. Some people obviously care about the working conditions of their fellow castmates and some just care about themselves.

lachelle73

Yeah he may stay I hope he does. Whatever he decides Chandler will go far he seems so humble and apreciative. He and Freddie are my favs!!!

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 6 2013, 08:22 AM
Judging from that interview with ED it sounds like the ones who accomendated aren't well liked by the rest of the cast. What did she say? She didn't want to be the one hated because acommendating one actor or actress led to the others having a longer work day. Some people obviously care about the working conditions of their fellow castmates and some just care about themselves.
I read that as well, and given who's been front & center for months now and has some other high-rating NBC shows to work on, it's a pretty easy guess on who ED was referring to. I don't mind the accomodations to a certain extent, but when it costs the show talented actors/actresses, then they might need to re-think the accomodations and/or storylines. And while I detest Kristen, I'd watch her -vs- John and/or Marlena for hours. As far as Chandler, I applaud him for sticking to his guns & saying when the 4 years he alotted for acting was up, he'd go back to college. That's good for him & hopefully if they send Will off to the clink for shooting Elvis, they can bring him back as Will again in a few years & perhaps try to re-kindle the WilSon magic that has captivated so many viewers. JMO.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Aug 6 2013, 08:36 AM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

camera shy
That's idiotic of them. Maybe they're just resentful that ONE person (AS) gets accommodated. They should be happy and encouraging of others to branch out and try new things.

The show should accommodate Chandler and let him go to school. UCLA is in the same town. How friggin' hard can it be!? I worked with a girl who has been able to go to school full time AND work 30 hours a week. Maybe Chandler can take just 3 classes a semester instead of 4 or 5. Right now it sounds like he only takes 1.

Mason
Member Avatar

I disagree that the show should go out of its way to accommodate CM to get him to stay. He's a decent actor (though I don't think he's quite *as* good as I see him made out to be), and he plays a core legacy character, but I really don't think losing him (either temporarily or permanently) would be as devastating to the show as is being predicted. IMO, they should let him leave now, give him some time to live the college life that he wants then see if he's interested in coming back; if not, find a recast. As popular as he is, I don't think he's impossible to successfully replace.

camera shy

Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 08:42 AM
camera shy
That's idiotic of them. Maybe they're just resentful that ONE person (AS) gets accommodated. They should be happy and encouraging of others to branch out and try new things.

The show should accommodate Chandler and let him go to school. UCLA is in the same town. How friggin' hard can it be!? I worked with a girl who has been able to go to school full time AND work 30 hours a week. Maybe Chandler can take just 3 classes a semester instead of 4 or 5. Right now it sounds like he only takes 1.
If that was the case then she would have taken Days up on their offer. And I don't know many people who wouldn't resent having a few extra hours added on to their work day if they have children to get home to. If someone has so many outside projects that are just so important to them they should just decide which is the most important and let one or the other go. And it's not just the actors or actresses who are effected and it's everyone working behind the scenes.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 6 2013, 08:50 AM
I disagree that the show should go out of its way to accommodate CM to get him to stay. He's a decent actor (though I don't think he's quite *as* good as I see him made out to be), and he plays a core legacy character, but I really don't think losing him (either temporarily or permanently) would be as devastating to the show as is being predicted. IMO, they should let him leave now, give him some time to live the college life that he wants then see if he's interested in coming back; if not, find a recast. As popular as he is, I don't think he's impossible to successfully replace.
exactly, Days is hanging on by the skin of their teeth as it is. They obviously work around AS (and maybe others, who knows), but there's no way they have the capacity to work around everyone or even a number of people.

Pookie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 6 2013, 08:51 AM
Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 08:42 AM
camera shy

If that was the case then she would have taken Days up on their offer. And I don't know many people who wouldn't resent having a few extra hours added on to their work day if they have children to get home to. If someone has so many outside projects that are just so important to them they should just decide which is the most important and let one or the other go. And it's not just the actors or actresses who are effected and it's everyone working behind the scenes.
That could be DAYS bad scheduling. They are able to plan enough to shoot 4 months in advance. They should be able to schedule filming where overtime is NOT required constantly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply