Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapdom interview with Chandler Massey; "At this moment, nothing is official.
Topic Started: Aug 6 2013, 06:06 AM (3,229 Views)
Becki

Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 09:22 AM
camera shy
Aug 6 2013, 09:18 AM
Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 09:13 AM
scifi7
Aug 6 2013, 09:09 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Then if they are all done by 6 every day, then why would the actors be resentful of other actors pursuing other opportunities? It's no skin of their noses. That sounds like petty resentment.
I don't think they're resentful of anyone pursing other projects, but it shouldn't effect their lives.....it shouldn't be any skin off their nose.
If they are done by 6 every day, then WHAT IS THE ISSUE of accommodating Chandler so he can go to college? IN THE SAME TOWN.
Pookie, I think of the situation like this, but I could be wrong. If Chandler isn't available to shoot his scenes that day,then Days will will have to shoot another scene. Just for an example if Chandler can't shoot his scenes,then Days will have to shoot scenes involving another set of actors. And those actors,whoever they are,could have been off that day or had vacation time or something,and they would have to be called into work,or cancel their vacation. And if everyone is supposed to be of by 6 everday, they have to be carefull to not go into overtime. I guess if the situation is like what I just described it would be inconvenient. I have no idea if what I described is what really happens when actors have other commitments,I'm just taking a guess.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Becki
Aug 7 2013, 07:24 PM
Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 09:22 AM
camera shy
Aug 6 2013, 09:18 AM
Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 09:13 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't think they're resentful of anyone pursing other projects, but it shouldn't effect their lives.....it shouldn't be any skin off their nose.
If they are done by 6 every day, then WHAT IS THE ISSUE of accommodating Chandler so he can go to college? IN THE SAME TOWN.
Pookie, I think of the situation like this, but I could be wrong. If Chandler isn't available to shoot his scenes that day,then Days will will have to shoot another scene. Just for an example if Chandler can't shoot his scenes,then Days will have to shoot scenes involving another set of actors. And those actors,whoever they are,could have been off that day or had vacation time or something,and they would have to be called into work,or cancel their vacation. And if everyone is supposed to be of by 6 everday, they have to be carefull to not go into overtime. I guess if the situation is like what I just described it would be inconvenient. I have no idea if what I described is what really happens when actors have other commitments,I'm just taking a guess.
They shoot these shows 4 months in advance. It's not like any changes to a schedule would be short notice. Everyone would know months ahead of time when they are scheduled and need to be available.

Becki

Pookie
Aug 6 2013, 10:23 AM
lysie
Aug 6 2013, 10:20 AM
I think it depends on how they do the accommodating. A couple of years ago, the way they were accommodating AS's schedule was awful. It kept her, Rafe, and EJ in a little bubble, and it felt like two different shows were airing. I remember us complaining about the way some scenes played out when Grace died and it ended up being because they had to film them separately because she wasn't there. When you're accommodating for an actor, you can't have them be the lead in a main story like that. They've been doing better about that lately though, IMO. Idk how people felt about it at the time, but to me it makes more sense to do like they did with Deidre in the 80s (though that didn't last long and apparently wasn't working well anyway). She was in the main story but it made sense for her part to be done separately. She was in a coma and then kidnapped. Either way, she wasn't supposed to be in the middle of everything happening in Salem. Working around school is about different. I doubt Chandler's classes are all after 6.
Quote:

Working around school is about different. I doubt Chandler's classes are all after 6.

No. But he could, say, schedule all of his classes for 2 days a week and be available to shoot 3 days a week. He could have a morning class and leave the afternoon open or vice versa. This isn't like high school where you have to be somewhere at a set time every day. College schedules are by their nature, flexible.
My daughter is starting college this month at MTSU in Tennessee and as a freshman,the schedules are anything but accommodating. Freshmen get the last pick for classes. My daughter,who has 2 years of Spanish,was told she has to take French because Spanish was filled up since the sophomores,juniors and seniors get first dibs. I'm telling her to drop French and wait and get in spanish next year since having two years of Spanish would be wasted having to take French.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

All the best to him. I don't want him to go, but I respect his decision if he leaves!

Pookie
Member Avatar

Becki
Aug 7 2013, 07:31 PM
Pookie
lysie
I think it depends on how they do the accommodating. A couple of years ago, the way they were accommodating AS's schedule was awful. It kept her, Rafe, and EJ in a little bubble, and it felt like two different shows were airing. I remember us complaining about the way some scenes played out when Grace died and it ended up being because they had to film them separately because she wasn't there. When you're accommodating for an actor, you can't have them be the lead in a main story like that. They've been doing better about that lately though, IMO. Idk how people felt about it at the time, but to me it makes more sense to do like they did with Deidre in the 80s (though that didn't last long and apparently wasn't working well anyway). She was in the main story but it made sense for her part to be done separately. She was in a coma and then kidnapped. Either way, she wasn't supposed to be in the middle of everything happening in Salem. Working around school is about different. I doubt Chandler's classes are all after 6.
Quote:

Working around school is about different. I doubt Chandler's classes are all after 6.

No. But he could, say, schedule all of his classes for 2 days a week and be available to shoot 3 days a week. He could have a morning class and leave the afternoon open or vice versa. This isn't like high school where you have to be somewhere at a set time every day. College schedules are by their nature, flexible.
My daughter is starting college this month at MTSU in Tennessee and as a freshman,the schedules are anything but accommodating. Freshmen get the last pick for classes. My daughter,who has 2 years of Spanish,was told she has to take French because Spanish was filled up since the sophomores,juniors and seniors get first dibs. I'm telling her to drop French and wait and get in spanish next year since having two years of Spanish would be wasted having to take French.
Chandler isn"t a freshman. Didn't he complete his freshman year before getting the gig? Hasn't he continued to take at least 1 class a quarter since? He's probably a junior by now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pookie
Aug 7 2013, 09:50 PM
Becki
Aug 7 2013, 07:31 PM
Pookie
lysie
Quote:

Chandler isn"t a freshman. Didn't he complete his freshman year before getting the gig? Hasn't he continued to take at least 1 class a quarter since? He's probably a junior by now.
That's still not necessarily accommodating, because as a junior and upper level, there would be fewer sections of the classes he does need, and they wouldn't necessarily be offered every year.

Graceland
Member Avatar

He's not going anywhere. He's getting a bigger paycheck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply